home

Author Topic: Plastic Warhammer: Age of Sigmar scenery! - Update Stormcast Eternal  (Read 11310 times)

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re: Plastic Warhammer: Age of Sigmar scenery! - Update Stormcast Eternal
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 03:35:40 AM »
There were not a huge amount of skulls on the manor set or the woods. The arcane ruins on the other hand...
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline knightofthelance

• Members
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 04:09:17 AM »
The mannor kit was the most tempting to me. If it wasn't also the sort of thing that I most like to build I'd likely have sprung for it.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 04:24:51 AM »
Yeah its weird.
I had a bunch of ziterdes houses, and half of the old GW Fortress, but still ended up buying one.
I only ended up assembling the tower, but I used the stone wall obstacles (not the large one) to surround a wheat field.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline The Peacemaker

• Members
  • Baron Karl von Balombine of Wissenland
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2015, 07:56:34 AM »
That looks like a 40k bastion with skulls on it.

....I don't know why they would release more terrain with excessive skulls on it when they just pulled the deathknell watch terrain piece because it wasn't' selling well. Did they not realize that people were not buying it because it had 4 big skulls on it?
For Wissenland and the Countess!!!

My Painting Blog
My Entire Gallery

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2015, 09:14:43 AM »
Wierdly it might sell more if it's described as a Khorne fortress of skulls, than an as an Empire building, with skulls all over it.   Either way it's too much directed at one of the warhammer races, though I guess it could pass for Nagash's new race, and other chaos races.   And not generic, unless it's double sided with the other side of the pieces it has all lightning hammers.

I guess that means in the scenery pipeline we should be seeing

Realmgate Portals
Ophidian Archway
New Realm of Battle boards
Castle Grayskull or rather Castle Khorneskull

And I'm speculating that the other scenery piece spotted in Triumph and Treachery, which was a pillar with gargoyles is probably coming as well.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2015, 02:22:52 PM »
And I'm speculating that the other scenery piece spotted in Triumph and Treachery, which was a pillar with gargoyles is probably coming as well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one!

Offline b0007452

• Members
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2015, 10:59:46 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot about that one!

The GW store manager I spoke to the other day said he'd seen exactly that at an AoS meeting the previous week. Although he thought they were lizards rather than gargoyles. He mentioned that it was specifically in Triumph and Treachery.
:) My Slowly Growing Army of Bogenhafen - http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=44020 :)

Offline Oxycutor

• Members
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2015, 11:25:41 PM »
The Baleful Realmgate and the other bit of scenery, which looks like a dragon-gargoyle thing with a pillar with flame on top are page 23 of Triumph and Treachery.   They also appear on other pages in that book, the portal thing more often.

Offline Osterkicker

• Members
  • "For Sigmar, for Ostermark, for the Empire!"
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 04:28:05 PM »
Ole GW is ramping up for scenery that's for sure, they just jumped the price for the realm of battle board by $40 on their website.  Stay classy, GW.
"Mine may have been a folly, but what a man learns from his mistakes defines his legacy.  Never again shall the Ostermark succumb to my carelessness on the battle field.  For Sigmar, the Ostermark, and the Empire!" -- Wolfram Hertwig

Offline LochNESS

• Members
  • Averland - That's where I am
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »
It also seems that they are preparing the release of a new Realm of Battle set.

It does look fairly awesome though:
Design stays, however, according to my opinion, at least partially something miraculous. -J. Bakema (Architect)

Count of Averland - Check out my boardgame, wargame and hobby blog here!

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
I thought it was only Foundry that sold packs of minis where all the figures were the same  :engel:

Honestly - the pose options look very limited, and for what they cost it all looks very samey and boring.
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2015, 09:03:06 PM »
Yes, but to compensate you get a game of strategic and tactical finesse...
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline LochNESS

• Members
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2015, 09:08:56 PM »
I thought it was only Foundry that sold packs of minis where all the figures were the same  :engel:

Honestly - the pose options look very limited, and for what they cost it all looks very samey and boring.

I was talking about the board, not the minis. Which are pretty awesome BTW... There are only a few duplicates and in general they are rather dynamic for a starter set!
Design stays, however, according to my opinion, at least partially something miraculous. -J. Bakema (Architect)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »
Yes - my bad - I thought Battle Box / Battalion Box.

Still all those minis look so samey - I like a bit of variety in my troopers.
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline LochNESS

• Members
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2015, 09:28:36 PM »
Yes - my bad - I thought Battle Box / Battalion Box.

Still all those minis look so samey - I like a bit of variety in my troopers.

Knights in shiny armour will stay knights in shiny armour... Just as space Marines wool remain Space Marines...