home

Author Topic: 'Nilla Knights to the rescue!  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Ownkreig von Pwnage

• Members
  • Bears: Coming to a hobby shop near you
Re: 'Nilla Knights to the rescue!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 11:39:02 PM »
Wood elves are best.

burn those pointy eared haters  ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic::

(and Eglard too  ::heretic:: ::heretic:: ::heretic:: )
You can never have enough threads crying about halberdiers. We have an epic ballad in Nordland called the Halberdiers' Lament. Luckily for you, I shall not sing it.

Offline Zarkdon

• Members
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 12:07:13 AM »
I had a unit of 5 knights this past weekend take a charge by two lion chariots and win.
"Yours in not to question how or why, yours is but to do or die."

Preceptor of the Knights of the Yellow Streak before their failed feartest outside of Holdensburg

Offline Dannyfave

• Members
  • A.K.A Skabilly Takamaster.
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 01:22:20 AM »
O.k , I have something a bit more empire related, I had a unit of DOW knights (10, fc) get charged by dragon princes, won combat and ran them down. My buddy that played high elves had realy bad luck with them, so he switched to empire.
From feanor fire heart:

"In west virginia why couldnt they have sex ed and drivers ed on the same day?  Because its too much work for the donkey"

Offline Redhammer

• Members
  • Flagellant at heart
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 05:29:38 AM »
Your opponent must have had some really terrible dice that day

He did, but so did I. I rolled 6 6 on a leadership test, then 1 1 to flee on a unit of 20 swordsmen.  : :icon_cry:
You can say what you want about burglars, but they show initiative, verve, and a willingness to work often unsociable hours.

Offline typo

• Members
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 08:15:51 AM »
Time to line the offending dice up by the oven and melt them down one at a time in front of them, until morale improves :)

Offline Mordenkai

• Members
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2009, 09:02:53 AM »

I love my 'Nillas!

The only problem I have with my Knights, is that even with Ld 8, they fail unreasonably many Ld-tests...
Especially, when I have a juicy flank charge lined up...

Maybe it's just my Knights who are a bit chicken...?
Chicken 'Nillas! (Sounds like a bad boyband...  :icon_eek: )

Still love 'em, though.

-Mordenkai

Offline Nicholas Bies

• Members
  • puzzling
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2009, 09:11:17 AM »
Time to line the offending dice up by the oven and melt them down one at a time in front of them, until morale improves :)

If that was a valid revenge strategy I'd have no more dice.
The greatest form of control which can go on forever until it is exposed is a tyranny you can't see, touch and taste (unlike totalitarian Govts). When you sit in a prison cell but can't see the bars, because people don't rebel against not being free when they think they're are.

Offline revgiblet

• Members
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2009, 10:28:05 PM »
I had five 'Nilla Knights charged by a unit of 6 or so White Lions.  They killed one of the knights, and the knights killed one of the WLs.  The Knights won on numbers, the WLs failed their Stubborn break test and fled.  The WLs got away by running through a Lion Chariot while the Knights pursued into its flank.

Then it was my turn, and my single remaining Pistolier charged the fleeing WLs and ran them all down.

I still got smashed in that game though.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 01:10:18 AM »
Erm... don't you have to be US5 to run down something...?
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Chubba

• Members
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2009, 01:11:31 AM »
I had two units of naked knights charge into two chaos warrior blocks to hold them back from my greatsword unit that was embroiled in combat with their premier chaos knight unit.

Not only did they hold them back, they broke them and ran them down. And then turned around just in time for a last turn charge against the very same Chaos Knight Unit the Greatswords had been fighting.

Oh yes, it was glorious.

Offline Elden

• Members
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Mine withstood a frontal charge from his main big sauras block with general. Took casualties, but with 2 models left, managed to pass my break test and stand!  :icon_eek:  And that allowed me to double flank plus rear charge him in the next turn! The sauras unit died a terrible death.  :icon_lol:

Offline Folken

• Members
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2009, 06:09:49 AM »
Erm... don't you have to be US5 to run down something...?
That is to destroy something when it flees through you. You can pursue and run down anything regardless of your US.