home

Author Topic: Hiking ... and Camping ...  (Read 1203 times)

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Hiking ... and Camping ...
« on: August 05, 2022, 06:23:33 PM »
Anybody into hiking and camping :icon_question:

Got out last week and went for a short hike up in New Hampshire at Mt. Kearsarge.  Took my 80 year old mother with me, and at first she wasn't sure she'd made a good choice, although once to the top, and then back down to the bottom, she enjoyed it.

Here's a google search  of images of the place ... https://www.google.com/search?q=mt+kearsarge&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=zAYw-vOrs9K9hM%252CQJwr1ZGmQHS7mM%252C%252Fm%252F0606z8&usg=AI4_-kT11_1QPls5794fLg9JmMMbsqs0Ow&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjng6Pop7D5AhUrjokEHeOJDHkQ_B16BAhtEAE

When I was in my younger days, back then did way more hiking than in more recent years, although need to get back to doing more.

Here's a guy (no, not me) that did a video of his hike to Longs Peak in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTiQs9LCs0

... this is the kind of thing I'd like to get back into doing again ... perhaps at some point.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Sharkbelly

• Members
Re: Hiking ... and Camping ...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2022, 02:05:37 AM »
I love hiking and camping. Sounds like you had a good trip!

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2022, 03:03:57 PM »
This is my JAM!!
I camp 4 seasons, solo, with friends, whatever.

I moved to Cape Breton Island 2 years ago, so now I can camp in the mountains and on the ocean shore, and I live right on the edge of the provincial park so there are piles of places to hike. I highly recommend coming here for an outdoors getaway.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 02:08:31 AM »
Yes, it was a very good trip.

As or Cape Breton Island, I have not been, but look forward to it.

Also, some of my best memories are from my earlier years of hiking, and camping.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Captain Tineal

• Members
  • You will join me or die! Could you do any less?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2022, 10:34:49 AM »
As or Cape Breton Island, I have not been, but look forward to it.

Dude, I have from mid August until April off if you're ever feeling like heading this way I can show you some great places to camp. I camped out on the beach by the ocean the other night, and I am planning on heading up into the mountains by my house for a few days in a couple of weeks. Also google fishing cove and pollet's cove if you are looking for inspiration, I have been to the former several times and would go back in an instant, but haven't been to the later just yet but it is on my radar.
I don't know what a pisolires is but it sounds like a musical instrument you play with urine...

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2022, 10:49:55 AM »
Probably won't be that soon when making a trip.  Not sure I'll be camping when I do or not.  But it is on the "bucket list" so to speak.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 10:30:24 AM »
Some of my most remembered hiking and camping was done in Yosemite National Park.

Would like to be out there now wiht all the spring into summer water run off from the high country into the valley.

Here is an example of what's happening in the area ... an avalanche in Tenaya canyon ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xCOOhYE27g
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 10:33:13 AM by GamesPoet »

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 10:42:11 PM »
I love hiking and camping.  I spent the last 4 days camping near Deception Pass with friends.  We went fishing for shrimp (caught 510), clamming and caught a few random fish on the line that cooked up well.  This coming weekend I'm going motorcycle camping off my KTM690 Enduro Adventure bike.  The wonderful weather here is just for a season, so not much time for hobbying, but most time spent in the outdoors.