home

Author Topic: AoS Adventure  (Read 111778 times)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
Re: AoS Adventure
« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2018, 12:07:39 AM »
Time for a slug fest I think. Spent the last number of months building up these 2 armies. 2470 points of Disciples of Sigmar and 2500 pts of  Chaos United - Tzeentch demons, skaven and beastmen with some new terrain. Time to see how I can foul up their lives. Basically chaos will swarm them and as long as their leaders live, the rest are expendable. Save the lord of change who has tweaked fate to his bidding. The devoted will try and speedbump the hoard with the flaggies and gun down what they can following up with their greatswords who are not expendable like the nutters. I’m thinking if the LoC, steamtank or war altar fall apart, it’s pretty much over. I made the beastmen with the banner a beastlord for a substitute leader (until a shaggoth lands in my lap) the skaven have no major leader - just packmasters out to make a name. I’d like a grey seer/ boneripper model for their eventual leader.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2018, 06:00:21 PM »
Found troll #5 under some knights in a drawer. Threw some colour on him this morning. I think I will order the troll leader for this group to make 6 and use the chaos troggoth Warscroll. Only £7 pounds including shipping from the ralpartha site. Not too bad.

Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2018, 02:04:05 AM »
Started my battle that has been the inspiration of building, painting, terrain for the last 5 months. Round one the chaos charge forward. All run, which may have been a mistake as they can’t charge now. The Deamons are quite successful in their magic and inflict 4 wounds on the steamtank and 8 on the altar. Forgot about the herald or it might have been worse. The night runners shoot 4 of my ginger flagellants off from there rock were they appeared. Luckily they failed their charge. So I use my healing prayers to help out the altar and regain 3 wounds. My general fails his hyme and I find out the altar can’t heal anymore. I then go to use the spell on the tank and find out the healing hyme only works on Devoted. Good thing I had an excelsior which can heal order units and brought ba a couple of wounds. Ran my other excelsior over towards the tank for extra healing next turn. My shooting was dismal and I find you can’t put too much faith in the hellblasters. Charged with my 30 unit of flagellants into the rat pack. Failed my 20 unit charge and sent the last of my 10 pack int the gutter runners with the old ulric wading in as well.
After all the flailing and spears, it is if fact battleshock that is the most alarming to those of little bravery. Luckily the altar negates battleshock within 10 inches. The piles in the back of the pic are the dead and running. They are supposed to be fodder and they are living up to that. End of round one with my 10 pack gone and the cloud of rats gone.

Enter the furry deamon which is getting guidance from Sigmar or the horned rat. Not sure which just yet

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Members
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2018, 02:49:06 AM »
Your trolls have a lot of character!
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
  • Is there beer on the sun?
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
Loving the guys with the rocks

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #280 on: March 20, 2018, 02:21:58 AM »
Round 2
Magic is pretty good and the steamtank and altar take a severe amount of beating. Shooting flames and gutter runners wipping rocks adds to the count. The Gors and plaguemonks charge into the big unit of flagelants, not allowing them to charge. Take out 11 guys. The war altar brings back 3 of them and they are revved. Wipe out the plaguemonks with battleshock and were down the Gors a bit.
The Deamons and the altar are slugging it out. The light of banishment hurts the pinkos reducing them to 2. The lord of change decides to bring the fight to the barricaded hellblasters and wipes out the crew with flames and charges in to kick the blaster into the next dimension. Only one priest is in range to heal the altar and manages 3 healed wounds. My general rides out and straight at the LoC. The witch hunter pulls his baroque handgun and shoots wide of course. But charges in with the other priest.  Between the 3 hero’s they manage 2 wounds and take one in return. The excelsiors both heal the tank for 3 wounds as well. My ulric priest finishes off the night runners and beelines for the altar. It will take another turn to get into healing range. The LoC hinders the general from getting close enough to the altar as well. And damned if I didn’t forget the pilgrimage of Wrath. That might of wiped out the ogre rats who are ruining the party. Shooting this round isn’t worth talking about. The steam gun on the tank is doing good work though.  A charge by the tank and the group of 20 finished off the gutter runners as well.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #281 on: March 20, 2018, 01:59:26 PM »
Great looking battle! I love the colors and the board. Looks neat! :Ohmy:
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
Looking fantastic as always! Go Empire!

Your to quick for me! Every time I check the site you've uploaded another bunch of glorious great pictures.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #283 on: March 21, 2018, 12:03:25 AM »
Thanks Xath and Gankom. The more I play AoS the more I like it. It is very fluid although my tactics and remembering synergies still sucks as usual. Right up there with my inability to shoot anything worthwhile.
Your right G. I’ve been somewhat possessed on what’s churned out. Surprised me actually. Thinking what’s next. Still throwing around ideas for a freeguild army with no Devoted. I have probably 3000 points if I wanted. I wanted to do a nuln army ages ago and got as far as 1 gunner when I packed it in the first time. Just need a common colour scheme. I’m all over with the existing colours. Nuln was very dark but I liked it.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #284 on: March 21, 2018, 01:51:51 AM »
Round 3
Tzeentch magic and shooting is incredible. Bad round for the steam tank and altar. The clanrats charged the altar and caused a wound. LoC zapped my general with infernal gateway and deposited him in the warp. Then blasted the second hellblaster crew with billious warpfire. Then got the heck outa there in order to shoot the tank. The herald then finished the tank despite the wards. The ogre rats and beastmen wiped out the remaining flaggies in the center but Sigmar shield from the altar brought back 5. Yes that was 5 sixes out of seven. They continue to slog it out. The war altar seeing its holy metal counterpart go up in a cloud of smoke retreated to the safety of a collection of priests. Out of 4 in range, 1 wound was healed. That tank is on the excelsiors. The canon did get 2 wounds on the LoC bringing him to 9 out of 14. The greatswords were called out to the defence line while my 20  flaggellants and priest slammed into the chaos troggoths. Brought them to half strength.
Also my bases arrived! Yay.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Zygmund

• Pure of Heart
  • Members
    • https://www.facebook.com/groups/288460758594334
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2018, 12:39:05 PM »
What a thread! So much to like here. The ral partha Trolls are my favourite. No, the War Altar, that must be it. Wait, those scratch built buildings, wanna copy some methods now. Oh, full armies? Yes, thanks. And what's next? Artobans, love the way you practice your hobby!  :laugh:

-Z
Live in peace and prosper.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2018, 01:04:06 PM »
What a thread! So much to like here. The ral partha Trolls are my favourite. No, the War Altar, that must be it. Wait, those scratch built buildings, wanna copy some methods now. Oh, full armies? Yes, thanks. And what's next? Artobans, love the way you practice your hobby!  :laugh:

-Z

Thank you so much, Zygmund! 😺
I am having so much fun with all this. My wife, who is not a fan, even sees this as a sanity saver lol. Right now I’m not sure what to work over now. I have an ork army that really needs some attention or a full empire army minus devoted to redo. I’m leaning towards  ork mainly because of an old ork on a wryvern sitting unbased and a bunch of rugluds to do as well. There won’t be any goblins as I have an army of them to work over as well.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #287 on: March 23, 2018, 02:03:13 AM »
Round 4 - death knell for the Desciples

Hero phase for the chaos. LoC fails infernal gateway and gets shut down on arcane fire. The Herald fails his spell but the horrors get an arcane on the old Luther. Shooting phase. What the LoC lacked in magic, he more than made up on shooting. Annihilating the altar before I can heal it. That’s were it should have ended but I decided to play out the round. The rat ogre and 2 packmasters couldn’t take out my last 5 flagellants. Only 2 departed and not once did I get a martyr off. The clan rats failed their charge to the defence line now that the altar was gone. The Gors charged moved and charged the defence ant the beastlord went straight for the witch hunter remembering a former transgression. the bestigors  charged my last group of 20 and hit them hard. Flagellants responded in like and flattened 5. Once again I cannot say how devasting battleshock can be. A good pile of bedtigors ran home as well as all but 2 flagellants. The devoted turn started with the witch hunter getting healed and fluffed his shots. The cannon missed again. And the counter fight was on. The packmasters finally had enough fun with my last 3 and flailed them alive. The beast lord was surrounded by the witchhunter, 2 warrior priests and an excelsior and 1 sister.  Both excelsiors failed their prayers and the beastlord saved 3 wounds 6+ from great hammers and 3 5+ from the hunter. The other attacks cost him 3 more wounds but he still stands. Did I ever say I was lousy at rolling? On the far side my old Luther dropped the troll with some fancy hammering  and horse hooves.
With the tank and altar out of the game, that took the steam out of the Devoted. The Farmstead has been lost. So ends my first full game with two full armies. I really wish I hadn’t cut my table down so much. To much crowding and bunching but what the heck.

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #288 on: March 23, 2018, 02:42:01 PM »
Great battle. Sigmar will know his own... and grant them revenge, later on.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #289 on: March 24, 2018, 08:05:54 PM »
Great battle. Sigmar will know his own... and grant them revenge, later on.

They will indeed. I really used the synergies poorly.  The pilgrimage of wrath deals out mortal wounds, the altar brings back Devoted on a 6+ ,  plus no battleshock within 10”, plus 2 chances to dispel, plus light of banishment (double damage against chaos/deamon) plus prayers. The excelsiors should be near the tank for healing, the priests near the altar for continual healing etc. And keep the flaggies close for prayer benefits. The gun line will be useless as always with me rolling. Good to distract I think.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #290 on: March 25, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »
Not sure if I’m up to do another empire at the moment but thought I should at least get the general of 2500  pts together. Again a model from the past and I did a bit on him not to long ago but switched him out for the old Valten general. The new empire will be devoid of any devoted. My son made the base years ago and I thought it good for this one. The only good dark elf is a ripped up and spit out one even if they are on the side of order now 😸

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #291 on: March 25, 2018, 11:58:44 PM »
WIP. I’m starting to get ramped about an iron jaw force. First to the table is a warboss on a wyvern. Warboss is getting his warpole attached so is detained but the wyvern is almost ready to go. Found another base from my sons era so I like the tie in.
Also finished my Lord of Change. His rod of sorcery was all that was left and I decided that the base is so likeable to me as opposed to my new bases that I will attach this to a bigger round base and fill in the missing details. Just have to order some big ones plus a boatload of 32 mm  to suit the new orruks. I’m not sure what happened that makes me detest bases so much. There was a time I actually  took time to slightly care. Also not sure about the staff. It’s been hanging for 9 years. Too late now. 😸

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2018, 03:07:10 AM »
Great monsters :eusa_clap:

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2018, 11:27:35 PM »
Great monsters :eusa_clap:

Thank you sir! I have been on a monster tear lately. Unfortunately that’s the last of them for awhile. Here is the aforementioned detained warboss out on his new ride 😺

Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Rowsdower

• Members
    • Jesse Cowled
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2018, 03:18:44 AM »
Great job :eusa_clap:

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2018, 03:21:43 PM »
Fantastic!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #296 on: March 28, 2018, 01:16:40 AM »
Thank you rowsdower and Gankom. I do believe I’m happy with the result as well. This has inspired me to rework my ork army into a green skin/ iron jaw army. This bunch started with the startup box of imperial and ork. I acquired a group of unipose orcs off of eBay and they became my Black orcs with the ruglud command. I got the rest of the rugluds with the wyvern model and the back row of the boarboys. I may use the metal guys as brutes, the unipose as ardboys and the rest as orruks. Just got 20 x 32 mm bases from the lgs
And ordered another 60 from China. I need about 20 slotted for the metals which I think I will get mdf ones from Spain. The elongated ones for the boars I might try to make. Anyway here is grimgorn pulled out of retirement although he will only be a warboss in the new army. I have the old starter kit warboss on a grunt and an old school shaman as well. That’s for next month if I’m up for it. Still ant afford the new stuff so I’ll work with why I have. The only guys I was happy with the paint is grimgorn, the command squad, the unipose and the spear orcs. The rest were my first attempts at painting 13-14 years ago.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 01:19:33 AM by Artobans Ghost »
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #297 on: March 28, 2018, 01:33:41 PM »
There's no stopping you! These are such fantastic looking minis, holy crap! :ph34r:

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #298 on: March 28, 2018, 08:44:43 PM »
There's no stopping you! These are such fantastic looking minis, holy crap! :ph34r:

Thanks Xath! I’m not looking forward the burnout. Hope it doesn’t hit for awhile. It seems when I get close I have a battle and that actually take a lot out of me but it’s a nice way to relocate burnout.  When I look at the orc army, I realize I didn’t put that much effort into it originally as I always liked the gobbos. Maybe I’ll do them justice this time.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Online GamesPoet

• Administrator
  • Members
  • Happy Spring! : )
« Reply #299 on: March 29, 2018, 01:12:39 PM »
This thread is such a bright spot on W-E, keep it up! :eusa_clap: :::cheers:::
"Not all who wander are lost ... " Tolkien

"... my old suggestion is forget it, take two aspirins and go paint" steveb

"The beauty of curiosity and creativity is so much more useful than the passion of fear." me

"Until death it is all life." Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra