home

Author Topic: (in)Famous places and faces in the Empire  (Read 774 times)

Offline Johann Q Peasant

• Members
  • Cheese Burgher
(in)Famous places and faces in the Empire
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »
Hey all,

I'm running a WFRP 3rd Edition campaign.  I remember a thread on this forum awhile ago talking about famous places of the Empire, (too bad I can't find it).  I've got quite a few ideas myself, but I was hoping if anyone had any of their "own" famous places and faces for them to see on their campaign. It would help me out immensely.  Nobles to cutthroats, heroes or villains. It doesn't have to be long, just a name and a description.  Any help appreciated. 

Not a very good selling point. "Do my work for me as a GM, and see your creation used in a rpg by an anonymous group of people you've never met!"
Putting the "Off" in Off-topic.

Offline iatroblast

• Members
  • Invincibility at no extra charge!
Re: (in)Famous places and faces in the Empire
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 04:38:25 AM »
You're looking for official famous characters or places, or ideas to create your own? Well.. I remember a character named Johan Van --something, and he was a Witch Hunter, specialized in exterminating Vampires. He was always accompanied by a priest, whose past was unknown, but many suspect his church had been destroyed by Chaos, thus he was seeking revenge. If you're interested, i could find some more details. Another interesting story i found in the recent book Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire -even though very old- talks about a mysterious young heroine in a blue dress, helping empire people withstand a bloody combat against chaos by healing the wounded. Though she eventually died in that war, her story passed into legend never to be forgotten. It's the girl you may have noticed on the banner of the Talabecland unit of Crossbowmen. Now that I'm thinking of it, that book has a lot of named units and characters still existing in the Empire. Another interesting story is one I heard at my local store. I was talking with some fellows about 40K and Fantasy and they remembered a story of WD regarding the sudden appearance of 'mysterious angels' who wiped out a beastmen village, just to be disappeared again.  The story implies they were Blood Angels accidentally teleported to this Fantasy world and somehow returned back in a few moments (after they shot everything that moved :p ). Not very relevant, but good for inspiration (if that is what u r looking for). Another nice story can be found in the Daemons armybook, where it's talking about a weird 'carnival' with a circus atmosphere that visits villages when it's fullmoon if i remember well, and lurks near them for three nights. Villagers' dogs suspiciously bark after the sun is set, and for as long as it stays, mischief and illness spreads to the village, as small demons sing and shadows dance during the nights. On the third night, the foul celebrations reach their peak until they leave for good when the sun rises. Finally, there are always the Sisters of Sigmar, a sisterhood of women devoted to him (much like nuns). They were very popular by the common folk, until the Witch hunters in their fanatism to find evil, accused them of witchcraft. Much less in number and hunted, they remained almost hidden in a monastery in Mordheim, were they survived it's destruction thanks to the vision of one of the order's blind sister (i think her name was Cassandra)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 05:02:49 AM by iatroblast »