home

Author Topic: wargames Foundry reniessance Knight size  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Uldakamedes

• Members
wargames Foundry reniessance Knight size
« on: March 14, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »
Hey folks was wondering if anyone could help me out with this if you own some war games foundry renieasance Knights. I wanted to know how they were size wise next to GW free guild units like are GW units bigger then the knights standing next to them. :biggriin:

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
Re: wargames Foundry reniessance Knight size
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:57:27 PM »
Here is a thread dedicated to comparisons: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=6724.0
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 06:59:34 PM »
Sadly, lots of dead photos in that thread.

I've only got one Foundry renaissance commander, so strictly speaking not a knight. The figure is smaller than modern GW plastic Freeguild, and significantly smaller than the over-sized GW Empire Knights of the recent past.

I'd say the size difference doesn't matter too much. For example, you could mount the Foundry figure on a GW horse, and it would still look OK. But I'd also say that you might not want to put the Foundry figure amidst GW figures in the same unit. The size difference is precisely on that level where some say it's OK, but some others (me included) say it's too much.

Sorry, no photos.

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:28:43 PM »
Page 3 of the thread - White Knight has some mounted figures pictured including a Foundry knight, and a comment about the horses  :engel:

Also I have 'repaired' a few of the pics throughout that thread.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 08:45:05 PM by Midaski »
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Uldakamedes

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 09:57:55 PM »
Thanks for the help folks, I don't own any of the GW Knights so I'm not too worried about them together I was more concerned how WGF horses looked next to regular GW foot units. I was looking for a good substitute for knights.

Offline Von Trinkenessen

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2018, 06:39:51 PM »
Check out the Steel fist knights they're slightly bigger and have variant heads and plumes.
https://www.steelfistminiatures.com
GENTLEMAN OF WAR

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 11:01:38 PM »
Has anyone tried to put those Foundry knights on old GW plastic horses? I've have been curious for a long time, if that would work (scale wise). The knights seem to be (only) slightly smaller than the old GW metal knights, so in theory it should not look too bad.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 01:33:01 AM »
Has anyone tried to put those Foundry knights on old GW plastic horses? I've have been curious for a long time, if that would work (scale wise). The knights seem to be (only) slightly smaller than the old GW metal knights, so in theory it should not look too bad.

I'll see if I can dig them out and try that, if I still have any unpaimted plastic GW horses left.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:28:54 AM »
The only one I could find is unassembled, so you will have to use your imagination a bit. As far as the fit, this one seates perfectly on the GW horse.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 03:22:53 PM »
Thank you 023!

I have seen the other comparison pictures before, but seeing the knight on the actual horse is much better ofcourse. I think that means that I have to get some of those foundry knights at some point. The only problem is, that they don't sell them seperately ... £4 per model is quite expensive, if you don't need the horse. Anyone in need of those?  :wink:

Try these. Foundry horses are small next to the GW hotses.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/minicomps/cavcomp4.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a195/ZeroTwentythree/minicomps/cavcomp3.jpg

By the way: If anyone is interested: the Front Rank mounted knights also fit very well on the old GW horses.