home

Author Topic: Chumley Warner's Empire. 3D printing  (Read 1801659 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Albion Truthsayer
« Reply #7225 on: September 18, 2015, 08:02:27 AM »
Guys and Gals,

O & G query.

If I take a Goblin Warboss Lord and stick him on a Chariot, then take the Armour Of Gork special item, would I get the D6 impact hits this magic item grants the bearer when the chariot makes a charge , as well as it's usual impact hits?
Perhaps only on Tuesdays. :icon_wink:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7226 on: September 18, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »
Chumley look at GW website , CHumley still very very annoyed,

all Chumley can see is horrible Space Marines with Angelic garb , and moronic poses ,

i honestly think GW is going the same way that the world is right now,

teetering on global refugee crisis, financial crash and possible world war !
I say they need ot bring back the Dogs of War and unleash them!  Now!

I am proud to say i ahve not spent £1 on AOS,

and in fact it has strengthened my 8th edition resolve.

We played 3.5K O&G vs Chaos , and my Gobbos won ,

I ahve now purchased 4 more Chariots , metal 1980's and 20 metal black orcs !!

HA!!

Stick that up your Age of Bummar
I hear ya.  I'm still going to give the rules a go, but those new fanatsy space marines are total crud, aesthetic wise and cost wise, total crud.  Oh, did I say that twice?  Here, one more time, total crud.  Can't I get away with saying that here?  Hope so.  Oh heck, one more time, total crud.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
« Reply #7227 on: September 18, 2015, 11:42:52 AM »
I cannot tell you how tragically wrong GW have made this!

I can't look on their website now.

I can only liken it to when I was 18 and my girlfriend of 6 months started f'ing another guy,

I was in love , she was amazing, then she destroyed me,

lol

Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #7228 on: September 18, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »
This time, GW is f***ing you.

• Members
« Reply #7229 on: September 18, 2015, 11:55:51 AM »
I thought the initial sig marine thing would give way to some more human Empire like releases,

but instead they have indulged into a fanciful Angellic buffet , creating what I can only describe as abominations !!! :eusa_wall:
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7230 on: September 18, 2015, 12:17:48 PM »
from a product stance it would be suicide for GW not to try to appease the folks who love the empire the way it was. They need to allow models from that period to be able to become part of their new direction ( I guess you can through the warscrolls or whatever) but support the line through some newer stuff with the older feel to it. Seriously I never thought I would hate a line of GW games as I do with the AoS
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #7231 on: September 18, 2015, 01:14:19 PM »
Not to turn this into a debate but you have to consider that everyone but the stormcast have a fully fleshed out army, I'm pretty sure that once the stormcasts are balanced out, army-wise, GW will move on to models more in line with the old guard's tastes.
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7232 on: September 18, 2015, 02:30:43 PM »
Not to turn this into a debate but you have to consider that everyone but the stormcast have a fully fleshed out army, I'm pretty sure that once the stormcasts are balanced out, army-wise, GW will move on to models more in line with the old guard's tastes.

I think you are right
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #7233 on: September 18, 2015, 04:51:08 PM »
from a product stance it would be suicide for GW not to try to appease the folks who love the empire the way it was. They need to allow models from that period to be able to become part of their new direction ( I guess you can through the warscrolls or whatever) but support the line through some newer stuff with the older feel to it. Seriously I never thought I would hate a line of GW games as I do with the AoS

I'm afraid that it's a lost hope. They'll jam this new style down our throats, even if they won't remove old stuff from the shelfs... at least not for some time. I'm glad that I've managed to secure a boatload of old Empire figurines at the onset of ET.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
« Reply #7234 on: September 18, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
There is another feeling almost the same,

When I watched LOST , every week , waiting for the explanation !

But it never came , they shafted it with some finale which had all the charaacters in a sort of afterlife , basically the whole series had been shafted !!

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7235 on: September 18, 2015, 11:40:47 PM »
In my organizational development class I have to write an exert on a company that has lost its "vison" meaning they have strayed away from it original ( successful) product.... guess what came to mind hahaha
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #7236 on: September 19, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »
Not to mean to turn this to a debate, but ... well, let's turn this into a debate...!

from a product stance it would be suicide for GW not to try to appease the folks who love the empire the way it was.

Problem is, we tend to have the figures we like, and more plastic can be obtained from eBay cheaper than from GW. And from companies producing historical Renaissance and 16th century (ECW) models.

I think basic Empire infantry, cavalry and artillery are so mainstream that GW is facing crushing competition which makes the GW prices and production logic a failure. Some other armies, both mainstream fantasy and things like Skaven might be viable. But I can easily see why it was just the Empire/Sigmar that had to go and become something unrecognizable. Sorry to say...  :icon_neutral:

/debate

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7237 on: September 19, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »
Zygmund:  very good point, however, have the two armies  unified but separate , meaning you can play the Sigmarians and the Empire of man together or two separate army, I know for me I would pay to have new foot troops etc. with the GW design before I would look to another designer of historic etc.   
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

• Members
« Reply #7238 on: September 23, 2015, 08:49:38 PM »
Small update , i have secured 40 Metal Black Orcs , i think they are the 2007 ones, heavy armoured , helmets etc,

It's gonna be a massive project, any comments regarding paint scheme ?

CMON and Google Images have only people who have gone for either metal, brass , gold or red armour ,

I was thinking something crazy , like white armour , or cream , with silver scratching indents, then red skin , LOL

help me before i waste £100 worth of models !!

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7239 on: September 24, 2015, 12:38:27 AM »
This time, GW is f***ing you.
Nope, won't let 'em, not buying their crud.  The Stormcrud dudes look horrible to me, and cost too much.  They can keep 'em, and sell them to other's, not me.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7240 on: September 24, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »
I think you are right
I'm not convinced, nor am I relying on them to do such.

Going to keep working on my Empire figures that I have now, and supplement them with other company's figures eventually as well.  I've already got some Perry Euro Mercs being used as pikemen or spearmen, and plenty of traditional GW Empire figures, and beginning to grow my number fo Bret figures as well. 

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7241 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »
from a product stance it would be suicide for GW not to try to appease the folks who love the empire the way it was.
Problem is, we tend to have the figures we like, and more plastic can be obtained from eBay cheaper than from GW. And from companies producing historical Renaissance and 16th century (ECW) models.

I think basic Empire infantry, cavalry and artillery are so mainstream that GW is facing crushing competition which makes the GW prices and production logic a failure. Some other armies, both mainstream fantasy and things like Skaven might be viable. But I can easily see why it was just the Empire/Sigmar that had to go and become something unrecognizable. Sorry to say...  :icon_neutral:
I'm not convinced it's "suicide", nor am I convinced they couldn't sell more Imperial figures if they made more.  And with the newest reporting of GW's market as 20% gamers, and the rest modelers and collectors, if they made more Empire miniatures there'd be more to model and collect.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7242 on: September 24, 2015, 12:48:35 AM »
Small update , i have secured 40 Metal Black Orcs , i think they are the 2007 ones, heavy armoured , helmets etc,

It's gonna be a massive project, any comments regarding paint scheme ?

CMON and Google Images have only people who have gone for either metal, brass , gold or red armour ,

I was thinking something crazy , like white armour , or cream , with silver scratching indents, then red skin , LOL

help me before i waste £100 worth of models !!
Are ya painting them to sell or keep for yourself :icon_question:

• Members
« Reply #7243 on: September 24, 2015, 05:47:10 AM »
This is for my growing orc army , gaming to keep :)

I am selling some stuff on e bay slowly now, and hope to slim down to 10K pts empire and 10K orc lol

• Members
« Reply #7244 on: October 16, 2015, 08:05:19 PM »
Sheet sorry all , no time recently,

I need to post some pics ,

I have 12 orc spear chukkas done now lol

plus 3 mangller squigs

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #7245 on: October 16, 2015, 11:38:18 PM »
Sheet sorry all , no time recently,

I need to post some pics ,

I have 12 orc spear chukkas done now lol

plus 3 mangller squigs

12 chukkas and 3 MSQ word
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Syphon

• Members
« Reply #7246 on: October 17, 2015, 03:13:42 PM »

I think you are right

And I -hope- he is right.
Now go! Ride towards the sun atop these noble steeds
You're our spandex heroes, now fullfil your destinies
And so we turned and rode beyond the castle walls
with shiny codpiece armour that doth cradle our chivalrous balls

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Mangler Mayhem !
« Reply #7247 on: October 17, 2015, 03:42:00 PM »

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #7248 on: October 17, 2015, 03:50:19 PM »

I think you are right

And I -hope- he is right.

Yes that would be nice, but they have dropped so many races/games/concepts etcetera that were, what I considered excellent in favor of ever decreasing quality/variety/uniqueness of character, without ever looking back. I do not expect that we will ever see the like again.  I n particular what happened to gorka morka, necromunda, talisman, the squats, the pygmies, the slann, the fimir, the orientals, the Norse (yes we had vikings as a human race in the early editions), and so many other races and games?  all without ever a single hint of ever going back, there were even at one time gnomes and half orcs in the game, not just in RPG but in the rules for the game.  Regiments of reknown, dogs of war, both excellent concepts that created more unique units all gone.  I think that we have passed the golden age of GW, nothing in the future will measure up to what has been. I would really like to have to eat my words/gobble humble pie, and the such like, but sadly I do not think that it will happen.   steveb
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:27:27 PM by Midaski »

• Members
Re: Chumley Warner's Empire. Mangler Mayhem !
« Reply #7249 on: October 17, 2015, 06:03:39 PM »
shock announcement,

lol

I like the look of the AOS chaos marauder type guys for an 8th edition unit,

I could get 20 and square base them up

whats the scale like?