home

Author Topic: "Stupid" Warmachine  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Auberoun

• Members
  • Moguling the crap out of life.
"Stupid" Warmachine
« on: April 24, 2010, 06:13:48 AM »
So, I needed a bit of a "vent" so to speak.  I have been away from Warmachine for a while now, and my friend who plays regularly has "sucked" me back in.  (Granted there was not much arm-twisting going on.)   I was so close to finishing 2K of Empire (Built anyways.) and now, I am on a Cygnar kick, completely distracted from my Empire army.  (I didn't have much time to hobby before, now I have two games to worry about.)  So, I would like to work on Empire, but lack the motivation lately, and I defintely want to work on my Cygnar force now, but, not until my Empire is done...so to rectify the situation, I had thought about giving my friend all my Warmachine stuff to hang on to until I finish my empire army.  But, I am afraid that if I do that, I will lose all interest in Warmachine again....

thoughts?
The world you believe is reality is a puppet show!

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Re: "Stupid" Warmachine
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 09:49:00 AM »
Get a girlfriend.  :smile2:

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 10:14:36 AM »
Get a girlfriend.  :smile2:

Actually I have a wife and 4 year old son, which is why I don't have a whole lot of time to devote to either system.
And I need something to take my mind off of her shenanigans... :biggriin:

Offline Shadowlord

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 11:01:45 AM »
Isn't Warmachine that game that makes me cringe?
My hood is my castle...

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 11:34:30 AM »
Just send anything you don't want to me, I'll keep it safe.  :engel:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Von Kurst

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »
I too cringe at Warmachine so I find it a bit difficult to sympathize even though I have been considering which armies to drop from my Warhammer addiction.
I have been cut off from the game itself by the demands of staying solvent but I have 7 armies crying for attention.  Which to sell and which to downsize?
I do recommend dropping one system or the other.  I find nothing interesting in Warmachine so...
I figure I will try to unload the skaven, Brets, the Beastmen and the Tomb Kings.  VC are also on the chopping block.  I can get by on Empire and Orcs.
Oh and those pesky dwarfs...I've sold them off twice now.
“Why is the rum always gone?” -Captain Jack Sparrow
"It is, it is a glorious thing To be a Pirate King."
 -Gilbert, Sir W(illiam) S(chwenck)

Offline Calibretto

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 03:13:06 PM »
I too have both Cygnar and Empire. I just make myself paint x amount of Empire, then switch and paint x amount of Cygnar. It lets me scratch both itches without driving myself crazy. Also, if im not painting it, it goes into the drawers where i cant see it and it cant tempt me. Though it does amuse me to see the bashing that goes on from both sides, different strokes for different folks  :happy:

Offline MrDWhitey

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 03:20:23 PM »
I used to be heavily into Warmachine. I tried it again recently with my Cygnar, and it didn't even interest me.  :-(

I blame it on that I was using Cygnar, and not Khador/Manliness.
I thought he should act responsibly and just kill himself.

Offline Auberoun

• Members
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:33 AM »
I too have both Cygnar and Empire. I just make myself paint x amount of Empire, then switch and paint x amount of Cygnar. It lets me scratch both itches without driving myself crazy. Also, if im not painting it, it goes into the drawers where i cant see it and it cant tempt me. Though it does amuse me to see the bashing that goes on from both sides, different strokes for different folks  :happy:

That is a good idea...one I am going to steal...thanks  :happy:

I used to be heavily into Warmachine. I tried it again recently with my Cygnar, and it didn't even interest me.  :-(

I blame it on that I was using Cygnar, and not Khador/Manliness.

Ya, there were a couple of reasons that I got out of it for awhile... 1.) Khador kept thrashing me.  2.) the system was constantly updating.  I mean WH has updates every few years, but for the most part, when a new army book comes out, it does not change the basic rules, where as WM the new expansions always add another level.  While I am sure it is good for sales, and exciting gaming, we all can't afford all the new stuff to be able to be competitive in WM.
But I do like the minis...they are awesome.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 09:10:46 AM by Auberoun »

Offline Calibretto

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
Glad I could help  :-D

Offline Justnorth

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:28:28 PM »
War Machine rocks.
It's quick and it's vicious and the miniatures are awesome.
Sci-Fi as it should be.
GW can pucker their skanky lips and suck my arse.

He's French. Since when do his plans have to be feasible?