home

Author Topic: >Split<Tournament Prep III with Pictures (Army List)  (Read 4640 times)

Offline FR1DAY

• Members
>Split<Tournament Prep III with Pictures (Army List)
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2005, 03:29:01 PM »
Well you live and learn. The normal UK GT is 20-17-13-10-7-3-0 break down, at the Dutch GT it was 20-17-15-13-10-7-5-3-0. From massacre to slaughtered. Makes the most of the swiss system as only games scores are used for the draw, seperating out the players after a couple of games. I'd rule if you just got a set amount of points for a win regardless of the margin.
There are 40 different shades of black, so many fortresses and ways to attack.

So why you complaining!

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2005, 04:35:59 PM »
I've got to say that the standard points for wins encourages many things.  Firstly, when you are clearly winning the game, you can stop pressing to totally destroy the other guys army.  It don't matter if you win by 50 pts or 500 pts a win is a win.  Secondly, you need to bring an army that can handle scenarios.  Some of them don't even count up victory points but award a clear victory for winning the objective.  Lastly, you can take nicer armies, like TVI's or the army I took to Baltimore last year and have a shot at a win.  It also awards having a good looking army and being a nice person.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline The Village Idiot

• Members
  • Empire GT Winner
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2005, 01:45:47 AM »
Sorry for the confusion. ALL large infantry blocks are simply warriors with handweapon and shield. I modelled different units with different weapons because of the Individuals rule for the CoU. Also, it provides some variety to the horde.

I will, of course, explain to my opponent that all my blocks are warriors with handweapon and shield. I referred to them as halberdiers and spearmen here on the forum when referring to the pictures and what I still had left to paint.

(I'll edit the list in the original post now)

The Village Idiot
I have nineteen deployments...How many do YOU have?
Quickly everyone, chant the Canticle of the Battalion Concept. Maybe we can convert him!
-Rufus Sparkfire, Imperial Scrivener

Offline Olaf_Ironfoot

• Members
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2005, 05:05:27 AM »
And with that, the list got so much harder :D

I love the list even more now, remarkably well thought out

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »
Hey folks I'm bumping this post with the edits on the army list.  I think it will make a little more sense.

Atch
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"