home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 679535 times)

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2325 on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:55 PM »
Resistance was futile for me

How Indfantile.  :engel:
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2326 on: May 31, 2014, 01:48:09 PM »
A WIP shot of the new sculpts for the Pro-Gloria plastic landsknechts.  I am not sure why, but for technical reasons they had to re-sculpt the figures:

A bit more of a progress! There will be four more dollies, then all parts will be casted and then sleeves, armour, faces etc. will be added. Please note this not the actual pike-pole! The pike will be much slimmer in the future!

The Sculptor is Michael Anderson, known for the GW Empire sculpting work. The talented Paul Hicks is still doing our metal minaitures

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

Offline thorimm

• Members
« Reply #2327 on: June 01, 2014, 04:08:36 PM »
A WIP shot of the new sculpts for the Pro-Gloria plastic landsknechts.  I am not sure why, but for technical reasons they had to re-sculpt the figures:
Ah good news!  :smile2:
Probably has to do with plastic miniatures from a same mold are smaller compared to resin or metal due to material shrinkage when cooling down. Although I think that depends on the type of plastic used.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2328 on: June 01, 2014, 09:03:45 PM »
Oh ... I just found out, that Pro Gloria have been working on mounted knights (gendarms) as well for quite some time already! That could be great - the horses are on the small side though.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 09:07:42 PM by Victor »

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2329 on: June 02, 2014, 03:31:02 PM »
Probably has to do with plastic miniatures from a same mold are smaller compared to resin or metal due to material shrinkage when cooling down. Although I think that depends on the type of plastic used.

I don't think the size is the issue as they are sculpted at 3 times the normal size and then scaled down. If I'm to guess, I'd say they probably had undercuts that won't work with metal tooling.

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2330 on: June 18, 2014, 06:50:33 PM »
Update on the Pro-Gloria Landsknechts:

Michael got the first castings of the body- and head dollies today. He immediately started sculpting on three of six new head dollies - and blimey, they are full of character, aren't they? From these new six head dollies on, he will add hair, beards, hats, etc.

These are all the parts which went to the caster plus some feathers and knives. From these dollies on, Michael will do much more further sculpting to create 12 different landsknechts for the first plastic set :)

Stephan

Nice progress so far.  Looking forward to seeing them come together!
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline thorimm

• Members
« Reply #2331 on: June 18, 2014, 10:50:14 PM »
Those are some mean faces. Looking good!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2332 on: June 20, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »
Brother Vinni has some good looking Arabians that coudl be used for Araby ...

http://www.brother-vinni.com/rus/shop.htm#!/~/category/id=6199065&offset=0&sort=normal
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2333 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:24 PM »
First 3-up of the pro gloria landsknecht finished:

What a manly beard!  :happy:

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2334 on: July 03, 2014, 04:59:13 AM »
New Empire on the horizon (maybe) and amazing new models.
 :biggriin:

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #2335 on: July 03, 2014, 05:50:11 AM »
The Pro Gloria stuff is looking exactly like the figures that GW could have and should have released, but didn't. Looks great.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #2336 on: July 03, 2014, 11:12:16 AM »
That is the business! NEw Empire army in the new year i think, especially if new book as well.  :biggriin:
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #2337 on: July 04, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #2338 on: July 04, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
First 3-up of the pro gloria landsknecht finished:

What a manly beard!  :happy:
Good stuff!  I'm imagining this is the way historical miniatures will be going. :icon_cool: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2339 on: July 04, 2014, 11:31:16 PM »
It has been more than a decade since GW last released (human-) miniatures that looked as good as this does.

Edit: Oh and they are redoing the horses (making bigger ones)! Great news!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:36:35 PM by Victor »

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
« Reply #2340 on: July 05, 2014, 10:08:32 PM »
In all fairness, GW's plastic greatswords are a lot like that prototype in sculpting/casting quality and aesthetics. Greatswords have some ridiculous swords and fantasy features, Pro Gloria's prototype is simpler and more restrained.

Add some comets and skulls and it could have been an empire soldier had they been sculpted in conjunction with the GS plastics, and not four years earlier by what I can only assume to be a chav who got paid in bacardi breezers instead of UK pounds.
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline arjunstc

• Members
« Reply #2341 on: July 11, 2014, 05:14:53 AM »
Gentlemen,

Time to vote ourselves a female with-hunter or a female warrior priest:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=789069091125370&set=a.263009273731357.67244.205953016103650&type=1

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2342 on: July 11, 2014, 07:35:47 AM »
Vote Witch hunter, I'll be bringing out a female warrior priest with my sea elves (you can always file off the ears).  :engel:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2343 on: July 11, 2014, 12:37:40 PM »
I voted witch hunter.  We should all vote witch hunter so we do not split our vote and lose to something else.  :icon_twisted:

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2344 on: July 11, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »
In all fairness, GW's plastic greatswords are a lot like that prototype in sculpting/casting quality and aesthetics. Greatswords have some ridiculous swords and fantasy features, Pro Gloria's prototype is simpler and more restrained.

Add some comets and skulls and it could have been an empire soldier had they been sculpted in conjunction with the GS plastics, and not four years earlier by what I can only assume to be a chav who got paid in bacardi breezers instead of UK pounds.

This is probably because this is the same sculptor as the new GW greatswords (at least I am pretty sure Michael Anderson did the GS)

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2345 on: July 11, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »

GW's plastic greatswords and archers are rather good kits (worst part are the greatswords' arms and weapons). But they could be better ... it's the small details, that make the difference for me (like actually having eyes, wrinkles on the face, folds on the clothing, etc.) The GW CAD designs lack that or are a bit crude and too abstract.

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2346 on: July 13, 2014, 03:04:14 PM »
Vote Witch hunter, I'll be bringing out a female warrior priest with my sea elves (you can always file off the ears).  :engel:

I posted some pics of her now:

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #2347 on: July 13, 2014, 09:59:52 PM »
 :::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2348 on: July 17, 2014, 11:36:51 AM »
Kev White previewed this upcoming figure from Hasslefree Miniatures:

:happy:

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2349 on: July 17, 2014, 01:08:10 PM »
Is it male or female - I'm confused - no boobs, yet face and hair, slim waist and tight shapely backside looks female  :engel:
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?