home

Author Topic: New Article in the War Room: Beating the Beasts  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
New Article in the War Room: Beating the Beasts
« on: November 28, 2003, 12:03:01 AM »
Have you tried playing against the new Beastmen book yet?  If not, rush to the War Room and read this exciting new article by Dean Moulder
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline queek

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 03:32:17 AM »
minor point for the article:  Wargors can't ride chariots, only the Beastlord or Great Bray-Shaman can.  

otherwise, a nice overview indeed!

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 12:02:41 PM »
Quote from: queek
minor point for the article:  Wargors can't ride chariots, only the Beastlord or Great Bray-Shaman can.  

otherwise, a nice overview indeed!

Thanks I'll fix it when I get back from Chicago.  I'll be there Friday-Tuesday of next week for the RSNA.
"Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when he stumbles, do no let your heart rejoice"

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 05:45:53 PM »
Nice article, no spelling mistakes but a lot of grammatical errors, is the author of the article's first language something else than English perhaps?

Still, like I said, a nice tactica. With a little more work it will really shine.
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2003, 12:27:52 AM »
Dean Moulder= moi. And my first language is English  :oops:  :? Well I did proof read it, maybe my english isnt so hot? Well if you have any major grammar whoopsies then send them to Atchman or I to correct.

* Thinks about studying English Language*

Squig
Citizen Erased

Offline BAWTRM

• Members
  • The Netherlands
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2003, 11:30:11 PM »
Then I have no doubt you'll be able to find those mistakes yourself, just re-read the article a few times, you'll see where a sentence has gone wrong somewhere in the middle (probably changed what you were going to say in mid sentence, I'm very good at that too :P ).
"...granted it isn't as retarded as having a lady popping out of your head holding a cup while humping a boar with a sword through its back, but there can only be one Brettonia."

PhillyT

Offline rufus sparkfire

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2003, 01:11:19 PM »
Nice article squig, I didn't think the grammar was too bad (at least, it didn't detract from what was being said).

Quote from: squig87
Well if you have any major grammar whoopsies then send them to Atchman or I to correct.

'to Atchman or me'. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :roll:
Hey, I could still beat up a woman!
If I wanted to.

Offline squig87

• Members
  • The Dude
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2003, 10:01:46 PM »
Quote from: rufus sparkfire
Nice article squig, I didn't think the grammar was too bad (at least, it didn't detract from what was being said).

Quote from: squig87
Well if you have any major grammar whoopsies then send them to Atchman or I to correct.

'to Atchman or me'. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :roll:

I think I was trying to be too clever in that sentence, you know. I have re-read the article and I spotted most of the grammar mistakes, and they will be corrected. I'm really not that bad at English, honest. :whoops:
Citizen Erased

Offline jturner

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 08:24:25 PM »
You said not to take heavens....
  What if I took a small unit of huntsmen.
A 5 man unit of pistoliers.

Then, 2nd turn, I cast ligtning on the Shaggoth...but the closest unit is behind him (huntsmen, unit of 5..throwaway). Then, hopefully by that time, my pistoliers are up on a flank, able to lead the frenzied ogre on a wild goose chase. If nothing else, it could potentially leave the shaggoth out of the game for 3-5 turns for....less than 150 pts?
Quote from: Mathi Alfblut on April 07, 2010, 12:47:56 PM

But the booty was staggering

Offline Atchman

• The Old Ones
  • Members
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2003, 10:34:33 PM »
Quote from: jturner
You said not to take heavens....
  What if I took a small unit of huntsmen.
A 5 man unit of pistoliers.

Then, 2nd turn, I cast ligtning on the Shaggoth...but the closest unit is behind him (huntsmen, unit of 5..throwaway). Then, hopefully by that time, my pistoliers are up on a flank, able to lead the frenzied ogre on a wild goose chase. If nothing else, it could potentially leave the shaggoth out of the game for 3-5 turns for....less than 150 pts?

You aren't a nice person are you :)   That is pretty good idea.  It would be nice if we get enough suggestions such as this to write an apppendix to the article with these suggestions!

Offline Clarkarias

• Members
  • Halton Hills, Ontario
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2003, 12:51:14 PM »
Doesn't work, shaggoth can't charge what it can't see (90 degree arc because 50 mm base).  So it can't charge what is behind him.  And remember that the Shaggoth can charge 14", so if there is anything at all that is also within his charge arc, he can choose where he charges.
Actually, forget Karl-Franz. I want rules for Thyrus Gorman on a dragon. - Rufus Sparkfire