home

Author Topic: Other Manufacturers  (Read 680035 times)

Offline Pro Gloria Miniatures

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Gloria-Miniatures/295957277188332
Re: Other Manufacturers
« Reply #2475 on: September 25, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
Time for an update again  :smile2: This time the first miniature of the command frame (total of two with many options for musicians, banners and a great variation of heads including helmets, hats and bare heads).

Stephan

Offline DariusZero

• Members
  • I'm a non native speaker from Mars and I bite.
« Reply #2476 on: September 25, 2014, 06:55:11 PM »
Excellent  :eusa_clap: Now make a unit of ten full plate knights on foot, just like this one and you have a bestseller.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."
MyEmpireBlog: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=33477.0

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2477 on: September 25, 2014, 07:58:47 PM »
Excellent  :eusa_clap: Now make a unit of ten full plate knights on foot, just like this one and you have a bestseller.

Well, the Perry Brothers just did that, and the box has 38 figures in it:

@Stephan - the command guy looks great!  Is that the 10th body, or is there another landsknecht body we have not yet seen?
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Paint Log: link  Blog: My Life in Millimetres

• Members
« Reply #2478 on: September 25, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
10th Landsknecht will follow soon :) You haven't seen him yet.

Stephan

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2479 on: September 25, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
Well, the Perry Brothers just did that, and the box has 38 figures in it:

Yes, yes, I know, I was following their development, but alas they are more 25mm than 28mm, so not really so usefull, if you want to mix them with GW figs. On the other hand Pro gloria figs are very close to GW figs.
One of the big wigs... once told them "If a household doesn't have an income of $70,000, we don't consider them a GW target customer."

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #2480 on: September 25, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »
Really looking forward to order the overall set as I think they will really help with my Halberdier Hordes as I really dislike the GW ones.

Offline thorimm

• Members
« Reply #2481 on: September 27, 2014, 11:43:45 AM »
Another great miniature. Really looking forward to these.  :biggriin:
Will there be extra feathers, pouches and small weapons?

Offline White Knight

• Members
« Reply #2482 on: September 27, 2014, 11:54:10 AM »

Not wanting to derail from Pro Gloria's awesome project, but I should have those covered (in metal at least) in the near future:

Now, with all the excitement about the Perry plastic knights on foot, I assume interest for these will be more limited, but I'm still getting on with the human footknights for my project, which will be somewhat closer to the correct bulk and timeperiod than the Perry's and good old classic metal.

Mick Darpa has finished the first of the body dollies, helmet blanks and weapons. The idea is to have the dollies and bits moulded and then have various different knightly orders and command sets sculpted on them. I will probably also make the body dollies available as such, for converters who want to use plastic arms and heads on them.

These are the first three. There will be more body variants (6 in all) and for those concerned about the first body not having fully armoured legs, there will be a fully armoured variant converted after moulding.

The helmets are just blanks at this point. After moulding, these will be decorated with various feathers, plumes and icons to reflect different knightly orders. The first knightly orders will likely reflect the ones I created for my Dwarf knights ("vanilla" Imperial knights, White Boar, Great Bear, Raven & skulls) though others may appear.

These are some of the weapons that will get used in the various sets. Where possible, I will try to make the weapon hand a separate part, so you can mix and match and aren't restricted to specific weapon options for specific knightly orders.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2483 on: September 27, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »

Not wanting to derail from Pro Gloria's awesome project, but I should have those covered (in metal at least) in the near future:

No worries; I for one intend to buy from both of you.   :happy:

• Members
« Reply #2484 on: September 27, 2014, 07:48:20 PM »
@Sebastian: they look great! Do remind me of the Mordheim Capt'n.  :unsure:

@thorimm: yes, extra feathers, pouches, swords and other useful stuff.

Stephan

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2485 on: September 28, 2014, 10:03:10 AM »

And I'm looking forward to it, for these kind of figs I prefer metal anyway.  :::cheers:::

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2486 on: October 01, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
New Hasslefree mini - could easily be converted to a witchhunter.

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2487 on: October 05, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
Quote from: Pro Gloria Miniatures
As the Crowdfunding-Campaign comes nearer and nearer, I wanted to show you one of the pledge-miniatures. This time sculpted by the very talented Paul Hicks.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #2488 on: October 05, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
They're gorgeous. I love them, and will very likely try to get a hold of some.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2489 on: October 05, 2014, 05:11:43 PM »
Looks great, I would love to get some firmer dates for when we can expect the crowdfunding.  Just for proper hobby-fund allocation.
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. - J.H.

Offline DariusZero

• Members
« Reply #2490 on: October 05, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
They are looking great. This kickstarter will be success, I'm sure.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2491 on: October 05, 2014, 08:08:14 PM »
New Perry stuff on the workbench:

Light Cavalry:

and for later this year ...........

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #2492 on: October 05, 2014, 08:10:07 PM »

This might also be interesting as it has details of the helmets in the foot knights set I think:

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2493 on: October 06, 2014, 12:39:55 AM »
Man, they Perrys are coming out with some really great stuff.  Those men at arms look great!  :eusa_clap:

Offline Cal1989

• Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/Cal1989
« Reply #2494 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »
The great thing about this is I can now seperate my big jumbled unit of metal perry men at arms from the agincourt and the war of the roses ranges into two separate units with the correct period armour. The joys of painting another 72 Greatswords for the sake of historical accuracy!
'The extent of a Man's wisdom and goodness will bring him fame, and even death will not extinguish his memory nor his glory, beauty or youth or whatever else'. - Giles of Paris

Offline Victor

• Members
  • ✠ Sol Invictus ✠
« Reply #2495 on: October 08, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

Offline Timbor

• Members
« Reply #2496 on: October 08, 2014, 06:19:20 PM »
WOOOOOOOO!  :happy:

Offline Darknight

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Dipped in Magic, Clothed in Science
« Reply #2497 on: October 15, 2014, 01:56:18 AM »
I'm liking those men at arms - those would make good variant greatswords or halberdiers.
Completed Projects | History of Ophelia VII

Quote from: PhillyT
Everyone finds their balance between satisfaction and obsession.

Offline Ursa Doom

• Members
  • From northern Sweden
« Reply #2498 on: October 15, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
I do wonder how long it will take for Pro-Gloria to be shipping the plastic units after the kickstarter?

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #2499 on: October 15, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »
@ProGloria: Could you give us an update when your shop is online again. Looking forward to your indiegogo
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau