home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679533 times)

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #1800 on: April 10, 2013, 08:09:32 AM »
They've come out really excellent. Fantastic scuplts. They should sell really well.

I like those a lot

But

More expensive than gw!

I don't think so. Each mini is a unique resin sculpt. Gw sells them at least 10€ a piece, so these would be 120€ in their shop. You would pay this price just for the command group.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1801 on: April 16, 2013, 09:31:57 PM »
Foundry has launched their new website.  Historical stuff on it only ATM, the fantasy stuff will come later with its own website.

They have reduced the cost of all packs to about $15USD now.  So, a pack of 8 troopers is now only about $2 each, and a pack of 3 cavalry are only $5 each.  Not too bad.  Though they have suspended all other discounts while they try out the new pricing.

I like the new website so far - its about eighteen times faster than the old site.

Also, apparently the reason why they came out with all of those recent horrible figures was that the old management wanted to replace the perry sculpts to avoid paying royalties to the perry twins.

http://wargamesfoundry.com/
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #1802 on: April 17, 2013, 01:48:04 AM »
They have reduced the cost of all packs to about $15USD now.  So, a pack of 8 troopers is now only about $2 each, and a pack of 3 cavalry are only $5 each.  Not too bad.

Great news!

I like the new website so far - its about eighteen times faster than the old site.

Great news!

Also, apparently the reason why they came out with all of those recent horrible figures was that the old management wanted to replace the perry sculpts to avoid paying royalties to the perry twins.

I had heard rumors along those lines. Really a shitty thing to do to the talent who made them (Foundry) the best in the business for a long time. Even worse was that they were still charging the premium prices for the sub-par "replacements."

But it's good to see them trying to get back in the game. With the Perry figures back in production and prices in a more reasonable place, they can compete with newer companies being run by their former sculptors. Foundry landsknechts are back on the menu, boys!

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #1803 on: April 17, 2013, 01:56:17 AM »
I had heard rumors along those lines. Really a shitty thing to do to the talent who made them (Foundry) the best in the business for a long time. Even worse was that they were still charging the premium prices for the sub-par "replacements."

But it's good to see them trying to get back in the game. With the Perry figures back in production and prices in a more reasonable place, they can compete with newer companies being run by their former sculptors. Foundry landsknechts are back on the menu, boys!

Will the really nice Christmas cards of the past return next...
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1804 on: April 17, 2013, 02:19:55 AM »
OK, my one criticism -- now that I've actually checked the web page -- is that the images are still the small images they used to have, just displayed larger (and pixelated appropriately.) Doesn't really make them any clearer.

And although the web page is faster, it's a bit ugly & lightly disorganized. It would be nice to see something a little more straight-forward and at least some thought toward aesthetics.

But that's a bit of nit-picking. Like I said, good to see them moving in the right direction.

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #1805 on: April 21, 2013, 01:46:52 PM »
Saw these pics on Lead Adventure Forum:

3-Ups of Perry Miniatures WOTR line, which I use for my Empire army. I already have 20 foot knights painted but I guess I will get the plastic box set when it comes out since fully-plated figures are quick to paint.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #1806 on: April 21, 2013, 08:52:19 PM »
Plastic foot knights, sweet. I also have a unit of 30 so a 20 strong box set would make them nicely up to 50 for a greatsword horde. That has a nice ring.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #1807 on: April 21, 2013, 08:53:48 PM »
they look very nice indeed, greatswords coming up :)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #1808 on: April 21, 2013, 08:54:52 PM »
Look more Bretonnian than Empire, though.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1809 on: April 21, 2013, 08:56:07 PM »
Was that photo taken at Salute yesterday?

I walked past the Perry stand 3 or 4 times yesterday and I'd forgotten they had said they might show the 3-ups.

Got a few photos I took of some scenery and a 24' x 12' Waterloo board
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #1810 on: April 22, 2013, 03:09:01 AM »
Yes, Salute.

The foot usually come in boxes of 40, and mounted 12 to 15. 40 extra Greatswords is way more than I need, but at least it should be cheap.

Chronologically, WOTR is somewhat between Bretonnia and Empire. I guess if you favour the longbow, you will go for Bretonnia; if you favour artillery, you will go with Empire.

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #1811 on: April 22, 2013, 03:44:33 PM »
Heavy armored dudes with crossbows on horseback? That might inspire me to get some Outriders - especially if they are plastic and can easily be converted a little. Greek-style, baby!
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Donnachaidh

• Members
« Reply #1812 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:30 AM »

Foot Knights

This will be a box of 36(?...not sure yet!) foot knights or more acurately, dismounted Men at Arms. They will be all advancing/attacking in pose with seperate arms and heads as usual and will of course be able to be mixed with previous medievil boxes. There is no release date for these yet.

'Light' Cavalry 1450-1500

This box will contain 12 mounted figures that can be assembled as either Coustilliers/Hobblers or Mounted Crossbowmen or Mounted Archers. There is no release date for these yet.
Without so much as a damn your eyes for the inconvenience

Offline Mathi Alfblut

• Members
  • intres cum fixura sine misericordia
« Reply #1813 on: April 23, 2013, 01:57:54 PM »
Seriously... 36 of them foot knights!! One box. Most likely cheaper than or equal in price to a GW greatsword box.

Damn, army of knights of Morr. I come to you!
Oh, and remember GW made it personal, not you!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #1814 on: April 23, 2013, 08:58:43 PM »
4Ground have made some Wild West Buildings - initially to go with Great Escape Games new skirmish game "Dead Man's Hand".
I had a look at the first 6 buildings available at Salute.

3 were £18.00 each, and the 3 larger ones were £36.00

Apparently the range will eventually be 20 strong. 

Wild West or 'wooden construct' buildings probably suit this laser cut manufacture much more than the Dark Age hovels or the modern brick buildings, and I think these looked fantastic.

Apologies that these are a bit blurry.

Oh yes - and the outside doors and roof hatches open and close .....................

There was a 'special offer' for the show but you only got £108.00 worth of models for £100 and so I was able to resist.

The sad thing is I have collected many coffee stirrers for planks to build my own Wild West stuff and been working on a couple already ........... and now having seen these I am severely disheartened .........
  :engel:

« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 09:01:07 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1815 on: April 23, 2013, 09:25:59 PM »
The sad thing is I have collected many coffee stirrers for planks to build my own Wild West stuff and been working on a couple already ........... and now having seen these I am severely disheartened .........
  :engel:

Ha! And I thought I was the only one doing that. I have coffee stirrers, and the somewhat similar tea stirrers, in nearly every pocket of every coat I have. I get a vicarious catholic guilt thrill whenever I take about 5 instead of 1 when I am obviously purchasing only one cup of coffee.

The sad thing is, I'm collecting them with no real aim in mind - just another pile of stuff for my vast collection of potentially useful m modelling 'bits and bobs'.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #1816 on: April 24, 2013, 01:55:05 AM »
Seriously... 36 of them foot knights!! One box. Most likely cheaper than or equal in price to a GW greatsword box.

Well, based on the other boxes, they should be (here in the US) about $34 for 36 vs. $41 for 10 greatswords. So you can get four times as many Perry figures, and still spend less money. And they will look like they deserve the 4+ save...

Offline Donnachaidh

• Members
« Reply #1817 on: April 24, 2013, 06:37:49 AM »
4Ground have made some Wild West Buildings - initially to go with Great Escape Games new skirmish game "Dead Man's Hand".
I had a look at the first 6 buildings available at Salute.

3 were £18.00 each, and the 3 larger ones were £36.00

Apparently the range will eventually be 20 strong. 

You should see what else they have planned ;)
Without so much as a damn your eyes for the inconvenience

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #1818 on: April 26, 2013, 11:01:51 AM »
Very much looking forward to expanding my War of the Roses army with those new Perry plastics!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline sirolf

• Members
« Reply #1819 on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:07 PM »
Tilean landscape for cheap from Plastcraft!!

Link: http://www.plastcraftgames.com/es/63-designed-for-carnevale

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1820 on: May 04, 2013, 09:06:24 PM »

pirate goblins.

PIRATE
GOBLINS.
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1821 on: May 04, 2013, 10:10:55 PM »
pirate goblins.

PIRATE
GOBLINS.

They've been around for a while. I meant to get some for my orc army but so far haven't got around to it!
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #1822 on: May 05, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Please don't go on about pirate goblins. I am one of quite a few who paid for and never received the (possibly) nice-looking pirate goblin figures on Indiegogo. The phrase, once one I enjoyed and would say out loud for pleasure, now leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

If I ever receive them, I'll post them  painted here. Hey, maybe I should play a dangerous game (very dangerous) and declare  will not post again until they come? Like saying to the whole gaming community that if one tiny part lets me down, them I'm off!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Finlay

• Members
  • C'mon Son
« Reply #1823 on: May 05, 2013, 10:29:57 PM »
Youre Not waiting for black scorpion ones are you?
I don't care about the rules.

Pass the machete.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #1824 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:36 AM »
No, he is waiting for these ones:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pirate-goblins-box-set/x/932406?c=home&website_name=pirate-goblins

As am I.  Apparently mine was sent to an incomplete address, and were reposted to me on April 16.  They were supposed to arrive last october...
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres