home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 96284 times)

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #800 on: May 28, 2018, 01:33:29 PM »
(Well it was nice knowing Jace.)

Desmond will throw himself into cover but wont bother opening fire with his pistol. He'll scan the tower and area to see what's going on and try to convince a squad or two of Jade Guard to move up to support Petrus and Jace.

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #801 on: June 02, 2018, 04:43:13 PM »
@AG & DS:
As you start for your climb up the tower, Jase it almost imediatly best upon by the Eldar warrior! Fortunately it apperaps that the Warrior has not noticed Petrus or the troopers yet!

Player Prompt: Combat!
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #802 on: June 02, 2018, 05:55:17 PM »
Mouthing a blessing, Petrus unholsters his eviserstor and lunges for the elder. He yells to concentrate Fire on the heretic and shoot if they get a clear shot.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #803 on: June 04, 2018, 11:19:20 AM »
Jace is startled as he unexpectedly comes face to face with the hated Xenos. There is no time for words, no time for thought. Hellpistol at the ready, Jace squeezed the trigger, sending a blast of las energy into the creature at point blank range. The action was instantaneous, subconcious- his mind could only approve moments after the shot had been fired.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #804 on: June 15, 2018, 11:22:56 AM »
@DS & AG:

Shotguns boom loudly in the darkness, their muzzel flashes blinking in and out like the lights in a dive bar. The Xenos is shockingly agile! Even after taking two slugs full on from the house troopers weapons, it still manages to worm it's way out of the roaring arc of Petrus' chainsword and then dodge out of the way of Jace's hellpistol!

Player prompt: Round two!

@Gankom and Xath:

The bombardment goes on!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #805 on: June 15, 2018, 12:14:51 PM »
"Keep firing! Give 'em everything You've got!" roars Bane and then looks back to Hassarian. "Sir, what about those mass drivers from orbit? Any chance for us deploying them as a CAS?" he asks with intense frown on his grizzled face.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #806 on: June 17, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »
Acting less on impulse now, Jace nonetheless doesn't change his strategy- he raises his pistol again and squeezes the trigger. This time, however, he takes more time to aim his shot, trying to predict where the agile Xenos will bounce to next and hit it there.

[OoC]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack (half action)
[/OoC]
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #807 on: June 17, 2018, 03:02:37 PM »
"Come on boys! Let's get in there and lend a hand, otherwise their going to rip us apart!" Desmond say's to the soldiers around, trying to rally them and get them to charge in and join the inner fight.

Just to add some weight to it, Desmond will then open a vox link to Lady Sun. "Lady Sun, we have hostile contacts on the inside. We need to get more men in there and deal with it. Would you order some of your soldiers in with me to lend support? If we can get to the top and silence those guns, then we can all move in and claim the structure."

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #808 on: June 17, 2018, 07:11:00 PM »
Frustrated with his miss, Petrus aims again and swings. His chainsword itching for xenos  blood
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #809 on: June 21, 2018, 05:19:24 PM »
@DS & AG:

A flurry of blows with a screaming chainsword and the booming of shotguns, followed by the crack of a hellpistol, mark the next moves of this strange seven on one fight.

The Eldar dodges Petrus' chainsword practiced ease, all the while merely swatting Jace's pistol out of the way, causing it to discharge harmlessly in too the ceiling!

The House Troopers who are waiting behind you have no clear shot and thusly hold their fire.

@Gankom:

Player prompt- Role fellowship

@xath:

"Perhaps, but if we bring in that much firepower we might as well be signing Jace & Pertus' death warrants. It will bring the tower right down on top of them" Hasarian remarks "Besides which, if I hear what I think over the comms those two are having a hard enough time alrady" 

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #810 on: June 25, 2018, 12:37:25 PM »
When the foul Xenos knocks his pistol from his hand, Jace cries out in equal measures of surprise and frustration. He angrily tears the scarf from his forehead and stares at the Eldar, opening his third eye and subjecting the creature to the madness of the Warp...

[OoC="actions"]
- Lidless stare, aimed at the Xenos and hopefully not at Petrus or the soldiers!
[/OoC]

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #811 on: June 25, 2018, 02:25:29 PM »
[OOC: Fellowship roll 44]

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #812 on: July 04, 2018, 09:42:55 AM »
@Gankom

You know little about what is going on in the Jade Guards head, nor can you read him with the full mak on his face. However by his body language, you can tell he is not amused with you truing to give him orders.

@DS & AG:

The xenos, now ready once again is caught off guard by Jace' gaze but before anything happens, the Navigator crumples to the floor! The berobed figure jerks and spasims!

The eldar twirls and swings it's sword at Petrus, however the battle hardened preacher brings his chain sword around and blocks the strike! Nor caught in a bind and seemingly offended that a mere human could match it in swordsmanship, the creature is to distracted to notice the House Troopers rack their shotguns' slides and fire again.

This time, a pair of slugs smack in to the xenos' side and seem to punch through the armour and hit something important, as the figure collapses in a pool of blood!

Combat over!

Player prompt: DS you rolled over 100 so... ::heretic::

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #813 on: July 05, 2018, 01:42:06 AM »
Seeing his efforts failing and no return message from Lady Sun, Desmond sighs. "Well contact your Lady yourself. Maybe if we get into that tower soon we'll actually take it in one piece instead of leveling it."

Drawing his own side arm he'll turn to get ready to get in, but not leave just yet.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #814 on: July 06, 2018, 09:49:01 AM »
'Gah!' Jace cries out, the backlash of his ability wracking his body with pain. One moment everything goes black, the next, he finds himself on the floor, his limbs moving against his will. As if in a dream, he witnesses Petrus firing at the Eldar and killing it, yet the elation of that victory is lost on the navigator as his body convulses on the floor. He should have known that a witch-race like the Eldar would not be affected by his sight, but that seeing the true nature of an Eldar would cause a navigator plenty of harm.

It takes quite some time for Jace to regain control of his body, and even when he does he is left bruised and panting on one knee. Finally, with the aid of one of the troopers, he gets to his feet, and walks over to the slain Eldar. He casts a hateful glance at the creature, before kneeling down beside the carcass. His fingers probe the Xenos's chest for a moment, and then Jace retrieves what he was after- a polished gemstone, the "spirit stone" of the creature. To no one in particular, he explains, 'I have studied the Eldar, ever since that faithful night in which they hunted me and stranded me upon that deserted planet. The Imperium's libraries are extensive, if one knows how to look. And that I do. I've learned about their race. Learned how to hurt them.'

'This,' he announces, 'is what their kind calls a spirit stone. The Eldar believe that in death, their souls go into these stones, to keep them from falling into the hands of the Dark Gods. The stones are then transported to their home planet, to be added to a hive mind of sorts.' Jace scoffs at the superstition. 'I do not know if there is any truth to that claim. But I do know all Eldar weep when one of their stones is lost.' He tosses the gemstone unceremoniously on the floor, then retrieves his hellpistol and fires at the stone, shattering it.

As he reloads, he calmly states, 'where one Eldar roams, more might go unseen. We must hurry to the roof- we might still be in danger.' Before leaving, though, he removes the Eldar's helmet, and picks up its sword. Then he brings the weapon down on the Eldar's neck, decapitating it. Lifting it by the creature's long hair, he smiles at it thinly. 'This shall make for an excellent trophy.' Then he puts his grisly totem away, along with the helmet and sword.

Jace then looks at Petrus and each of the troopers in turn. 'Let us go hunt for more Eldar, shall we?'

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #815 on: July 06, 2018, 09:57:38 AM »
Petrus nods with grim satisfaction. Jaces retribution sits well with him as he holsters his weapons. He follows making sure he crunches the shards underfoot as he goes.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #816 on: July 10, 2018, 01:41:01 PM »
"Entry teams - report" barks Icarus, as he checks the various readings on his tank's rune-filled screens. "What's going on out there? Petrus, Jace? What's your status?" He scopes the temple's exterior through the view slit, while also commanding the driver to slowly start moving the vehicle forward.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

Gneisenau

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #817 on: July 11, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
Jace needs a moment to realize the voice in his ear was Bane talking over the comm beads, before rousing himself from gathering his grisly trophy. 'Jace to Bane,' he states solemnly, 'resistance encountered and eliminated. Suspicions were correct; we are dealing with the Eldar. One of their kind is dead, although I suspect more will be encountered on our way to the top of the temple. Reinforcements would be...' he says, halting to look at the household troops, who had the greatest difficulty putting even one Eldar down, '... prudent.'

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #818 on: July 12, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »
"Bloody xeno bastards" mutters Bane to himself. "All right Jace, I'll try and send some of my guys your way. Stay put!" Icarus checks his remaining men, who are available to reinforce the forward elements, while also calling Desmond and asking about his luck in negotiating with Lady Sun, about sending some of her men. He's sure that the whole ordeal is still hanging dangerously on edge and that without proper cooperation between everyone involved, it can turn into a catastrophe, very, very quickly.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 10:09:16 AM by Xathrodox86 »

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #819 on: July 12, 2018, 09:02:42 PM »
Desmond responds to Bane. "It looks like I'm not getting far here. Lady's Sun's men are less then willing to advance without her word, and she has yet to reply to me."

Desmond will unholster his pistol. "I'll vox her again and if that fails I'll move up to meet the reinforcements myself."

Pausing to switch vox channels he'll try and raise Lady Sun again. "My Lady, the battle has begun inside. We need to advance with all our forces or we risk this whole thing being smashed asunder."

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #820 on: July 13, 2018, 10:12:00 AM »
"Driver, full throttle! Take us forward!" Bane issues an order to tank's driver, while looking back at Hassarian. "My Lord, perhaps You could speak to Lady Sun about her being less useless and actually participating in this battle. If we'll loose more troops, she will have numerical superiority and you know what that means" he adds grimly, while carefully scrutinising his leader's face.

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #821 on: August 03, 2018, 10:07:25 PM »
@Gankom:

You hear Sun chuckle

"Yes you are right ofcourse Master Pyke, we might as well get on with it"

After a few moments you feel the rumbling of the tanks through the earth as the engines start up.

@Xath, DS & AG:

Your new house troopers arrive, with Hasarian and Bane in toe . Lady Sun and a number of her Jade Guard make up the final members of the strike party. Soon you are ready to advance again

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #822 on: August 06, 2018, 01:02:01 AM »
"All right boys, it's go time!" Desmond will say happily, drawing his pistol and moving up into the building.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
« Reply #823 on: August 09, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
"All elements, move in!" orders Bane, while looking through his tanks' range finder. "Spotters, check the upper floors. I don't want any nasty surprises waiting for us."

Gneisenau

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #824 on: August 09, 2018, 03:59:06 PM »
Petrus holsters his chainsword and draws the volcano and moves to join the troops
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020