home

Author Topic: TDG 3: Get in on the action!  (Read 13583 times)

Offline Holy Hand Grenade

• Members
  • Never leave the Province without it...
TDG 3: Get in on the action!
« on: October 21, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »
Tactical Decision Game 3.0:  Get in the Action

If you have not followed along in past TDGs…now is your chance!  We are starting a brand new one and it is time for you to get in on the action!  Especially since most of you are pumped about the new Empire FAQ that is out…let’s put it to the test!

Tactical Decision Games are a way to explore Empire strategy and tactics as a forum.  The goal is to share ideas and learn.  The way this is achieved is by pausing a game between Empire and another foe at critical points in a battle to get forum input on what decisions they would make at that junction.  There are no right or wrong answers, just different ways of achieving objectives.  The majority’s voice wins and then we proceed from there.

In the first TDG, Empire infantry was tested against an Ogre Deathstar.
In the second, Empire had two teams of heavy cavalry that faced a tough Dark Elf ist.

In this TDG, we are going to test out a Griffon Formation with an opponent to be determined.
(See the Griffon Formation thread if you don’t know what I am referring to).

Like the last TDG, we are going to start making decisions before we even put one model on the table-  during list creation. 

Getting Started

What you need to do is get your Empire book out, pencil and paper (or whatever list building program you use) and fashion a 2500 point list that has at least one Griffon Formation in it.  It can be a standard Griffon, Half Griffon, or inverted Griffon Formation.

Griffon Formation guidelines for list-building:

--Must have one horde of at least 40 (can include characters in that total)
--Horde must have 1 or 2 detachments (1 for a Half Griffon, 2 for all others)
--Must include Archer screeners/diverters
--Using Archer as a Wizard bunker is preferable as well

Spend all the other points as you see fit.  No composition restrictions.

We will vote on which list we like the most and will move forward from there.
As long as the list we pick does well, I think we will run it against multiple opponents in future TDGs.

Once you have completed your army list post it in this thread similar to the below format.  Please give it a unique name as well so when we vote I will use names instead of numbers to avoid all confusion.  You can include point costs for each unit but it is unnecessary in the beginning.  When we pick the final list we will post all its point values in detail for final tweaking/adjustments.  Finally, give us a explanation of why we should vote for your list and how you see it working in action.

Example:  “Ulric’s Own” Half-Griffon Formation 2500

Arch Lector (Gen)  WAltar with Horn of Sig
          Sword of Might, Charmed Shield, White Cloak of Ulric, OTS

14 Inner Circle Knights FC, Lances
          Warrior Priest  Dragonhelm

48 Greatswords  FC, Standard of Discipline
          Warrior Priest  Ironcurse Icon
          Captain (BSB)  Sword of Battle, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone

18 Swordsmen Detachment   

10 Archers Musician
          5 Archer Detachment

10 Archers Standard Bearer
          Lvl 4 Heavens Wizard Dispel Scroll 

Steam Tank

I think this list will kick ass because….blah, blah, blah.

------------------------------------------------------

I am hoping for at least 10 lists, but the more the merrier.

:::cheers:::
HHG
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

HHG's TDG/TEG Dice Tracker

Offline Dnic

• Members
Re: TDG 3: Get in on the action!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »
Altdorf Elite - inverted Griffon & Griffon Wing

Inverted Griffon
38*Greatswords FC, standard of discipline
        Warrior priest (gen) great weapon, amour of meteoric iron
        Captiain Battle standard, fullplate, talisman of preservation, enc shield

19*Halberdiers Det
        19*Halberdiers Det

Griffon Wing
11*Archers
         Wizard lord Level 4, heaven, dispel scroll

5*Archers Det
         5*Archers Det

10*Crossbowmen

5*Archers Det
        5*Archers Det

Engineer     

Helblaster

Greater cannon

Hammer
12*Knight FC, lance, inner circle, banner of eternal flame

Steam tank

Chaff
5*Pistoliers Champion, musician, repeater pistol

This list have won 3 out of 4 battles.

The inverted Griffon Formation in combination with Knights and Stank make it stong in the close combat fase.
+ the 4 small achers units and the pistoliers lets the list choose it fights.

Engieer + helblaster is pure awesome. And with a Griffon Wing fomation, it is vary hard for the enemy to get to them.
I normal deploy the helblaster and the greater cannon close to each other, so the engineer can help who need it must.

I have a warrior priest as general  because he is cheap. And 9LD is enough.

Heaven - yeah we all so how good it is, in the last TGD - green ;)

PS. I hope my English is good enough  :happy:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:12:16 PM by Dnic »

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:42:56 PM »
Time for me to get a list in this time. Here is:

MrA's Upside Down and a Little Sideways Griffon Formation!

It's basically an Inverted Griffon, more or less. No Steam Tank but some other fun stuff. Now with added Pistoliers. Anyway:

General of the Empire - 203
 - Full Plate, Barded Warhorse, White Cloak of Ulric, Sword of Might, Charmed Shield

Wizard Lord - 200
 - Lore of Heavens

Captain of the Empire - 101
 - Battle Standard, Full Plate, Enchanted Shield, Luckstone

Captain of the Empire - 155
 - Full Plate, Shield, Dragon Helm, Lance, Dawnstone, Potion of Foolhardiness, Imperial Pegasus

Warrior Priest - 69
 - Hammer, Heavy Armour, Shield

Warrior Priest - 69
 - Hammer, Heavy Armour, Shield

38 Halberdiers - 258
 - Full Command
* 16 Halberdiers - 96
 - Detachment
* 12 Free Company - 72
 - Detachment

10 Archers - 70
* 5 Archers - 35
 - Detachment
* 5 Free Company - 30
 - Detachment

9 Inner Circle Knights - 260
 - Full Command, Gleaming Pennant

23 Greatswords - 298
 - Full Command, Standard of Discipline
* 12 Free Company - 72
* 5 Archers - 35

5 Pistoliers - 100
 - Musician

Great Cannon - 120

Helblaster Volley Gun - 120

Celestial Hurricanum - 130

Total: 2498

Basically the list is built to prove that Helblasters do not NEED an Engineer, Free Company can be useful and effective, Generals of the Empire are also good and one does not need a Steam Tank, even if it does make things easier.

The extra diverter detachment on the Greatswords gives extra flexibility on a flank. The Pistoliers clean up chaff, hunt war machines etc. in combo with the Captasus and Knights as needs must. The Cannon and HVG take out monsters and elites. The core of the army functions a little like the Double Headed Griffon but with a weak flank in the smaller unit of Greatswords. These can however make an excellent and very sharp and pointy anvil to hold up a unit until the Halberdiers and/or Knights arrive to win the combat.

It's an agressive Inverted, Double Headed, Griffon Wing, except it has a limp and a dodgy wing, and likes shouting stuff like "Get off mah lawn!" while angrily shaking its walking stick...
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:04:01 PM by MrAbyssal »
There are three things each man judges another man by;

1. The size of his codpiece
2. The amount of skulls he carries
3. The length of his feather

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 03:20:15 PM »
Librisrouge's Griffony Griffon of Griffonness

Arch-Lector - AoMI, Great Weapon, Crown of Command, Luckstone - 195

Wizard Lord - Lore of Metal, Lvl 4 - 200

CotE (BSB) - FPA, Enchanted Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Dragonbane Stone - 107

Engineer - 65
Engineer - 65

Witch Hunter - Brace of Pistols - 55

48 Halberdiers - FC - 318
 Det. Swordsmen x20 - 140
 Det. Halberdiers x20 - 120

Archers x10 - 70
Archers x5 - 35
Archers x5 - 35

Archers x10 - 70
Archers x5 - 35
Archers x5 - 35

Archers x10 - 70
Archers x5 - 35
Archers x5 - 35

Great Cannon - 120
Great Cannon - 120

Huntsmen x10 - 80

Pistoliers x5 - FC +Repeater Pistol - 120

Hellblaster Volley Gun - 120
Hellblaster Volley Gun - 120

Celestial Hurricanum - 130

This list is a double-headed Griffon with enough archers left to form a Griffon Wing as well. As suggested, the Double Headed Griffon encourages the enemy to have to close with you, since you will in all likely hood have ranged dominance. The middle horde is joined by the BSB, Witch Hunter (thrown in for fun and I need some more experience with this guy), and Arch-Lector. They have two archer groups acting as redirectors with one parent taking the role of bunker for the Wizard Lord. The Wizard Lord with focus on Enchanted Blades (if he rolls it) to enhance HBVGs and ranged death after that. Huntsmen and Pistoliers are harassers, targeting light enemy units and warmachines. The Celestial Hurricanum helps to achieve a meaningful magic phase and to insure that the block can win combat. One of the block's detachments are swordsmen to help insure that they have enough ranks to disrupt ranks themselves. The other detachment is the hitter.

I like it, but then I designed it.

P.S. I made this at work so my points may be a bit off. I based the pts values on what other people posted in the army list section.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 04:12:33 PM »
I like the request for input from other members of the forum, and I'm a fan of the TDG in general, HHG. Here's my stab at a list that meets your criteria:

Faith, Steel, and Gunpowder - 2500 points

Core - 654 points
10 Archers
- Detachments: 2 x 5 Archers
10 Archers [Wizard Lord goes here]
49 Halberdiers, Full Command [BSB goes here]
- Detachment: 20 Halberdiers

Special - 759 points
2 x Great Cannon
4 Demigryph Knights, Musician, Standard-Bearer, Gleaming Pennant
4 Demigryph Knights, Musician, Standard-Bearer, Banner of Eternal Flame

Rare - 240 points
2 x Helblaster Volley Gun

Heroes - 271 points
Captain, BSB, Biting Blade, Crown of Command, Enchanted Shield, Full Plate Armor
2 x Master Engineer

Lords - 575 points
Arch Lector, Armor of Destiny, Great Weapon, War Altar of Sigmar
Wizard Lord, Dispel Scroll, L4 Wizard, Talisman of Preservation [Lore of Light]

Grand Total: 2499 points

As you can see, this is a Half-Griffon Formation list in the strict unit composition sense of the term, but I don't really think of it that way, because I plan to have the Demigryph Knights flanking the Halberdier Horde. In other words, it's a Griffon formation... with actual (sort of) Griffons! :icon_lol:

Here's my unit-by-unit rationale...

Archers (including detachments) - Provide the re-directors and chaff no list can truly go without. One unit will serve as a Wizard bunker, as noted above.

Halberdiers (main unit) - The meat-and-potatoes unit of the army. Between being 50 men strong and having HtL, Stubborn, and re-rollable Ld9, I think it'll make for a tough nut to crack, especially if I get some buffs in there.

Halberdiers (detachment) - This is going to be the jack-of-all-trades unit - I can employ it in a similar fashion to the classical Griffon formation detachment, I can send it out in front to hunt redirectors or sacrifice itself in order to buy me a turn, or even ignore its detachment status altogether and have it hang back and guard war machines from the units that traditionally hunt them (like Harpies).

Great Cannons - My main answer to big gribblies and things I don't actually want to fight head-on. Can also help soften ranked units up a bit, and generally help my strategy along by forcing people to come to me.

Demigryph Knights - My flankers of choice (I'm a big proponent of using them as mainline blocks as well, but fielding a Griffon formation makes that too tight a squeeze, points-wise). They should be able to beat up most things on their own, especially with their magic banner choices providing them with tools to avoid sticky situations.

Volley Guns - Soften up infantry, wipe chaff from existence, threaten big stuff, crack open tin can units... not a whole lot these guys can't do. The Master Engineers are what makes this part of the army tick.

Captain - My Stubborn caddy + BSB, complete with a formidable 2+ save and a token magic weapon.

Master Engineers - See the Volley Gun entry.

Arch Lector - The big support unit, I plan to either sit him to the flank of the Halberdier Horde (where the second Halberdier detachment would be if this were a canonical Griffon formation) and crash him into enemy flanks once the battle has been joined, or (in the case of plentiful enemy artillery) sit him back and let him buff from a safe position.

Wizard Lord - My security blanket of sorts; he provides solid casting offense and defense, a Lore that counters some otherwise problematic matchups (namely Ethereals), and he carries the precious Dispel Scroll. I've seen one too many Wizard-sniping units to feel comfortable about him running around without a Ward save, so he gets one.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 04:14:44 PM by rothgar13 »

Offline zakalwe

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 07:21:10 PM »
The Averland Adventuring Company present........ Shadow of the Griffon.

So my first stab at a griffon formation list, like the idea of the griffon formation, but have yet a  chance to put it into practise.

I have also been wanting to run a shadow wiz lord for a while, ( tried a heavens on hurricanum last game, worked well enough).

Anyway, without further ado, the cast....

Main characters. (863 pts)

GOTE Full plate, shield, Helm of the skaven slayer, Crown of command, Talisman of endurance, sword of might.      208 pts

Shadow wiz lord, lvl 4, earthing rod and the talisman of preservation.                                                                 270 pts

captain, bsb, full plate, enchanted shield, dawnstone and the biting blade.                                                           131 pts

warrior priest, heavy armour, charmed shield, opal amulet. HW                                                                           89 pts

engineer, Repeater pistol                                                                                                                                 75 pts

Shadow wizard, lvl 1, dispel scroll.                                                                                                                   90 pts.

The chorus.. (627 pts)

40 halberdiers, full command            270 pts

20 halberdiers detchment                 120 pts

15 free company  detachment           90 pts

11 archers              77 pts

5 archer det           35 pts

5 archers det          35 pts

Special guests include ... (636 pts)

3 demigrph knights                174 pts

3 demigryph knights              174 pts

cannon                                 120 pts

14 flagellants, prophet,          178 pts

and finally its a rare privilege to present... ( 370 pts)

The HBVG, Gertrude  The "blasted"         120 pts

The Steam Tank, General Incompetence    250 pts

Total 2496  might take a troop out to get the ironcurse icon in.

Plan is to have shadow magic debuffing the enemies to our lvl's and use the lore attribute to get our important characters where needed.

Should have a decent combat punch and hold a while in combat.

usual combined arms stuff.

flagellents to attempt assassinations of important targets, or tarpit any annoying characters ( hence the champ)

Offline Athiuen

• Members
  • The Old World
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
The Talabheim 6th:

Lords:
GotE - AoSS, TWCoU, GW.
BWL - Lvl 4, Whatever Lore (usually metal or light).

Heroes:
CotE - BSB, FP, EnchSh, TalisofPres.
WP - HA, Sh, DragonH.
ME -

Core:
48x Halberds - FC -
   detach 20x Halberds -
   detach 20x Halberds -

12x Archers
   detach 5x archers
   detach 5x archers

Special:
2x Cannon

4x Demigryphon Knights - Musician, Preceptor.

5x Outriders - Musician

Rare:
1x Steam Tank

1x HBVG

1x Celestial Hurricanum

2500/2500

General, BSB, and WP in the main Halberd block which is initially deployed in horde formation. Wizard in the archer block behind the Halberds.  The army uses the Inverted Griffon Formation using the Outriders, Steam Tank and Demigryphs as supporting flank units.  Pretty straight forward really.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 09:58:16 PM by Athiuen »
Quote from: warhammerlord_soth
No beer was wasted.
They fired at a can of Heineken.
The end is Neigh!
Quote from: Swan-of-War
Curse you clearly-written rules!

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2012, 09:55:29 PM »
The chorus.. (627 pts)

Total 2496  might take a troop out to get the ironcurse icon in.

Minimum Core is 625 so you can't drop anyone of anything from there at this point.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:47 AM »
This is pretty much the army I´m trying to build towards. I have a whole bunch of fluffy goodness for them in my head, but this is basically what it comes down to:
Ludwig Nachtgestein, a rich Empire-noble, has gone practically mad over the loss of his wife and children and used all of his wealth to hire a vast army to follow the Ogre-horde that killed them back into their realm. In this manical pursuit, the tragic noble is killed and his army scattered. The last remains, including two Steam Tanks, are lost in the wild mountains the Ogres call home.

Meanwhile, Archlector Steffen "Hexenhammer" Freiholz received a vision from Sigmar. His purpose is clear: recovering the two lost Steam Tanks is vital to the survival of Sigmar´s Empire. Because the Grand Theogonist can not officially condone one of his Archlectors going off on some wild vision quest, the Archlector has assembled a small group of covert operatives to help him on his mission: a valiant, if impetous, young noble; a mysterious wizard who can control and predict the horrid weather that awaits them; two grim witchhunters who have saved (=burned) the souls of hundreds of witches under Freiholz´ leadership.

The Lost (and found) Crusade (2500 pts on the nose)

Lords (382 pts):
Erzlektor Steffen "Hexenhammer" Freiholz:
Arch-Lector with Heavy Armour, Shield, Biting Blade, Luckstone and Dragonhelm, mounted on Warhorse with Barding

Der Grosse Zambrano:
Wizard Lord (lvl 4) with Lore of Light and Dispel Scroll
(since we just used a Heavens wizard in the last TDG I´ll suggest a Light wizard instead of the usual Heavens guy)

Heroes (419 pts):
Jan von Fichtenberg:
Captain of the Empire with Full Plate Armour, Relic Blade, Charmed Shield and Potion of Foolhardiness, mounted on Imperial Pegasus and the Battle Standard Bearer of the army

Lars Stiegelheim:
Warrior Priest with Heavy Armour and Enchanted Shield, mounted on Warhorse with Barding

Gerald "Sündenbrenner":
Witch-Hunter with Brace of Pistols

Norbert "Ketzergeissel":
Witch-Hunter with Brace of Pistols

Freddie "Funkenschlag":
Master Engineer

Core (1079 pts):
Ludwig´s Klingen:
48 Halberdiers with Full Command and
     25 Halberdiers (detachment)

Ludwig´s Fäuste:
48 Halberdiers with Full Command and
     25 Halberdiers (detachment)

Ludwig´s Zähne:
10 Archers with
     5 Archers (detachment)
      5 Archers (detachment)

Zambrano´s Leibwache:
9 Archers

Rare (620 pts):
Sigmar´s Strafende Faust:
Steam Tank

Sigmar´s Rechtschaffener Zorn:
Steam Tank

Ludwig´s Mordlust:
Hellblaster Volley Gun

The basic formation is the two big blocks in the middle (either in horde formation or as a bus, depending on the match-up), flanked by their detachments and screened by the archers. One is joined by the Warrior Priest, a Witch Hunter and the BSB. The other is joined by the Arch Lector and a Witch Hunter.
The flanks are protected by the STanks, who also provide reach across the table in the form of their cannons or their fast movement speed (well, potentially fast, anyway  :-) ).
The HBVG goes either between them (screened by the archers as well) if the opponent has to come to us, or on a flank if we have to go after them.
The wizard bunker does what a wizard bunker does, obviously.

The characters are all mounted, which is adventageous in my opinion, but YMMV. It gives them a 1+ save for cheap, often lets them avoid combat since they are placed on the outsides of their unit, gives you the opportunity to charge out and, when all is said and done, is fluffy and cool IMHO.  :-D
Two characters also have cheap magic weapons in case of any spectral shenanigans.

The AL´s and WP´s roles are pretty straight forward, buffing their respective units. They both have a 1+, with the AL having a bit more bite in melee and some additional defense as well to keep him alive longer.

The WH´s give their MR 2 and Terror-buff to their unit, and will let their designated target think twice of getting close to them (think about the delicious pain they would have caused the Dreadlord in our last TDG if they had gone for his ward-save-challenged Lord who gave us so much grief).

I plan on using a Heavens wizard with this list for fluff-reasons and because of the synergy he has with the STanks and the HBVG, but since we used Heavens in the last TDG (and Life in the one before) I´ve gone for Light this time around, though I´m open to other suggestions as well. He carries a Dispel Scroll, of course.

Last but not least, the BSB can act as a classic Captasus, stick with his unit, or keep in distance to both halberd-blocks if the get separated. He has a magic weapon that lets him wound even the toughest of foes on a 5+ and a Potion of Foolhardiness in case we need him to attack something nasty.

The Archer detachments would make more sense as detachments of the Halberdier blocks they´re protecting; dunno if that would still count as a Griffon formation though. HHG?
In that case they could be placed with the big group protecting one unit of Halberds and the two small ones protecting the HBVG and the other unit of Halberds instead of the big block having to go in the middle (which could cause issues for the HBVG).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:50:46 AM by grifter »

• Members
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »
I really like the personality in these different lists!    8-)

What I love about Empire is we have so many different toys and options there are a variety of ways to create an effective army.

We are up to seven entries.  Hopefully we can go way above 10 to give us lots to pick from.  There are many TDG regulars that haven't posted yet so we will keep it open for a good bit of time. 

Hopefully we can get some new blood too!
If at first you don't succeed...you either don't have enough faith or you need to bring more explosives

Offline zifnab0

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
The Double Griffon

The Support
Arch Lector (3+/4++)
- War Altar of Sigmar
- Heavy Armor, Shield
- Talisman of Preservation

Luminark of Hysh

Celestial Hurricanum

Level 4 Wizard Lord [Light] (-/6++)
- Dispel Scroll
- Talisman of Protection

10 Archers (Wizard Bunker)

The First Griffon
Captain of the Empire (2+)
- BSB
- Crown of Command
- FPA, Shield
- Dragonhelm
- Ironcurse Icon

39 Halberds
- Full Command
- 20 Halberds (Detachment)

10 Archers
- 5 Archers (Detachment)
- 5 Archers (Detachment)

The Second Griffon
40 Greatswords
- Full Command

10 Archers
- 5 Archers (Detachment)
- 5 Archers (Detachment)

=2500

The focus of this list is large buffs to make the two big blocks of troops unstoppable killing machines.  Two sets of archer diverters gives the ability to control enemies, and a bit of shooting power as well.  The wizard is safely bunkered behind the dual griffons and the Chariots, all positioned to ensure maximum buffing.  The captain travels with the Halberds, making sure they don't run.

It's a lot of bodies and there's a lot of reliance on good magic, but lets hope for the best.

Offline Windelov

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2012, 12:43:20 PM »
Hold the Line !   A doubble griffon exercise in mass infantry warfare and the new steadfast FAQ

The new FAQ makes us less reliant on the stubborn special rule, and crown of command vechicles, as the hordes can form as busses and provide steadfast for detachments. This unties points better used on more men which I think suits both gameplay and fluff.

This list includes 2 hordes (busses) plus detachments that can fight independently. Each has a commander of the empire and a priest, the latter is kept cheap with minimal protection as prayers are unaffected by their deaths, halberd I=3 is not that bad and hopefully they will get to strike with hatred.

The hordes gets cc support from 4 demigryphs and a steamtank and ranged support from a hellblaster with engineer (to soften up enemy elite units and big nasty ones). A Celestial hurricanum provides an extra power dice which can be much needed, and can buff the demigryphs and/or hordes.

Magic support is provided by a lvl 4 metal mage in a bunker of archers behind the lines.

An Archer screen with two detachments of Free Company to redirect and clear a bit of chaff, deployed front.

The list is low on magic items (as I think our characters are too weak and cheap to benefit much from it), and heavy on bodies. The characters go on the corners of units to limit exposure.

The list:

General of the Empire, wearing full plate and enchanted shield (109pt)
Priest wearing heavy armour and charmed shield (72)
38 Halberdiers with full command (258)
15 Halberdiers detachment (96)
15 Swordsmen detachment (105)

Battle standard bearer of the Empire, wearing full plate and shield and dragon helmet (103pt)
Priest wearing heavy armour and shield (69)
38 Halberdiers with full command (258)
14 Halberdiers detachment (90)
15 Swordsmen detachment (105)

Wizard Lord (Metal Lore) LvL 4 with dispel scroll (225)
10 Archers (70)

4 Demigryphs, standard bearer with banner of discipline (257)

10 Archers (70)
5 Free company (30)
5 Free company (30)

Steam Tank (250)
Celestial Hurricanum (130)
Helblaster with engineer (185)

for a total of 2500 pt.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 06:37:30 AM by Windelov »

Offline Fandir Nightshade

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »
Double winged King of Pain

***************  2 Lords  *************** 

General
+  Plate
+  Sword of might, Enchanted Shield
- - - > 129 P

Wizard Lord lvl 4
+  dispel scroll
+  Lore of shadows- - - > 225 P

***************  3 Heroes  *************** 

Captain
+  Lance, Plate
+  Pegasus
+  potion of foolhardiness, dawn stone, charmed shield
+ bsb
- - - > 178 P

Priest, horse+barding, heavy armour, Shield
- - - > 85 P

Luthor Huss, - - - > 155 P

***************  4 core  *************** 

10 ARchers S
+ 5 Archers
+ 5 ARchers
- - - > 150 P

10 ARchers S
+ 5 Archers
+ 5 ARchers
- - - > 150 P

9 Inner Circle MSC
- - - > 255 P

5 Knights, S
- - - > 120 P

***************  2 Elite *************** 

39Greatswords CS
+ 15 Swords
+ 19 Free company
+  Standard of Discipline
- - - > 683 Punkte

Great cannon
- - - > 120 P

***************  Rare *************** 

Steam Tank- - - > 250 P

Overall 2500

Pretty standardish, I added in more archers and free company because I wanted to use Shadow again, hoping for the reduce Toughness spell they are very ...very lethal to enemy armies. I really would have liked to inlcude Demigryphons but can´t see what to leave out as I barely make core and can´t make the greatswords smaller. I think characters are rather clear, General, BsB and naked Priest in the Greatswords at the start, Luthor in the IC Knights, WIzKid in one of the wings. I really enjoyed how annoying archers were in the two previous TDG so I wanted to expand on them a bit, the greatswords are scary even without any buffs should they get any boost or the enemy any curse they will perform valiantly, with the General they are ld 10 stubborn hold the line, without him they are only stubborn on 9 good enough I would say, the enemy has to take them out to win the game.

Offline commandant

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »
The Crusading Army of Sigmar

Fluff - (because fluff is important)

The Church of Sigmar, worried about the growing threat to the Empire and the increasing amount of chaos reported, recruited the Crusading Army of Sigmar and entrusted the Arch Lector of Nuln, Ida the Ever-ready to march north and handle the issue.   Despite the tension between the two bodies Ida enlisted the aid of Fitzroy Firehand, a master from the college of Fire and Malcore Mandon, a man well known for his ability to root our chaos and his lack of mercy towards those which he believed practiced it.   Between the three of the they recruited the army, drawing heavily on the Knights of the Broken Promise to do so.   Valgor the Violent joined them as they marched through Ostermark.   Valgor had recruited a very disciplined band of followers, but was in a certain amount of trouble with the Governing Council of a small town called Santachbury.   They refused to pay his fee for driving off a beastman attack.   Ida, seeing a useful addition to his army of knights.   He offered to pay Valgor's fee and hire him on a new contract.   Valgor considered the issue for all of five minutes and then he accepted.   It was Fitzroy's idea to let Valgor carry the banner of the army.   It achieved two aims.   It tied the valueable man to the army more and it helped control the knights who were objection to the inclusion of commoners that were not their servants.
Tony von Valison was the last to join the army.   He was travelling back to Nuln from when his contract with Ostermark expired.   Ida was seriously happy to see him and even happier to see the two batteries of cannon that he had with him.  He was hired on the spot.

With his army complete Ida went to look for the chaos that was causing problems.

Lords

108   - Ida the Ever-ready - Arch Lector (Heavy Armour, Shield)   
225   - Fitzroy Firehand      - Battle Wizard Lord (Level 4, dispell scroll, lore of Fire)

Heroes

135   - Valgor the Violent - Captain of the Empire (BSB, AOMI)
85     - Merciless Malcore Mandon - Witch Hunter (Brace of pistols, Ring of Volans)
65     - Tony von Valison - Master Engineer

Core

480   - Valgor's finest - 50 Halberdiers (Full command, 20 Halberdier detachment)
250   - The Order of the Broken Promise - 10 Knights (Full Command)
70     - The servants of the Knights - 10 archers

Special

80     - Malcore's guard - 10 Huntsmen
120   - Bloody Mary - Great Cannon
120   - Blessed Bessy - Great Cannon
632   - The Order of the Broken Promise dismounted knights - 40 Greatsword (Full Command, 25 Halberdier detachment, 6 archer's                                                                                                                                           .                                                                                                                           detachment)

Rare

130   - Fitzroy's bodyguard - Celestial Hurricanum

2500 points
Lords     333 points - 2 models       13.32%
Heroes   285 points - 3 models       11.4%
Core      800 points -  90 models     32%
Special  952 points -   83 models    38.08%
Rare      130 points -   1 model          5.2%

Now as far as I remember you can have up to 50% Special.   If that is incorrect please let me know.

The infantry line does the main killing here.   The Greatswords and the Halberdiers supported by the Hurricanum.   The lore of Fire and the cannon are to bring the foe across the field to you.   The huntsmen are to be annoying in the foes back field.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:52:09 PM by commandant »

Offline Friar Metick

• Members
  • Talks with hammer!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 11:41:45 AM »
I really like the personality in these different lists!    8-)

What I love about Empire is we have so many different toys and options there are a variety of ways to create an effective army.

We are up to seven entries.  Hopefully we can go way above 10 to give us lots to pick from.  There are many TDG regulars that haven't posted yet so we will keep it open for a good bit of time. 

Hopefully we can get some new blood too!

I will be sitting this one out except for an occasional input for two reasons, I have too much going on right now with work and I am not familiar with the griffon formation. I'll let those most familiar with it take the lead since I don't have the time right now to read all the posts on it to be able to create a list and give meaningful input.

Good Luck everyone.  :::cheers:::
Blessed be those who game.

Friar Metick

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Middenheim's Manly Men

Lords

1.  Battle Wizard Lord (lv. 4, Dispel Scroll)  -  Lore of Light

Heros

1.  Captain of the Empire (BSB, Enchanted Shield, Dawnstone, Sword of Might, Imperial Peg., Swift as the Wind, Iron-hard Hooves)
2.  Warrior Priest (Heavy Armor, Shield, Ironcurse Icon)
3.  Master Engineer

Core

1.  50 Halberdiers (Full Command, 20 Halberdier Detachment)
2.  10 Archers (5 Archer Detachment, 5 Archer Detachment)
3.  5 Knights of the White Wolf
4.  5 Knights of the White Wolf

Special

1.  4 Demigryph Knights
2.  Great Cannon
3.  22 Greatswords (Full Command)

Rare

1.  Helblaster Volley Gun
2.  Celestial Hurricanum
3.  Steam Tank

The main block of the army will use the inverted Gryphon with the smaller unit of Greatswords taking up camp on one of the sides of the horde.  The knights will be our fast response units and can clean up chaff.  The Stank and Demis can maneuver and help out with difficult match-ups while the Hurricanum and wizard bunker will buff our units under cover of artillery fire.  The mobile bsb has the movement to help out where needed.

• Members
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 11:26:59 AM »
It looks like we have a good selection.

Like last time, I will put together a chart that lists the various attributes of each list side by side so you can see at a glance how they match up and what you like best.  Then I will open it up for voting.

If you still want to submit a list while I am putting it together, go ahead, but your time is running out!   :wink:

HHG

Offline Noght

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
I vote for mottdon's list.  A Stank, blaster, cannon, and Demigryphs.  And I love fluffy hammer Knights.
"...the most incorrigible vice being that of an ignorance which fancies it knows everything..."  Camus.

Offline librisrouge

• Members
  • Also, Metal is Best
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 08:01:29 PM »
I, naturally, vote for my own list. I think it has potential to demonstrate a lot of Griffon principals as well as the use of finesse. It forces the enemy to come to use but we still have to work hard to control how exactly they do that or they'll pound use with the lists limited combat capabilities. It is a list built around NOT having fair fights and I think that is a supremely useful skill.
Much like Communism, a level three wizard is a waste of everyone's time and will, in due course, fail miserably.

Offline rothgar13

• Members
  • Steam Tank Engineer
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:02 PM »
I think it's pretty implied that all of us who posted lists will be voting for them. Just in case, though, I vote for my own list. :icon_wink:

Offline Grazhnakk

• Members
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:50:14 PM »
Last time we voted by ranking the lists in order of preference. Hold off until HHG comes back with his chart.

Offline Dnic

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:51 PM »
HHG can u make the voting, so we only need to give point to our top 3?

And maybe a no go, on voting on own´s one list?

Offline mottdon

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 08:54:55 PM »
I think that it's fine to vote for your own list since we are compiling a list of our favorites.  The top three sounds good to me though.

Offline grifter

• Members
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
HHG can u make the voting, so we only need to give point to our top 3?

And maybe a no go, on voting on own´s one list?

I´ll second that.
No point really in voting for one´s own list if everyone´s doing it, and rating all lists is a bit excessive and more paperwork then it´s worth I should think.

Offline MrAbyssal

• Members
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:02:14 PM »
A small Free Company, deployed front, clears minor chaff and provide redirectors by 2 archer detachments.

10 Free Company (60)
5 Archers (35)
5 Archers (35)

Free Company Militia are not able to be a parent unit.