home

Author Topic: Pirate Ork Stompa Head  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Karak Norn Clansman

• Members
Pirate Ork Stompa Head
« on: December 13, 2018, 05:38:54 PM »
A friend of mine, who is known as Deviatecod online, have a neighbour and friend who is into Warhammer 40'000. Recently, this 40k collector and another mate of his got the idea to have his Ork Stompa turned into a Freebooter Pirate Stompa. Consequently, Deviatecod cooked up a lot of detail ideas for this concept and got in contact with me. The ideas were really fun, so I accepted the commission even if the fee stretched out on work hours was something like €1 per hour. Most of the Stompa head ideas are his, although I came up with the pipe, the ear ring, the headcloth and the feather (a stylized Imperial Aquila statue wing broken off for looted duty). The eyepatch of ammunition bands and a Terminator sole was a joint idea. This was fun, though the detail level is lacking (e.g. no rivets in sight) since it was a rushjob. The beard will have to be bowed into place by the client.

Yarr!

Offline Castozor

• Members
Re: Pirate Ork Stompa Head
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 09:10:44 PM »
Amazing work clansman! Pipe looks a bit big to me but with Orkz it might just work. Will we be getting pics of the finished Stompa as well? Interested to see how it turns out.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 10:01:38 PM »
I'm very interested to see how it looks once its all painted up. Just amazed at some of the things people can build.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:52:19 AM »
Great job. Two thumbs up :eusa_clap:

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 10:18:16 AM »
Thank you kindly, folks! Much appreciated. I'll sure want to have pictures when it's all painted up, and will share of course. :)

My friend Deviatecod, who acts as a middle man and planned most of the details as a surprise for the client, had some objections, so I changed things around a bit and added more details, including Ork glyphs and more beard cables. It should now be finished.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 03:04:14 PM »
Amazing amount of work gone into this - but I find it looks confusing - I am having great trouble seeing the scale and concept against 'normal' Orks  :icon_question:

Any chance of a scale photo?

Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
I'm curious if that armature sort of thing off the side of the stompa head is holding some sort of a steaming coffee mug or what?
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2018, 08:35:34 PM »
@GamesPoet: I have no idea! It's up to one's imagination. It could be some sort of generator or engine (lootedarcheotech? genius Mekboy invention?) that runs extremely hot and is kept at arm's length from all other machinery in the Stompa by that pipe rig. Or it could be just a smoke stack. Or a smoke screen generator. Or a furnace. Or something else entirely. :)

@Midaski: Thank you very much!

Here is a scale shot with an ordinary Count Orkula: