home

Author Topic: Fussilade  (Read 14217 times)

Offline jturner

• Members
Fussilade
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:24:13 AM »
hollaaaaaah.

Edit : title spelling corrected. :icon_redface:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:43:44 PM by jturner »
Quote from: Mathi Alfblut on April 07, 2010, 12:47:56 PM

But the booty was staggering

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
Re: Fullisade
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:54:39 AM »
yup return fusillade to pistoliers and outriders.

"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 03:50:06 AM »
No.

It is not necessary. So many Empire players loved this rule, but you have to move on.

Besides, there are better options (such as an introduction of Demilancers - openning a new thread for this one)
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Marius

• Members
  • One human male giving himself brain surgery
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 06:23:17 AM »
This is the third time I have asked, so just what is fullisade?
You're forgetting that the British Army is made up of transvestites and gigolos. Its our greatest weapon. Taliban are fecking terrified.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
Re:
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 06:32:02 AM »
Fusillade is the pistoliers 6th edition rule where for the first round of combat they could attack with both pistols. Essentially it was an extra attack, coupled with the 6th edition rulebook which allowed pistols to be shot the first round of combat. So they had 2 attacks at s4 -2 AS plus the horse in the first round when they charged.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 06:32:42 AM »
In 6th edition pistoliers could use pistols in close combat also granting them two attacks S4 armour piercing each, if you add a WP you could go up to 12 attacks S4 in the charge all armour piercing it made pistoliers quite deadly on the charge.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
It was a great rule and didnt need removing and should be the first one back in, maked pistoleers a choice over outriders again (which I hate as the most broken unit in the empire and utterly lacking in fluff, though I may be alone in this)
We go to gain a little patch of ground that hath in it no profit but the name.
The Free Company of Solland

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline Mogsam

• Members
  • Resident Jewish Panda
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:30 PM »
I hate outriders. 18 shots from 6 guys is silly. Then again Fullisade makes Pistolers too good.

Mogsam
Curse you and your ability to stay within the lines.

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
I hate outriders. 18 shots from 6 guys is silly. Then again Fullisade makes Pistolers too good.

Mogsam

But fusilade is only on the charge, 1st round, its like knights with lances, the shock of impact to break the enemy, if they hold, uh-oh.

How about giving pistoleers (and any other missile armed mounted troops) the "fire AND flee" option, which represents how they were more used?

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline jturner

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 01:12:16 PM »
 We already have the pistoliers, AND kislev. Just incorporate them like they used to and let the kislevites be the demilancers. The fullisade rule gave the pistoliers an opportunity to have some punch when they charged...but only that. I got wrecked by a unit of dwarf x bowmen because I charged them...in the rear! Tipped the game to a draw from a win (mine).
  Furthermore, coupled with the fact that they no longer can even possible get a rank bonus, it minimizes their real impact in a 7th ed world.
  Fullisade makes sense. Would you be whipping people with your pistol butt if you had loaded pistols and were charging into combat?

How about this. If the unit chooses has not shot in the previous shooting phase, they may use the fullisade rule?
Quote from: Mathi Alfblut on April 07, 2010, 12:47:56 PM

But the booty was staggering

Offline Obi

• Members
  • Rest in peace Nate
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 02:13:53 PM »
If the pistoliers have fussilade, always s&s and no penalty for moving and shooting should be removed. Frankly I like those more. I think the flee & shoot would be nice though.

-EDIT-

Or the option to unleash a volley when charging (like S&S), to take away rank bonuses or something.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 04:12:26 PM by Obi »
Hello Athiuen and welcome to the Back Table.

caveat lector
I killed a duck with a spear, can't read train timetables though
"To be is to do"-Socrates;
"To do is to be"-Sartre;
"Do Be Do Be Do"-Sinatra

Offline MagicJuggler

• Members
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »
Or just make it so that fusilade only works when the pistoliers in question are charging, and not simply on the first round of combat.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 06:23:46 PM »

Mogsam

But fusilade is only on the charge, 1st round, its like knights with lances, the shock of impact to break the enemy, if they hold, uh-oh.

How about giving pistoleers (and any other missile armed mounted troops) the "fire AND flee" option, which represents how they were more used?

Great minds think alike...

http://www.asrai.org/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14298#p183477

I think MJ's suggestion is more suited to the pistoliers though.
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Feanor Fire Heart

• His Royal Highness
  • Members
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

Mogsam

I could get behind that.  :::cheers:::
Something we as painters and hobbyists should always remember:
“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
― Jake the Dog

Offline patsy02

• Members
  • Moderator in charge of Gender Equality (Honorary)
Re: Fussilade
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2009, 03:44:10 PM »
Bring back the fusillade!
I agree with the inhumane treatment of animals.

Offline der Hurenwiebel

• Members
  • Adversus Malum Pugnamus
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:30 AM »
If no fusillade then for sure go with fire and flee, and other WAB light cavalry type rules like fall back in good order and fast march.
"DEfighter wrote:
Hey, trolls stay the hell out, this is a serious thread. Empire are cheese. 2 steam tanks, a war altar and 4 cannons is so obviously overpowered. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly hasn't had their dragon shot down on turn 1 yet."

oh really now.  LOL ROFLMAO oh the irony.

Offline Zalminen

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 01:39:39 PM »
Fire and flee gets my vote as well.

It just feels more ... right.

Offline t12161991

• Members
  • Let's Go Blue!
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 02:43:16 AM »
But how do humans get it when elves don't? Being faster, more agile, more dexterous and all?
Grutch:  Careful, someone I know on a forum I visit works for Sony.  He says they aren't to be trusted.

Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
The leaders and best!

10-2

Offline Uryens de Crux

• Members
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 12:33:30 PM »
Training, culture, aptitude for war...same reason no one else has detachements, empire has better cannon then dwarves, dwarves forgot how to make flamethrowers, Empire forgot how to use warwagons etc.

The Barony of Wusterburg

Offline TheAmazingAntman

• Members
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2009, 11:27:20 PM »
Back in 5th edition, High Elf Ellyrian Reaver Knights had a fire and flee special rule in which they could fire and then flee using 1d6 less then normal...if I remember correctly.

As for fusillade, Pistoliers have been fairly balanced in both 6th and 7th edition despite their radically different function.  Giving Pistoliers fusillade without changing how pistols work will make them a crazy versatile unit...and probably increase their points cost.

For fluff reasons, I tend to prefer the way they function now, as a harassing unit that tries to stay out of combat.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:42:18 AM by TheAmazingAntman »

Offline MagicJuggler

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
Another idea I'm thinking could be to make Fusilade operate as a hybrid between Lance Formation, and the Screamer slash attack...

Declare a unit you wish to fusilade against during the charge phase. You must move full speed at it, but may move through the unit. When you do, all your front-rank and flank pistoliers (think Lance Formation) may perform their shooting attacks against the unit. Units may elect to flee but can be caught/destroyed as normal...if they escape, the pistoliers move foward as a failed charge...

Pistoliers can attempt to fusilade multiple units in a row, provided they're all on a straight line and they can move their full 16".

Of course, I would probably like to see Pistoliers as core still but that seems to have people angry...

Offline Lord Etharion

• Members
  • RIP Rufas
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2009, 11:36:15 PM »
Fusilade makes pistoliers more powerful on the charge than knights. Leave it out.
Quote from: Shadowlord
Moo-moo land here I come.
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
I only wish moo-moo land didn't have an internet connection.

Offline Ganymede

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2009, 12:28:40 AM »
I agree... if Pistoliers are too good in hand to hand, we'll never need to get inner circle knights. That's a bad thing.

Offline MagicJuggler

• Members
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2009, 04:56:05 PM »
Of course, this is still only a turn 1 affair, and if the unit doesn't break (stubborn/unbreakable units are the rage these days), then the pistoliers will die...horribly. I didn't see people complain about it in 6th edition (of course we had the superhellblaster then) so why complain now?

Offline Ganymede

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2009, 06:22:52 PM »
Inner Circle Knights were still core back then. Now they compete directly with pistoliers.