home

Author Topic: AoS Tournament's  (Read 2761 times)

Offline StealthKnightSteg

• Members
  • Squishing Squickhoppers since 1999
    • https://www.facebook.com/vincent.goede
AoS Tournament's
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:31:15 AM »
I thought it might be handy to have some sort of list of tournament rules and discussion flowing from it.

Be it 1-2 day tournaments or escalation leagues or full fledged campaigns, if you find any rule settings for them post them here!

Maybe we can find some common ground and maybe get something going that could be accepted by all / most.

This is what I have found (sparking this thread and a reply on something in another thread on elector's forum)

http://www.lordsofwartournament.com/content/events/2015Summer/Lords-of-War-Rules-Package.pdf

A GW store (Groningen - Netherlands) escalation league:
Build up an army worthy of Age of Sigmar status, and win rewards and bonuses whilst battling.

++++Building your army++++

+++‘Heroes’+++
You have 14 Wounds to select your Armies leaders for your start up army. Your leaders MAY be warscrolls with the HERO keyword on it, but must only consist of a single model. You may select one, two or any number of models within the 14 wounds allocation. Exces wounds are lost!

IMPORTANT NOTE: NAME YOUR HEROES!

++General++
Choose one of your Leaders as your General. This is your General for all campaign battles. Choose wisely

+++Bulk of your army+++
You have a pool of 40 wounds.

You must spend these 40 wounds on 3 non HERO warscrolls. No more. No less. Any excess wounds are lost.

One of these warscrolls can be appointed as the Generals Guard. As long as they are within 6” of the General they do not have to take Battleschock tests.

Name each unit!
PLAY GAMES!

Points system:

• Win a major victory: 1 VP
• Destroy a monster/warmachine of at least 8 wounds: 1 VP
• If a General slays an enemy General: 1 VP
• Your General survives the battle: 1 VP

+++Recruiting+++
At the end of each round your army has an opportunity to recruit .

Roll a 2D6 and add the following modifiers:

"Present arms" +2 points for each fully painted and based unit.
"Glory" +1 pt per battle fought
"Victory" +1 pt for battle won
"Fall in ranks" +3 pts for introducing someone to Warhammer Age of Sigmar
Buy a character model - +3 pts
Buy a Regiment +5 pts

Winning general gets his army displayed in the store cabinet.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 10:44:57 AM by StealthKnightSteg »
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
Re: AoS Tournament's
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 12:13:22 PM »
That Lords of War tournament sounds pretty interesting.

I would love to play a AoS tournament but Sheffield is decidedly empty when it comes to that. The most active wargaming shop tends to run other systems or 40K and emailed me to say no plans to run a AoS tournament  :cry:

I quite liked the other system although very small beginning battles (I get that that is the point). The extra points for buying stuff put me off although shops are businesses so I get that as well. If I was to choose between the two the lord of war would win.

I like fighting against named characters, I recently got murdered by Thanquol (only had state troops and he was lucky with first turn) but taking them out of the tournament arena is probably a good idea. I also like the fact you can only summon units that you have selected in your army and can't summon a summoner.

Best thing of both is that huge numbers of models are not required. I'd be pretty happy to take my state troops detachment (and a cannon) down to either of these and see how well I would do.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 06:34:16 AM »
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Lord_Crom

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 07:59:18 AM »
A lot of fun indeed and free which is nice. Might have to be an outing for my free people to give more of a night of the living dead feel.

Never been to warhammer world, but isn't too far away.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 09:17:34 AM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 09:26:33 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 09:28:23 AM »
On Warseer and Facebook, the most talked about set of tournament rules is Azyr Comp

http://www.louisvillewargaming.com/Files/AzyrComp.pdf

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »
On Warseer and Facebook, the most talked about set of tournament rules is Azyr Comp

http://www.louisvillewargaming.com/Files/AzyrComp.pdf

biggest thing against the Azyr Comp for me is the complete destruction of the new mechanic of shooting in and out of combat.
And reintroducing the look out sir rule again.

Overall feels like it's too much extra stuff for a simple starting ruleset that the 4 pages brought us
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 10:13:21 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

• Members
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 12:15:16 PM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 04:40:26 PM »
See, there are more tourney's popping up for AoS, than perhaps gophers on a golf course. :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 05:45:37 PM »
See, there are more tourney's popping up for AoS, than perhaps gophers on a golf course. :icon_lol:

Tournaments for AoS I don't see as a problem though... now those gophers on the other hand..  :ph34r:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 06:51:58 PM »
We can send Bill Murray to take care of the gophers. :icon_lol:
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:17 AM »
Apparently Warhammer World is hosting some Wildland hunt event, but the link (in what's new today) to the ticket master and then a link to the event is broken. So no details yet. Apart from:

Event Description
The Wildland Hunt is all about fighting against the biggest, nastiest creatures that the Warhammer universe has - Monsters. You will assemble a small force of brave hunters and test your mettle in a series of unique games designed to allow you to create your own epic tales of man versus beast. Designed for players of all levels of experience, as long as you like trampling on puny warriors with massive creatures, or hunting them down and dragging them back to your arenas, then this event is for you.

Hmmppff good communication is an art..not mastered here..
On the warhammer world website:
Greetings warriors of the realm,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Warhammer World will be unavailable to run events in the weekend of 12th and 13th of December so unfortunately we have had to postpone the Wildland Hunt until further notice.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 08:21:19 AM by StealthKnightSteg »

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 06:17:38 AM »
That's a shame. I hope nothing serious happened to close the event. :-(
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.