home

Author Topic: Rating?  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
Rating?
« on: July 25, 2007, 10:50:12 AM »
Well could this be? Somehow we are now second place ...at least on the german site? Can someone pinch me or tell me what is going on right now?

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Rating?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:17:41 AM »
Yes, we are 2nd.  I thought it was a mistake myself, but we are in 2nd.  The orcs are up there as well, making a huge jump in a couple of hours.  There's already a cry of conspiracy by some.  No other factions moved around except for us and the orcs and this may or may not be because if we're not rated this way we won't be able to contend for the crown.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:23:34 AM »
Last time there was a big jump/drop it was due to "input error" (what ever that means!), the other times it was due to deleted/reinstated accounts. It could be either/both of these happening again I suppose, but it is quite odd.

Personally, I think it was Da Eye of Mork!  :icon_wink:
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 11:32:43 AM »
Perhaps a large group of cheaters...claiming to have defeated the valiant empire and da brutish orcs have been discovered and put to the sword...

no complaining from my side because i had the feeling we were doing quite well also fluffwise and thought that our low ranking kind of....sucked.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »
Don't seem to have week 4 in the UK yet.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Duke Igthorn

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »
If the results for the Empire (and Orcs) werent pretty good in week #4,we would have almost no chance to get the #1 spot and find the Nemesis Crown. Orcs were in an even worse position. I expect that GW wants a tighter race in the last 2 weeks between the big 3- Empire,Dwarves and Orcs. How else did Orcs jump from #10 to #3 in a few hours when they've been at the bottom all week??
I can't wait to see the new dispatch. Not up yet in the USA.
Handgunners form ranks!
Load the cannons & mortars!
Steamtank full ahead!

• Members
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 03:34:41 PM »
but even if it is a race for the crown competition ....shouldn^t the dwarves be over the empire or orcs? I think they have discovered some cheaters and taken their reports off. But what is strange we are good over all but in the region we all lost ground.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 03:40:40 PM »
That's where the weirdness comes in.  It doesn't make sense for us to drop in the regions but gain overall.

But really, if the Dwarfs were 1st then they may have had the campaign won.  The only way I can see the orcs winning now is if they finish 1st in the last two weeks.  I don't know how the averaging and modifiers work out but it would seem the first three week's would bring the average down a lot.

We've been doing pretty well so far, but a 2nd place finish as opposed to a 5th place finish would make things even tighter considering the Dwarfs haven't been in anything less than 3rd the whole time.

not together.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 03:54:05 PM »
Well they just fixed it.  Everything is as it was, and we're in 4th with the Dwarfs in 2nd.  Must have been a glitch.

not together.

Offline Sergeant36

• Members
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
I noticed that there are several players who have been "reinstated" for some reason.  Check out the leaderboards for the "Eagles of Polsk", this guy got booted (for whatever reason) back in week two and now he's back, with all of his battles back to 6-29.  I wonder why GW has reinstated accounts?

Sergeant36
Commander Dolohev Stonheim III, 1st Reiklanders, Helstrom's 4th.  Recipient of the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation, the Scroll of Ludendorf and the Shield of Sigmar's Wrath.

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 04:04:22 PM »
They were getting a lot of heat for deleting legit accounts so they needed to remedy the situation somehow.

not together.

Offline Duke Igthorn

• Members
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
Almost everyone banned for "cheating" is back. There are still blatant cheaters on the board. A player with 70+ Massacres, 20+ games reported in 1 day. Yeah right.....
Handgunners form ranks!
Load the cannons & mortars!
Steamtank full ahead!

Offline WarbossKurgan

• Members
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 01:53:56 PM »
I think they have changed the way they are dealing with "cheaters" now. Instead of publicly marking them and then deleting their accounts (which caused outcry), they are marking them so only the web-team can see the tag and "discounting" the accounts. The results still show up but they have no effect on the scores.

This is just a theory mind!  :blush:
Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw of the Ironfang Pirate Fleet

• Members
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 01:56:18 PM »
Well so much for the...."we have experience how to deal with cheaters"  :closed-eyes: But hey after all perhaps we get something cool like the Hexstaff :)

Offline embir

• Members
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007, 07:06:34 PM »
Well so much for the...."we have experience how to deal with cheaters"  :closed-eyes: But hey after all perhaps we get something cool like the Hexstaff :)

I would like empire find some good 50pts infantry banner instead of Nemesis Crown :-D
man these ratings go up and down like a bretonian Lady's Chastity belt

• Members
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 07:06:31 AM »
Well we should be careful what we wish for...perhaps we find dadaaaaaaaaa the Hipogriffon Banner doubling our rank bonus but we can't follow the enemy ...for dadaaaaaaaa 50 points. :)

Offline Skyros

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:51 PM »
I'd like the empire to find a way to pack another special choice into a 2k points game :p