home

Author Topic: Tales of Fassberg  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Erik Von Karlson

• Members
Tales of Fassberg
« on: December 18, 2011, 04:14:29 AM »
Just some fluff I wrote a while ago to go with my growing Middenland army. Hope you enjoy!

The year is 2524 and Emperor Karl Franz reigns from his throne in Atdorf.  The Empire is slowly rebuilding from a massive invasion know simply as the Storm of Chaos.  Everywhere orcs, beastmen, skaven and all manner of foul creatures are taking advantage of the ruin and are raiding and pillaging the weakened settlements and towns throughout The Empire; small towns are being abandonded and larger, walled cities, already overpopulated, are steadily swelling to even greater populations.

But, deep in the heart of Middenland, people are not so easily frightened, no, Middenland breeds the hardiest of men who worship Ulric before Sigmar; its soldiers notoriously the toughest in the empire; its people hardened from the unforgiving land and freezing climate.  It is rumored that a small town with a population of only 50, women, children and men, held off 2 tribes of beastmen for 36 hours untill the count's army showed up, only to find their work done for them and a massive pyre of beastmen burning in the town square as an offering to Ulric.

There is one such army know throughout Middenland as being the hardest and most disiplined around, led by the venerable Erik Von Karlson, and Atdorf-born noble kicked out of his house at the age of seven for dishonoring his family at a royal feast.  As he wandered through the Drakwald he stumbled upon a pack of wolves, fearing for his life he drew his only weapon- a four inch dagger, he he waited for the wolves to strike but instead they turned and barked as if beckoning for him to follow.  Erik, unsure whether to run or follow, figured he had nothing to lose, so he followed the wolves and ended up at the small village of Fassberg, where he was welcomed by a seemingly unusually nice man, who would adopt Erik and raise him as his son.  Erik took this as a sign from the god Ulric and worshiped him from that day onward.  Erik Von Karlson quikly rose through the ranks of the Middenland army, performing great and heroic deeds, making his name known throughout Middenland and becoming something of legend.
My Middenland Army: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=37453.0

There is no facepalm that can fully illustrate the state of mind I am currently in...