home

Author Topic: Swapping "Forces"  (Read 1787 times)

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
Swapping "Forces"
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:55:53 AM »
My friend came up with this one, but i'm not too sure about it so i though i might ask you guys:

If in the Nemesis Crown, someone finds their cause (Dark Elves) practically wrong because it will overall not affect the campaign in many ways, then can they use their DE but register games for Empire.

For instance I would register with empire even though i used OK in a game and just say fluff wise that they see more point in the empire winning than themselves.

I don't know if this came across clearly but do you think taht this is immoral?
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline Veldemere

• Members
Re: Swapping "Forces"
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:37:16 AM »
Immoral is a strong word, it is certainly not in the spirit of the game and I don't really like the idea of everyone jumping ship to try and get onto the 'winning' side.

I struggle to see the point of doing this, you would not be able to use any fluff without it being a complete fabrication (reduces your chances of an opponent also posting results). I don't think there is anything intrinsically stopping you from doing it but I would certainly not support anyone in doing it.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline Ostermarker

• Members
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:16:07 PM »
Simple: You're mercenaries. Though, I'd make sure that your opponent knows this if they're going to register the battle, and add a little fluff: I'm sure I saw a puddy tat human/dwarf/whatever (depending on who they're working fo)r with lots of money ordering them to our loation or something.
So, Ostmarkers wear purple, but it's manly purple, not like that Bretonnian purple.

Offline Lachieo

• Members
  • Faith and Steel!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 04:57:21 AM »
I don't think it's the best idea, if you wanna submit wins/losses for the empire then play the empire.
I have CDO, it's OCD but in alphabetical order. The Way It Should Be!
W/L/D 8th ED Army of Awesomeness: 10/0/0 :)

Offline Nightshadow

• Members
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:03:46 AM »
For instance I would register with empire even though i used OK in a game and just say fluff wise that they see more point in the empire winning than themselves.

With OK, just say that they're hired by the Empire.

But I don't really like the idea, it's kinda lame.
Graf Wilhelm Anderssen, Leading the Marburg Company (Stirland), joining Helstrom's 4th.
Awarded with the Nemesis Rune, Von Klaust's Laurels of Acclamation and the Scroll of Ludendorf.
NC: 5/2/1

Offline CaptScott

• Members
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:08:22 AM »
For OK, I wouldn't have a problem for the reasons aleady outlined.

As to DE, well it might be feasible as they would mostly likely want to do whatever they could to stop the HE in achieving their goals, and the best way to do this would be to suupport the Empire.  Very spiteful and IC for DE in my opinion.
2010 - The year of Empire.
2011 - The year of Empire!

Offline Veldemere

• Members
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:13:41 AM »
GDA aside, in the campaign booklet both OK and DE have their own reasons for taking part in the campaign. It just leaves something of a bad taste in my mouth that people would not support the cause of the army they are fighting with.
Veldemere, Elector Count of Solland (Elect)
Quote from: wissenlander
  I'm fine with Veldemere and his retinue of disgruntled's

Offline machine-child

• Members
  • The Honorary Asian
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:09:05 PM »
GDA aside, in the campaign booklet both OK and DE have their own reasons for taking part in the campaign. It just leaves something of a bad taste in my mouth that people would not support the cause of the army they are fighting with.

Yeah, but with DE, it's like "raiding season has come again and they will be raiding the coast of the old world"... F^&^, GW put a lot of thought into that 1

My grandma who doesn't play warhammer could have come up with a better storyline  :blush:
The 5 halberdier detachment is there for 2 reasons.  Fanatic bait, and I had no where else to spend the points.

Offline Nog64

• Members
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 10:48:54 PM »
Make up a better reason for your forces then? Like you're trying to overthrow Malaketh or something?
<font color=0033FF-FF3000>╤♦*~N64~╤♦*</font>