home

Author Topic: Steveb has passed away  (Read 15579 times)

Offline Odominus

• Members
  • Winter is Coming
Re: Steveb, the man the myth the legend in his own time.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2018, 12:58:03 AM »
Get better soon :::cheers:::
Odo drops the bombs and laughs at all the clucking.

......, it would really help if you did research before spouting your opinion...

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2018, 08:08:07 PM »
thanks to all for your comments, support, and prayers.  They are more appreciated than you can imagine. I would like to thank Zak for starting this post and the other posting he is doing.  I am still painting, although on a reduced basis.  My illness has been known by a few for a little while but I had asked them not to spread it around as I did not want the attention and hoopla that usually follow.  The prognosis is not positive at all but I am going to go down fighting it all the way, so I ask you to continue with the positive thoughts they really lift my spirits and help me through each day.  Bless everyone on this site.  steveb

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2018, 09:33:45 PM »
Bless everyone on this site.  steveb

Bless you, Steve.
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2018, 09:44:33 PM »
Bless everyone on this site.  steveb

Bless you, Steve.

+1 to this for sure. You keep being awesome SteveB.

Offline Dihenydd

• Members
  • Back on Hiatus
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 10:26:29 PM »
Bless you Steve.

If you permit, I will light a candle for you.

I don't think I can count the # of times I've gone through your pics.  Knowing that this was just the "Empire" portion of your collection was staggering to me.  I can't think of a single mini-collector out there who has so completely married the fun and whimsy of tiny fantasy figures with really cool armies that are painted well.  All your diorama's told a story, and I, like probably everyone else, could hear the story being played out.

Through it all I have sensed someone who really gets what the point of all this is.  Having fun painting what you want. 

I envy Zak, I always wondered what a tour of your collection would be.  I imagined days and days of holding figures going "oh, this is from the X collection by X"  "Never thought I would see one of these"  "I didn't think those actually existed".

Blessings.
Sometimes the "Old Ones" just need to leave.....

Offline Fidelis von Sigmaringen

• Members
  • Attorney-at-RAW
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 11:55:48 PM »
I'll light a candle for steveb too. Literally, as I suspect Dihenydd and others have done.  Get well soon.
It is not enough to have no ideas of your own; you must also be incapable of expressing them.
Sex, lies and manuscripts: The History of the Empire as Depicted in the Art of the Time (10/07/16)

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 06:37:42 PM »
Keep fighting that disease steveb! Lure it in with one detachment, flee with it so its charge fails and then in your turn counter charge with the parent regiment plus the second detachment!
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 02:23:19 AM »
HIs collection will become Immortal  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline King

• Members
  • Island-fortress of Malta
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2018, 08:50:29 PM »
Our prayers are with you Steveb and its good to know you still watch this site and the comments we leave.....as Zak said your work will become immortal.
We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust our sails....

Link to my blog http://www.warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=23114.0

Offline steveb

• Members
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:24 PM »
thanks to all, and an especially heartfelt thanks to Zak who is doing an excellent job.  steveb

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2018, 02:38:50 PM »
thanks to all, and an especially heartfelt thanks to Zak who is doing an excellent job.  steveb

Thanks Steve im glad you like it.
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2018, 04:21:14 PM »
Had a great talk with Steve the other day, we talked about his collections and how he came into contact with some of the rarest minis around. He also talked about the good ol'days of gaming conventions and history of figures I never knew about, He also talked about how many of his figures are painted with historical accuracy with the real world influences on models. Great conversation.

:::cheers:::
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline orcyboy

• Members
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2018, 06:25:08 PM »
Sooo...   how did he come into contact with some of the rarest minis?

Any chance to of relaying some of what SteveB has told you into the commentary of some of your videos?  I'd love to hear what he had in mind when creating his armies, regiments, heroes etc.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2018, 11:29:37 PM »
Sooo...   how did he come into contact with some of the rarest minis?

Any chance to of relaying some of what SteveB has told you into the commentary of some of your videos?  I'd love to hear what he had in mind when creating his armies, regiments, heroes etc.

nice...he also gave me drawings and notes on his different projects. I'm going to add these at a later date. He's been gaming sense the later 70's!! so he's just been there and done that sort of thing lol 
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2018, 02:25:58 AM »
There are threads here on W-E that have pictures of some of his miniatures, and the fluff he provided with some of them was quite unique at times.

It'd be great to have a thread where pictures of units are provided with the fluff for them along side.  Although this could be quite the project.

I might be willing to make a trip to have him relate the stories, and write it all down for him, if that makes things easier.
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2018, 10:27:24 PM »
Steveb is in hospice care now. Please send him positive vibes, prayers or whatever you believe in, to include his wife Peggy...thank you 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 10:34:08 PM by zak »
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2018, 03:28:50 AM »
Thinking about you lots SteveB.   :cry:

Offline Novogord

• Mr Goblin
  • Members
  • Wie wind zaait, zal storm oogsten
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001398349166
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »
We will light a candle. Hopefully he gets better quickly!
Only the dead have seen the end of the war

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.

Offline GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2018, 04:59:20 PM »
SteveB ...

You are an awesome person, and Peggy probably knows this more than most of us, leaving us to mostly only imagine the greatness that you bring to all the rest of your life's activities.  Make sure you show her this post!  :icon_biggrin:

Your spirit in creating and painting and story telling has inspired me more than I know how to describe.  The wizard figure that you converted and painted for me back during one of those pleasant exchange threads is proudly displayed to many others who are involved with the hobby or not in my area.  It brings great pleasure to my nephews and nieces as well.

After reading this from one of your posts ... "my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint", I immediately quoted it in my signature on this site, and I want to have it remain there.

I realize you might not want some of the "hoopla" that goes into such situations, and you're not giving up the fight, although just know that there are many here that love you, and pass such love along to Peggy as well, for my father taught me to say what's important before I can't.

Cheers! :::cheers::: :::cheers::: :::cheers:::

GamePoet (MarkT)  :icon_cool:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:03:05 PM by GamesPoet »
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2018, 01:12:06 PM »
Thinking about you lots SteveB.   :cry:

Me too.
I have been quiet this thread because I honestly dont have the words. I am proud of our little global community here, and there is no denying that Steve is part of the core of us. Thanks zak for doing what you are doing.
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Midaski

• Sunny Sussex, England
  • Administrator
  • Members
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 10:04:21 PM »
It is very difficult to know what to say.
As far as I am aware steveb is the only one older than me on this site, and still I get all the Methuselah jokes.

I suppose it is a part of the modern world that the internet lets us create a sort of family with people all across the globe, and we can feel genuine sorrow when one of us is in pain.

Several of us will recall losing Rufas some years back, when real life came along to take him far too early - I am not a religious man, but keep fighting steveb, we're all thinking of you.
Quote from: Gneisenau
Metal to Finecast - It is mostly a swap of medium. 

You mean they will be using Ouija boards instead of Tarot cards for their business plans from now on?

Offline Padre

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2018, 10:25:44 PM »
I have been thinking about Steveb a lot recently, for obvious reasons. I haven't said anything because it's difficult to work out what to say and how to say it when you know someone only through a forum. I do know, however, that Steveb loves the hobby and escaping to the old world of Warhammer in a way I recognise and share (like so many of you) which means I feel like I know a part of his mind really well. I hope he is aware (I am sure he is) just how much interest and joy his posts have generated, and that Zac's new videos Zak are now doing more of the same. The collections are fascinating, creative, and full of lovely touches and twists.

When I first became aware of Steveb's posts, it was through his collection of steam tanks, and for a while I thought his interest lay specifically with collecting large numbers of them. But I soon learned how wrong I was.

Steveb, do everything you can to get better. And then, keep on Warhammering. With your armies you could conquer the entire Warhammer world!
Photobucket has now re-destroyed my pictures, so the first half of my collected works thread is no longer working again. To see my website version of the campaign thread, with fully functioning pictures, please go to https://bigsmallworlds.com/

Offline warhammerlord_soth

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Eurobash : Ascension weekend. Be there !
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2018, 11:38:22 AM »
As far as I am aware steveb is the only one older than me on this site, and still I get all the Methuselah jokes.

That is because of your looks
Have one  on Midaski's tab.  :::cheers:::
Famous last words. R.I.P.

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2019, 03:45:27 PM »
I was able to talk to Steve yesterday ( Jan. 1, 2019) wishing him a good new year. He was very incoherent, Its sad to see his steady decline. Anyway ill let you know how things go from this point forward. His wife Peggy asked me to make the videos into a DVD to play at his memorial.  :icon_cry:
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2019, 01:22:43 AM »
I'm very sorry to hear that. Thank you for keeping in contact like that zak and doing all this.