home

Author Topic: Are We Ready - To Arms  (Read 497 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Are We Ready - To Arms
« on: July 31, 2005, 05:30:13 PM »
The campaign starts tomorrow and the first batch of results can be posted up in the next couple of days.

Battle reports are going to be entered in 'batches' every couple of days or so manually by the campaign team.
Apparently the 'instant' report engine was the one thing they couldn't get to work finally.

Recent victories played in the last weeks ONLY count in the first batch of reports, so please let's get them in by Tuesday at least.

The problem as I see it is when you are posting a battle report you will not see how it effects the location until all the reports are in for that batch.

We do need to organise some method of making sure we spread OR concentrate our points as needed.
We could get to say Friday morning when the first batch has been done and find Kaltenbach is under heavy attack and Fort Grigory has hardly a scratch.

We have 3 locations we can target, or be targetted from 2 initially as I see it.

Brustenbruck by the Talabeclanders, who can attack us back at Kaltenbach.

The Uneasy Watchman by the Stirlanders, who can attack us back at Fort Grigory.

Bechafen - this is attackable, but I do not think we can be attacked from there at the moment as it is controlled by rioters.

Is everybody aware how the system is going to work?

Have you read the reporting battles rules/system?

Do you understand about clicking on the map shields to see the points total and who is in control?

The BONUS points system is quite important, in my opinion.

http://www.warhammer-empire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5857

If you can play another Empire army and get him to play a campaign army list = bonus points.

If you play another race, but use a campaign list = bonus points.

Play one of the 'special' scenarios for the Location [ details available when you click on the shield on the map] = bonus points.

I only got a draw the other day = 200pts, BUT I played against Empire [+50% = 100pts]  and I used a campaign list [ +25% = 50 pts] so it now equals 350 pts.

Now if only I had a massacre = 800pts, and did the same as above AND played one of the scenarios the 800pts doubles to 1600pts.
The base starting points on a shield/location is 5000pts which equals approximately 6 normal massacres but only 3 massacres with bonuses.

I am pretty certain with all the banter from the other 2 factions that they will have a fair amount of battles to report, so we had better watch ourselves initially.

I would suggest we forget about Bechafen to start with and at least until the first batch of battle reports is up, then we can see whether the other 2 are attacking us or each other or balancing their forces.

We also ought to have a plan for the future...............
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Lamen

• Members
Are We Ready - To Arms
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 10:11:03 AM »
I haven't been following this campaign too closely till now, so could I just check that middenland and Kislev are on the same team? They have a mxed icon on the map, so I assume this must be the case. As for locations and reporting battles, can we report battles defending our territories, or is it just for attacking enemy ground?

Me and some friends are going to be playing today, so I will make sure I play the other Empire player, but where should I report the Battle on the map?

Thanks

Edit: Also, which locations are considered adjacent to Opole? I would assume Waldshmidt and Kaltenbach, but could anyone confirm this?

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Are We Ready - To Arms
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 10:41:45 AM »
Opole is not a battle location - it's a Kislev city but not part of the alliance with Middenland.

The other stuff should be covered by the battle reporting faq.

http://warhammer-empire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8527
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.