home

Author Topic: Fireforge Games - Forgotten World kickstarter (20.09.2018)  (Read 24485 times)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
Re: Fireforge Games - Forgotten World kickstarter (20.09.2018)
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2018, 04:06:51 PM »
I've been convinced. And with two new work bookings coming in today, I feel like I can afford it. Also the fact that I have now got loads of extra prep to do for one of the new bookings means I feel like spoiling myself, so I will pledge tomorrow - folk rabble, undead rabble and undead horse is what I'm after. (Not sure of official terms.)

Still, it's a long wait!

Just bought Frostgrave's Ghost Archipelago crewmen. More recruits for my pirate army. Looking forward to painting them. The Sartosan pirates will make an appearance in the Tilea campaign soon!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2018, 04:18:32 PM »
Huzzah!

My son and I are both in, but he seems to think there is a tendency for people to drop out if the KS only just makes it. I found that surprising but I suppose if it means that stretch goals are not met then some may consider the package not worth it. Hopefully as Fireforge have reduced targets and increased unlocked items to encourage participation, that will be enough

I agree with your son, although I don't think it'll be a big problem on this one. If you read through the comments there were a lot of people who only wanted the additional human faction or half orcs, and were very clear they planned to drop out if it wasn't met. There were also a lot of people saying the same if the characters didn't get unlocked, but that was before they moved it.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2018, 04:22:04 PM »
Interestingly, I've seen two drops in the overall amount pledged this morning.

So once again, some folks are dropping out, even though it has made its target.

- - -

I'm thinking of painting these guys up in a variety of colors, with the idea of them being mercenaries that can be used in different situations.

I'm leaning toward the padded armor being grey, and perhaps the clothing being quartered in red, white, yellow, and purple or maybe the latter color will be green.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
I'm planning for a color scheme just like Throne's Starks. Browns and greys, although I really like the idea of a couple trimmed with green to represent Stirlanders.

I've seen some great color schemes recently of similar undead in purple colors that I really want to try out. I use primarily reds and blacks for my various undead, so I want to branch out a bit. The black and white (Bones) can tie them together, and purple cloth can show them as a separate army or faction within my undead horde.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
If I quarter as mentioned and with green instead of the first idea of purple, they can be Wissenland, Stirland, Talabecland, Talabheim, and Hochland.  The first two more likely.  Or even Soland!

At the same time, they'll fit into any one of my Tilean Mercenary groups.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2018, 02:00:35 AM »
I may look into pledging now. Maybe. Hmmm.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2018, 07:14:06 AM »
I may look into pledging now. Maybe. Hmmm.

Welcome to the fold! I want to see those mounted heroes funded. :)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #82 on: October 18, 2018, 11:10:52 AM »
Funded. Join the bandwagon, people !

Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #83 on: October 18, 2018, 12:20:53 PM »
Seemed to be an increase in number of folks pledging over night, and at 132K the funding seems certain.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2018, 02:50:04 PM »
It is now up over 135K and saw it climbing this morning.  Maybe it will hit 140K and will get the heros on horse.

I'm still at the Northmen Detachment level, but contemplating the next level up, and maybe I might do something to get over the 100 euro level.  If I did that, then I'd be buying 4 boxes and get a 5th box free, which would give enough figures combined to have a unit of bows, two units of warriors, and two units of cav.

Plus there's that extra sprue thrown in for conversions or maybe more bows or use those 6 figures as swords with the rest of the warriors being spears or whatever.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2018, 04:07:54 PM »
Still haven't done it. Something is preventing me now that they don't need my help to succeed.

Mind you, I still have time to get my act together and take the plunge.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »
Ha!  I didn't do it to help, I like the figures!  It is more about having something of quality for my fantasy goals and dreams.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
I love the figures, but will they be what I want and need when they finally come? I'm trying to stick to purchases that the campaign can use,

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2018, 07:06:38 PM »
Yep, that makes sense with what you're doing. :icon_cool:

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2018, 08:06:30 AM »
I've jumped in the deep end...

Forgotten world starter set..... :closed-eyes:
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2018, 08:58:29 AM »
I've jumped in the deep end...

Forgotten world starter set..... :closed-eyes:

Correct choice! :)

-Z

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2018, 07:24:04 PM »
So I opted not to raise my pledge.  It all seems like a good bargain, yet I resisted spending more than I'd prefer at the moment.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Now the waiting begins!

This is the first time I'm a bit over anticipating the release of figures.  Not sure what that is all about.  I've been patient with many, but looking forward to this release more so.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #93 on: October 21, 2018, 06:55:53 PM »
I would have found that frustrating as heck. Glad I just carried on and didn't get lured by promises for the future! (They are glorious looking figures and I will get them one day.)

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #94 on: October 21, 2018, 07:16:25 PM »
So here's what I have ...

1 box of Northmen on horse ... 6 figures (probably more of a light to medium cav look to them)
1 box of Northmen warriors ... 12 figures (going to turn these into spearsmen)
1 box of Northmen archers ... 12 figures
1 sprue of Northmen warriors ... (probably going to turn them into swordsmen)
12 extra sheilds ... hoping we can pick between bear, cat, dragon, and tree.

I was so tempted to go up to the 100 Euro level because then I'd have gotten another box of warriors and my free box would have been another unit of cavalry.  I was also considering getting a box of the historical sergeants on foot for my medieval armies, and then I would have purchased some of the pavise to fill out the full amount.  However, glad I resisted for the moment.

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #95 on: October 21, 2018, 09:31:54 PM »
I'm splitting the starter box with a friend, and getting some extra boxes from another friend's early bird set (which will only arrive when the peasant rabble are done). This will give me a sizeable human force, plus a new undead knights unit. Glad the mounted characters were funded, they will make excellent unit champions for the mounted units.

Plus trying out a couple of the historical sets. People have expressed mixed feelings about their quality, but in the end I decided to see for myself. Very probably will split even some of these, as I think I won't actually want to use more than two of each pose.

This will be about 200 new minis, half fantasy and half historical. Now I need to clear the tables and lockers of old projects, and sell what I'm not gonna finish. Some hard choices for sure.

-Z

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #96 on: October 22, 2018, 12:09:52 AM »
Yes on the special character figures!  Good to have the human one's thru my purchase for free. :icon_mrgreen:

Wondering which historical sets ya picked up Zygmund :icon_question:

Regarding various projects, I need to get them all in one place, and start sorting down through them.  It is a project in itself to organize my figures at some point.  I found a piece of furniture in a consignment store with many thin drawers that I was considering, but when I went back to buy it, already sold.  Maybe I'll just buy a tall bureau of some kind and start getting projects divided and sorted.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #97 on: October 22, 2018, 12:49:22 AM »
I got the early bird bid, so it's going to be one of each kit, plus 2 peasants and the characters. I was in originally for the Northmen, but I do really like the look of the undead knights. I'm hoping to clear my painting desk at least a little before they arrive.

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #98 on: October 22, 2018, 01:20:38 AM »
Gankom ... that is awesome.  I'm not really into making an undead army, but they do look good.  The early bird was tempting too. As was the starter set, except it seems that would have provided more undead figures than Northmen.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #99 on: October 22, 2018, 01:49:11 AM »
Indeed! I'm not as interested in the undead infantry. They look nice and fine, but I'm not a huge undead fan. But I thought the deal was good and I can always use more zombies to bulk my existing armies. I have some half formed plans to make them look like frozen zombies ala game of thrones to use in Frostgrave.