home

Author Topic: The Dark Elves Are Upon Us (rpg)  (Read 24841 times)

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
The Dark Elves Are Upon Us (rpg)
« on: February 25, 2004, 01:58:59 AM »
After the Men of the Empire set upon the ramparts they saw there enemies approaching lead by a large unit of Cold One Knights beast striking fear into the hardiest of men!  The Cold Ones outnumbered all the Knights atleast 4 to 1 if they met in an open field the knights would be destroyed!  Far on the East & South side of the town a large force atleast 10 times the dark elf forces size set in wait! Still all the men facing these goblins and kobalds and other dark elf slaves would rather fight these beast then a dark elf any day!

A Dark Elf mage started to chant her voice booming through the sky she raised up off the cold one she was riding too about 50 feet in the air where she continued chanting as a huge black ball of energy kept growing above her head! <---problem!

Charles ordered his greatswords in the courtyard to get ready A great horn sounded and the Dark Elf army attacked coming in hard!  Charles yelled above it all "too Siiiiiggggggggmmmmmmaaaaaaarrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

OCC: good luck boys there upon you! :)
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Defender of Ulthuan

• Members
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
Mycal's archer regiment put arrow to bow....
" pick your targets, aim true my brothers" Mycal yelled.

White arrows flew above the ramparts.. Landing in the ranks of slaves..
The human archers couldnt aim so true.. Cursing my elven archers..
Jealously was present here.,....
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline Vek

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 03:31:36 AM »
Vek looked at the asembled dark elf host, and shook his head. It was a dire day indeed when the men of the Empire are outnumbered by elves...He looked at his men. "Right! Aim for those Cold One Knights. They're the biggest threat. Aim....FIRE!"

There was a loud crack, as the handgunners loosed a volley of shots. Unfortunatly, the Dark Elves armour held strong, and only 2 elves fell.

Vek mutters to himself. "Well...it'll be easier when they're closer". He looked over at his men. "Right! Reload!". As the men set aboun reloading their weapons, Vek wiped a bit of dirt from the lens of his Hochland scope, and started looking for a target. He saw the mage, and the giant black ball of energy growing above her head. He looked through the scope, focusing. He made a quick guess for distance, adjusted the crosshairs up and to the right a tad, to account for wind. He prayed to Sigmar that, if he missed, the young Shadow Mage would be able to contain the spell. He took a deep breath, let it half out, and pulled the trigger

OOC - I'll leave it up to Warrior2006 if the bullet hits. : )
--Vek

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 03:53:55 AM »
Seeing Veks concern.. The archer unit aims again....
This time his arrows have a mind of there own...
Hitting the helmets of Cold one Knights..
4 falling...
Then taking Veks lead..
Waiting for the Elves to come closer....
Im a Drama Setter gripping my beretta sipping armeretta man you crazy if u think im gon let up

Offline dead 'ard greatsword

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 07:39:10 AM »
Matthew prepares to fire his 'reliable' weapon into the cold-one knights
four of the Druchii nobility fall dead with holes in their chest...
their 'blue' blood oozing to the ground.......
Matthew also loads his repeater pistol for when the Druchii come into combat.....

OCC: and are their any other things threatening us spearmen, Xbowmen, repeater bolt throwers
i'm back and better than ever...
i'm back from making things better...

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Lord Of The Flaggelents Of Nuln

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 10:12:41 AM »
Seeing the threat of the sorceress, Lethair starts an incantation to stop the growing ball of darkness above her head

Meanwhile, the huntsmen around him shot at the approaching dark elves, shooting down 3 with their war-trained accuracy.

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 01:34:43 PM »
The elves are upon the walls, High Elf archers retreat to the lower floor. Raising their arrows again for what seems to be the last shot..
They do..8 Dark warriors fall...
Then they drop their bows and pull out their swords..

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 04:42:17 PM »
OOC: Which wall is the bloody gate on? I assume on the north, since it would be the CoKs only way in.

Aim for the cold ones! Fire!

Five cold one knights drop from the handgun fire. Elves may hit better, but Empire bullets don't rebound off armour, Konrad thinks. Konrad sees an idle bunch of stable peasants inside the walls right below the wall, tending the pistoliers' horses.

Ahoy, peasants! Come up here and load the handguns for us! If ye wish to be fed during the siege, you better start earning it so that the smarter ones can concentrate on the shooting.

The peasants hurry up to the rampart, grabbing additional handguns from a rack and starting to load them. Konrad suddenly feels the air around him becoming hotter and drier, blowing away from him towards a Sorceress flying in the sky with a black vortex above her head.

I know not what she does, but let's kill her just in case, Konrad thinks. He takes aim with his repeater handgun, and lets loose three bullets in a concentrated burst towards her.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders

Offline Emerald_Hunter

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 05:41:35 PM »
Coldur felt excluded, he could hear the twang of the bows and the cracks of the handguns but he could not see what else was happening. His horse was prancing nervously on the stop and Coldur was sweating. He loosened his sword in its scarrard for the millioneth time. His second in command saw this and grabbed his hand at the wrist, "stop doing that, you'll be fine. Me an the lads wont let you get hurt."
Eagles may soar but weasels dont get sucked into jet engines

Offline Vek

• Members
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2004, 08:14:08 PM »
Not watching to see if the bullet hits, Vek turns to look at the now-close COKs, and then turns to his men "Right! Again at the Knights! Aim.....FIRE!!"

Again the crack of handgunner fire. At such short range, it was almost impossible to miss. 7 of the Knights fell, dead.

Vek smiled. That was more like it. "Right, reload!" He looked around, trying to find the spearmen detachment that had been given to him. Finally, he noticed them loitering around. "Sergeant! Get your men to the wall, NOW!" The Spearmen hussled up to the ramparts, ready to repell the elves that would try to scale the wall. Vek quickly reloaded the Hochland, and started looking for another target. He saw that there were not many Cold One Knights left. He sighted in on the Champion, identifiable by the sword he carried instead of a lance. He placed the crosshairs slightly above the Elf's left eye, smiled, and pulled the trigger. There was a loud crack, the gun jumped, and the champion fell from his saddle, a hole where his left eye once was.
--Vek

• Members
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2004, 09:05:10 PM »
"Reload ya scurvy dogs" yells Matthew, wait for it, wait for it, c'mon
FIRE!!!!!! *BAM*Thatt'll teach them elves a lesson, bows to high elves "i don't mean you fine elves"

Fear The Pedigree!!!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2004, 09:37:58 PM »
OCC:  I thought we had silverhelms where these elven archers come from?  Dangit o well ill let you have them the battle has already started and i didnt specify your 2nd unit couldnt be elves!

The sourceror launches the huge black ball towards the north wall aiming to blow it wide just as she releases it she jolts a little she looks down to see that a smilying sniper on the wall had shot her she curses her last curse and falls from the sky landing in the midst of the cold ones which fight over her corpse!

Rathis desperately tries to dispell the huge black ball he manages to decrease its power substantually to a tenth of what it was but its still nails the northern gate blowing it to pieces the cold ones look dumb while there masters order them to charge through the opening!

Dark Elf warriors are starting to scale the walls on ladders all troops are now being charged choose a reaction!  For the East and South wall the first wave of slaves is mainly kobolds and goblins choose your charge reaction!  *You may have oil to pour also*

The knights hearing the large explosion and seeing the gait explode in prepare to fight the cold ones!  Note:  you are out numbered make sure you can fight them on equal terms perhapse surround the gate!

The Cold ones come marching in finally but stop abruptly being stupid again knights your call!

WHERE IS OUR HELLBLASTER SOMEONE FIRE IT AT THE COLD ONES :)
A man that fights his own battles, and licks his own wounds, is a man that chooses his own fate, and lives his own doom!

User#364

Offline Rathis Darkwielder

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2004, 10:25:18 PM »
@huntsmen:
Fire at the warriors scaling the eastern wall, make them pay for every step the tread upon this castle!

The huntsmen obey Lethair's orders and start shooting every elven head that appears above the battlements...

@halberdiers:
keep those ladders away from these walls

The halberdiers desperately try to push all the ladders away with their halberds, but realise that there are simply too much. As the first goblins come up the ladders the halberdiers easily manage to kill them, but slowly more and more goblins start to come up the walls...

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 11:37:06 PM »
The High Elven archers again tell Warrior that they have a place in this fight..
The Dark  Elves are their hated foe...

Mycal and his archers take heart and run up the stairs to the rampart..

Willing to sell their lives to aid the Empire.. As the Phoenix King has plans for it..

Melcore and his Helms, are waiting for the turn to charge.. It will come..

Offline Vek

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2004, 12:32:23 AM »
Vek ducks, cursing, as the main gate is blown apart. "RIGHT! Handgunners, at the closest elf unit. AIM.....FIRE!"

A third time there is the crack of handgunner fire, and 8 of the nearest spearelves die.

"Excellent. Reload!" He turns to the spearmen Sergeant. "Start kicking away those ladders, and send men to bring the boiling oil. Quickly now, they are almost upon us!". As the Sergeant started barking orders to his men, Vek looked around, and saw a spare Repeater Pistol. Knowing that the Elves would soon be upon them, he grabbed the Pistol and stuck it in his belt. Then he, again, cleaned a bit of sawdust off the Hochland lens, and searched for one last target, before the elves got too close. In one of the spearmen units, he spotted something unusual about the unit standard bearer. While all the spearmen in the unit were clad in a light scale mail, the standard bearer was clad in heavy armour. It dawned on Vek that this could be the Battle Standard Bearer, and he took aim once again. Mutting a prayer to Sigmar, he placed the crosshairs 3 inches above the neck of the Noble, hoping that the drop would cause it to hit the Noble in the throat, which would be almost certain death. He took a deep breath, let it half out, and pulls the trigger...
--Vek

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 01:19:22 AM »
Veks shots sails true but is suddenly deflected bye a flash of blue energy Vek shakes his head hating magic.  You made me miss!

Charles in the court yard starts yelling up for someone to fire the hellblaster they need that shot too weaken the cold one knights that our pouring through the gate right under the deadly machine!  He turns knights form ranks Greatswords beat at the ready!  Charge when ready after someone fires that hellblaster!

The east wall is almost having fun slaughtering the kobolds one militia slices a kobold and waits for another of the stupid beast to come up the ladder so he can bang it on the head with his hammer he hits the next beast on the head too little affect as the minotaur jumps up onto the wall and grabs the man bye the throat and tosses over the wall! <<<---trouble!

User#364

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 01:24:18 AM »
High Elf archers shoot... Their arrows are true but lack the power to pierce the hide of the Minotaur..
The Minotaur screaming for blood, he attacks the Elves..
And attack he does, their light armor wasnt enough to deflect his blows..
Melcore enraged far beyond of what an Elf should be..
He orders a charge, lances pierce his skin, where the arrows failed..
The monster screams then falls.
Melcore dismounts his horse, and says a prayer to his fallen archers..Then mounts again......

Offline Vek

• Members
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 02:50:46 AM »
OOC - Damn it. I typed out this long thing, and Explorer crashed, and it's gone. *sigh*

Vek blinks, then shakes his head, muttering something about the "damned elves and their damned magic". Reloading, he yells at the Sergeant. "Have some of the men pour the Boiling Oil, and have the rest stand ready to repel the elves as they come up the wall. Remember to keep your shields up. Those repeater crossbows can fire quick, but they have all the strength of a Lasgun shot." The Sergeant cocked his head to the side quizzically. "A what, sir?". Vek hesitated, then sighed. "Never mind. Just keep those shields up." "Yes sir", and the Sergeant was off, barking orders to his men.

Vek turned, and noticed the Cold Ones coming through the smashed gate. Yelling over his shoulder to the handgunners: "Right! One last round at the Knights! Aim....FIRE!"

Again, the crack of a handgunner volley. Again, 7 Elves are pitched from their mounts, dead.

Vek smilied grimly. That just about evened up the numbers, Knight vs Knight. It was up to the Empire Knights and Infantry now. Having finished reloading his Hochland, Vek turned his attention back to the Noble BSB. He, and the unit, had stopped marching. Vek once again compulsivly cleaned his Hochland lens, then sighted in on the Noble. He centred the crosshairs on the Noble's forehead, but, remembering the magic, decided to try a different shot. He moved the crosshairs over the pole that the Noble was holding, that had the Banner attached to it. He knew this shot was going to be difficult, but there was no better target at the moment. He muttered a quick prayer to Sigmar, and gently pulled the trigger...
--Vek

• Members
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 03:32:41 AM »
This was the time of Knights and men now...
Melcore raised his elven hand...His Knights were ready...
His handed fell... 10 elves steeds galloped on the stone floor.....

Their Lances killing many .....
After the charge empire soldiers charge into battle...

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 03:57:43 AM »
Charles yells in dismay there were onyl 150 empire knights and still 250 cold ones!  He sends some men to have Vek shoot the hellblaster and poor the 2 pots of oil above the gate!  He orders the men to charge trying to keep the majority of the cold ones on the far side of the gate in firing range!

A second wave of kobolds and Orcs come charging in on the east and south sides!  The militia there are hard pressed due to the enemy no longer needing ladders but just climing the bodies of the dead that have mounted up / to the wall!  The enemy slaves would face 10 humans before facing a Dark Elf!

Rathis gets hit with a lightning bolt and is wounded but not too badly he looks out in front of him as a Dark Elf Mage tries to attempt another one of her spells she is standing in a blue vortex like shield half laughing evily half casting a spell!

Veks shot nips the the pole and takes out a nearby soldier the noble looks back not angry about the lost life but about a second shot heading his way he orders the charge and his Dark elf spearmen lock up combat with Vek and his men! <--after messenger arrived!

Offline WARRIOR2006

• Members
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2004, 03:59:40 AM »
OCC: me above!

User#364

• Members
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2004, 04:10:24 AM »
handgunners, fire at the corsairs (it is.. a raiding party, corsairs like to raid)
Hellblaster opens fire on the Cold One Knights downing many just before the silverhelms charge, he pulls out repeater pistol and shoots the sea-dragon cloaked head he see's
MatthewI Should have been a tavern owner like Maa said... i hate close combat..
OCC: warrior are we allowed to pick up equipmen, like Xbow sea dragon cloak, full plate armor from dead knights.... please,

Fear The Pedigree!!!

• Members
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 04:19:58 AM »
The allied men and elves seemed to outnumbered.. But how Melcore thought...

The hellblaster had aided the Helms alot.. But the lances had broken...
The Helms were using swords against the foul orcs..
So dirty they were....
Melcore asking the Elector count for command of some men...
The EC answer was.......

Offline Vek

• Members
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 04:20:49 AM »
Vek swears, and, seeing the Dark Elves closing, pulls the repeater pistol from his belt. He points at 2 of the men. "You two, get to the Hellblaster. NOW!" As they run off, he looks at the rest of the Handgunner. "Right, Stand and Shoot. Aim...FIRE!"

The now-familiar crack of Handgun fire is heard. The first rank of the Druchii Spearmen are wiped out

Vek yells to the Spearmen Sergeant "Charge the flank. Quickly now!". "Draw swords" Vek yells to the handgunners, and then the Druchii were upon them. Vek pointed his repeater pistol at the head of the Noble carring the banner, and gentle squeezed the trigger 3 times.

OOC-Ok, now for the Hellblaster...

Ractur looked over his shoulder at the Handgunner as they engaged the Druchii, and whispered a quick prayer to Sigmar. He and his companion reached the Hellblaster, and quickly turned it to face the Cold One Knights. Turning the crank and lighting the fuse, they are rewarded with a series of loud cracks and bangs. Almost 20 of the Cold One Knights were killed by the blast. Quickly, Ractur and his companion set about reloading the Hellblaster, hoping to get in another shot before the inevitable charge.

OOC - I don't know where those Pistoliers are, but I could sure use a hand. Help? My guy is a sniper, not a fighter. : )
--Vek

Offline megamac20817

• Members
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 05:59:54 AM »
THe Greatswords await the EC's orders.
You can give a man a sword, but that won't make him a soldier.
You can give a man a pen, but that won't make him a writer.