home

Author Topic: Empire Vs. HE 2500  (Read 1504 times)

Offline chinaryan

• Members
Empire Vs. HE 2500
« on: December 14, 2010, 05:50:39 PM »
The armies can be found on this picture of the initial set up.
I don't remember all the items that he had, but his noble and BSB had ward saves.

My Lords and Heroes
Arch Lector on War Alter with Mace
Lvl 4 Life Wizard with the Rod and 4+ Ward Save
BSB Captain with 4+ ward save
Warrior Priest with AoMI and Hammer of Judgement
Engineer

The Game
Turn One
Empire
I move slightly to position my flagellants and knights to make things difficult for the spears and eagle. My tank moved to be beside the chapel Tank moves up to the chapel. My magic phase sees throne of vines go off as well as dwellers. I kill about 7 Phoenix guard with dwellers. Unfortunately all of my shooting misses and my helstorm misfires even with reroll. It cannot shoot next turn.
High Elves
Everything he has marches accept the bowmen who move to shoot. The eagle on the empire left has to hold back to avoid flaggellants. His magic puts a ward save on his lions and Flames of the Phoenix kills some greatswords but they have magic resistance (2) so it doesn't hurt too badly. Shooting kills a few more Greatswords but nothing big.

Turn Two
Empire
Very little movement on my part. My Knights remain behind my flagellants to maintain two arches so that the eagle cannot get behind me. My flaggies keep the eagle and the spears to their front. My Lector and tank remain basically as are. In my magic phase, regrowth brings some greatswords back to life and I dispel Flames of the Phoenix. I save two dice for dispel in the rod of power. My shooting is more effective with some spears dying to crossbow fire and my cannon killing the eagle on my right. My mortar goes crazy on the spears with a direct hit that kills around 12. 
High Elves
His Phoenix guard's charge on my Tank fails and leaves him semi vulnerable. He tries to fix this by moving his White Lions have a potential flank charge on my Tank if I go after the Guard. His archers move up as do spears. The eagle moves into charge range of the knights. His magic sees a ward save on the Lions He failed to cast with the Archmage and that effectively ended it all. I save two dice for power dice. His shooting kills a few more greatswords.
As for Arnold and Sigmar, please do not forget Ulric I think Chuck Norris is what he goes by now.-Swartzgraf

Offline chinaryan

• Members
Re: Empire Vs. HE 2500
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 10:22:33 PM »
Turn Three
Empire
I charged my Steam Tank and Arch Lector into the front of the Phoenix Guard with 5 D3 for impact hits. Charge with knights and the eagle flees. Flagellants move forward to take on the spears. Greatswords remain. My magic phase irresistables regrowth on the GS and they are back up to 22. My warrior priest and wizard take wounds from the irresistable. I save the extra dice for dispel. Nothing really happens in the shooting phase. My cannon hits but fails to wound the eagle. In combat my charge kills all but 14 of the Phoenix Guard. The archlector takes two wounds and fails to give any back due to a failed re-roll to hit.
High Elves
The White Lions charge the Stank and the spears begin to run away from the flaggellants. The Eagle fails to rally. The magic ward save remains on the White Lions. The lvl 4 mage irresistable force casts Mindrazor, but is pulled into the warp. I thought that the effect of the spell would remain, but he said that it didn't so that is the way we played it. the wizard is gone and about 15 spears are left. His archers take a wound from the cannon. In combat I fail a number of 4+ ward saves with my Stank and my archlector dies.
Turn Four
Empire
My wizard leaves the greatswords to prepare for a charge and the Flagellants turn to begin a move toward the flank of the Phoenix Guard. The Knights turn and move toward the spear elves. The Crossbowmen turn to face the eagle in case it rallies. Flesh to Stone on the greatswords as well as regrowth. The wounds go back on the Stank. (My opponent didn't think that regrowth could go to the Stank...but it didn't really matter so I let it go.) I recast Throne of Vines just to get the extra wound back on the Tank. In shooting, the cannon fails to wound the eagle after hitting a second time and the spears are reduced drastically by the mortar. The tank takes wounds and kills a few Guard due to limited grinding. The Phoenix Guard are down to 9 men.
High Elves
The Spears continue to move away from combat so as to avoid destruction and the eagle flees the table (No doubt to a cannon trained on it.) The Ward save goes off on the White Lions once more and I save dice. The Steam tank is taken down to 6 wounds by the mighty White Lions.
As for Arnold and Sigmar, please do not forget Ulric I think Chuck Norris is what he goes by now.-Swartzgraf

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 09:18:24 AM »
Nice battle so far. Come on then, what happens next?  :wink:
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 10:04:14 AM »
The stank is a beastly beast....tell your opponent that he should have blocked it with eagles and killed the rest of your army (just move an eagle an inch to the front of the stank the stank charges the eagle takes the hit and his 50 points block the stanks 300 for a turn...if he angles the eagle nicely he might even block him for two turns.

Offline chinaryan

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 02:53:58 PM »
Turn Five
Empire
I charge the White Lion flank with my Greatswords and my Flagellants charge the flank of the Phoenix Guard. My knights round the corner of the arcane ruins but it is obvious they won’t make it to the spear elves. My magic makes my greatswords rock hard with T7 due to Throne and Flesh to Stone. Soulflare fails to kill any Lions and regrowth brings my greatswords back up to 24. I blast at the archers with the helstorm but it turns and hits greatswords and white lions. Two of each are turned into pulp. The mortar kills 8 archers but they fail to turn tail and run.
A crazy round of killing takes place in which the Tank takes more wounds from the White Lions strength 6 attacks. The Flagellats martyr (3) and take three wounds from the Guard. The Greatswords are unharmed due to their toughness. The Phoenix Guard is decimated and the White Lions take a number of wounds as well. The stubborn White Lions stay, but the Phoenix Guard fail a re-rolled insane courage with cold-blooded item. They are run down with the general by the crazed maniacal Flagellants.
High Elves
The spears move farther away from the action and the ward save is put on the lions but it costs the wizard both his levels due to an irresistible force roll. Shooting does nothing and in combat some wounds are taken off the tank (down to 4). Some White Lions die from the Greatswords, but without rerolls to hit it is negligible.

Turn Six
Empire
The knights charge the flank of the white lions in the hope that they will add enough wounds to destroy the lingering force. In the magic faze I regrow the tank and forgot about Flesh to Stone…whoops. The Mortar takes the spearelves down to 3, but cannot kill them. Combat sees the White Lions to 9 and the BSB with one would left. The tank receives no wounds.
High Elves
The High elves don’t move, but they do shoot the helstrorm and somehow manage to take the final two wounds off. In combat the BSB dies but the White Lions are not finished off. There are about 5 left.

Results
The Empire lost its general- the Arch Lector- and a Helstorm for a total of 440 pts + losing the general
The High Elves lost a unit of 28ish Phoenix Guard, a Prince (General), 2 Eagles, Lvl 4 Archmage, and a BSB. I don’t know the points, but it was devastating. I also chased down a unit with a standard with my Flagellants