home

Author Topic: Newb Question: How do you get your wizard models on horses?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline adelwolf

• Members
Newb Question: How do you get your wizard models on horses?
« on: April 07, 2009, 05:55:32 PM »
    I'm new and am building my first army and bought the 2 Wizards models. And was wondering what people have done to modify them to ride horses. I assume you might switch their body with a knight or outrider and just use the wizard hands and head? I'm curious to what other people have done to make their wizards able to ride horses or if anyone has any suggestions?
Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated :)

Offline Toro_Blanco

• Members
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
Re: Newb Question: How do you get your wizard models on horses?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 06:07:30 PM »
This sounds like it might fit better in the Brush and Palette.

As for me, I would shy away from pistolier legs, because they're armored (unless you intend to file and green stuff it to resemble robes).

The only wizards I ever fielded mounted were the old ones GW made.  I haven't done a conversion yet, but I think you can still find plenty of those old ones if you look.
The first school of thought is that the ragged-assed Stirlanders, not having two coppers to rub together, nicked it when an elven envoy was passing through the area and had hopped off it to take a pee behind a tree

Offline Sig

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:28 PM »
I believe people buy the High Elf wizard set and use the horse and legs of the mounted wizard from that.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 07:09:41 PM »

I had contemplated doing that because it would look cool, but then it hit me: I would be paying $40 for a single mounted wizard and a bunch of extra bits that I didn't need.

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 07:17:17 PM »
Of course, you could just buy an older wizard on ebay. They come in a mounted version.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline adelwolf

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
Thanks a ton for the suggestions! Ill try and look for older wizards off ebay first. otherwise Ill try and do a conversion with the High Elf mage ($22 isn't too bad i guess...).

:happy:

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 08:36:21 PM »
chaos riders with the big floppy topped boots and pants, militia top half, neat head of some kind and a green stuff cloak and hood/wizzie hat should give you the basics to build on. steveb

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
    I'm new and am building my first army and bought the 2 Wizards models. And was wondering what people have done to modify them to ride horses. I assume you might switch their body with a knight or outrider and just use the wizard hands and head? I'm curious to what other people have done to make their wizards able to ride horses or if anyone has any suggestions?
Any suggestions or advice is much appreciated :)
how do I get my wizards onto horses? I tell them to hoof it or get onboard! steveb

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »
get the older models man they are rockin ......plus that bring up a question why the heck would GW make a Wizard plastic pack with two foot wizards? I mean it makes no sense....Dude :eusa_wall:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Guildenstern

• Members
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:26 PM »
I recently got the mounted necromancer model (that one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mounted-Necromancer-(Early-90%27s,-OOP%3F)_W0QQitemZ300307358440QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090413?IMSfp=TL090413192002r15208)
and I'm pretty sure it will be a pretty nice gold mage with golden mask
Guildenstern
My Blog

Offline Myrmidia_Forever

• Members
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:46 AM »

I had contemplated doing that because it would look cool, but then it hit me: I would be paying $40 for a single mounted wizard and a bunch of extra bits that I didn't need.

There are sellers on e-bay that sell just the bits from the various plastic kits.  The last time I saw the highelf legs go, they were about $2.  Depends on who is lookng to buy them that day I guess.