home

Author Topic: Does Bugman and his Rangers count as 1 Warscroll?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
Does Bugman and his Rangers count as 1 Warscroll?
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:57:11 PM »
The question I have about Bugman is that the Rangers don't have a warscroll of their own. They use the warscroll of the quarrelers. When you deploy Bugman you can set him aside and say you will be launching an ambush later and when you deploy Bugman you deploy him with his Rangers. So does Bugman and his Rangers count as one warscroll?

Offline Discoking

• Members
Re: Does Bugman and his Rangers count as 1 Warscroll?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:10:18 PM »
I would think they would count as 2 warscrolls,1 for Bugman and one for his rangers.

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:20 PM »
That is the wrong question. In AoS, it does not matter, if they do or not. If you play a comped version, however, the question to ask is: "Should they count as one warscroll or not."
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
It's just odd since you can't deploy the Rangers without Bugman.

Offline SoonerSox

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 07:41:26 PM »
I'm specifically asking because a league I am in is using the number of warscrolls as a balancing mechanic (not a good one I know).

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 07:47:29 PM »
As I was trying to point out: you will not find a clear answer in the official rules, because the question there is irrelevant. In a version comped for balance, I should think that most people would agree they should count as two warscrolls.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline Alexis

• Members
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 08:35:48 PM »
It's like an unlock right? You take Bugman and you can then take the other unit? So naturally, using common sense, that's 2, with the latter only becoming an actively selectable warscroll when you take the former. Of course, I don't think it actually officially states that, but that is what I would do.  :::cheers:::
"Dressing a bear in fine silks does not make it civilised, though in the city of Kislev it could pass at court."

Offline Discoking

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 09:11:35 PM »
having just read his rules I think it's 2 warscrolls whichever way you look at it.By taking him you get the option of taking another unit to use as his rangers.