home

Author Topic: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...  (Read 71702 times)

Offline Silvero

• Members
  • Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
Re: Monthly Painting & Scenery Goals 2018 ...
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2018, 06:09:28 AM »
It has been 3 weeks already and I almost forgot to update  ::heretic::

1) Guildball (17 minis) - done
2) Terrorgheist  - halfway thru
3) Ludwig Schwarzhelm - done, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, Luminark/Hurricanum - basic layers
4) Ariel - basic layers
5) 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs - basic layers
6) 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks - halfway thru
7) 5 Space Wolf Inceptors - halfway thru, 1 done
8) Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain and Apothecary - basecoat

Here he is...

Offline Naitsabes

• Members
  • Never slid
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2018, 08:52:22 AM »
nice Ludwig. I see you cut off the stupid winged baby.  :eusa_clap: what does the banner look like now from the back? What bothers me a bit is the way the banner now hangs there in a rather unnatural way. But, the baby had to go so no easy way out there.
The Empire Road to Volganof Last update 18Mar2023 - Pistoliers & Baggage train)

Offline Silvero

• Members
  • Commission painter, at your service!
    • https://www.facebook.com/HeyPaintIt/
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »
Thanks Naitsabes! Ludwig belongs to Warlord, I'm just painting it for him  :smile2: I have actually not realised, that the cherub is missing.This is how it looks from the back...

Also, since on the subject - I'm also painting Luminark/ Hurricanum for him. It aws supposed to be in woodgrain, but while painting the upper part, I realised that it might not look good, so I went with Reikland/Altdorf/Nuln colours. But now these to parts look very different. Any ideas about how to make them look more alike? Thanks!  :blush:

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2018, 04:08:20 PM »
It’s been a funny month, mainly due to a few health problems. I am writing this in bed, still convalescing after a short time in hospital, on a borrowed laptop using one of my backup memory sticks and trying to remember passwords.

I missed the GW competition due to my incarceration, not that I had actually painted anything – but I had built 6 (a)elves in preparation.

After my comments about Yahoo I received an email from them stating that they were going to sell Flickr to SmugMug. I’ve look at SmugMug as a PBucket replacement in the past but they charge so I wasn’t interested and now don’t see how Flickr users will benefit being forced to change from a free account. Real reason I received Yahoo’s email was that I inherited one of their email addresses some years ago which I’ve not been using; however, decided to log in and followed their link to Flickr and behold I already have access to a Flickr account. It’s never been used in past 10 or more years so I’ve put some pictures of my elves on it and will wait and see what happens when Smugmug take over.

Haven't had chance to look at City Watch - next month with luck

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:26 PM »
Finished the scenery for the two tables and then went yesterday to CT for the gaming event.  Much fun was had!

One day to go!  Might take out the 6 mounted crossbowmen.  These were previously a conversion project for a Tilean mercenary group used with the Treachery & Greed army list.  However, they are now going to double for German, Swiss, or Italian historical figures for late medieval & early renaissance, and at be used with Lion Rampant soon.

Updating ...

Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys,2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks
023 ... finish 1 giant left half painted, 2 new giants, 1 ogre.
Warlord ... ?
SOF ... do something wargaming hobby related
Silvero ... 17 of figures for 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 1 of 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Realjuan ... Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.
Naitsabes ... building 20 Reiksguard, painting some pikemen, an Iron Daemon.
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army (Drop pod), OOP Empire Ogre

Completed goals are bolded.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2018, 02:27:33 AM »

By the end of April I succeeded in painting the ogre, finishing the giant from last Big April, and got about halfway through painting one of the two new giants. I spent the better part of one work week out of town, had deadlines and a bunch of overtime the following week, and was sick one weekend. So not a great month for painting.

So for May, I have the following goals:

• Finish the giant from April
  • Paint the two minis I got from Artobans Ghost from the Pleasant Surprises last year
  • Paint at least one other mini, a "spontaneous free choice" mini for the month  :wink:

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2018, 06:01:31 AM »
Well I only manage to build and fix my Haqqislam minis, so I was a bad boy this month.

Great job the rest of you.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2018, 09:10:58 AM »
I'm going to wait till the end of today for folks to finish reporting in on their progress for April, and then I'll post the final tally, and then I'll get the month of May started.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2018, 07:03:46 PM »
I did better then I thought I would at the half way point, but not as good as I said I'd do at the beginning. I managed to paint a rhino tank to table top standard, and also finished up a second squad of 10 tactical marines. So my monthly goal and completed in bold.

Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun. Rhino tank. 10 man tactical squad of space marines.

That waiting box is still waiting...

For May I mostly want to focus on finishing April's goals.

So for May;

Gankom... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith. And continue adding pictures to plog (Even if its just old stuff.)

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2018, 10:53:04 AM »
Ok then, let's do this. Sign me up for the following goals ...

10 Black Knight skelly riders (only part built atm)
16 marching pikemen
24 (I think) Estalian Swordsmen
16 armed peasant-militia
3 mounted Bretonnian characters
16 lovely Bretonnian archers just standing around.

Meanwhile, this is what I completed in April (there was some other stuff but it's packed away somewhat and too bothersome to find):

Mercenary Bretonnian spearmen, plus some standing having a chat, and a wagon with some of their stuff in it. Also a bunch of character-types I need for the stories I'm working on just now.
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2018, 11:36:56 AM »
That unit of spearmen look good!

Updating ... and I added in Padre's accomplishments ...

Ending Tally for April Goals
GP ... scenery for two 6'x4' tables, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen, 10 WW1 28mm French
Artobans ... warboss on wyvern, Warchanter, Warboss on a boar, Great shaman on boar, 20 pigstikkers, 30 arrer boys, 30 orcs with double choppas, 20 orcs with double choppas, rock lobber & crew, 20 ardboys,2 boar chariots, 5 warboars, 5 warboars, 5 warboars
Penguin ... finish painting 40 crossbowmen, 40 pikemen, 6 demigryph riders, and 2 cannons, 2 mortars, 2 helblaster guns, 2 steam tanks
023 ... finish 1 giant left half painted, 2 new giants, 1 ogre.
Warlord ... ?
SOF ... do something wargaming hobby related
Silvero ... 17 of figures for 8 players for Guildball, basecoat and bases done, Finish Terrorgheist, Ludwig Schwarzhelm, Panthers and Blazing sun Grand Masters, basic layers for Luminark/Hurricanum, Ariel, & 5 Howling Griffons Devastators + 2 HQs, 2 Space Wolf Repulsor tanks, 1 of 6 Space Wolf Inceptors, basecoat a Space Wolf Captain, Chaplain & Apothecary.
JAK ... maybe enter painting contest on Aelf, see what’s required to continue with City Watch.
Realjuan ... Build, GreenStuff fix and prime all my Haqqislam Infinity Army.
Naitsabes ... building 20 Reiksguard, painting some pikemen, an Iron Daemon.
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Finish Death Watch Squad 1, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, Take more pictures, update painting plogs, Take pictures of leatherwork and put it up for fun, rhino tank, 10 tactical marines.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army (Drop pod), OOP Empire Ogre
Padre ... Mercenary Bretonnian spearmen, some standing having a chat, a wagon with some stuff in it, a bunch of character-types

« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 12:32:32 PM by GamesPoet »

Offline Shadespyre

• Members
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2018, 12:17:38 PM »
Still set on "move closer to finishing my Space Marine army" but specifically to build and paint my Stormraven Gunship.

Could early June be when I call the army "finished"? Let's wait and see... ::heretic::

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
Will add 20 spiderfangs and my dragon rampant warbands. 12 riflemen, 12 swordsmen, 12 spearmen, 1 priest.
Antogonists : 6 pinkish horror types, base rat ogres and trolls properly, and blue scribes boss - base - and I need another 6 points to even the scales. 
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2018, 12:51:45 PM »
Well for May, I only have till the 18th to complete 31 WW1 28mm French and Senegalese soldiers, plus finish those 6 Mounted 28mm crossbowmen!

Start of Goals for May ...
023 ... Finish the giant from April, 2 minis from Artobans Ghost for Pleasant Surprises, 1 "spontaneous free choice" mini
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, continue adding pictures to plog.
Padre ... 10 Black Knight skelly riders (only part built atm), 16 marching pikemen, 24 Estalian Swordsmen, 16 armed peasant-militia, 3 mounted Bretonnian characters, 16 Bretonnian archers.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army, build & paint Stormraven Gunship.
Artobans Ghost ... 20 spiderfangs, 12 riflemen, 12 swordsmen, 12 spearmen, 1 priest, 6 pinkish horror types, base rat ogres and trolls properly, and blue scribes boss - base and 6 more points.
GP ... 31 WW1 28mm French & Senegalese, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen.

Offline JAK

• Members
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2018, 03:17:31 PM »
Targets for May depending on health:-

1, GW painting competition is Codex Adeptus Mechanicus – only figure I have that is remotely connected is Inquisitor Greyfax from the Triumvirate Of The Imperium collection but even though there was a Adeptus Mechanicus figure in this set I don’t think Greyfax or the other one are – have to see if the manager will accept her as an entry.

2,  see what’s required to continue with City Watch.

3, I have been given a new project – a few neglected finished figures that need may need minor repairs and touch ups – plus a few extra figures that need to be built and painted to complete the set.

4, PhotoBucket replacement – on hold until I see what SmugMug do with my newly discovered Flickr account.

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2018, 07:05:44 PM »
plans set for may

1. finish 16 Prussian infantrymen in preparation for a franco prussian war campaign

2. finish around 36 Anglo Zulu British infantry

3. fill out the hargendorf halberds

4. begin work on the terrain for the town of hargendorf
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2018, 07:23:44 PM »
plans set for may

1. finish 16 Prussian infantrymen in preparation for a franco prussian war campaign

2. finish around 36 Anglo Zulu British infantry

3. fill out the hargendorf halberds

4. begin work on the terrain for the town of hargendorf

This I want to see!👆 Especially those zulus!
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2018, 09:36:46 PM »
nice Ludwig. I see you cut off the stupid winged baby.  :eusa_clap: what does the banner look like now from the back? What bothers me a bit is the way the banner now hangs there in a rather unnatural way. But, the baby had to go so no easy way out there.

I hated that thing. I am pleased that Silvero has painted it so well you don’t even notice. Regarding the way the flag hangs, consider it just a stiff breeze  :engel:

Also, loving your work JAK
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
Oh, and I finished an apple orchard. 12" by 5". Trees bought already flocked, but walls made of fish tank gravel. Bloomin' useful stuff, and so easy to PVA. Just listen to something interesting while you lay your stones one by one.

Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2018, 04:24:38 PM »
Those walls are incredible! What a score!  I will now shamelessly as possible, lift that idea entirely. 😸👆
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2018, 04:54:52 AM »
Great job on Ludwig :::cheers:::
Great job on those wood elf conversions too :eusa_clap:

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2018, 03:15:36 PM »
Looking forward to seeing what Hamster comes up with for terrain!

Metal has been cleaned, heads and some of there arms have been glued on to the bodies.  Priming the 28mm WW1 guys is set for tonight.

Updating Goals for May ...
023 ... Finish the giant from April, 2 minis from Artobans Ghost for Pleasant Surprises, 1 "spontaneous free choice" mini
Gankom ... Spray paint the stuff in the Waiting Box, Start Watch Commander Atriedes, Start on White Dwarf Models, 1 runesmith, continue adding pictures to plog.
Padre ... 10 Black Knight skelly riders (only part built atm), 16 marching pikemen, 24 Estalian Swordsmen, 16 armed peasant-militia, 3 mounted Bretonnian characters, 16 Bretonnian archers.
Shadespyre ... move closer to finishing my Space Marine army, build & paint Stormraven Gunship.
Artobans Ghost ... 20 spiderfangs, 12 riflemen, 12 swordsmen, 12 spearmen, 1 priest, 6 pinkish horror types, base rat ogres and trolls properly, and blue scribes boss - base and 6 more points.
GP ... 31 WW1 28mm French & Senegalese, finish 6 mounted 28mm crossbowmen.
JAK ... 1 Codex Adeptus Mechanicus figure, see what'’s required to continue City Watch, a few neglected finished figures that need may need minor repairs and touch ups, a few extra figures to be built and painted.
hamster ... finish 16 Prussian infantry, finish Anglo Zulu British infantry, fill out the hargendorf halberds, begin work on the terrain for the town of hargendorf
Padre ... an apple orchard. 12" by 5".

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2018, 10:28:17 PM »
okay, so I will put for this month.

Paint the Haqqislam minis.

Hope I dont fail again.
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2018, 04:01:33 AM »
Ok. 20 spiderfangs complete plus 2 big bosses on giant spiders (extra)
Heading for dragon rampant to finish of the Matorean warband.
Have 5 out of 12 spearmen complete
3 out of 12 swordsmen complete
4 out of 12 riflemen complete.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2018, 04:34:56 AM »

I painted my "spontaneous choice" mini. Actually, two of them. Two oldschool undead.