home

Author Topic: Round 5  (Read 5458 times)

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« on: August 21, 2005, 04:26:32 AM »
Wow. Well what is there to say about that round; it was poor. Especially since we only now have about 4 posting members and the other factions have at least 10 each. Were really going to need to focus our attacks to maximise their effectiveness. (Or hope for a modifier some time in the future). Everyone else has had an advantage so far and we have the least numbers!

Stirland might be busy trying to protect/capture the Watchman, while Middenland try to take it back.

It was very close at Udo's, we almost held on. At Kaltenbach we had very little hope of overcoming the massive starting points plus other battles posted there but we can't let Middenland build up too big a buffer while the modifier exists. So we are in difficult postion. What to do? What to do?
Te morturi Salutant

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 5
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 04:30:49 AM »
You could send out emails to your "dormant" members, and ask them for help.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 04:33:33 AM »
Ideas man.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
Round 5
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:04:31 PM »
Calvin, I am not so sure that will work, but it is worth a try. I think we should just concentrate on entrenching in our own ares, next turn we can attack.

I just sent emails to the nonposting memebers who list their emails, but several do not. I am just wondereing how many spy accounts there are. I know that we are not completely free.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 5
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:27:26 PM »
Well, it was very close at Udo's Fall. Too bad we couldn't take it!

As for future plans: well, taking Kaltenbach will be difficult, I suppose. I think we should concentrate on reinforcing Rhya's Sisters first. If Stirland doesn't post any more battles at Udo's, we could again try a surprise attack, since the difference in points is still very small there. But that's probably wishfull thinking.

And Kaltenbach... well, we could post the occasional battle now and then, and keep some pressure on the Middenlanders, but I'm afraid we'll never be able to contest it.

So, reinforcing the Sisters first, post any skirmishes you can play at Bechafen, and maybe try to hold a battle in reserve. That way, we can launch a surprise attack or defend ourselves against one. We can then wait and see what happens.
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 5
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 05:50:58 PM »
Right. I took a look at the battle report forum, and apparently epsteme has already posted two battles at Rhya's Sisters. I can post one more (I have two battles at the moment, but I want to keep one as a reserve), and that will bring us to some 7000 points ahead of Stirland. Maybe a battle or two extra, and we should be fairly safe there (some 8000-9000 points should do the trick, I hope, or at least give us time to react if they attack).

So, what shall we do then? Any suggestions? Attack Kaltenbach again? Or Udo's Fall, or Bechafen? We also could just use this round to strengthen our defences further...
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 10:30:15 PM »
That was my thinking, we shall soon be facing massive assualts, and I do not plan to just let them attack us when they come. If we can build up some truly big leads in the tow whatsit who-eys that are our borders, we can then attack Bechafen when they attack us. We wait till they are commited to attacking our(hopefully) 10-12 thousand point leads in all locations. Then we shall simply ignore those bordering territories and try to take Bechafen next round! What say you?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Calvin

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Round 5
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 01:29:02 AM »
Quote from: Helblaster_Of_Sigmar
I am just wondereing how many spy accounts there are. I know that we are not completely free.

Do you have any leads for me to follow up on?

Send me an email if you do.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 03:07:29 AM »
When did the campiagn start? Cause:

Richous: 0 posts, joined 23rd of June.

Wilhelm val Rico: 2 posts, joined 20th of June

And:

Der Komet has not posted here, nor(I believe) have Andrej or Deatharrow or Morgan Berhardt. These may not be anything, but maybe you could email them? I emailed Deatharrow, Der Komet, Frontier and I believe that is all. I know that several of these are rather ridiculous, but just trying to be complete.

I do not really know who could be a spy, but it seems unlikely not to have any.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 07:28:44 AM »
I've got three games with extra bonuses from the campaign day, all solid victories. one against Stirland(biggs), one Middenland (midaski) and a d.elf.

I was thinking one at Kaltenbach, one at the falls and save the d.e one? How does that sound, it only a short round.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 09:15:46 AM »
That sounds fine FR1DAY. Not sure what we should aim for at the moment, perhaps Udo's, but at the same time we need to stop Middenland getting a massive lead at Kaltenbach. Stirland look like their holding back there posts as are Middenland. The logical thing for Stirland to do would be to go for the Watchman now it's contested, but seems to me their fairly keen on Bechafen too, and Stirland haven't been very logical so far.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 04:44:44 PM »
I think that we should ONLY reinforce our territories, and then go for Bechafen next round. Forget Kaltenbach and Udo's, the other two factions can keep those. This round we should just fortify, and then at the end of the NEXT round, we should suddenly attack Bechafen.

We are a small faction, so I propose that we only ever post battles on the last day, or the night of the day before. That way we can give no hints as where we will hit. I am going to post my 3 massacres(2 from Middenland is Okay, one from Hellion) and my Solid Victory(Hellion) at Rhya's Sister's, how about FR1DAY and epistme post any wins at Brustenbruck, thus fortifying us heavily. Me and MoS and DH played a ton of skirmish games(all B-chafen scenarios) so I will post them at the capitol to start our overthrow their.

We should try to post as many skirmishes at Bechafen as possible, to start gaining us points there, and making it harder for the other factions to take it this round. What say you? We cannot really hope to take Udo's or Kaltenbach, so might as well go for the prize, eh?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 5
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 06:54:09 PM »
Well, it seems the Middenlanders and the Stirlanders are primarily occupied with their fighting at the Watchman.  We should hold some battles in reserve in case of an attack in the last hours of the round, but that's all I think.

@Helblaster_Of_Sigmar: do you really think we should only concern ourselves with defense this round? The Sisters could do maybe with some extra points (Brustenbruck seems safe to me), but we are a small faction, so we should carefully consider where to post our battles.

So, what do we do? Defend with everything we got, as HoS proposes? Or do we attack? If we save enough batles, we could maybe attack Udo's Fall again just before the round ends. We can also attack Kaltenbach, but we need a lot more points there. Or we could attack Bechafen and fortify our position there, but I think we should limit ourselves to posting skirmishes at the moment.

I'm for attacking Udo's again, but unfortunately I'll be offline from tomorrow till friday, so I have to post all battles for this round today (no surprise attack for me :wink: ). I've got two solid victories, a minor victory and a couple of skirmishes to add. But where?
cisse

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 01:23:26 AM »
I've already posted two battles at Rhya's, so it should be OK. What's the point in making surprise attacks in defence? (Wow, thats a contradiction of terms). Anyhow, I think we should chip away at something. We still have the bonus at Kaltenbach, and were not far behind at Udo's. I believe if we take Bechafen the other factions will just smash us. We need to stay inconspicuous. Plus to take Bechafen we need to overcome the factions points PLUS riots which will be almost impossible for us. I have no real advice on what to do but those are just my thoughts.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
Round 5
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 01:29:11 AM »
What's the point in making surprise attacks in defence? (Wow, thats a contradiction of terms).

Yeah, I was talking of attacking of course :wink:

All right. As I said, I now have 4 battles to report, one of them a raid (again against dwarves). So I'll post these at Udo's Fall, to put some pressure on the Stirlanders.

I'm offline till friday, so I won't be able to do anything more in this round. Good luck guys, and watch out! :wink:
cisse

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 05:55:04 PM »
I know I will draw a bunch of flack from people(midaski), but I just got 4 massacres. Not many people will believe this, but honestly, when you play against an all shooting army, on a HEAVILY wooded table, with alot of knights it is hard not to win. SO Hellion and Middenland_is_Okay have decided not to play me on that board again, so oh well. But I will post them at Udo's on the 25th, so as to surprise the stirs, and hopefully contest the Fall.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 12:42:17 AM »
Hey guys, I think we could easily carry the day at Kaltenbach, witha last minute attack. I have 9,000 points to post there, so I think I could carry it, with a little support form you guys on the 25th. I will post around lunch(california time), and then whoever wants to starts to pour in their battles right after that. I think we can carry it, how many points have you guys got?
Gave into the WoW.

Offline CatoTheUlrican

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2005, 02:57:05 AM »
Hello my fellow Talabeclander generals,
I heard about this campagin over on one of the other forums and though I'd join the fighting. I have a few battles to report and thought I'd come here to find where I should post them.

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005, 03:05:13 AM »
Welcome Cato, Hope you have fun in the campaign.
Post them at Udo's (but try to do it just before the tally occurs on Thursday).

I've done the math, we are 50 points in front at Udo's and 4000 points behind in Kaltenbach. I've still got three battles left. With you Helblaster, Cato and myself we may be able to contest both locations. But we tried that before and lost both. What do you think. We'll have to launch a surprise somewhere.

And don't worry about the massacres, if you truly earned them you've got nothing to worry about.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005, 03:39:33 AM »
yeah, but midaski is a grouchy old tough-ass, and will prolly post some dumb, sarcastic, annoying thread in the main campaign forum. Oh well, MoS and Hellion can vouch for them and my latest win.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005, 06:46:55 AM »
I'm not sure where you live Helblaster, but it's about 6.30am GMT so keep an eye on the forum all day (night?) and try and post around 5 pm GMT? If General H does it earlier we could be in trouble.

We need you too Cato. We'll launch on Kaltenbach and maybe also Udo's if we have enough spare.

When's Joey getting back from his honeymoon? Although the last thing he prob. wants to do is play warhammer!
Te morturi Salutant

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005, 07:53:52 AM »
I've got one left as well. 5pm today?
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2005, 12:02:57 PM »
General H is on at the moment so just post them ASAP. He could do it any time!
Te morturi Salutant

Offline episteme

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2005, 12:16:39 PM »
OK, General H just logged off again. I posted some battles at Udo's but thats really only a front. Lets go all out on Kaltenbach in a couple of hours??? But I'm a bit worried about leaving it to late and missing out altogether. So its up to all you guys.
Te morturi Salutant

Offline HoS

• Members
Round 5
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2005, 03:30:36 PM »
the forum is locked, and I didnae post!!!!!!! Gosh dangit!!!! Oh well, that is just 7200-9000 points missing.... damn!!
Gave into the WoW.