home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 96400 times)

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2016, 10:12:31 PM »
"This is one of Moross' reception skulls" Hasarian says.

He pulls out the black chip that was handed to you before hand upon your docking at foot fall.

As the Reception Skull scans it the three of you also pull out your chips.

Upon completing it's task the skull turns and floats back to to the main entrance.

"Let's go" Hasarian says

As you pass the slave guard, you notice that their heavy grox hide breast plates are covering gambeson style cloth armour. No doubt to absorb the blows of unruly slaves.

The scars on the wrists of a couple of the guard indicate that they rose up from being the captives to the captors.

Regardless, the bedecked halls of Moross' palace are truly stunning. Even the Crown Molding screams fine craftsmanship. Finaly the servo skull comes to a halt at a portal. With a quick blurt of binary the door opens to reveal an opulent dining room.\

"Lord Captain Markus of the Hasarian Family and Trusted Crew Mates" bellows a Slave Guard from a far corner of the room.

A few in the room turn too look at you but most pay you no mind.

"Just as I thought, The Provisor is here" he points at the truly disturbing looking man with the features of the his face pushed out of place by the tubing of lifepreserving bionics which snake all around his body, swathed in dark grey robes hemmed with deepest red.

"It seems that The Kasballica has indeed shown up" he says stroking his beard "So they sent Vladaym Tocara eh?"

Hasarian walks you over to an out of the way table.

"Right so, Vladaym Tocara is A senior negotiator for the Kasballica and yes Tocara allways dresses severely"

You look the man over as Hasarian point too him. he is in a grey bodysuit, with a small silver Aquila, thin data-slate and shaven head.

"I always find it unnerving how he never smiles" Hasarian remarks "Anyway the two armoured brutes next too him are Kasballica enforcers, Tocara is always shadowed by them.

Vladaym Tocara is the gateway to a vast array of illegal services, hidden information, and dangerous goods secreted in caches upon Footfall, but the price is always high. In particular, Tocara seeks greater formal ties between Rogue Traders and his masters, and influence upon the flow of xenos technology and Halo Artefacts into the Cold Trade. He actively seeks out newly arrived Rogue Traders,
introducing himself and cautiously exploring their potential interest in less-than-legal enterprises"

Hasarian pours out four cups of recaf and hand them out to you.

He then goes on to talk about the rest of the room

"See that meat head over there? That's Calcus Calinnicus, a vat-muscled thug with a taste for narco-tribe drugs and whose word is considered unbreakable. Calinnicus is the nearest thing the Black Brotherhood, The Muscle Guild have to a leader—a bully on the surface but possessed of a core of iron. Perfect for a band of Hired Thugs. Moross is really pulling out all the stops on this one. he raly has security this tight."

Hasarian Shakes his head

"Anyway back on topic. Calinnicus is a murderer fifty times over, a number that would be much higher if he didn’t prefer to leave his victims crippled but alive, so the scum can think over their mistakes, he says. He reserves his worst for those who break their word, no matter what the circumstances."

"Too the left of him is Preacher Ywane. The man is in fact not a true priest of the Ecclesiarchy but a weak-willed fool, driven by a surfeit of opinions but lacking in the stomach or true conviction to follow them through. Years ago, Ywane went by another name, and it is said fled from some debtor misfortune and came to Footfall, where he "found" the Light of the Emperor and ordained himself as a "preacher of the Emperor’s Truth.”

He has subsequently tried to build himself a position of political and moral authority in Footfall but has so far failed to achieve anything beyond
becoming the spineless tool of others. He is also an ally of the Kasballica Mission, a fact that he believes is a complete secret
but is in fact widely known, and acts as their mouthpiece in the Liege’s Court. This cowardly alliance has in no small way kept the false preacher alive through years of foolery and mischance"

Hasarian takes sip of recaf

"Any questions about these folks before I go on about my fellow Rogue Traders in the room?"
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2016, 10:10:12 PM »
"What a wonderful bunch of individuals." Desmonds say's dryly, taking careful note of each person the Captain points out. "Truly they are exactly what I'd expect from the fine upstanding citizens in this beacon of Imperial civilization."

Desmond sips at his drink and considers the situation. "No questions yet, not from me. Still... forming my thoughts so to speak."

(OOC: Can I do a underground lore check to see if I know anything else about these people, or have heard of them before?)

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2016, 07:54:34 AM »
"Why so serious Desmond?" asks Icarus with a light sneer. "I like these men, at least they're honest about being scum. Not like all those uptight assholes in the upper Hives" he adds with a grimace of disgust. "Which one we want to deal with, boss?" he asks Hassarian, while sipping his recaf and wondering why is there no Amasec in that mug...

[OOC: Bane is looking for some booze!]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:13:36 AM by Xathrodox86 »
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2016, 03:15:01 PM »
Jace eyes the slaver thoughtfully. 'I wonder...' he starts. 'Captain, the provisor... Exactly how legal is his business?'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:25 PM »
Desmond chuckles. "It's my job to focus on the business Bane. I have to at least pretend to be serious on occasion."

He'll sip some more of the drink and listen to the Captains response.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2016, 09:15:23 AM »
Desmond chuckles. "It's my job to focus on the business Bane. I have to at least pretend to be serious on occasion."

He'll sip some more of the drink and listen to the Captains response.

"You're doing stellar job my friend" states Bane, with a real humor in his voice. "Then let me make sure, that no one will try to do anything... funny to us, while we're here" he adds, eyeing the gathered scum suspiciously.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #81 on: April 13, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
"The Provisor's... line of work, is as legal as any other hive of scum and villainy Jace. Meaning overlooked and turns a blind eye from"

He smiles slightly when his eyes catch a glimpse of one of the Rogue Traders

"No more question eh? Ah well in that case then... see that girl over there?'

Hasarian gestures to a pretty young woman with snow white hair and pale flesh. Her uniform is simple and well cut, revealing just enough to get your imagination running. You notice however that, despite the carefully applied makeup and hair bun that she is under great stress.

"That is Madam Charlabelle Armelan, one of the few women to take up the Warrant of Trade here in the Expanse. I only know a little about her, she is no willowy daughter of privilege, despite appearances, and long ago learned how to get things done herself. Rumor has it she has a whole band of Kroot on her ship, the Grace of Sopha. Though I have never seen them in the few time we have crossed paths."

Though she looks tired, her eyes seem to sparkle with delight when she sees the four of you and she waves happily.

"And before you ask if I have seen her out of the uniform, no I haven't..."

Hasarian takes a sip of recaf 

"...yet" 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:52:32 PM by Captain Dob Van Dwi »

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »
"Well it's good to have goals." Desmonds responds. "She looks young for a rogue trader, although Emperor knows looks can be deceiving. Especially if she's actually got a horde of Kroot on hand. She looks excited enough to see us at least."

"Any other Traders about?"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2016, 08:20:24 AM »
"Xeno scum!" spits Bane. "I say we should not trust a broad, who consorts with aliens. Admiteddly she's a fine piece of ass, but I don't think that it's worth a visit from her avian friends" Icarus adds with a grimace.

[OOC: I check out her gear and weapons and, of course, scan the shadows for any, potential danger. Xeno or not.]

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
'Grace of Sopha, you say? I must admit I am unfamiliar with both it and its crew.' Squinting in deep thought, he pauses a moment, as if trying to remember something. 'Pray tell, which House serves her as navigator?'
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2016, 01:23:03 PM »
"I do not know Jace, I think they are Nomads though" Hasarian takes another slurp of recaf

He glances over at Bane

"Icarus treat a Lady with respect" Hasarian scolds "As for the weapons and Kroot you are searching for, Madam Armelan prefers to travel alone. Make no mistake, she could kill you without any trouble Icarus"

"As for who else is here Desmond..."

He points to a bald scared man with a simple moustache

"That is Jeremiah Blitz, hes a charming rogue and a notorious scoundrel, a man not truly given to the rarefied manners of polite society,
but more at home in unsavoury drinking dens and back-street bordellos. Jeremiah Blitz is only newly come to his Warrant of
Trade, and is no highborn scion born into a life of nobility.

The manner in which Jeremiah earned his Warrant is entirely typical of the man—he won it in a game of chance.
Most versions of the story agree that Blitz, formerly a dealer in dubious and xenos art objects, landed himself a place at
a very high-stakes game attended by a Sector Lord of the Adeptus Terra. Over the course of the game, Blitz lost heavily,
until he staked all on the turn of the last card and won a favour from that Sector Lord.

Blitz, then demanded said Lord grant him the Warrant of Trade, and reluctantly, he agreed. A year and a day later, Jeremiah
Blitz was granted his warrant and the cruiser Ordained Destiny, and was soon set for wilderness space and whatever adventures
it could offer.

In his short career to date as a Rogue Trader, Jeremiah Blitz has carved his name across a dozen regions. He has yet to settle
into the serious business of establishing a dynasty, though he has no doubt sowed many illegitimate seeds throughout the
courts of several ruling houses. Most of Jeremiah’s adventures have been somewhat shady, often involving dubious deals with
less-than-reputable characters. Where most Rogue Traders look to nurture investments and establish interests, Jeremiah is, at this
stage, more interested in short-term gain. To this end, he has continued his erstwhile dealings in the Cold Trade, bringing in
vast sums for alien artefacts from beyond the rim.

I have always found Jeremiah to be a man of action and he relies first and foremost upon his own, personal resources. Hell his confidants are
formed of an inner circle of accomplices he knows from his former life. A rather ragged bunch of adventurers. In addition to these trusted men and women, Jeremiah maintains a sizable force of armsmen to back him in serious situations."

Hasarian raises to glass and Blitz nods with respect.

"Any questions before I go on?"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2016, 10:54:51 PM »
"Ah a dealer in alien technology, very interesting." Desmond says quietly and thoughtfully. "Although he sounds well armed enough. Lucky man to win such a warrant like that. He could be an interesting man to talk to about the local underworld if his dealings are as shady as they are."

Desmond rubs his chin and looks up, grinning apologetically. "Could be useful knowledge to put to our own use. Not that he sounds particularly trustworthy of course, but interesting none the less."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2016, 10:45:34 AM »
"I'd like to see her try" mumbles Bane, before adding: "On the other hand, that Blitz fellow sounds like a kindred soul. Always liked a man, who got to his position by being smart and ruthless, and not just wealthy and noble born".

He rubs his irritated chin. "I agree with Desmond, he could be useful when it comes to dealing with less savory elements of this port".

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2016, 06:54:10 PM »
Hasarian nods and points to a battle scared woman with tied up black hair. Though still good looking, she had probably once been extremely beautiful.

"That is Lady Sun Lee, she is the matriarch of the House of Ma’Kao, a powerful dynasty with holdings across the entire Segmentum.
Those holdings include facilities on several dozen Agri-worlds providing essential foodstuffs to many prominent Hive-worlds, including Scintilla.

Despite the fact that the fortunes of the House of Ma’Kao haveafforded Lady Sun Lee an unimaginably privileged lifestyle, she prefers to leave the running of her affairs to a veritable army of underlings.

The bearers of the Ma’Kao Warrant of Trade prefer to hold their fortunes in their own hands, and they know that even should they fall in some benighted, uncharted backwater ,as several have, their dynasty will continue. Like me, her House’s wealth means Lady Sun Lee can pursue her own interests, which revolve around the pursuit of legendary treasures and lost xenos civilisations beyond the galactic rim.

Given her propensity for adventure, Lady Sun Lee has faced things in her lifetime even seasoned Explorators would avoid. She has trod the dusty crypts of alien catacombs, and led expeditions into the most lethal Death World jungles, returning with rare artefacts and priceless resources. She has held council with monarchs of long-lost human empires, and convinced them that she is the Goddess of Humanity, earning
the adoration and fealty of uncounted millions"

Hasarian nods to Sun Lee's belt.

"Lady Sun Lee is an adept swordswoman, you can see that priceless heirloom power weapon can you not? That weapon is reputed to have been
crafted long ago on Ancient Terra, perhaps even before the time of the Great Crusade. Whether or not this is true, the sword has certainly claimed the lives of many rivals, earning Her a fearsome reputation in our circles."

Sun Lee is wearing an ornate silk gown and robes of a striking jade hue

"That's a colour that is repeated across the heraldry of her vessels and the uniforms of her soldiers and servants. When expecting trouble, she wears a set of power armour of the same colour, lending her a stately grace on the battlefield. Even more so when her private army is in lock step behind her. I have seen them put many elite Guardsmen to shame.

I find her charm is immediately disarming to those who do not know better. Also what ever you do don't piss her off or agree to a sparing match with her!"

You notice that Hasarian rubs his left hip with her free hand at that remark.

You also are surprised when Hasarian bows to Sun Lee. sun Lee suppresses a smile and simply returns the bow, her loose strands of black hair falling about her face. 

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2016, 09:35:12 AM »
"Now that's a woman I can respect, and no mistake" whizzes Bane, as he's eyeing the ancient power weapon with respect. "Suddendly I have a feeling that we're in a company of a sort, that runs things on a system-wide scale and I'm not sure if that's a good thing m'lord". Icarus looks around suspiciously, as he's eyeing the powerful and mighty of the Calixis sector, his hand ever close to a holstered Bolt Pistol.

[OOC: I want to make a test, to see if anyone is watching us, or talking about us.]

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2016, 02:54:13 PM »
"Agreed. It seems the mutterings of witches has indeed brought the majority of the systems power here. Of course we have an invite to, so clearly they made sure to invite the MOST important person." Desmonds mutters.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2016, 08:16:09 PM »
"Well we should do our best to mingle and see what what, rumor monger and all that" Hasarian says  "Who wants to take Blitz and see what he knows?"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »
"Well we should do our best to mingle and see what what, rumor monger and all that" Hasarian says  "Who wants to take Blitz and see what he knows?"

"He's mine. I think we'll find a common ground. Just keep me away from that xeno-loving bitch, thank you very much".

[OOC: I go and try to arrange a chat with Blitz]

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2016, 05:17:37 PM »
"A wise choice, hopefully you can find something useful. Like you say, perhaps your 'common ground' will win you some support." Desmond adds. "If anything it seems the captain should have a little chat with Madam Charlabelle Armelan. Seems there's a bit of a connection there. I'll talk with whoever, although the though of Xeno does interest me."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2016, 03:20:04 PM »
Then why don't you talk to Lady Armelan then Desmond?" Hasarian asks "I'm sure the two of you will get along"

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2016, 05:34:22 PM »
"Very well captain." Desmond responds with a grin. "She seems friendly enough, kroot not withstanding."

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2016, 12:06:41 PM »
"I'll get a read on Sun Lee" Hasarian says "jace you keep an eye open eh?"

"Right any final question before we begin?"

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
"I'll get a read on Sun Lee" Hasarian says "jace you keep an eye open eh?"

"Right any final question before we begin?"

"None m'Lord. I'm off for a chat, wish me luck, just as I wish it to you all" rasps Icarus, as he makes his way towards his intended speaker.

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 09:35:50 PM »
"Same here bossman, let's go see what we can discover." Desmond agrees before likewise making his way towards Lady Armelan.

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2016, 02:14:59 PM »
@Xath:

Blitz shakes your hand and looks you over. You notice that the man's blue-grey cloak covers a bulky power pack, not unlike those used by the Kaserkin of Cadia for their Hell Weapons.

His armour is equally guard like. Though highly crafted with modest ornamentation, it is obviously guard surplus.   

Player Prompt: What question would you like to ask?