home

Author Topic: The Blooded Horn: Empire army project for Age of Sigmar  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Thebloodedhorn

• Members
The Blooded Horn: Empire army project for Age of Sigmar
« on: February 21, 2017, 02:37:57 AM »
Hey guys

New to posting here, but have lurked for ideas many times. Time to pay it forward.

Building an army for the first masters tourney in Western Aus, scheduled for September this year.

Just looking for advice and critique, as well as any ideas you guys can offer.

The fluff for the army is that it is an ostland division, with the symbol of a bull skull with a single, blood covered horn. The main theme
for the paint job and conversion work is to capture the effect of realmgate war. I like the idea of the empire clinging to its culture amidst
the turmoil of what is essentially a post apocalyptic setting.

My general on foot with banner:

warrior priest scultping stages and final paint:

greatsword captain and unit:

More coming soon, guys. Ill likely update my instagram more often, and drop a bunch of images here when i've compiled them. So if youre interested its @thebloodedhorn

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
Re: The Blooded Horn: Empire army project for Age of Sigmar
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:35 AM »
Oh wow, that's really nice work.

I don't think I can give any painting or modelling advice, you're already better than I am.

However, you might find more if you post a thread in the Brush and Palette section of the forum, rather than in the Age of Sigmar section.

http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,52015.0.html

The AoS section is more for discussion of AoS fluff and rules, Brush and Palette  (B&P) is for painting and pics, for both AoS and the old WFB, and whatever people are working on these days.

As for fluff, the old Ostland doesn't really exist in the Mortal Realms, but as they've hinted at regarding the Free Peoples, there are fragments of the world that was that have survived that the people find, old books describing bits of the Empire, and so on, and thus the armies for the Freeguilds organise and fight in similar ways, and they could also carry over the uniforms and styles.  I think as the story of the AoS universe evolves though, the Free People will probably start to emulate they style of The Stormcast Eternal's as they embody the might of Sigmar.    You can see that somewhat on the Excelsior Warpriest that came with Warhammer Quest Silver Tower.

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
Re: The Blooded Horn: Empire army project for Age of Sigmar
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:35:48 PM »
Wow that is some awesome work there on the conversions but also paintjob!

And as Oxy said about the B&P and here
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989