home

Author Topic: Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..and Allies  (Read 30159 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Artobans Ghost Pack.....of....wolves..and Allies
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2017, 12:06:00 AM »
I like those Space Wolf scouts and the Army of the Covenant.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2017, 01:10:07 AM »
I like those Space Wolf scouts and the Army of the Covenant.

Thank you sir!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2017, 02:19:47 AM »
After Friday's encouragement, I decided to attack the termi's. I was always a little wary of them after my death wing attempt and they sat  for years. I think I will add the other 5 as well. Might add a bit of pinch to the Covenant.  Not sure what way to tweak them but they can't hurt.

Have another grey wolf squad almost ready as well.

The wolf guard intimidates me as well. I'm working up the courage.

I dug out my DA assault squad and I picked up a chaplain with a jump pack somewhere along the line and the command squad will cross the floor to the Covenant as well. The DA where the first army I painted some 12 years ago and the Librarian was my first 40k model I ever painted. Didn't even know what he did but I thought a warrior book worm was pretty cool. Letter I realized what he did and liked him even more. That was also before I found out librarians were blue across the board.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »
Some nice progress there, but are you really going to keep adding to every single army you have? How many are there now? Five 40k armies?
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
Artoban, what are those DA's doing there? I thought you were playing glorious, imperial loyalists? :icon_wink:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:37:22 AM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
Some nice progress there, but are you really going to keep adding to every single army you have? How many are there now? Five 40k armies?

Insane it is!  I really need to put away some of this crap. This is all backlog from years ago. I havnt bought anything but I need to get a grip since I don't even play 40k at the moment. I ordered a bunch of round bases so I think I'll just stick too the woofs and start my first true AoS army - skaven/ beasties. Still waiting for a package from Konrad with beastmen/ skaven mix plus the skaven battalion.

Giving head a shake!
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 11:18:41 AM »
Artoban, what are those DA's doing there? I thought you were playing glorious imperial loyalists? :icon_wink:

Ha! Don't let Asmodai hear you. The hunt will never end 😸
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 04:25:31 PM »
Artoban, what are those DA's doing there? I thought you were playing glorious imperial loyalists? :icon_wink:

Lies and Slander! Everyone knows the glorious Dark Angels are THE MOST LOYAL OF LOYALISTS! Traitors!? WHAT TRAITORS?! WE DONT HAVE ANY.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2017, 11:09:55 PM »
Insane it is!  I really need to put away some of this crap. This is all backlog from years ago. I havnt bought anything but I need to get a grip since I don't even play 40k at the moment. I ordered a bunch of round bases so I think I'll just stick too the woofs and start my first true AoS army - skaven/ beasties. Still waiting for a package from Konrad with beastmen/ skaven mix plus the skaven battalion.

Giving head a shake!
Don't listen to him!  Do many, add more, play more, have fun!

If anyone was aware of how many armies I have, they'd be shocked, and I don't mean just 40K, although for that I have Ork (my main army), Space Marine (Mentors), and Tau (nothing painted, yet).

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2017, 11:13:19 PM »
I did not know you had that many 40k armies GP! I think I only knew about the few Tau. I always liked the Mentors Chapter for Marines. They seemed like a fairly reasonable military force. (As in reasonably sane)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2017, 11:57:28 PM »

Giving head a shake!

Don't listen to him!  Do many, add more, play more, have fun!

If anyone was aware of how many armies I have, they'd be shocked, and I don't mean just 40K, although for that I have Ork (my main army), Space Marine (Mentors), and Tau (nothing painted, yet).

Ha! I did clean up a couple armies and put them back for safe keeping 😺 But I kept the termi's and assault group out. It's very easy for me to get sidetracked because I love em all. I see a group and the mind starts wandering to old objectives and new. Now just the woofs and the small Covenant to be roam the work table. However I did come across my unit of 20 battle master Gors and started scraping off the shields. DocJ put me on to these guys and they will fill out the ranks I think. My 100 round bases should arrive at the end of he month so lookout skaven. In the meantime I will woof it up and try to finish them.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2017, 09:42:59 PM »
Ok. One more grey wolf squad. Seem to have lost one trooper so I'll probably team them up with the leader and drop pod. On to the wolf guard.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Also managed to get some Covenant termi's done plus a chaplain. Still working on the assault squad and the othe five terminators but then these guys go back on the shelf until the wolves are done. 

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2017, 02:02:00 AM »
More terminators and the assault squad have crossed the floor. I'll be shelving these guys now to work on the wolves.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2017, 10:03:26 PM »
Glad I inspired you to finish them off
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 11:02:02 PM »
Thank you! They need all their pauldron stuff and some serious touch up. They seem to red to me. As usual I'm intimitaded by the chapter details and fine painting.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 08:10:00 AM »
They look very good! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 11:39:41 AM »
Finally tackling the wolf guard. Don't know why they are so intimidating. In the background are the future vehicles of the wolves. I picked these up plus two other Razorbacks for 35 bucks. Can't go wrong. With a few alterations they will work out. I have to laugh at the las cannon fest on the crusader. I'll have to pull them but I kinda like the firepower lol.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »
Whoa, that's a really nicely looking Terminus Ultra. Always glad to see one of those guys on someone's table. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2017, 01:03:54 PM »
Thanks!! Banners and details bog me down forever lol.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »
Four vehicles for $35, sweet deal!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 01:56:33 PM »
Four vehicles for $35, sweet deal!

Actually when I think about it, it was 6. Two razors wound up in the Covenant. I couldn't believe the find and asked the guy. He said it had to go so I didn't mind being the dump. 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2017, 03:12:24 AM »
Wolf guard are up. Pauldrons and banner details still to do but mostly ready. Based the tanks as well. Not sure who will ride in what but I have 4 drop pods as well to go.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2017, 12:25:18 AM »
Just a note of interest. I thought that version of land raided a few pics up was a custom variant by the original owner but I just reasearched it and found it is actually a terminus ultra variant and has no ability to transport troops due to the space required to power the lascannons. It can be found in imperial armour #2 pg 28. I might just keep this around for vehicle busting lol.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2017, 03:03:01 AM »
Army so far. A year ago I would have never believed it possible to be actually churning out painted army's again. It only existed in my thoughts and now it's s reality. A long time getting there but if you have the desire, maybe it can work out. Although the quality of these are nowhere near the output of the masters, this is still loads of fun and I get to share it with my son when he drops by. He built everything except the little group of rats and hopefully he will build more for me to paint. 
I added some vehicles and still have 3 drop pods, a squad of bloodclaws and a another grey wolf squad to go. There's also one of those metal Bijorn dreadnaughts kicking around although he looks pretty small by today's standards.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020