home

Author Topic: "Warhammer App"?  (Read 892 times)

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
"Warhammer App"?
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:12:17 AM »
So I just saw this...

http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=136827b843bb2808e5ae537dd&id=242ed1f19d&e=e47d6fe757

(came through my email, so the link might not work perfectly)

It is a "Warhammer App" they are offering for free. And it has free downloads (wallpapers, rules, news etc.)

Okay . . . so?

I mean, what is that about then, Ted? We've been saying for a long time "it would be cool if they had stuff on the site for free download" and "if they communicated with people" and things like that. Do we think this app might be PART of that strategy? Like, with Age of Sigmar they are trying something new - and not just new in terms of the game, but also in terms of strategy?
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: "Warhammer App"?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 11:45:09 AM »
I suspect it is what already free on offer from the website. For instance, the rules being the Update Versions.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: "Warhammer App"?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 12:07:38 PM »
It's been available on iOS for a while, from today it's also on Android.  Though not for my phone apparently.

It's not much more than the stuff on What's New Today on teh GW website, the occasional free wallpaper for devices, the list of new releases for GW, FW and BL when they get released, and it also includes licensed stuff like video games and so on.  I think there are also occasionally free very short stories from Black Library.

It is up to date with official GW notifications, but usually like they are, a few days/weeks behind the rumour sites