home

Author Topic: empire dice  (Read 15733 times)

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
empire dice
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:17 AM »
Hey i have a lizardman army aswell and over at lustria online they are having custom lizard dice made (which i am getting some)  has anyone ever thought of custom empire ones . You could have comet symbol replace 6s. Anyone interested?

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
Re: empire dice
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:05 PM »
A hammer would look cool too.  8-)

How many do you end up with and how much is it?
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 04:01:46 PM »
We could also go with the two-tailed comet.

Either way, the cost is going to be the main concern by players.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 04:26:49 PM »
Having already done this for my Beastmen army, I can tell you that the process is rather straightforward and pretty cheap, provided you order them in bulk and someone acts as a "hub" to get them to the other participants in the order.

I'd be in for some blue and gold ones, preferably with a hammer logo on 'em.

Offline Silver Wolf

• Members
  • I see lead people.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 05:48:11 PM »
EDIT: Sorry, missed the point of the thread.
 :(
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:00:15 PM by Silver Wolf »
"Watch the skies, traveler."
Check out my wargaming blog - The Forge of War

Offline satch

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 06:33:32 PM »
I would be up for this!

Offline Siberius

• Members
  • The Minotaur Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 07:23:46 PM »
Assuming what Roth says is true, I would be in for a set too... But I would certainly like to have some kind of idea on price and quantity.  :happy:
Quote from: PhillyT
Magic does not have nearly the same problems with power levels as magic. 

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:25:24 PM »

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2012, 08:51:12 PM »
So as I read that, even if you only ordered 10 dice with the 6 replaced by a comet (or hammer or whatever) they would cost $1 each plus P&P? That's pretty damned reasonable even before you start collecting a mass order.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
You have to add an extra bit for shipping, but yeah, that is the case. I got 40 Beastmen dice for $30 (including shipping) when we did this over at the Herdstone. :)

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 10:57:15 PM »
with the lizardmen ones ive order 40 dice for $36.28 that includes delivery to the uk. now the company is american based so someone fromt he states would be better to handle this. On the lizardmen forum we got or 500 pledges so they were only $0.42 each

Offline finngoalie

• Members
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 01:19:09 AM »
I like the iron cross too, like on knight shields

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 07:45:12 AM »
I like the iron cross too, like on knight shields

I much prefer the silver cross of Jerusalem (from which the iron cross came), but it's much, much harder to paint on troops.
Realistically they all come from (the same design as) the Maltese Cross where the 8 points symbolize the beatitudes in Matthew.  Ah...History Wikipedia! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltese_Cross
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:49:32 AM by Athiuen »
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 11:46:35 AM »
Cross is good.

Could it be possible to have the dots as little hammerheads or comets? I think those 16mm standard dice have enough space for this to work, and they say fine detail is possible...

If we find a distributor within the EU (probably in or near the UK), that could cut some costs. Although small packs from the US are not that expensive, really.

I think I would satisfied with some 20 dice. :)

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Hieronymus

• Members
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 11:58:18 AM »
Q-Workshop are based in Poland, and they will create ONLY highly customised dice. Which seems to be what you are after.

I've never ordered dice myself, and I'm thinking of doing so. Has anyone used Chessex or any of the other sellers before, and if so, would they recommend them for speed and cost?

Thanks.
Check the Imperial Office to read my Warhammer vignettes - all feedback gratefully received.

Latest: Dark Resurrection

Offline Snide61

• Members
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 01:25:30 PM »
I would be down for this.  Replacing the 6s is the standard I've seen.  A buddy got TK dice and Skaven dice from their forums.  Customizing the rest of the pips I would say would be overkill.  I would also like to see various color options so that everyone could get their providence's colors on their dice.  For instance I would want green/gold for my stirland army.  I think TK and Skaven forum offered 3 choices of artwork for the 6s as well. 

Offline Paladin Commander

• Members
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
When I bought a few of my Empire figures from the local GW they gave me four custom dice the one was replaced with a gothic cross. I use them when rolling for my general's attacks or when rolling with my artillery dice.

Offline Perforated

• Members
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 01:44:49 PM »
I'd be interested in a blue/gold dice with the twin-tail comet replacing the sixes :)
Stirland rabble for life!

Offline BBorN

• Members
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 05:48:18 PM »
I would be down for some dice with the hammer of sigmar on them. The cross is just not fluffy for me
It's not the size of the Herdstone it's how you use it

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 08:18:12 PM »
The biggest problem I see is figuring out what colors to get.  I can see a lot of people wanting colors to match their preferred region.

Offline pistolpadds

• Members
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
ok looks like q workshop cost alot 140 us dollars for 20. chessex (spelling) are american based so are there any americans that would like to take control of this.

Offline Delthos

• Members
  • Evil Polish Guy
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »
I'd be interested, but only if they were burgundy dice with golden yellow pips and they had twin-tailed comets... :evil:

Color is definitely going to be an issue. One thing they must be is good contrasting colors so that they are easily read. That's one of my pet peeves with some of the Cheesex dice, especially the speckled ones. It can be very difficult to read some of them on the game table.
Ostermark Photo Gallery
Ostermark Painting Log
"Kill 'em all and let Morr sort 'em out!" (General Ghent, Battle of Dumsky's Fallow)

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 03:27:20 AM »
Each order can have up to 5 color combinations, so most people should be fine in that regard. I organized the one over at the Herdstone (the Beastmen forum, for those of you who don't know). I'd be willing to do so here, but only as a last resort - it's a bit of work, and I kind of need more painting time.

Offline S.O.F

• Members
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 03:28:11 AM »
To me the 'coolest' option would be if the pips were of a contrasting color but that side of the die had some sort of image along the lines of how constellations are done. So say:

1 - Twin Tailed Comet for Sigmar
2 - Scales for Verena
3 - Spear for Myrimidia
4 - tough but some Antlered Tree deal for Taal
5 - Hourglass for Morr
6 - Three Claw Slashes for Ulric

Just a thought...
Soldier of Fortune
Crazy DOW player
Rabid Mets Fan

Offline humanityunited

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 05:47:06 AM »
Chessex has offices in the UK and Germany too: http://chessex.com/Customer%20Service/Company%20Info%20Offices.htm

I'm in for the "ninja" or "urban camo" speckled dice with the comet or hammer on 6's!! http://chessex.com/Dice/Speckled%20pages/speckled%20poly%20dice.htm
Quote from: Grutch
We're a dramatic bunch.