home

Author Topic: Warhammer Online  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Zjackrum

• Members
Warhammer Online
« on: August 20, 2008, 04:59:16 PM »
With Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning less than a month away (Sept 18), I've taken a bit of time to peruse the website and wikis. I noticed a similar thread over at Da Warpath, and wondered if there has been any talk of a 'Warhammer Empire' guild for the game. I don't know how many peopel are excited over the new computer game, as the Warhammer community seems divided between those who like computer games and those who don't. It may be even worse than 40k with dawn of war, as this is an mmorpg. Just wondering.

Offline postazure

• Members
Re: Warhammer Online
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:03:30 PM »
I can wait til the full release, im in beta but i cant say more in that direction but...

Last year at gamesday LA we went thru the line and playied several of times, got to love the Squig Herder.

I want the model that comes with the sp edition. but we will see
Friendly fire is a misnomer!

Offline HoS

• Members
  • Beyond Beyond Thunderdrome
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 05:32:26 PM »
This thread here?

I am joining a guild with a couple of friends from my local gaming club who are WoW veterans and we are going to PWN.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Dendo Star

• Members
  • And......loving it.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 05:34:28 PM »
Yeah, but the only actual Imperial Trooper was cut from the release.  That leaves us with an entire army composed of nothing but Warrior Priests, Bright Wizards, and Witchhunters. :eusa_wall:
I'm in college!

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
I don't care, I am going to be a Black Orc or a Chaos Warrior anyways, tanking like a madman. I am done with playing "good" characters.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Zjackrum

• Members
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
Well I think the idea was we'd all play good side (not neccessarily human). Friggen traitors!

Offline borgar

• Members
  • Make war not sense
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 07:06:49 PM »
This thread here?

I am joining a guild with a couple of friends from my local gaming club who are WoW veterans and we are going to PWN.

oh really? me and everyone at the-waaagh.com is gonna make an all green guild anf just have fun.

i probably wont play the empire much as i feel they are a bit mis represented, like all the armies really
As for borgar - you sir are a genius.

Offline ZehKaiser

• Members
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 02:24:07 AM »
I work at a GameStop and we haven't gotten 1 pre-order for it yet.  I feel like it'll be a huge flop in my region.  The real thing to be excited about (especially as empire players) is Empires: Total War.  That is gonna be the greatest game ever created... (since Medieval 2: Total War at least :biggriin:)  Pre-Order it Now!
Veteran of the Storm of Chaos, Lustria, and Nemesis Crown Campaigns.
Podhammer - The Warhammer Podcast

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
Woah doggy am I excited for Empires. I am literally getting a boner thinking about naval combat.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline Moriar

• Members
    • http://www.facebook.com/martindahl2
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 08:53:31 AM »
Sadly the ai of total war is so useless...

Talking about warhammer online. You all might like the new film they realeased.

http://www.war-europe.com/mediaplayer.html?flv=http%3A//download.goa.com/war/flv/WAR_Cinematic2_Full_EN.flv&width=576&height=344
My Nuln army painting log
And the generals gave thanks. As the other ranks, held back the enemy tanks! For a while. -Pink Floyd

Offline Olivo Mackisch

• Members
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 08:59:08 AM »
I am a huge gamefreak . I love playing games that relate to something i love doing. When i heard about Warhammer online at the beginning of the year i've been on their website looking at stuff almost every day. I couldnt afford the collectors addition (No orc for me  :x) but i managed to pre-order it and i cant wait until it come out!! Warrior preist ftw!

Offline peterhof

• Members
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 09:01:12 AM »
I WUV it  :icon_redface:
but damn I don't want to pay for it unless i have tried the gameplay in let's say a trial or something like that
You can push, but I will push back...only harder, much harder.

OW! Cut it out! You people are crazy!

Empire, Wood Elves, Lizardmen

Offline Spiney

• Members
  • Merchant Prince of Marienburg
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »
AoR looks awesome but the Empire representation is sadly lacking. I don't feel like I want to play any of those characters (same with Dark Elves actually). I'll probably end up as a High Elf White Lion, I quite like the idea of being followed into combat by a savage elven lion.

Brain wounder: for when you don't want to kill your enemies, just leave them bedridden and pissing themselves.

Offline DonKarst0n

• Members
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 09:52:28 AM »
I won't play the game but those two movies they made -or should I say trailers- are just awesome and a huge source of motivation for every Warhammer player.

Quote from: patsy02
Useless as they may be, the horses still need their knights for the extra armour save.

Offline Olivo Mackisch

• Members
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »
I've watched many videos on it and judging by peoples comments chaos are going to be the most popular so that why i'm slightly put off being the empire as chaos will be dominant on almost every realm  :x

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
Movie is awesome!  If they could make an entire movie like that...oh man we need a drooling smiley.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Sir Seigfried

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 02:08:35 PM »
Movie is awesome!  If they could make an entire movie like that...oh man we need a drooling smiley.

It is already possible. would just take the time pixar takes to make on of their movies, say, over the hedge.

two examples of not the same genre as WO, but still at the same level of Digital film, Appleseed 2 and Final Fantasy:Advent Children.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:24:54 PM by Sir Seigfried »

Offline Zjackrum

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 03:05:11 PM »
Well sometimes the fun is being the down-trodden, but I don't really want to see a repeat of WoW... I already know 1/2 the people on every server are going to be Squig Herders. They will be the new undead rogue of WAR.  I'm torn between my loyalty to the Empire and always being a good guy (as most people prefer the bad guy) and picking the winning team.

Offline Olivo Mackisch

• Members
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 06:08:06 AM »
I already know 1/2 the people on every server are going to be Squig Herders. They will be the new undead rogue of WAR.

Sorry Zjackrum but i hate it when ANYONE starts relating warhammer online with world of warcraft! Tehy are two different games with totally different ideas and yeah SOME are similar but its the same with all MMO's deal with it and stop going on about WoW because WoW is very very very very boring!

Offline HoS

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 06:15:46 AM »
Leave. My. Internet. Now.

But how about this? We all just go post in the thread in the Count's Tavern about this.
Gave into the WoW.

Offline cisse

• Members
  • let the wookie win!
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2008, 08:35:25 AM »
The real thing to be excited about (especially as empire players) is Empires: Total War.

Uh? Didn't know about that one. Is it just an add-on made by players?
cisse

No matter how fast you run, your ass will always be in front of me...

Offline Nicholas Ironfist

• Members
  • Witch Hunter Extraordinaire, Count of Sylvania.
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2008, 09:26:35 AM »
I have 3 mates in beta(bastards all of them) and they reckon the game sucks :(
Any other betas agree?
Care not for the judgement of others, but go forth and do as you see fit.

Offline Mathias von Hochland

• Members
  • Burninating since '03
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2008, 12:40:28 PM »
The real thing to be excited about (especially as empire players) is Empires: Total War.

Uh? Didn't know about that one. Is it just an add-on made by players?

Nah, it's the 4th (5th?) game in the Total War series. It's based on the renaissance + a little extra either side. It's going to have ship battles, Woo!

If you want a bit of Warhammer with your Total War, there is a mod for R:TW, and probably for M2:TW as well. Or just get that Warhammer RTS that's already out there...
You, sir, command my respect for showing this amount of testicular fortitude!
Take me on in mortal combat!

Offline Marwynn

• Members
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2008, 01:30:25 AM »
I have 3 mates in beta(bastards all of them) and they reckon the game sucks :(
Any other betas agree?

Varyingly. Some in the Wrath of the Lich King beta are also in the WAR beta and they prefer WAR. Of course, WotLK has some great stuff in it too.

Lots of opinions, but most of the complaints about WAR are kinda shallow at this point. From what I've heard from them they've stated that it has solid and slower paced gameplay compared to WoW and the RvR is sweet. So I'm sold.