home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 70964 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« on: April 04, 2018, 12:23:49 PM »
We haven't had one of these threads in awhile.  It's time to get one started for 2018! :icon_biggrin:

Here's how it works ...

Each month, anyone who is interested in the challenge, puts up what their painting or scenery goal is for the month or both, whatever a person wants to aim to complete by the end of the month.  The goals get tallied and as a person finishes a goal or more, they report back in here to let us know.  The goals that are completed are bolded, and we keep moving on from one month to the next, ideally with new goals each month.

Pictures are not a necessity, although welcome, and instead just self-accountability through sharing the journey with others.  Sometimes folks sit out a month or two if life gets too crazy, but we keep coming back and creating and making the effort to complete things that help make the hobby so enjoyable.  Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't, attempting to not over commit, and we hang together in accomplishing much that we might not otherwise get done over the current year.

- - -

So for let the month of April begin!

I'm going to focus on scenery for 2 6'x4' tables which I detail out as I go, finishing touches on 6 mounted crossbowmen (left over from the W-E Tilean campaign), and 10 WW1 French soldiers.

- - -

Start of Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French

Completed goals are bolded.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 12:38:49 PM »
Love this GP!
A little ambitious but this is what I would like.
My goal this month is to rework my ork army for that dreaded AoS environment. My goals were and are
warboss on wyvern
Warchanter
Warboss on a boar
Great shaman on boar
20 pigstikkers
30 arrer boys
30 orcs with double choppas
20 orcs with double choppas
rock lobber
20 ardboys
2 boar chariots
5 warboars
5 warboars
5 warboars

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 01:08:56 PM »
Artobans seems to have a head start! :eusa_clap:

Updating Start of Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 06:00:59 PM »
I just love such things!  :smile2:

For me it is to finish painting crossbowmen (40), pikemen (40), cavalry (6 demigryph riders) and artillery (2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns) for my Secessionist army! That is quite a challenge!  :biggriin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 06:11:13 PM »
3 folks on board for April so far!

Updating Start of Tally for April Goals
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns

Offline The Penguin

• Members
  • Empire Secessionist
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
And two steam tanks, please!  :blush:
That should be fun!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 12:35:18 AM »
Rock lobber crew and warchanter. Should have listened to the body and had some rest 😸

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 02:11:33 AM »
As mentioned in my plog, April is traditionally my own "Big April" challenge. This year I would like to finish one giant left half painted from last year, plus two new ones, and the ogre I finally tracked down.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 03:17:04 AM »
The past 2 months all warhammer has been packed away, as my wife needs support getting back Into the workplace after maternity leave. Over christmas I achieved a lot of assembly and gluing though.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 03:23:42 AM »
The past 2 months all warhammer has been packed away, as my wife needs support getting back Into the workplace after maternity leave. Over christmas I achieved a lot of assembly and gluing though.

So perhaps Warlord are you up for some sort of modest challenge similar to myself then?

Oh and that goal to break a many month funk:

SOF
Do something wargaming hobby related
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 01:37:13 PM »
Updating ...

Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks
023 ... finish 1 giant left half painted, 2 new giants, 1 ogre.
Warlord ... ?
SOF ... do something wargaming hobby related

Offline Silvero

• Members
  • Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 02:54:04 PM »
I might join in, if you guys don't mind, but it is gonna be mostly models for commission  :icon_biggrin:

1) Paint 8 players for Guildball - basecoat and bases done
2) Finish Terrorgheist  - halfway thru
3) Ludwig Schwarzhelm (8th and older ed.), Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, Luminark/Hurricanum - basic layers
4) Ariel - basic layers
5) 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs - basic layers
6) 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks - halfway thru
7) 6 Space Wolf Inceptors - halfway thru
8) Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain and Apothecary - basecoat

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »
Right I’ve got to get started again – I lost my momentum with the PhotoBucket debacle although I have done a few 40K things since.

1) First of all I’ve got to get a replacement for the ‘Bucket –

Imgur -  their terms suggest that they shouldn’t be used for third party hosting  “ don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do –we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.”

Flickr – is owned by Yahoo – they shut down one of my websites without warning – so I don’t really trust them.

2) Local GW has a painting comp this month with the keyword ‘Aelf’ – thinking about entering.

3) See what’s required to continue with City Watch.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 04:44:38 PM »
Yay!!!! The return of JAK
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 05:54:03 PM »
Full Support for these threads, even when you have not done something is nice to see what others have.

My goal for this month is to build and fix
1) Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 08:03:05 PM »
Jak ... thanks for the info on the photo hosting sites! :::cheers:::

Weekend #1 for April is almost here ...

Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys, 2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks
Warlord ... ?
Silvero ... 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Realjuan ... Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2018, 09:18:18 PM »
GamesPoet, glad to see you reviving this forum. Awesome!

My goal for this month is building up twenty Reiksguard and painting some pikemen...and besides this wholesome Empire I also want to do an Iron Daemon. We'll see how it goes.

Reiksgard mid-assembly. Sash sculpting is next. clumsy fingers and delicate green stuff. what could possibly go wrong.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2018, 09:23:32 PM »
Right I’ve got to get started again – I lost my momentum with the PhotoBucket debacle although I have done a few 40K things since.

1) First of all I’ve got to get a replacement for the ‘Bucket –

Imgur -  their terms suggest that they shouldn’t be used for third party hosting  “ don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do –we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.”

Flickr – is owned by Yahoo – they shut down one of my websites without warning – so I don’t really trust them.
somebody read terms of an agreement? that's unbelievable!

I think you can get away with a bit of hosting. At least I have over the last few years. In the big scheme of things, a warhammer forum doesn't have that much traffic so it probably flies under the imgur radar. Would be curious if you can find a better solution though.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 10:18:19 PM »
Warboss on a boar, and a great shaman on a boar plus a group shot of the command squad. Feels weird not having grimgorn but he’s been secunded to lead the ardboys.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »
Took me a bit to look over my stuff and see what I should aim for this month. I love these challenge threads and props to GP for getting it rolling.

Gankom's goals;
- Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box.
- Finish Death Watch Squad 1
- Start Watch Commander Atriedes
- Start work on the White Dwarf Models
- Paint up a runesmith
- Take more pictures and update painting plogs more
- Take some pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 08:42:02 AM »
Getting quite a good bit of initial participation here, thanks gentlemen! :icon_biggrin: :icon_cool: :::cheers:::

The weekend is here, time ot get crankin" ...

Warlord ... ?
Silvero ... 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Realjuan ... Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.
Naitsabes ... building 20 Reiksguard, painting some pikemen, an Iron Daemon.
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2018, 03:35:07 PM »
With the first weekend of April in full swing, I got out the 10 28mm WW1 French to clean and glue, but didn't have my magnifying lamp with me at the new lady friends house this morning.  Couldn't for the life of me really see the figures as I'd prefer so stopped.  Will need to try again later to day, getting old sucks.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 09:28:41 PM »
In looking for my foam cutter to make scenery for the two 4'x6' boards I'm doing for a Napoleonic campaign in Spain, I found a set of metal Empire metal command!  These could be good for Empire obviously, but look great for historical landskneckts too!  Happy me. :icon_biggrin:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
And I just found two artillery limbers with a pair of draft horses and a pair of mules. :icon_cool:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2018, 09:36:27 PM »
Finding treasures buried are so rewarding. Somehow it makes you feel like your ahead of the battle for a change 😺
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020