home

Author Topic: Additional Mordheim-era fluff sources?  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Yodhrin

• Members
Additional Mordheim-era fluff sources?
« on: April 10, 2016, 05:27:56 PM »
I'm just wondering if there are any beyond the Mordheim book itself and a few snippets in the various Empire army books - note, not fluff sources specifically about Mordheim, but rather any fluff that falls circa 1999IC during the Age of Three Emperors. EDIT: Regarding the Empire I mean.

I figure if I'm going to retreat from AoS into GW's decent games like Mordheim I might as well set all my future 'hammering of all scales in that same era so I can have models and characters cross over from one system to another, plus it's a nice long, long way off from the whole End Times debacle so I don't need to write fluff with that looming over me; but info seems surprisingly scant - I'm still shocked BL didn't seem to commission a single novel to tie in with Mordheim nor did any of the Fantasy writers pitch one(at least not successfully).

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
Re: Additional Mordheim-era fluff sources?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »
http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php/topic,37698.0.html

There were several W-E campaigns written based inside this period. Rufus wrote a somewhat comprehensive guide in the link above. That said, alot of it is unofficial as it was influenced by the events!
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 07:52:22 PM »
There was a Mordheim annual, and Empire in Flames supplements for Mordheim,   plus all the Town Cryer magazines.   There also used to be GW comics,   Inferno was one of them.  They had short stories, and comic stories.   Ulli and Marquand.   Across those, if you can find them, there may be snippets of info for the Empire at that time,   though my memory of it was that it wasn't much different to the Karl-Franz era

Sent from my thingamajig via wadyamacallit

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 08:19:32 PM »
I'm just wondering if there are any beyond the Mordheim book itself and a few snippets in the various Empire army books - note, not fluff sources specifically about Mordheim, but rather any fluff that falls circa 1999IC during the Age of Three Emperors. EDIT: Regarding the Empire I mean.

I figure if I'm going to retreat from AoS into GW's decent games like Mordheim I might as well set all my future 'hammering of all scales in that same era so I can have models and characters cross over from one system to another, plus it's a nice long, long way off from the whole End Times debacle so I don't need to write fluff with that looming over me; but info seems surprisingly scant - I'm still shocked BL didn't seem to commission a single novel to tie in with Mordheim nor did any of the Fantasy writers pitch one(at least not successfully).

Runefang is set in 20th century Solland/Wissenland and the first of the Vampire series books touches one the start of Vlad's Wars, but aside from that there is little other Black Library works on the subject off the top of my head. The Gav Thorpe Claws of Chaos series is set in 18th century Ostermark but that is a bit early.

Such a setting would be rather light on the black powder weapons as they were only just entering into Imperial service at the time.
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan