home

Author Topic: How do you bait fast and heavy cavalry?  (Read 437 times)

Offline Thyr

• Members
How do you bait fast and heavy cavalry?
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:36:04 PM »
I have to find a way to bait my opponent fast and heavy cavalry so they come in charge range of my infantry blocks.

I was wondering if a line of 20 handgunners (2 10 men detachment) in front of my infantry blocks could do the trick, if I fire at my opponent heavy cavalry long enougth to do some significant damage maybe they will come to get me. Of course I will flee any charge coming my way and then I will proceed with charging with my own units.. I wanted to try 2 units of archers because they can move and shoot but I'm afraid they won't do enougth damage to stir give a good reason to my opponent to charge me.

That or I thought about putting my 2 vanilla knights units in front of my army and make them advance at a slow pace until they ennemy is in charge range. I would advance a little with my knights, deploy some guns and a hellblaster behind them in the middle of my infantry blocks and wait for him to charge while firing at the same time... If he don't I can always fire away with my cannons and the hellblaster.

What's your cavalry "fishing" strategy?

Offline Gorman

• Members
How do you bait fast and heavy cavalry?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:14:12 PM »
My strategy for heavy cav...put a nice juicy unit that I know can take the charge and survive it in front of the enemy. then hit their flanks with infantry.

Fast cav...put a speed bump in front of them...swarms work, or just shoot them.  Fast cav is lightly armored and usually does not stand up well to shooting.
"The cost of victory is blood, the cost of defeat is everything." -Empire at War