home

Author Topic: I Paint Stuff - chaos dwarf army!  (Read 35829 times)

Offline LarsRock

• Members
Re: I Paint Stuff - chaos dwarf army!
« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2017, 10:15:53 PM »
No worries, I've always been quite clear about the fact, that everything I don't spend on bills and crap like that, is mine to spend, however I want, and she's never complained. :biggriin:
Behold as Rome burns, as do I
´Tis not the last empire to crumble

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »
Wait till your married. :icon_wink:

Yet seriously, sounds good!
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #202 on: March 04, 2017, 01:18:49 PM »
Wait till your married. :icon_wink:

Yet seriously, sounds good!

Or have kids and she is off work for a little bit looking after a newborn...

Anyway... i think you did a great original paint job, but if making them pop colour is what you want, you have done that well too!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #203 on: March 04, 2017, 05:41:16 PM »
Warlord: Thank you for commenting! :biggriin:

You guys might be right, but today she asked me if we could go to the local hobbystore, because she wanted to see if she could find something to try and paint. She ended up buying a box of the new gryph-hounds, and we are just about to start painting them. :closed-eyes: #NerdDream

And thank you, I just prepped the last two wolfriders today, so I'll try and finish them next week. :smile2:

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #204 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

This has been a nightmare and a dream at the same time! To get the opportunity to paints something like this, is something that I'll probably only will experience once! It took way too long, but I am really proud of the result! I will upload better pictures, once my fiancé has time to help me!

I'm not quite done yet, seeing as I still need to paint bullcentaurs, 3 mounted heroes and a shit ton of warmachines, but I will celebrate, that all infantry units and light cavalry units are done!

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #205 on: March 14, 2017, 07:08:48 PM »
My fiancé helped me take some pictures of the Chaos Dwarf troops that I've finished so far, so that I can finally share my work with you guys, in a propper fashion!

First up is the meat and potatoes of the army, the Chaos Dwarf Warriors!

This unit consists of 24 Chaos Dwarf Warriors, equipped with halberds and shields. I also but in a Chaos Dwarf Sorcerer, to accompany the unit into battle (mostly because it looked good).

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #206 on: March 14, 2017, 07:11:49 PM »
Next up are the Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussers!

This unit consists of 13 Chaos Dwarf Blunderbussers, and let me tell you, this unit was an absolute pain in the ass! 4 of the models was damaged badly, by some prior attempt to strip them of paint, I guess!

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #207 on: March 14, 2017, 07:14:43 PM »
Then we have a small skirmishing unit, consisting of 4 Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits, and 3 Chaos Dwarf Champions, functioning as slavers!

This unit is kinda ramshackle, seeing as a unit of only 4 Hobgoblin Sneaky Gits seemed kinda meh, and the 3 champions needed a place to be.

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #208 on: March 14, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »
Finally, the unit I am most proud of, the Hobgoblin Wolfriders!

This unit consists of 8 Hobgoblin Wolfriders, with shields and spears, and a backup bow. Some of you might question the bright colors of their attire, but I figured, that since they usually raid traders from Cathay, they could probably have gotten their hands on some hip threads!

I would very much like to hear what you guys think, so all comments are welcome.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #209 on: March 15, 2017, 03:58:00 AM »
They look really good on the round bases. You should be proud of them - they look great!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #210 on: March 15, 2017, 05:33:24 PM »
Warlord: thank you very much, I am very pleased with the result! :biggriin:

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • The Prince of Brooklyn Park
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2017, 03:12:34 PM »
They look great, but its so odd to see them based on rounds.
In the words of the late great Nicki Minaj - Ya done son

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:11 PM »
Doc J: thanks man!

I know, especially the halberdiers, cause they were scuplted to be ranked up "square to square"! But I guess it's just something that we all have to get used to now, unless we don't want to play AoS..

I bought 40 bretonnian bowmen, the old monopose ones, and they are all going on round bases at some point. I have never actually played Warhammer before, in any version, so I figured I might as well give AoS a try. I really do not like the way the new AoS models look. Frankly, I've been feeling that GW has been making some pretty ridiculess models in the past 5-6 years. I'm not a fan of the gryphon riders of the Empire, for instance. But the old 4'th and 5'th edition mini's resonates with something from my childhood, and Bretonnia was the first team I ever fell for, some 14-16 years ago, so I figured I'd collect a small force, put them on AoS-friendly bases, paint them Real nice, and get my ass kicked, while trying to learn how to play. :-P

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2017, 09:52:36 PM »
Doc J: thanks man!

I know, especially the halberdiers, cause they were scuplted to be ranked up "square to square"! But I guess it's just something that we all have to get used to now, unless we don't want to play AoS..

I bought 40 bretonnian bowmen, the old monopose ones, and they are all going on round bases at some point. I have never actually played Warhammer before, in any version, so I figured I might as well give AoS a try. I really do not like the way the new AoS models look. Frankly, I've been feeling that GW has been making some pretty ridiculess models in the past 5-6 years. I'm not a fan of the gryphon riders of the Empire, for instance. But the old 4'th and 5'th edition mini's resonates with something from my childhood, and Bretonnia was the first team I ever fell for, some 14-16 years ago, so I figured I'd collect a small force, put them on AoS-friendly bases, paint them Real nice, and get my ass kicked, while trying to learn how to play. :-P

A thouroughly excellent plan.  The hobgoblins look great on the oval bases. Just noticed your from Denmark. I really like the Viking metal band Svarstot. They come up with some great rythems and had a pipe player that was terrific. Incredibly low growly vocals. 
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:26:47 PM by Artobans Ghost »
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2017, 06:50:09 AM »
Artobans Ghost: thank you!  :biggriin:

Hey, cool, we danes don't really have a lot going for us, in the way of "owning" a genre. We don't do Black metal as well as the norwegians, we don't do Thrash metal as well as the germans, and we don't do Death metal as well as the swedes, but there is a growing scene for pagan/viking/folk metal, which is pretty cool. :biggriin:

I myself used to play in a progressive death metal band, named Sunless Dawn. :closed-eyes:

I see that you are from Canada! I absolutely love the band Priestess!  :biggriin:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2017, 09:20:27 PM »
That's awesome Lars. I havnt had time to properly check out that band but on quick inspection it looks like you guys produced a lot of music. Like the name too as it describes some of my not-so-better days lol. What position did you play?
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #216 on: March 29, 2017, 01:58:40 PM »
I played the guitar in the band for about 4-5 years, but what we played back then was a lot more simple than what they play now. :biggriin: the problem with having several hobbies is that I'm okay at a lot of things, but not really great at anything. :icon_lol:

You should give their song "Sovereign" a listen, it has the best productionquality. It's also has a couple of riffs that came about, back when I was in the band. :closed-eyes:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2017, 12:38:08 AM »
I know this is a painting thread but art is art. I got a chance to listen to this piece. I see what you mean by progressive. That is where my original love of music lies in all the old prog bands. I once left a comment regarding a song by Tyr which I also love. It was concerning where the progressive elements went in music and I suggested they went to the Scandinavian countries. I still believe this.
Sovereign is long enough to explore the music. I don't mean to link your style to someone in particular but I really find your style like Robert Fripp of King Crimson and I mean that in a positive way. He was pure genius and I couldn't help being reminded of that when listening. Definitely going to look at there work in that era. Thanks for sharing Larsrock. Like the type of musician I like, you are humble in your opinion of your work.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #218 on: April 02, 2017, 06:28:16 AM »
Artobans Ghost: You are spot on, when you mention King Crimson!
I love the really oldschool progbands, like Yes, or your countrymen Rush!
I'm glad you liked it, and thank you for taking the time. :biggriin:

I've held a not of a break from painting, as work has been crazy, and we've had a death in the family, but now I'm back, and 5 points to whoever can guess what the next project is!

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #219 on: April 12, 2017, 02:56:30 PM »
Got a little painting done today. :biggriin:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #220 on: April 12, 2017, 05:53:16 PM »
AoS doom divers? My guess for what it's worth lol
Looking good!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2017, 08:17:39 PM »
Damn right, it's a couple of goblin doom divers.. :biggriin: I have NO clue about the rules for these guys in AoS, but I'm guessing that my client will use these guys as a "hobgoblin" crewed warmachine for his Chaos Dwarf army.. :?

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2017, 04:05:54 AM »
Well LarsRock please feel free to send all of your spare square and rectangle bases to me because Im running out  :-P ( seriously though, if you have around 500+ I'll buy em, because I have models right now without bases, and Ive turned to using wood )

Offline LarsRock

• Members
« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »
Unfortunately I don't have anywhere near 500, more like 50.. :blush:

But can't you find a cheap alternative on Ebay? I mean, there must be plenty of people who are selling their square bases after AoS?

Offline Doc J

• Members
« Reply #224 on: April 21, 2017, 01:49:59 AM »
not as many or as cheaply as you would think. Some of us are holding on, to WFB until the bitter end.