home

Author Topic: Dark Stars Game thread IC  (Read 96414 times)

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
« Reply #825 on: August 20, 2018, 11:06:21 AM »
Jace calmly observes the reinforcements approaching. 'Welcome,' he starts, his voice even. 'We have slain one of the Xenos,' he continues, indicating the decapitated Eldar at his feet, 'but I expect we will find more on our way to the rooftop.' The faintest hint of a smile appears on his lips. 'More thropies,' he adds darkly.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Captain Dob Van Dwi

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #826 on: September 11, 2018, 03:19:57 AM »
@Everyone:

The steps of the tower seem warm under your feet as you ascend to the top. You notice too that there seems to be little in the way of guards at this moment
I choose too keep "Old Warhammer" alive with my blood sweat and tears.

It's bad that warhammer might die but it would be a tragedy if it stays dead!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #827 on: September 11, 2018, 08:09:39 PM »
Gun drawn, Desmond will join the others in advancing up the stairs. He's careful to stay in the middle of the pack (where it's somewhat safer) and behind the bulk of Bane.

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #828 on: September 19, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »
I'm still in the tank Gankom. ;)

"All elements, report." orders Bane, while making sure that his tank is ready to fire or accelerate towards attack speed, at a moment's notice. "Give me a sit rep, what do you see out there?" he asks calmly, while scanning his surroundings, using the Macharius's periscope.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #829 on: September 19, 2018, 02:25:05 PM »
(Are you trying to tell me we're NOT trying to have the tank advance up the stairs?! I thought we were eccentric adventurers!)

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #830 on: September 28, 2018, 12:11:06 PM »
@Everyone:

As the tank tries to smash it's way in to the tower the rest of you notice that the air seems to be growing colder, your breath mists in the air.

Odd, considering it was blazing hot a moment ago. 

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #831 on: September 30, 2018, 08:27:11 PM »
"Filthy alien magics!" Desmond calls out warningly, and keeps his finger on the trigger. "We must be getting close. Keep advancing men!"

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #832 on: September 30, 2018, 11:51:37 PM »
‘Keep hold of your faith! It will be sorely tested - Advance and purify!’
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020
Yes, even W:AoS.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #833 on: October 01, 2018, 01:48:26 AM »
"Gird yourself in the Armor of Contempt." Desmond agrees, advancing beside the missionary.

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #834 on: October 01, 2018, 07:15:23 PM »
'More Eldar,' Jace says, his voice colder than the air around them by far. 'Retribution is a fine thing, and I shall have it in spades this day. The Emperor is kind indeed.' Looking back over his shoulder at the tank forcing its way through the narrow halls, his voice loses some of its vitriol. 'Is... Is that a common tactic for the armoured division,' he inquires with a great deal of doubt written on his face.
Wartales online campaigns, dedicated to bringing you the best in online warhammer campaigns!

Offline Xathrodox86

• Members
  • He Who Fights Monsters
    • https://www.facebook.com/michalgorzanski
« Reply #835 on: October 17, 2018, 01:39:00 PM »
"The Emperor protects and we obey, over the hiiiillss and faaaaar awaaaaaay!" sings Bane, urging his crew to drive faster so that he can hit the enemy with his sword. "Have a little more faith Jace, we're fighting unorthodoxily. Thus our enemies won't know what will hit them!" he adds with a guttural laughter.
Check out my wargaming blog "It always rains in Nuln". Reviews, rants and a robust dose of wargaming and RPG fun guaranteed. ;)

http://italwaysrainsinnuln.blogspot.com/

"Dude, that's not funny. Xathrodox would never settle for being a middleman."

Gneisenau

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #836 on: October 25, 2018, 12:20:57 AM »
@Everyone:

The entire Temple trembles with ancient, arcane power! A psychic shockwave explodes outwards from the platform atop the structure, striking all around it to the ground and shaking the fern forests to their core!

The power washes over you and as some fall unconscious, you all feel your vision darken.

Suddenly, you are adrift in cold night, uncaring alien stars glaring malevolently from the impossible depths of interstellar space.

Across the black vista sweeps a line of celestial force, a thread perhaps of the very fabric that binds the universe together. Your mind’s eye follows that etheric strand as it describes the weft and weave of reality, converging on a single star lost to the depths of night. The star is blazing so brightly it nigh blinds you, yet you meet its celestial gaze without blinking. Across its seething face passes a small, black orb, which in a moment more has expanded to fill your entire field of vision.

Upon the surface of the orb, now revealed to be a verdant world beloved of the ancients, lies a rune. It is a thing of utter beauty, yet it shatters even as you watch, shards splitting off as if in slow motion to careen across space. Each shard of the broken rune comes to rest far away, each upon the surface of a different world to lie, undiscovered, for eons.

With a start you return to the real world. 

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #837 on: October 25, 2018, 04:15:08 AM »
"By the God-Emperor himself." Desmond gasps, trying to keep from retching. "That was... not what I was expecting. What have the Eldar done? Some kind of ritual? Did we just experience the backwash of it?"

Remembering the Eldar, Desmond tries to straighten up in case their suddenly attacked in their time of weakness.

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #838 on: October 30, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »
Almost cross eyed with head splitting pain, Petrus resorts to bellowing battle hums to gyrd himself and the house troopers. Words of faith and strength resonate in the space.
Mathi Alfblut Feb 4,2017 Simple, You gut the bastard with your sword, the viking way.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #839 on: October 30, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »
Reeling from the vision, Jace leans against the wall with one hand, and clutches his head with the other. 'Eldar trickery,' he snarls as dizziness gives way to indignation, then outrage. Panting, he turns to his fellows. 'Whatever that was,' he pants, his vision still hazy, his body wracked with sudden fatigue, 'I surmize it is nothing good. I suggest we move up, and eliminate these wretched Xenos witches once and for all.'

Then, without waiting, he continues his ascent to the temple's roof, very much looking forward to killing more Eldar...

• Members
  • Just jiven'
« Reply #840 on: December 17, 2018, 03:24:44 PM »
@Everyone:

You climb with determination and soon reach the portal that can only be the top of the tower.

Hauling yourselves over the final step and on to the platform atop the temple structure, you see before you a wide-open space, its surface inscribed with arcane sigils and runes. Standing in the centre of the space are six humanoid forms, each clad in flowing robes and wearing a graceful yet decidedly alien helmet.

The aliens are poised as if entrapped in amber, their arms raised in invocation. All about them swirls a vortex of witchfire, linked, so it seems, to the runes engraved in the surface of the platform. You see that the aliens are beginning to fade, their forms becoming transparent. And with them, the very temple structure on which you stand is flickering in and out of reality even as you watch.

What you assume are the wytch's bodyguards whip around as if surprised that you still draw breath.

Player prompt: Combat!

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #841 on: December 19, 2018, 04:35:10 PM »
Expecting this, Desmond opens fire on the nearest bodyguard.

"Fire away men! Clear a path for our specalists to go after the witches!"

(OOC: If Desmond is still carrying some grenades, which I think he wanted to get back when they were on the ship, he'll lob one of those bad boys into the middle of them.)

Offline Artobans Ghost

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
« Reply #842 on: December 19, 2018, 04:43:12 PM »
Petrus joins in the shooting of the guards. 1 hand aiming, the other reaching for the chainsword.
Questions?

GP Jan 4, 2020

Offline Demonslayer

• Members
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2018, 09:16:13 PM »
Jace's face contorted, but he remained quiet. His fist tightened in the face of the hated Xenos daring to approach him, crumpling the silk scarf dancing in this unnatural wind. His memories threathened to take him back several years, to those horrific nights where he had been hunted. To when he had been prey to these witch-xenos, their terrifying cries echoing beneath the dark forest's canopy. Jace trembled at the memories, but pushed them back. He would not allow himself to be distracted. Not now.

Not when he could hurt them.

Slowly, he opened his third eye, his natural eyes blinking as reality and the Warp formed a nightmarish composite before his mind's eye. He held on to reality for a little while longer, hesitant as he was to see only the Warp despite a lifetime of training. Then he closed his eyes and saw only the Warp-signature of each being, a malevolent shadow copy of what was...

… and those who looked back would have their minds shattered by what they saw lurking behind his eye.

[OoC]Standard Action: Use Navigator Power (Lidless Stare)[/OoC]