home

Author Topic: FREE Warlord Games pdfs  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
Re: FREE Warlord Games pdfs
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 03:59:33 PM »
Probably trying to increase their emailing list?  Ok, done and downloaded.  Don't know if I'll ever use them though.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 06:42:25 PM »
Thank you Mids!!
All saved and stored on iCloud. Black powder migh put my Napoleonics to use 😺
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline ZeroTwentythree

• Members
  • i'm a mercenary doom bringer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 09:31:26 PM »
Thanks. Already own hardcopies of HC & BP, but like having PDFs for travel & reference. Will be interested tosee how P&S fits into the basic mechanics.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 05:48:13 AM »
They do require a lot of info before you download them, i thought it would be only email address. Or did I do something wrong?
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 07:18:02 AM »
I have had an account for a while anyway, and just take advantage of their deals.

They do a variety of deals quite often where there is a price saving, and then you find you qualify for free postage at a reasonable figure.

Also not buying for a while has seen a couple of 15% off emails arrive - which work on some of the 'bulk' deals too. I use their wishlist to keep a track of what "I might like"  :engel:

@023 I also have all 3 hard back copies, but I did speculate that these might have errata and corrections as my books are a few years old, as well as the advantage of the different format.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 04:34:54 PM »
They do require a lot of info before you download them, i thought it would be only email address. Or did I do something wrong?

I had to give an address but no credit card info or anything like that. I did it anyway, three free books and it's a company I actually plan to order from at some point.

I like the looks of the books. I have Hail Caesar floating around in hard cover, but I like having PDF's for when I'm sitting around planning things. Both Black powder and Pike and Shotte look pretty good as well.

Offline Realjuan

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 04:46:10 PM »
Correct is not terrible, I didnt expect address or phone number...but I suppose you can write anything since they should not be saving it.

Even then, great value :D
Trading Orcs for Empire
"Gratitude is a duty which ought to be paid, but which none have a right to expect" Jean Jacque Rousseau

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 05:00:26 PM »
As always, such offers really aren't "free".  However, if I recall, there was an opt out for part of their emails.

I don't want the advertising, I know they are there, and can order if I'm in the mood.  However, they'll get some folks who will opt into the additional emails, and they already know how many of these books have been sold since they started, and probably figure giving out free pdfs is no big deal.

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

Offline hamster

• Members
  • doesn't have pictures of the sprue
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 07:11:30 PM »
excuse me while I buy an industrial printer to get these properly made
There is no wrong state to play as, except for middenland

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2018, 07:23:41 PM »
 :icon_lol:  I was contemplating printing them as well, but the amount of ink they'd take up, eek!