home

Author Topic: Just FYI our summer Warhammer League  (Read 451 times)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Just FYI our summer Warhammer League
« on: July 16, 2004, 02:37:18 AM »
Folks, I'm happy to report that Brad and I had a great, strange game tonight that resulted in a draw.  The end result was that it was the championship game of our summer league, and yours truly won the league with a Dwarf army. :oops:

I got lucky and whacked all of Brad's Knights through shooting and a failed panic test.  Brad turned around and whacked my big unit of Warriors with his Helblaster, which in turn was destroyed by my Runesmith, along with a unit of huntsmen (One Runesmith=125 pts + 50 pts, not too shabby huh?).  

His flagellants destroyed my valiant slayers.  My miners killed his mortar and ran off his handgunners.  (another nice point swap of 105 for handgunners and 75 for the mortar).  

My valiant bolt thrower crew and the thunderers took out his pegasus captain.  

I got his IC knight unit with warrior priest, his helblaster, his mortar, his handgunners, and his huntsmen and the Battle Captain on Pegasus.  

He had my big warrior unit, my rune catapult (from a cannon shot), and my slayers.  

When the points tallied I had more but not enough more to prevent the draw.  

It was an excellent game.  On the last two turns, we were so far apart we really couldn't do anything to each other's army!  

I finished the summer league with 3 wins and 2 draws (draws against Brad's Empire and Charles' Orcs), and wins against the Brettonians, Empire, and Vampire Counts.  

Great fun was had by all!

Now If I can resist the urge to play Queen's "Champions".   It was the best I've ever done with my Dwarf army.  Brad came in second with his version of the Vampire Slayers.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"