home

Author Topic: T9A: More Than Just Renaming  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Karak Norn Clansman

• Members
T9A: More Than Just Renaming
« on: January 12, 2019, 02:34:11 PM »

Offline Zak

• Members
  • Mad Viking
    • Mad Viking
Re: T9A: More Than Just Renaming
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »
cool
Yes I'm dyslexic so what

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 07:56:56 AM »
Honestly, it's a nice idea, but no one who didn't play WHFB and wants to continue with it is ever going to look at T9A.

I'm sorry, but... it's just not going to happen.

I also find it rather surprising that the image macro there harps on Tolkien so much when Tolkien does not appear to be any especial influence on this, but never mind.

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:10:20 AM »
Honestly, it's a nice idea, but no one who didn't play WHFB and wants to continue with it is ever going to look at T9A.

Happy to prove you wrong.  :icon_smile:
10% of those who answered the last T9A poll reported to have been in the Hobby for less than 4 years, i.e. started playing the game after The End Times.

Offline Gankom

• Members
  • The World Builder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 03:41:35 AM »
I'm not a huge fan of 9th, its just not grabbed me, but I would agree with Calisson. The 9th age community down here has a pretty healthy mix of old timers and new comers.

Offline FVC

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 05:48:02 PM »
Happy to prove you wrong.  :icon_smile:
10% of those who answered the last T9A poll reported to have been in the Hobby for less than 4 years, i.e. started playing the game after The End Times.[/quote]

You may take 'no one' in my post as hyperbole. 10% is an extremely small proportion, and I do wonder how those people - what are they in absolute numbers? - actually encountered Ninth Age. Already friends with players who carried over from WHFB, for instance?

I am skeptical, to say the least.

Offline Calisson

• Bar Brawlers
  • Members
  • From Druchii.net
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 09:46:00 AM »
See the glass half-empty or half-full <=> See 10% as extremely small or pretty healthy.

Here are the absolute numbers I have:
Out of the total of 897 replies, 88 have been in the Hobby for 4 years or less.
No information was asked about how they came to T9A.
The closest is how they learned about the poll:
53 learned about the poll through T9A website,
18 through local T9A Forum or Social Media Group (e.g. Facebook - including in other languages),
9 through other Tabletop game Forum or Social Media Group (e.g. Facebook - including websites such as this one),
8 referred to by a friend or other personal contact.

Offline Konrad von Richtmark

• Members
  • Marius Leitdorf Lives!
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 08:34:27 PM »
I wonder how that 10% would compare to the fraction of WFB players in 2015 prior to its discontinuation who had started within the last 4 years. I doubt it'd be much more. Or, for that matter, how the absolute number of T9A players who started within the last 4 years compares to the absolute number of WFB players during the first 4 years of the existence of said game.

Old WFB players are a large demographic of natural converts to T9A, it's entirely to be expected that they'd make up the great majority of the player base for years, regardless of the inherent appeal and marketability of T9A as a game. Heck, I'd be surprised if the numbers were actually that much different for Kings of War or, heck, Warmahordes even. Games Workshop games are simply the gateway to miniature gaming for a very large fraction of everyone who has ever played any.
The only good thing about 7th ed heads is that they look particularly inbred and superstitious which is perfect for Stirlanders