home

Author Topic: Just spotted 9th Age Infernal Dwarves Army List !  (Read 2714 times)

Offline mr chumley warner

• Members
  • Ninth Age , paint everything, Metal Only !
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline jtrowell

• Members
Re: Just spotted 9th Age Infernal Dwarves Army List !
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »
Seems that they have both war beast Taurukhs on cavalry base and monstruous cavalry ones on 50x75mm, so there will be a place for both the recent Forge World Bull centaurs as well as the old smaller bull centaurs and Mantic Halfbreeds

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 03:41:13 PM »
How comes no one is excited by this return ?
Ask yourself , what is real? 5 sense filtered reality is a very limited perspective.

Offline Baron von Klatz

• Members
  • warhammer> All other works of mankind
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:02:09 PM »
I imagine it's due to them having rules since the 9th age forum was made since a year ago.

You're rejoicing over finding a oasis when people have already built a city around it, so to speak. :biggriin:
"No battle is ever meaningless for all life is merely death post-poned"
-elector count of the Empire.

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:45:31 AM »
I for one find Mr. Warner's child-like enthusiasm very refreshing! Please don't lose it.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:08:09 AM by Naitsabes »
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 07:20:45 PM »
Haha , there's a party and it's 9th age , it's brought me hope , I was gutted when aos came out , like I felt genuinely hurt... 30 years ago I painted my first models , gw halflings ,,, and gw launched age of heman , I'm still gutted , but 9th edition looks great

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »
Chaos Dwarfs were almost defunct when I got into the hobby, and apart from that cannon thing, didn't get any new models for pushing 20 years so there were very very few players.

So those people getting into 9th age because they want to continue with Fantasy will want to use their existing armies, and so not many Chaos Dwarfs ............... I am not even sure that there are too many options from other manufacturers either, and certainly not with any cheap plastic figure choices.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 01:09:43 AM »
Chaos dwarves got 2 boosts over the years.
1 - the 7th ed starter was a converters dream for chaos dwarves.
2 - the forge world stuff with tamurkhan.

There are a few other manufacturers i believe - i think even KOW / mantic have something for them.

Personally they are a conversion project i have been putting off since 7th edition came out. Plus in 6th edition i bought some chronopia dwarves that looked the part well.
Sometimes, dwarves with an evil paintjob and few simple conversions can cover the most basic troops...
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline jtrowell

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 07:36:27 AM »
I'm curious, what exactly made the 7th edition starter good for converting chaos dwarves compared to normal dwarf plastic kits ?

About Mantic, yes Kings of War has an army of Abyssal dwarves, and they are considered as a very fun and good faction to play.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 08:35:50 AM »
Haha , there's a party and it's 9th age , it's brought me hope , I was gutted when aos came out , like I felt genuinely hurt... 30 years ago I painted my first models , gw halflings ,,, and gw launched age of heman , I'm still gutted , but 9th edition looks great

I understand you completely. After looking at 9th Age forums and rules, I too regained my faith. This is a truly stunning project and one that does old WFB great justice. :blush:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 12:56:21 PM »
I'm curious, what exactly made the 7th edition starter good for converting chaos dwarves compared to normal dwarf plastic kits ?

I think it was mainly cost. The 7th ed starter set was cheap, plus excess easily available on eBay.
You get dwarves, easily convertible to Chaos Dwarves. Goblins easily convertible into Hobgoblins.
Sell the excess on eBay, and off you go.
There were a few great online articles about it. CDO I think thrived from it at a time.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline jtrowell

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 03:04:08 PM »
Oh thank you, I didn't think about the fact that gobs would have been useable for hobgobelins, combined with the decent price of the starter kits, this made it a nice option indeed.