home

Author Topic: Empire wins best painted and best general at RT in Rochester NY  (Read 1880 times)

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
I participated in a strange, but fun, tourney last weekend at a local hobby store.  The event had 2 4v4 battles and the best general was chosen from the winning sides.  Keep in mind that we only played in one 4v4 game each...as there were 16 participants.  There was a twist of a possible traitor after turn 2 but this did not come up in my game. 

Teams were chosen and I was given, by my teammates, the role of marshall for my side.  I directed the deployment of our armies and led the overall strategy of the battle.  Of course, each player was responsible for his own force once battle began.  I set up in the center of the 18' table with dark elves to my left and brets and ogres moving outward from my right flank.  We did not spread our armies about the table as our opponents did (dwarves, Grimgor's boyz, skaven, and mixed chaos).  Of course, we wanted to preserve our own leadership bubbles.  This was my Empire list:

Empire General
Full plate, great weapon, handgun         108

Captain on Pegasus
Heavy armor, shield, pistol, lance         116

Priest
Heavy armor, great weapon         98

Fire Wizard (lv1)
Wizard’s staff (10 pt magic item)         75

25 Spearmen w/ shields (full command)      170
Detachment: 9 Halberdiers         45
Detachment: 7 Free Company         35

25 Swordsmen (full command)         175
Detachment: 9 Halberdiers         45

10 Handgunners
Marksman w/ Hochland            105

19 Greatswords (full command)         210
Detachment: 8 Handgunners         64
Detachment: 8 Handgunners         64

Great Cannon            100

Mortar               75

Helblaster                            110

Steam Tank            300

Character total:      397
Core total:         680
Special total:      513
Rare total:         410
Army total:         2000

The battle was competitive for the first few turns, and our Ogre player was routed by chaos when the bret player did not come to his aid...but on the whole, we dominated the table.  This was clear when I spent the last 2 turns moving my war machines around and arranging my army into a cool looking battle line.

Best painted was decided by the group of 16 participants (I abstained from voting), I won $25 in store credit for that.  I was also named best genaral which carried a prize of $90 in store credit...a nice haul for the day.  I used a portion of the credit to get more state troops and the new warrior priest with hw/shield.

I was very pleased with how the army performed, especially as part of the larger group.  The captasus was awesome in its cannon hunter role (though it did get hit first turn but a 1 was rolled to wound).  The tank killed a giant, orc shaman, and delivered the killer blow to Grimgor's unit, causing him to be run down.  BTW, Grimgor was disgusting...he killed my priest, spear unit, 7 greatswords, and a detachment of gunners before being overwhelmed.

If anyone wants, I will try to take some pics of my Talabheim army.  It has a nice mix of OOP metal models, 6th and 7th ed plastics and stuff.  Except for the spears and guns which are mostly the starter figs...but they are still sweet looking.   
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline wissenlander

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • The original Graf of Brennenburg
Re: Empire wins best painted and best general at RT in Rochester NY
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 03:49:57 PM »
Good job!  That's pretty sweet, Imperial Marshal leads mixed allied contingent to victory.  It would've been cool if the Dark Elf and the Dwarf could've switched spots, but oh well.  Sounds like a fun event, I'd like to do something like that.
Me and Wissenlander had babies!

not together.

finding photographic evidense that Wiss smiles is going to be hard...

Offline Wyzer1

• Members
  • ^My Pic - Stuff I say ->
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
Niceness... Pics would be welcome!

So you made over a $100 playing warhammer in one night? Ive spent well over $100 on many nights! Top that! :icon_cry: :icon_cry:
Long time Wood Elf and Empire player with newly acquired High Elves

Offline The Real Rick Salamone

• Members
  • Kelly Clarkson Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 02:10:54 AM »
I posted a few pictures in the painting section...more to come.
EEFL!
Eighth Edition for Life!

Join us at:

eefl.freeforums.net

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 07:54:34 AM »
Ooooooo, with that much store credit I'd actually buy those upcoming Empire buildings!!

Congratulations on the win!!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT