home

Author Topic: Close Combat Question  (Read 448 times)

Offline Pavane

• Members
  • Army of the Northern Association
Close Combat Question
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:56:50 PM »
I haven't played Warhammer since November, so I'm a little rusty.  A situation came up in my game last night that I would like clarified.  I charged a single rank of Saurus Warriors with my Greatswords to the front and Knights Panther to the flank.  My Wizard Lord was on the corner of the Greatswords adjacent to the Knights Panther.  I issued a challenge with the Wizard Lord, which was accepted by a Saurus Hero positioned at the end of the rank in contact with both the Wizard Lord and the Knights Panther.

Now that the Saurus and Wizard characters are in a challenge, the Knights Panther are no longer in contact with any other Lizardman figures.  May the Knights Panther fight the rank-and-file at all, with or without the challenge?  I believe that the Knights Panther couldn't attack, but this seems very unrealistic.
Pavane,
Toronto

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
Close Combat Question
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 03:09:16 PM »
that is indeed how it works.  They supply CR for standards/numbers/flank/rear as usual, but can not attack, as the only model that they are in contact with is involved in a challenge.