home

Author Topic: Online rules?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Greg17

• Members
Online rules?
« on: September 08, 2015, 03:06:19 AM »
So I finally got the time to see a game for AoS tonight, and it appears the rules are all online.  Question is, do I have to get the rules only on my phone or can I view the rules on my home computer?  As I was looking around the GW site and I only could find the way to send it to my mobile phone.   I would like to have one on my desktop because it is much easier to read.   Is that possible or is it on my phone only? 

Thanks in advance for the help. 

-- Greg

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Online rules?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 03:12:21 AM »
I have W:AoS on my computer as an adobe file, and it was downloaded from GW.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:23:21 AM »
AoS The App is not the only way to get the rules or the warscrolls. You can go the GW's website and download anything you want. Check this pic to see what filters you have to check to get your rules and warscrolls.

Besides, you can go to any model that you want to buy, and download its particular warscroll (although in this particular case you would download all high elves compendium...): see on the right bottom that "Click here for your free PDF download"?

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 03:34:52 PM »
great sum up Champildhir! Only thing I have to add is that for the second part that only the new models have their individual scrolls, all others link to the compendium of their races
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Greg17

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 03:39:03 PM »
Found, it thanks.  I spent a lot of time looking to a "rules tab" and did not even think to look in the product areas with the rules being "sold" for $0.    :lol:

-- Greg

Offline Champildhir

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/juan.pascualanaya
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 11:22:09 PM »
great sum up Champildhir! Only thing I have to add is that for the second part that only the new models have their individual scrolls, all others link to the compendium of their races

Thank you! And yes, you are right. That actually led me to be sure that all Old World models will not be produced anymore (and thus individual units will not include the individual warscrolls - otherwise they would be there separately, I guess?-)

Found, it thanks.  I spent a lot of time looking to a "rules tab" and did not even think to look in the product areas with the rules being "sold" for $0.    :lol:

Yep, sad to say, but GW's website is 99% an on-line store, nothing more. It is not intuitive at all but for buying... I still remember the old web, with all the articles about the hobby, background and so on... I still have some copies of them, and if it wasn't for the copyright, I would upload some of them. Maybe I start a thread with some pics, though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:24:26 PM by Champildhir »

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »

-- Greg

I haven't checked, but maybe the Sylvaneth and other repackaged stuff have their own warscrolls?

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »
Ok, have checked and Dryads have an individual Warscroll, rather than get redirected to the Wood Elves Warscroll compendium

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit