Warhammer-Empire.com

Galactic Conflicts => Warhammer 40k Discussion => Topic started by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 08, 2016, 04:34:09 AM

Title: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 08, 2016, 04:34:09 AM
You walk behind Master Hasarian. The metal decking of the docking bay rings as you walk.

Footfall...

A massive, sprawling void port of gigantic stone asteroids bound together by ornate bridges, flexible tunnels, and chains the size of voidships, all centred around a macrostatue of the most holy that stand kilometers high.  This statue, placed by Footfall's founder, the Rogue Trader Parsimus Derwin, looks out sadly over a morass of vice, degradation, perversion, sedition, mutation, and heresy.

The floating agglomeration of Footfall is situated just rimward of The Maw, transfixed in the hellish glare of the star Furibundus.

It was in this hellish glare that you and your ship Holy Venture, a Sword class, were nearly turned to dust by Footfall's trigger-happy gunners. However the mear mention of Hasarian's name abruptly ended the bombardment. You little of you new master at the moment.

However you know that he is imposing. The black beard, the heavy xeno fur pelt, even the way he walks. "A refined barbarian" A crew mate put it.

You can tell that beneath the braided moustache that the man is smirking. Hes Happy to be here!

Unlike you. This is the first time on the massive void station of rock and chain. A floating settlement of scum.

As you reach one of the great airlocks that serve at the entrances to Footfall, Hasarian smiles.

"Brace yourselves" he says

With an angry burst of venting gases, the armoured airlock portal swings outwards. As the swirling miasma clears, a thousand sights, sounds and smells assault your senses simultaneously. Stepping through, you find yourself in a huge, vaulted space, the walls made of roughly-hewn stone dripping with the corruption of ages.

This is the Footfall longshore, and it is crowded with hundreds of void-farers, labourers, servitors, merchants, and scum—all swearing, grunting or calling out the values of their wares. If you expected a welcoming party, you’re disappointed— this is Footfall, where money and blood are the only currency.

Hasarian takes a deep sniff of air.

"AH! You smell that lads? That, is the smell of progress!" he says spreading is arms wide as if to take it all in "That is the smell of the boundaries of the Imperium spreading!"

He turns back to you, so you can talk face to face.

"I never tire of visiting this place. Is it not glorious?" he asks


Player prompt: now would be a good time to ask about why Hasarian like Footfall, or why it is so important or even just to take it all in.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 08, 2016, 01:12:13 PM
Jace followed, regarding the surroundings with distate. Before disembarking he had wrapped his scarf around his head, concealing the third eye which would otherwise draw unwanted attention. But now, looking out over the unwashed masses, he doubted if anyone would understand its significance, or whether he would actually stand out among the myriad minor mutations. Indeed, it seemed their boisterous captain was taking up the spotlight, drawing the eyes of onlookers away from his retinue.

'To each their own, I suppose,' Jace replies absently, making no effort to hide the aversion in his tone. 'The fragrance notwithstanding, did you have a practical purpose in mind for our visit here?'

[OoC: Making an Awareness check to notice any potential pickpockets]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 08, 2016, 05:07:11 PM
Looking around Desmond can't help but grin.

"Ignoring the rather pungent scent, this place is fascinating. Think of what must pass through a place like this. Artifacts, cash, profit of a million different kinds."

Desmond occasionally taps his pocket to make sure his data slate hasn't gone missing, and keeps a watchful eye. In particular he's looking for anyone that might make a good contact in the future. Either for business or information. The swell, and indeed smell, of humanity is powerful.

"That said I'm as curious as the Navigator." He adds. "Do you have a goal in mind here bossman? Or are we just visiting a favorite port?"

[OoC: I'm not entirely sure if I'm doing it right, but can I do a Common Lore/Underworld check for some information on Footfall?]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 09, 2016, 04:12:29 AM
(OOC @DS: lets see if I recall hot to do this, AW check- 55-fail...)


Footfalls pickpockets seem to be quite today...


(OOC @Gankom: +10 underworld check- 86 super fail! :P)

Your brain has been working overtime of late. It seems this stress has clouded your memory some what... you could all ways ask Hasarian


"Indeed!" Hasarian says happily "In fact here come's our little friends now!"

You spot to Servo skulls floating over. One as a pict-projector built in too it eye sockets, while the other seem to be carrying a dispenser of smone kind.

The projector skull hovers before you.

Suddenly it's eye flashes to life...

The static-filled image resolves into a monstrous brute, a vaguely man-shaped creature consisting almost entirely of exquisitely crafted bionic augmentations. Even his face has been re-crafted into a stylised death’s head of chased silver, though the eyes remain disturbingly human. When he speaks, however, his voice is surprisingly soft.

“Greetings, honoured Rogue Trader Hasarian and crew. My name is Tanthus Moross, Liege of Footfall, and it gives me pleasure to welcome
you here, amongst so many of your august peers. If you so desire, would you honour the nobility of Footfall with your
presence at a small celebratory meal tonight?” 

Hasarian nods his head

"I would be honoured, My Liege" He says

"Very good" Moross says "You and your crew members will need these passes" he says

The Dispenser skull floats forward and gives you each a square token of blank, blue-black metal

"You will need these to enter the palace" Moross says "Fare well"

With that the image flickers out and the servo skulls float away.

"And there you have it my friends" Hasarian says "It may sound like a waste of time but when I heard that His Liege was holding a dinner I could not turn down the change to eavesdrop on the local nobility!"

Hasarian suddenly turns serious.

"I think something very inauspicious is about to happen soon" he says "I need to be sure, hence why we are here"

Suddenly Hasarian is boisterous once again

"But no need to worry about that right now" he says smiling "the Dinner is at least 6 hours away"

He turns way looking over his shoulder at you

"But come" He says "I know this fantastic Amasec bar not far from here!"

You follow Hasarian for a few minutes.

As you reach the the to the Amasec Bar you can't help but feel someone is watching you... 


Player prompt: Two things may be done- Try to reassure yourself that no one is there (WP check) or scan the crowd to be sure (AW Check)


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 09, 2016, 02:31:49 PM
Filthy. Vulgar. Overcrowded. That was all Jace could think of as he followed his captain, clutching the token he kept hidden in his pocket. They actually had to push their way past the crowd at times; none would clear a path for them, as if they were equals somehow. The navigator had half a mind to remove his scarf and carve a way through- wait, what was that?

[OoC: Another Awareness test for me then, followed by a Psyniscience test if I don't find anything.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 09, 2016, 04:55:02 PM
Desmond follows along behind, still looking around and taking in the exotic sights.

"Perhaps it would be wise to attempt to... approach some of the more well known figures or information brokers. See if we can't get a little intel on what's happening, before we show up tonight."

Yet he can't shake that strange feeling of being watched. Slightly worried Desmond starts focusing on the people around, trying to see if anyones taking an interest in them.

[OOC: Awareness for me as well I think.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 10, 2016, 10:28:41 AM
Icarus Bane follows his master dutifuly, his hands never far from his holstered Bolt Pistols.

"My lord", he says through his face-encompassing rebreather, "I think you should stay closer to me", he adds in his rasping voice. "I feel that we're being watched."

[OOC: Perception check as I subtly look around, my hand never straying too far from my shoulder holsters.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 10, 2016, 02:42:02 PM
(@everyone- so.... yeah all the checks failed....  hehehe... please don't kill me!)


Yes, someone is watching you. You are sure of it.

However, no matter how hard you try you can't seem to be able to pin point your watcher.

"You noticed we have a tail then?" Hasarian asks "Looks like things are progressing faster than I thought"

And with that mysterious comment floating in the air Hasarian opens the door to the Amasec bar and walks in.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 10, 2016, 02:56:10 PM
Icarus Bane walks a couple of paces in front of his master, shouldering away people, who'd otherwise get in their way and casting wary glances all around. His muscles are tense and his pumped up for a violent confrontation.

I ask Jace: "Navigator, is there any chance that you'd be able to spot our curious birds?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 10, 2016, 04:03:41 PM
'I shall keep my eyes open,' Jace mutters absent-mindedly. 'All of them, if need be.'

'Captain, were you expecting the attentions of a particular? Anyone we should be concerned about?' He glances about, wrinkling his nose at the scum and degenerates crowding the streets. 'More so than usual, I mean?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 10, 2016, 10:13:57 PM
(Non stop failed rolls, this is gonna be a good sign.)

Desmond stays silent, keeps an eye out and listens to the Captains response.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 11, 2016, 03:34:26 PM
"Hummm?" Hasarian says as he ushers you in to the Amasec bar "Oh yes, I suppose I am Echo"

As you enter the bar you can see that it is of a higher grade then most of the open bars you past. First it's actually nice inside, at least there no blood on the wood paneling.

As you take your seats in up-scale, if rather worn, arm chairs Hasarian goes on.

"Fellow Rogue Traders, Tau, secessionists looking to make a name for themselves with my blood. You know, the usual"

With that he puts one fur edged, booted foot on the small desk in front of you, as cigars and well aged amasec is brought over.

"Among other threats..." you overhear him mutter to himself


Player prompt: You now have three options. You may ask Hasarian about the above threats mentioned and why they would be after him, you may ake about the local nobles of Footfall or ask about the other RTs currently on Footfall.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 11, 2016, 07:11:02 PM
'An impressive list, to be sure. Speaking of Xenos, there is something I thought should be cleared up before the dinner party this evening.' He leans in closer, lowering his voice so only his companions can hear him.

'As you know I have worked under several captains, each of granted different rights by their warrant of trade. In particular, there were some with the right to perform cold trades with a number of Xenos races, while others were not. Does your warrant... Allow such for things?'

He leans back again, smiling weakly. 'I only mention this because, if you are expecting trouble with the blue ones as you say, perhaps negotiation might be the best approach? Provided, of course,' he adds hastily, turning to Desmond and Icarus, 'that we are all of one mind concerning this.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 12, 2016, 05:10:06 PM
"Ah yes, I almost forgot" Hasarian says "I have all ways thought of the Cold Trade as a nuisance and no the Hasarian Family Warrant of Trade dose not have such a clause within it' wording. Quite the opposite."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 12, 2016, 05:35:31 PM
Desmond looks almost disappointed. "Ah that would make great sense for a most pious servant of the Emperor. It will certainly be something to remember in the future. Still negotiations could provide other benefits as well. Information is always the most valuable currency." Desmond pauses and considers the situation.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 14, 2016, 09:03:34 AM
Bane looks around suspiciously, while toying with one of his Bolt Pistols under the table. "You know me master Hassarian. I'd follow you into the mouth of a Star Kraken, but I'm also glad that you do not wish to make any trade with them blue faced bastards." He whizzes through his breathing apartus. "Still, there's always one thing worse than a xeno, and that's a traitor" he adds quietly to himself.

[Continue rolling for perception.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 14, 2016, 10:32:53 AM
'One can hardly call any action "treason" when it is permitted by a warrant of trade. Which is why the matter piques my interest- it represents an opportunity to introduce the savage species of Xenos to the light of the God-Emperor. But,' he adds thoughtfully, 'you are right in that such things must be done within the bounds of Imperial law, lest we invite heresy.'

He smiles, casually gesturing to indicate he is done with the subject. 'At any rate, let us speak of this dinner party to which we have been invited so cordially. A mere six hours is short notice indeed. Exactly how classy will this event be? And do you care to speculate on the guest list?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 14, 2016, 08:33:50 PM
@Xath-Per Check: 5! Pass!

As you look about you finally spot your watcher. A dark hooded figure rest at the far back of the bar.

Hasarian smiles. He no doubt saw your sudden change in demeanor, when you saw your tail.

"Well done Icarus" he says "Don't be too hasty though, lets see what they do first"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 15, 2016, 09:12:23 AM
"The first axiom of defense is patience my lord. I have him in my sights and will not loose him". Bane slowly switches the safety on the Bolt Pistol, kept under the table.

"Jace, Desmond - can you cover the other parts of this joint? I don't want to loose our little watcher".

[OOC: I prepare for eventual confrontation, but don't do anything hasty or stupid.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 15, 2016, 04:23:34 PM
Desmond nods and nonchalantly drops his hands down towards his holster. "I'll do what I can." He says quietly before speaking louder. "Indeed bossman, what more can you tell us about tonight's festivities? Anyone of particular interest we should keep an eye out for?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 15, 2016, 07:51:41 PM
"Ah yes of course" Hasarian says "Well, His Liege will of course be there... "

From what you gather from Hasarian, Moross was an ill-tempered, machine-enhanced recidivist until he abruptly murdered the last Liege during a confrontation between factions in 808.M41. As Footfall’s Liege, Moross has lasted longer than most, perhaps because his horizons are narrow. He has shown little interest in attempting to control the port, and far greater regard for collecting bribes from factions who enjoy this state of affairs. He uses this wealth to purchase concubines and increasingly ornate augmentations.

Moross is now almost a vehicle in human form, a strange sight indeed amidst the silks of his audience bedchamber, surrounded by fearful body slaves. Suspicious minds wonder what is hidden behind this brute of a figurehead—and whether he is truly as simple as he seems.

"With that in mind it is likely that the Slave Guild's Master will be there as well, as the two have always gotten along for the reasons I have just stated above. I have only ever seen the man once, they call him, The Provisor..."

Hasarian goes on to tell you that, The Provisor is a member of the sinister slavers known as the Tutors. The Provisor is the intermediary through which most that have dealings with the masters of the Red Schola come to an arrangement. A disturbing figure, the features of the Provisor’s face are pushed out of place by the tubing of lifepreserving bionics which snake all around his body, swathed in dark grey robes hemmed with deepest red.

The Provisor is calculating, scrupulous to a fault in business dealings, and utterly ruthless when the opportunity arises toexploit the oversights of others. More than one potential slave owner has failed to carefully plan his transaction with the Tutors and been enslaved and broken for his carelessness.

"That being said, the only other force that I'm sure will be in play at the dinner will be The Kasballica Mission..."

The Kasballica, a great shadow-conclave of Drusus Marches crime barons, watches the exploration of the Halo Stars with interest. The Cold Trade in xenos artefacts (such as rainbowsheen materials from dead worlds of the Egarian Dominion) spreads from the Koronus Passage to run throughout the Calixis Sector and is a fountain of wealth for Kasballica factions.

The crime barons send trusted retainers into the Maw to cultivate Rogue Traders and ensure that a sufficient cut of the Cold Trade flows into their coffers. The Kasballica Mission in Footfall consists of skilled negotiators, ruthless enforcers, and merchants of forbidden goods and services.
If the price is right they can provide, purchase, or arrange transport for almost anything.

"And that is why the Cold Trade is so deadly here on Footfall Echo, it's one of the more practical reasons why I don't practice the Trade"

Hasarian runs a hand through his thick, chest length, black beard.

"I have no idea who they will send though" he goes on "Of course there will be Other Rogue Traders, any number of scum and the more unhinged members of Fottfall's nobility attending the dinner as well"

He pauses

"Now I'm sure that you are wondering why a mere dinner would attract such parties no?" he lets the question hang
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 16, 2016, 01:36:10 AM
Desmond will take the bait. "I assume there's fame and fortune to be had aint there? Must be something real valuable to get a collection like that in one place. Not exactly a mere dinner." he grins and enjoys the thought of a dinner like this. "Heck I'm excited all ready."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 16, 2016, 09:45:46 AM
Bane laughs gratingly through his ruined mouth.

"It dosen't matter who they are. What matters is our plan. How are we going to benefit from that little meeting of scum, my lord?" he asks, slowly putting his finger on the Bolt pistol's trigger and applying the gentlest pressure to it.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2016, 01:10:47 PM
Hasarian leans in...

"Tell me you three, have you ever heard of the Seven Witches of Footfall?" he looks at you "No? Well..."

Hasarian adopts the Voice of a storyteller

"Few things scare the hardened scum of Footfall like the Seven Witches: hidden psykers who curse the fates of all that cross them. Few know anything more of the Seven Witches and their servants, but some powerful Rogue Traders have sought them out for council, or so
that they will augur what awaits them in the Expanse.

The witches never leave their inner Sanctum. However, on occasion their silent and implacable guards appear at the Liege’s Court bearing scraps of soiled parchment. These missives contain demands and cryptic warnings of doom the powers of Footfall treat with great seriousness."

Hasarian stops to laugh at the looks on you faces

"I know, sounds silly don't it?" he says getting his laughing fit under control "But I assure you that it's true. The only reason that the Witch Hunters haven't come for them is that they are to far outside the general Imperium to be considered a threat."

He pauses to make sure your watcher is still there...

He goes on

"Remember when I says something inauspicious is about to happen soon? Well this year will mark the first time the Seven have made a pronouncement in three decades to the general public of Footfall" he looks you over once again "There is no way that the dinner is a coincidence, hence why we are going"

His mood is right once again as he leans back in his chair

"As too what the pronouncement will be... well I have no idea!" He says smiling "You never know with the Seven, that's half the fun!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 16, 2016, 01:21:10 PM
"Witches!" Icarus inhales sharply. "We're going to consult renegade psykers? That's asking for trouble m'lord." - he adds in calmer voice, not looking away from the figure dressed in black.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2016, 01:36:56 PM
"Have no fear Icarus, the Seven are merely seers that can only see three days ahead at a time, the worst they could do too you is tell you what your breakfast is going to be for the next few days"

Hasarian lights up a cigar and takes a pull

He blows blue-grey smoke in too the air

"Sides which, their minders will dispense with them should things get out of hand" he looks at the clock on the wall "Anywho I doubt those minders will even let us enter the same room as the Witches, we'll most likely be watching through psy-protective glass"
 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 16, 2016, 01:43:16 PM
"In that case I do feel a bit... safer." Icarus sips a small ammount of Amasec. "By the Throne! This stuff tastes like Grox piss!" He winces under his rebreather. "What's the time table for that meeting anyway?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2016, 01:48:48 PM
"With the Seven? No clue, sometimes it can be long, short, even days, though I doubt that it will be that long this time around"

He pauses

"If you are asking about the dinner I don't think it will be more than 4 hours long"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 16, 2016, 02:30:11 PM
Jace had remained silent for a bit, taking in the information offered by his employer. 'So in short, we are planning to attend a gathering hosted by a decadent tech-addict, with a guest list consisting of slavers, traitors and unsanctioned psykers. In a station where several organizations have a grudge against you, personally, at least one of which is actively watching us as we speak.'

The navigator sighs, setting aside his amasec untouched at Icarus' assessment of the beverage. 'Honestly captain, I fail to see what you intend to achieve by attending this dinner party. The rambling nonsense of soothsaying witches? Pfah!'

He sighs, taking a moment to regain his composure. 'I am sorry, captain. Ultimately the decision is yours, and I will defer to your greater expertise in spotting opportunities for business. But I do feel compelled to point out that perhaps the wisest course of action would be to leave this place, before the Inquisition comes to purge this den of renegades.'

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2016, 03:37:01 PM
Hasarian smiles

"I doubt we need to worry Echo. There are enough Inquisitors here on Footfall already!"

He glances about

"As for our watcher... shes a xenos"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 16, 2016, 06:16:29 PM
"Better and better." Desmond adds at the mention the newest revelation. "Least you seem pretty knowledgeable about whats going on, my heads already spinning. What good are these psykers if they can only give us three day's notice?" He pauses and considers the Xeno watcher, slavers and psykers suddenly in the picture. "Although if it really was valuable information... that would explain the large rush. Everyone and their uncle will be trying to get in on it."

Desmond leans forward a bit and sips the foul liquid. "Are you expecting a talk with this xeno or should we be prepared for something more... bang bang like?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2016, 06:49:33 PM
"Don't know" Hasarian  says "If she has a wish to attack she would have done it by now. I rarely have contact with her kind, the Eldar. They don't leave their Craftworlds often, least of all to travel to Footfall of all places."

He sips his amasec

"Damn, if only she would let down that hood I would be able to tell what Craftwold shes from..."

Suddenly the Eldar get up and leaves the bar.

"No!" Hasarian snaps under his breath "Don't follower her, if shes left that means she could have found a new target. That could work to our advantage"

He stands up

"Sides which we should head for the transport hub. We have burned enough time, it will take us at least a few hours to get a station shuttle booked."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 17, 2016, 08:45:15 AM
"What if she's gonna snitch about us to her mates?" - asks Bane. "I don't fancy them pointy eared bastards making an ambush and taking us by surprise." - he adds, while slowly putting the safety on and holstering his pistol. "The hub would be a perfect place to attack a group of high value targets. I say we keep our wits sharp and our trigger fingers ready" - he adds with a light rasp.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 17, 2016, 10:41:53 AM
Jace says nothing, but visibly clenches his jaw at the mention of the Eldar.

[OoC: Psyniscience checks to track the Eldar. After all, Eldar are all psychic, right?]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 17, 2016, 04:36:14 PM
@DS- Psyn check: 16!

You can feel that shes going in the opposite way. You can tell she has a new target in mind. No other eldar are near by. Obviously just an advanced scout.



Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 17, 2016, 08:01:19 PM
'The witch-xenos has picked up a new scent, it seems. And it hunts alone. A perfect opportunity to cleanse the galaxy of its presence, I might add. And to no doubt ingratiate ourselves to its next target.' He eyes the captain, then his fellow crewmen before shrugging casually. 'For whoever was so inclined, of course.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 17, 2016, 08:35:25 PM
"Could have valuables worth salvaging." Desmond adds rubbing his chin. "Although I'm not so sure killing should always be step one. Could be worth a talk... or interrogation... to find out what their after. Or what they know."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 17, 2016, 09:22:54 PM
"While both good suggestions gentlemen, I fear we may be tied up for the near future" Hasarian says as he points forward

From the crowd emerge nine, grey clad fellows. Their double-breasted uniform coats are covered in ink stains, the dirty epaulettes on their coats scream dog tiered workers. .

They approach

"Greetings Captain" says their leader, a slight bald headed fellow "We are officers of The Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis, here on Footfall. May we Have a word?"


Player Prompt: You Have four options-  You may shoo them away, look them over, try to recall the AO or play along
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 18, 2016, 12:37:17 AM
Desmond will try and recall the AOI. He's sure during his time as seneschal he would have come across such an 'illustrious' organisation.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 18, 2016, 08:17:29 AM
Jace stares absently at the nearest wall, his mind still occupied with the Eldar. He does not acknowledge the newcomers- dealing with Imperial officials was a task for Desmond or the captain, after all.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 18, 2016, 10:44:03 AM
Icarus lazily places his hands on his Bolt pistols' grips and looks them over. If it comes to violence he will be prepared.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 18, 2016, 08:44:26 PM
@Gankom: CL Imperium roll-17Pass

You recall that Footfall has no branch of the Administratum called the AO. You also recall that Asministratum flunkies where black robes, not uniforms.

Player Prompt: How do you want to play it Gankom?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 19, 2016, 12:27:20 AM
Desmond takes a half step forward and gives the men his most appraising stare.

"Oh really? I have not heard of such an... organisation. Nor do I recognize your uniform in anyway." he states calmly. Then he turns and motions toward the Captain. "Do you know who this is? Lord Hasarian is a very busy, and a very important man. He does not have time to deal with every minor port side group claiming authority. If you have something important, or better yet helpful, to say, say it. Otherwise we have places to be and people to say."

Desmond will do his best to look important and confident.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 19, 2016, 11:21:07 PM
The bald man raises an eyebrow

"Yes I know who he is" he replies "That's why we are talking to him"

You notice a few of the men behind him shuffle about. Most likely to get better firing angles for the compact pistols they no doubt carry. However they appear rather nervous.

All except their bald leader who is staring you right in the eye

"As for our uniforms, we are member of the security team for AO" he says "After all, accidents can happen, Footfall is not a safe place"

He smiles

"We make sure that doesn't happen" The bald man says

An obvious lie...   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 20, 2016, 05:06:39 AM
"Yes it would be just terrible for an... accident to occur." Desmond responds raising an eyebrow. "However I'm sure you can see that my lords retinue is well equipped to deal with such accidents." He makes sure to motion towards Bane in particular. "Deal with them very thoroughly indeed. Your 'security' team shouldn't trouble themselves with us, that would be most unwise."

(I don't know the system great still, I'm trying to do something like an intimate or diplomacy check.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 21, 2016, 09:02:41 AM
Bane is standing straight, his chin raised a bit as he looks coldly into the officer's eyes. "We have places to be. I'm sure that if you'll send us a message, our master will find the time to answer all your questions and needs... eventually."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 21, 2016, 10:55:37 PM
The bald man looks Bane up and down wil a master combatants eye

"Yes" he says "I suppose you do have places to be don't you?"

He waves his men off

"We'll be in touch Master Hasarian" he says

As he and his men walk away Hasarian raises an eyebrow

"Well it seems that the protection business is still alive and well on Footfall" he remarks... 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 21, 2016, 11:12:58 PM
"It's always nice to meet the locals." Desmond adds with a grin. "Now I guess we're off to a far more politically subtle danger eh?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 22, 2016, 11:24:10 AM
"Are the hicks around here always so unsufferable? I was this close to feed that man his own, dumb smirk" Icarus grumbles behind his mask. "Can we please just go to that blasted meeting? I'm affraid that if we'd met any more "tough" guys, I'm going to seriously snap."

[OOC: Look behind our backs from time to time, to see if they're not following us.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 24, 2016, 03:04:16 AM
Hasarian smiles

"I'm sure the machine spirits of your let and right bolt pistols would enjoy you cutting loose Icarus, however I don't think that we will be bothered for now"

He gestures ahead of you

"Transport hub is this way" he says "Let's make our way there, there are a few shops on the way so we can browse as we walk"

With that you set off...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 24, 2016, 10:39:09 PM
Desmond will nod, but keep an eye out for followers. As they head to the hub he'll inspect the shops to see whats for sale, as well as keep an eye out for general information. If he's to be a decent seneschal, he'll need to make some contacts here. Both in the underworld, and the open market.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 25, 2016, 03:31:11 PM
Jace blinks, as if he was lost in a dream and only snapping out of it just now. 'Yes, yes, very well, lead the way.' While traversing the station's halls, the Navigator seems deep in thought, paying no attention to the goods being sold. Whatever trinkets are available are no doubt unsuited for any sort of interplanetary trade, and local business does not seem to concern him as much.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 26, 2016, 02:04:02 AM
|Nothing Interesting eh Jace?" Hasarian asks "Can't say I blame you, the real good stuff is in Footfall's core markets. I'm sure we will get a chance to look at the before we leave"

He pauses and looks over his shoulder at you

"Speaking of Footfall, do you lads have any more questions for me as we walk?"




Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 28, 2016, 02:21:10 PM
With no replies Hasarian nods and quickens his pace.

It take you an hour to reach the transport hub, with the crowds as this as they are.

You wait in line to get your pass.

Half an hour later, you take you seat on a private shuttle and you look though the port windows. As you look you can see your destination, The Liege's Court.

"You know" Hasarian says "they sat that the Court in one of the oldest structures in Footfall, the regal transepts and pillared, ornate halls are where the Liege receives those of sufficient importance to warrant a formal welcome. That the Liege’s throne is beauteous alabaster, an ancient masterwork engraved with a hundred scenes of the God-Emperor’s victories, said to have been looted from the wreck of a warship during a long ago war, and equipped with embedded field generators to shield its delicate surface"

Hasariam smiles

"If true, I've seen better" Hasarian leans back in his seat on the shuttle "if you don't have any more questions you might as well take a nap. It will take about two and a half hours to dock"


Player prompt: Now would be a good time too ask some more questions
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 28, 2016, 08:37:19 PM
Desmond gazes at the structure out the window and whistles. "Fancy. Could get real crazy though, sounds like there's going to be an awful lot of... ambitious people in there."

He leans back and cracks his knuckles. "Anything in particular you want us to keep an eye out for bossman?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 29, 2016, 08:54:59 AM
'Those of sufficient importance? I was under the impression that Footfall was a rimward facility frequented mostly by merchants and criminals, its power lent to it by those it caters to, not by any official institution of Terra. Exactly where does this "liege" stand in the hierarchy of galactic politics?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 29, 2016, 11:54:10 AM
Hasarian strokes his beard "Technically, Footfall is "ruled" by the Liege of Footfall, currently that's Tanthus Moross, as I said before. The Liege is a simple figurehead with no real power. Though I suspect that, should he desire too, that Moross could take over Footfall if he wished. With the friendship of the Tutors, The Slaves Guild I mentioned before, he could muster a large army of Slave Warriors that could dominate Footfall."

Hasarian sits upright

"Speaking of no power, it has just occurred too me that I have not told you the most important law on Footfall, the only law that is" he pauses and looks at each of you with a level stare

"There is an old law, held almost sacrosanct by the powers and people of Footfall. Whenever a Rogue Trader visits Footfall, he rules the station."

He lets another pause fill the air to let it sink in

"However should several visit at once, the most senior Rogue Trader, a nebulous definition, to be sure, rules the station. While Rogue Traders seldom show any interest in actually ruling here, this position of authority, enforced by the raw power of their starships and plentiful armsmen, usually ensures no fool disrupts Footfall's carefully balanced society by messing with them. The Liege foolish enough to ignore this takes his life in his hands"

"That means I may not be the powerhouse here" he says "The very fact of the matter is that Footfall is on a knifes edge. With myself, other Rogue Traders and the power bases all attending this dinner, on the eave of a pronouncement by The Seven, Footfall may be on the brink of civil war, a power grab or even invasion by the outside"

He leans back once again

"I hope you understand now why this Pre-Pronouncement dinner is important. A war between Rogue Traders would be catastrophic too Footfall. Footfall would be destroyed and the Expanse would fall, have no doubt of that. It's the only way in and the only way out."

He smiles once again

"However I doubt it will be that bad" he says "I just though you should now what we are getting in too, but no matter what The Seven's Pronouncement may be, lets keep cool heads aye?"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 30, 2016, 08:11:37 AM
"My liege" rasps Bane, "in light of these revelations I must advice that we take upmost caution!" Icarus looks around him suspiciously. "This is the perfect opportunity for all sorts of troublemakers and assassins to make their move."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 30, 2016, 05:48:55 PM
"Oh cool heads, aye aye captain." Desmond responds empathetically. "Nothing but from me. Sounds like it's going to get hectic and that's for sure." He stops talking for a moment and considers what the captain was saying. "This Moross... he can't be to pleased with all these rogue traders around. Sounds like a proud man, doubt he'd like so many powerful people in his home turf. Let alone if there's some ancient rules about them being kings instead of him."

He turns his head a bit to glance at the Captain. "So we're doing our best to safeguard Footfall then?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 30, 2016, 07:57:08 PM
Jace smiles at Desmond's question. 'Can't imagine why we would do such a thing. Perhaps our captain is close to having seniority over his fellow rogue traders? If so, this might be a good opportunity for him to... Increase his seniority. Perfect opportunity for all sorts of troublemakers, as Bane points out. And having a strategically positioned space station at your disposal can't be such a terrible thing. Even if it is a cesspool of vile lowlifes.'

He shrugs then, adding 'Merely looking at one of many paths forward, of course, as is my purpose in our endeavour. The choice of which path we take is, as always, the captain's prerogative.'

'As for the babbling of witches; I assure you I shall not lose my composure, or indeed any sleep, over it.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 30, 2016, 08:13:12 PM
Desmond chuckles. "Well said Jace. Hectic times like this could lead to all manner of... promotions. All kinds of profit to be had. This has certainly got me interested in what these witches have to say."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 31, 2016, 08:46:46 AM
"I wager that we could arrange a few... "accidents". Play it cool, create a few opportunities. Make it easier for our ol' captain to grab more power" - Bane smile under his rebreather nastily. "If you wish sir, I can scout the area in advance. Prepare a few nasty surprises..." he murmurs menacingly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 31, 2016, 04:33:19 PM
Hasarian chuckles

"I don't think that there will be a need for that just yet gentlemen" He says "Keep it in mind once we are off the station though"

He checks his pocket watch

"Do you have any more questions for me?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 31, 2016, 07:57:02 PM
'I think I know enough for now.' A hint of a smile appears on his lips. 'Unless you know what manner of cuisine Moross usually serves his guests. I could do with a snack.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 01, 2016, 01:51:37 AM
"None from me bossman." Desmond responds leaning back in his seat. "Just looking forward to the show tonight."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 01, 2016, 08:36:17 AM
"No more questions boss" says Icarus, checking his holsters. "I'm ready for whatever they'll throw at us."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 01, 2016, 01:52:59 PM
Hasarian nods and closes his eyes

"Well Jace, the food that nobles supposedly eat here on Footfall can be, well.... you'll see"

With no more questions you settle in for the long wait to dock.

2 and a half hours pass with ease and you finally feel the decking of Moross's private dock under your feet as you disembark from your station shuttle.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 01, 2016, 05:13:22 PM
Desmond waits for Hasarian to step off and follows him out. He looks around and takes in all the sites, being careful to watch for anything that might be suspicious or dangerous.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 03, 2016, 05:32:02 PM
You spot a number of shock-maul armed men paroling the hangar. All are where heavy leathers and looking rather menacing.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 04, 2016, 10:49:54 AM
Bane is looking around as well, marking potential ambush sites, suspicious personell and valid points of escape, should things go south.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 05, 2016, 03:57:57 PM
Desmond keeps a careful eye and follows the Captain. "Welp that looks like the security. Hopefully their going to be busy actually securing stuff, and not trying to pick a fight like the last wonderful greeting group."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 05, 2016, 04:24:13 PM
'You handled that rabble well enough,' Jace yawns, 'I am certain now would not be different, should the need arise. Now, will there be an actual servant to lead us to wherever these witches will spill their ramblings, or should I go ahead and assume the reception will be as desultory as everything on this station seems to be? '
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 06, 2016, 05:55:10 PM
"Hummmm..." Hasarian mumbles "Looks like the Tutors slave guard are out in force tonight, Moross must have hired them for security"

Hasarian strokes his beard

"Regardless..." Hasarian trails off a a servo skull floats towards you
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 07, 2016, 08:27:57 AM
"These boys look tough enough... for a kindergarden party" sneers Icarus. "If it comes to it, I should be able to mop the floor with them boss" he adds. He takes a closer look at them and asks Hasarian if there'll be anyone on that party, who should be watched especially closely.

[OOC]: I take a closer look at their armour and weapons. I also try to locate their leader and see if they have comms of any sort.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 07, 2016, 06:48:18 PM
Desmond smiles and nods, sticking close to the Captain and Bane. Eager to see what the servo skull spits out, but careful to keep a watchful eye on the guards as well.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 08, 2016, 10:12:31 PM
"This is one of Moross' reception skulls" Hasarian says.

He pulls out the black chip that was handed to you before hand upon your docking at foot fall.

As the Reception Skull scans it the three of you also pull out your chips.

Upon completing it's task the skull turns and floats back to to the main entrance.

"Let's go" Hasarian says

As you pass the slave guard, you notice that their heavy grox hide breast plates are covering gambeson style cloth armour. No doubt to absorb the blows of unruly slaves.

The scars on the wrists of a couple of the guard indicate that they rose up from being the captives to the captors.

Regardless, the bedecked halls of Moross' palace are truly stunning. Even the Crown Molding screams fine craftsmanship. Finaly the servo skull comes to a halt at a portal. With a quick blurt of binary the door opens to reveal an opulent dining room.\

"Lord Captain Markus of the Hasarian Family and Trusted Crew Mates" bellows a Slave Guard from a far corner of the room.

A few in the room turn too look at you but most pay you no mind.

"Just as I thought, The Provisor is here" he points at the truly disturbing looking man with the features of the his face pushed out of place by the tubing of lifepreserving bionics which snake all around his body, swathed in dark grey robes hemmed with deepest red.

"It seems that The Kasballica has indeed shown up" he says stroking his beard "So they sent Vladaym Tocara eh?"

Hasarian walks you over to an out of the way table.

"Right so, Vladaym Tocara is A senior negotiator for the Kasballica and yes Tocara allways dresses severely"

You look the man over as Hasarian point too him. he is in a grey bodysuit, with a small silver Aquila, thin data-slate and shaven head.

"I always find it unnerving how he never smiles" Hasarian remarks "Anyway the two armoured brutes next too him are Kasballica enforcers, Tocara is always shadowed by them.

Vladaym Tocara is the gateway to a vast array of illegal services, hidden information, and dangerous goods secreted in caches upon Footfall, but the price is always high. In particular, Tocara seeks greater formal ties between Rogue Traders and his masters, and influence upon the flow of xenos technology and Halo Artefacts into the Cold Trade. He actively seeks out newly arrived Rogue Traders,
introducing himself and cautiously exploring their potential interest in less-than-legal enterprises"

Hasarian pours out four cups of recaf and hand them out to you.
 
He then goes on to talk about the rest of the room

"See that meat head over there? That's Calcus Calinnicus, a vat-muscled thug with a taste for narco-tribe drugs and whose word is considered unbreakable. Calinnicus is the nearest thing the Black Brotherhood, The Muscle Guild have to a leader—a bully on the surface but possessed of a core of iron. Perfect for a band of Hired Thugs. Moross is really pulling out all the stops on this one. he raly has security this tight."

Hasarian Shakes his head

"Anyway back on topic. Calinnicus is a murderer fifty times over, a number that would be much higher if he didn’t prefer to leave his victims crippled but alive, so the scum can think over their mistakes, he says. He reserves his worst for those who break their word, no matter what the circumstances."

"Too the left of him is Preacher Ywane. The man is in fact not a true priest of the Ecclesiarchy but a weak-willed fool, driven by a surfeit of opinions but lacking in the stomach or true conviction to follow them through. Years ago, Ywane went by another name, and it is said fled from some debtor misfortune and came to Footfall, where he "found" the Light of the Emperor and ordained himself as a "preacher of the Emperor’s Truth.”

He has subsequently tried to build himself a position of political and moral authority in Footfall but has so far failed to achieve anything beyond
becoming the spineless tool of others. He is also an ally of the Kasballica Mission, a fact that he believes is a complete secret
but is in fact widely known, and acts as their mouthpiece in the Liege’s Court. This cowardly alliance has in no small way kept the false preacher alive through years of foolery and mischance"

Hasarian takes sip of recaf

"Any questions about these folks before I go on about my fellow Rogue Traders in the room?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 09, 2016, 10:10:12 PM
"What a wonderful bunch of individuals." Desmonds say's dryly, taking careful note of each person the Captain points out. "Truly they are exactly what I'd expect from the fine upstanding citizens in this beacon of Imperial civilization."

Desmond sips at his drink and considers the situation. "No questions yet, not from me. Still... forming my thoughts so to speak."

(OOC: Can I do a underground lore check to see if I know anything else about these people, or have heard of them before?)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 11, 2016, 07:54:34 AM
"Why so serious Desmond?" asks Icarus with a light sneer. "I like these men, at least they're honest about being scum. Not like all those uptight assholes in the upper Hives" he adds with a grimace of disgust. "Which one we want to deal with, boss?" he asks Hassarian, while sipping his recaf and wondering why is there no Amasec in that mug...

[OOC: Bane is looking for some booze!]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 11, 2016, 03:15:01 PM
Jace eyes the slaver thoughtfully. 'I wonder...' he starts. 'Captain, the provisor... Exactly how legal is his business?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 11, 2016, 03:40:25 PM
Desmond chuckles. "It's my job to focus on the business Bane. I have to at least pretend to be serious on occasion."

He'll sip some more of the drink and listen to the Captains response.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 12, 2016, 09:15:23 AM
Desmond chuckles. "It's my job to focus on the business Bane. I have to at least pretend to be serious on occasion."

He'll sip some more of the drink and listen to the Captains response.

"You're doing stellar job my friend" states Bane, with a real humor in his voice. "Then let me make sure, that no one will try to do anything... funny to us, while we're here" he adds, eyeing the gathered scum suspiciously.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 13, 2016, 12:49:03 PM
"The Provisor's... line of work, is as legal as any other hive of scum and villainy Jace. Meaning overlooked and turns a blind eye from"

He smiles slightly when his eyes catch a glimpse of one of the Rogue Traders

"No more question eh? Ah well in that case then... see that girl over there?'

Hasarian gestures to a pretty young woman with snow white hair and pale flesh. Her uniform is simple and well cut, revealing just enough to get your imagination running. You notice however that, despite the carefully applied makeup and hair bun that she is under great stress.

"That is Madam Charlabelle Armelan, one of the few women to take up the Warrant of Trade here in the Expanse. I only know a little about her, she is no willowy daughter of privilege, despite appearances, and long ago learned how to get things done herself. Rumor has it she has a whole band of Kroot on her ship, the Grace of Sopha. Though I have never seen them in the few time we have crossed paths."

Though she looks tired, her eyes seem to sparkle with delight when she sees the four of you and she waves happily.

"And before you ask if I have seen her out of the uniform, no I haven't..."

Hasarian takes a sip of recaf 

"...yet" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 16, 2016, 04:50:29 PM
"Well it's good to have goals." Desmonds responds. "She looks young for a rogue trader, although Emperor knows looks can be deceiving. Especially if she's actually got a horde of Kroot on hand. She looks excited enough to see us at least."

"Any other Traders about?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 18, 2016, 08:20:24 AM
"Xeno scum!" spits Bane. "I say we should not trust a broad, who consorts with aliens. Admiteddly she's a fine piece of ass, but I don't think that it's worth a visit from her avian friends" Icarus adds with a grimace.

[OOC: I check out her gear and weapons and, of course, scan the shadows for any, potential danger. Xeno or not.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 18, 2016, 01:30:16 PM
'Grace of Sopha, you say? I must admit I am unfamiliar with both it and its crew.' Squinting in deep thought, he pauses a moment, as if trying to remember something. 'Pray tell, which House serves her as navigator?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 19, 2016, 01:23:03 PM
"I do not know Jace, I think they are Nomads though" Hasarian takes another slurp of recaf

He glances over at Bane

"Icarus treat a Lady with respect" Hasarian scolds "As for the weapons and Kroot you are searching for, Madam Armelan prefers to travel alone. Make no mistake, she could kill you without any trouble Icarus"

"As for who else is here Desmond..."

He points to a bald scared man with a simple moustache

"That is Jeremiah Blitz, hes a charming rogue and a notorious scoundrel, a man not truly given to the rarefied manners of polite society,
but more at home in unsavoury drinking dens and back-street bordellos. Jeremiah Blitz is only newly come to his Warrant of
Trade, and is no highborn scion born into a life of nobility.

The manner in which Jeremiah earned his Warrant is entirely typical of the man—he won it in a game of chance.
Most versions of the story agree that Blitz, formerly a dealer in dubious and xenos art objects, landed himself a place at
a very high-stakes game attended by a Sector Lord of the Adeptus Terra. Over the course of the game, Blitz lost heavily,
until he staked all on the turn of the last card and won a favour from that Sector Lord.

Blitz, then demanded said Lord grant him the Warrant of Trade, and reluctantly, he agreed. A year and a day later, Jeremiah
Blitz was granted his warrant and the cruiser Ordained Destiny, and was soon set for wilderness space and whatever adventures
it could offer.

In his short career to date as a Rogue Trader, Jeremiah Blitz has carved his name across a dozen regions. He has yet to settle
into the serious business of establishing a dynasty, though he has no doubt sowed many illegitimate seeds throughout the
courts of several ruling houses. Most of Jeremiah’s adventures have been somewhat shady, often involving dubious deals with
less-than-reputable characters. Where most Rogue Traders look to nurture investments and establish interests, Jeremiah is, at this
stage, more interested in short-term gain. To this end, he has continued his erstwhile dealings in the Cold Trade, bringing in
vast sums for alien artefacts from beyond the rim.

I have always found Jeremiah to be a man of action and he relies first and foremost upon his own, personal resources. Hell his confidants are
formed of an inner circle of accomplices he knows from his former life. A rather ragged bunch of adventurers. In addition to these trusted men and women, Jeremiah maintains a sizable force of armsmen to back him in serious situations."

Hasarian raises to glass and Blitz nods with respect.

 "Any questions before I go on?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 19, 2016, 10:54:51 PM
"Ah a dealer in alien technology, very interesting." Desmond says quietly and thoughtfully. "Although he sounds well armed enough. Lucky man to win such a warrant like that. He could be an interesting man to talk to about the local underworld if his dealings are as shady as they are."

Desmond rubs his chin and looks up, grinning apologetically. "Could be useful knowledge to put to our own use. Not that he sounds particularly trustworthy of course, but interesting none the less."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 20, 2016, 10:45:34 AM
"I'd like to see her try" mumbles Bane, before adding: "On the other hand, that Blitz fellow sounds like a kindred soul. Always liked a man, who got to his position by being smart and ruthless, and not just wealthy and noble born".

He rubs his irritated chin. "I agree with Desmond, he could be useful when it comes to dealing with less savory elements of this port".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 21, 2016, 06:54:10 PM
Hasarian nods and points to a battle scared woman with tied up black hair. Though still good looking, she had probably once been extremely beautiful.

"That is Lady Sun Lee, she is the matriarch of the House of Ma’Kao, a powerful dynasty with holdings across the entire Segmentum.
Those holdings include facilities on several dozen Agri-worlds providing essential foodstuffs to many prominent Hive-worlds, including Scintilla.

Despite the fact that the fortunes of the House of Ma’Kao haveafforded Lady Sun Lee an unimaginably privileged lifestyle, she prefers to leave the running of her affairs to a veritable army of underlings.

The bearers of the Ma’Kao Warrant of Trade prefer to hold their fortunes in their own hands, and they know that even should they fall in some benighted, uncharted backwater ,as several have, their dynasty will continue. Like me, her House’s wealth means Lady Sun Lee can pursue her own interests, which revolve around the pursuit of legendary treasures and lost xenos civilisations beyond the galactic rim.

Given her propensity for adventure, Lady Sun Lee has faced things in her lifetime even seasoned Explorators would avoid. She has trod the dusty crypts of alien catacombs, and led expeditions into the most lethal Death World jungles, returning with rare artefacts and priceless resources. She has held council with monarchs of long-lost human empires, and convinced them that she is the Goddess of Humanity, earning
the adoration and fealty of uncounted millions"

Hasarian nods to Sun Lee's belt.

"Lady Sun Lee is an adept swordswoman, you can see that priceless heirloom power weapon can you not? That weapon is reputed to have been
crafted long ago on Ancient Terra, perhaps even before the time of the Great Crusade. Whether or not this is true, the sword has certainly claimed the lives of many rivals, earning Her a fearsome reputation in our circles."

Sun Lee is wearing an ornate silk gown and robes of a striking jade hue

"That's a colour that is repeated across the heraldry of her vessels and the uniforms of her soldiers and servants. When expecting trouble, she wears a set of power armour of the same colour, lending her a stately grace on the battlefield. Even more so when her private army is in lock step behind her. I have seen them put many elite Guardsmen to shame.

I find her charm is immediately disarming to those who do not know better. Also what ever you do don't piss her off or agree to a sparing match with her!"

You notice that Hasarian rubs his left hip with her free hand at that remark.

You also are surprised when Hasarian bows to Sun Lee. sun Lee suppresses a smile and simply returns the bow, her loose strands of black hair falling about her face. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 22, 2016, 09:35:12 AM
"Now that's a woman I can respect, and no mistake" whizzes Bane, as he's eyeing the ancient power weapon with respect. "Suddendly I have a feeling that we're in a company of a sort, that runs things on a system-wide scale and I'm not sure if that's a good thing m'lord". Icarus looks around suspiciously, as he's eyeing the powerful and mighty of the Calixis sector, his hand ever close to a holstered Bolt Pistol.

[OOC: I want to make a test, to see if anyone is watching us, or talking about us.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 22, 2016, 02:54:13 PM
"Agreed. It seems the mutterings of witches has indeed brought the majority of the systems power here. Of course we have an invite to, so clearly they made sure to invite the MOST important person." Desmonds mutters.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 26, 2016, 08:16:09 PM
"Well we should do our best to mingle and see what what, rumor monger and all that" Hasarian says  "Who wants to take Blitz and see what he knows?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 28, 2016, 11:32:53 AM
"Well we should do our best to mingle and see what what, rumor monger and all that" Hasarian says  "Who wants to take Blitz and see what he knows?"

"He's mine. I think we'll find a common ground. Just keep me away from that xeno-loving bitch, thank you very much".

[OOC: I go and try to arrange a chat with Blitz]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 29, 2016, 05:17:37 PM
"A wise choice, hopefully you can find something useful. Like you say, perhaps your 'common ground' will win you some support." Desmond adds. "If anything it seems the captain should have a little chat with Madam Charlabelle Armelan. Seems there's a bit of a connection there. I'll talk with whoever, although the though of Xeno does interest me."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 30, 2016, 03:20:04 PM
Then why don't you talk to Lady Armelan then Desmond?" Hasarian asks "I'm sure the two of you will get along"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 30, 2016, 05:34:22 PM
"Very well captain." Desmond responds with a grin. "She seems friendly enough, kroot not withstanding."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 03, 2016, 12:06:41 PM
"I'll get a read on Sun Lee" Hasarian says "jace you keep an eye open eh?"

"Right any final question before we begin?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 04, 2016, 11:23:37 AM
"I'll get a read on Sun Lee" Hasarian says "jace you keep an eye open eh?"

"Right any final question before we begin?"


"None m'Lord. I'm off for a chat, wish me luck, just as I wish it to you all" rasps Icarus, as he makes his way towards his intended speaker.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 05, 2016, 09:35:50 PM
"Same here bossman, let's go see what we can discover." Desmond agrees before likewise making his way towards Lady Armelan.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 06, 2016, 02:14:59 PM
@Xath:

Blitz shakes your hand and looks you over. You notice that the man's blue-grey cloak covers a bulky power pack, not unlike those used by the Kaserkin of Cadia for their Hell Weapons.

His armour is equally guard like. Though highly crafted with modest ornamentation, it is obviously guard surplus.   


Player Prompt: What question would you like to ask?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 06, 2016, 02:21:18 PM
@gankom:

Lady Armelan it just as stunning close up as she was from a distance. She is also just as bubbly.

She greets you with a smile and a glass of wine. You notice that she has a number of small Eldar trinkets attached to her belt.


Player prompt: What would you like to ask?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 06, 2016, 02:44:16 PM
"Hail and well met" exclaims Icarus loudly, standing in front of the man and making a crisp salute. "It's good to see someone wearing the old Astra uniform in this place. Things such as these reasure a man, and no mistake" he adds with a modicum of respect.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 06, 2016, 04:45:39 PM
Desmond will approach the Lady Armelan and offer what he assumed to be a courtly bow. "Greetings my lady, I come bearing greetings from the Lord Captain Hasarian. I've heard nothing but good things, and that's a fascinating collection of trinkets you wear. There must be a truly epic story behind them."

{OOC: Can I do some kind of a lore check to see if I know anything about the elder trinkets and their value?}
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 07, 2016, 08:35:36 PM
Before Hasarian can go off to have a chat with captain Lee, Jace coughs subtly, drawing the attention of his employer. 'Sir, before you go off, the matter of death cult activity aboard the Holy Venture comes to mind, specifically the resultant loss of crew. I was considering that, with a slaver present, it might be prudent if I were to enquire after the possibility of him providing us with additional workforce to replace the lives lost. If such were acceptable to you, of course.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 09, 2016, 06:49:08 PM
Hasarian makes a face

"While that man needs to be shot, I can see your point"

Hasarian strokes his braided beard in agitation

"Do your best to get a good deal and as many as possible. The poor bastards lives won't get easier after we buy then but at least they won't be slaves anymore"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 09, 2016, 06:56:33 PM
@Xath

Blitz smiles

"I find old Astra gear to be perfect for someone of my vocation" he says "You Ex-Guard?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 09, 2016, 07:03:21 PM
@Gankom

The trinkets are little more than odds and ends. Most likely Battle trophies.

"Oh not really Sir, I mean, yes a small moon was glassed but that happens all the time" She says "Those Corsairs got what was coming to them"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 09, 2016, 09:02:26 PM
Jace smirks at Hasarian, raising an eyebrow in amusement. 'A rogue trader with a conscience? Wonders never cease, it seems. I shall return shortly.' With that he leaves the captain's company and makes his way toward the Provisor, carefully navigating the crowd and waiting for a proper moment to address the slave guild's master.

'Good evening, lord Provisor.' He makes a slight bow, just enough to indicate respect without conveying submission. 'While your reputation precedes you, I have not yet had the pleasure of a formal introduction. I am navigator Jace of House Siegmund, scion of Novator Casmirre, currently employed by captain Hasarian of the Holy Venture. Might I have a moment of your time before the evening's main event begins?'

Drawing slightly closer, Jace lowers his voice somewhat. While he cared little for what the assembled thought of his interacting with the slaver, there was no need to divulge the details of his conversation to anyone other than the Provisor.

'I have been led to believe that you are the man to speak with about matters concerning workforce, in particular the acquisition of such. At it happens, we are currently in the market for such. A rather straightforward request, and another with more particular parameters. Does this pique your interest?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 10, 2016, 06:06:40 PM
Desmond laughs. "Sounds like a profitable endeavor at least. Teaching corsairs to respect one's power is value in itself."

Desmond pauses and motions to the gathered people. "Looks like quite the shindig we've got going on here. These seers or witches sure can draw a crowd. Could be very useful to know what the future holds, and to have some allies going forward. Have you dealt with my Lord Hasarian before?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 11, 2016, 09:34:07 AM
"Yes Sir, I am. Been in the ol' Guard for most of my life, until I've decided that the Emperor has something more in store for me." Bane adds with a dry chuckle. "That's when I've decided to look for opportunities among the stars and to travel, where most of normal people would not dare." He eyes Blitz with a mix of respect and amusement. "But what's your story, I wonder? A man with a full, enhanced Guard kit in a company like that. You're standing out, if you don't mind me saying."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 12, 2016, 08:24:26 AM
@DS:

"Ah so you are in the work force procurement market eh?" The Provisor says scratching his chin "Yes a Navigator could always use more servants"

He pauses obviously doing the maths in his head

"How many workers are you looking to... hire?"

***

@Gankom:

"Oh no, Lord Hasarian is always pushing the bounds of the Imperium. I am more interested in trade, so our paths rarely cross."

She raises her eye brows and points with her chin behind you

"Look at that" she says "Seems Lord Hasarian has some history with Lady Ma'Kao hummm?"

You can't help but notice that Hasarian and Sun Lee are standing rather close

"Oh have you seen the food? Dreadful stuff!"

With that, Lady Armelan babbles and rumor mongers.

***

@Xath:

"Oh, I find that first impressions are  paramount in formal events like this" Blitz says taking a sip of whine "I was never in the Guard but you see..."

With that the man conjures forth an obviously exaggerated tale that, while it has the base truth that Hasarian told you, contains more gunfire, explosions, girls and cheap booze than an underhive.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 12, 2016, 09:03:14 AM
"Oh really, that's fascinating" says Bane as he feints his interest as best as he can. "Actually I was wondering if, by any chance, you know some fine chaps from a world of Prys?" he adds in a low tone.

[OOC: As I mention my homeworld I observe his facial expression with keen interest.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 12, 2016, 11:18:56 AM
'Oh, not so many as to deplete your stock, I am sure. You are no doubt aware of the ebb and flow of workforce one must deal with during interplanetary travel, and right now we are looking to create something of a buffer in case of future losses, rather than restore any sort of deficiency.'

'Our first request would therefore be for bog-standard workers, about five hundred I'd say. Any wretches capable of menial labour which you are looking to get rid of would suffice, really. As long as the price is reasonable.'

'For my second request, however, I am looking for something a bit more... Aesthetically pleasing, and possessed of such social graces that they would fit in on an evening such as this. Twenty or so would suffice I think, with a majority being female. Their capacity for menial labour is of no concern- I am mostly interested in their ability to provide companionship.' He chuckles to himself. 'Crew morale, you see.'

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 12, 2016, 11:16:06 PM
Desmond listens politely to the rambling and keeps an open ear to any particularly interesting rumours. When there's a break in the conversation he attempts to bring the topic back around to trading.

"So what kind of goods do you trade around these parts? As my lords seneschal I like to try and keep my ear to the ground on such things. I'd rather not compete with such a fine lady as yourself, and instead focus on an alternative cargo. Of course as you say, Lord Hasarian is always more interested in exploring. Something I myself am rather drawn to. The secrets that could be unearthed..."

"None the less out here in the wilds knowledge of such things could be useful."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 16, 2016, 12:59:39 PM
@Xath:

(Per-Check: Fail)

It dose not surprise you that you can't get a read, on a seasoned liar and tall tale teller like Blitz

"Ah Prys Wolders, yes I know of who you speak. Those Guardsmen with the light weight drab uniforms and slouch hats yes? I have employed a few.

Good all round Light Infantry, though mountains, savannas and jungle seem to be their elements. They can stalk well and set up a great ambush, but they are sod all for anything else"

He goes on

"I have found that, in a stand up fight, they can do the job but not very well, at least in terms of standard Line Troops. They also have poor relations with other units as well. Their hick like natures and atypical style of warfare make them perfect fodder for the Commissar's Bolt Pistol.   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 16, 2016, 01:14:12 PM
@DS

"Ah yes I understand" The Provisor says "What kind of... fee... are you looking for?"

Player Prompt: Since your buying would you like to to the ACRoll?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 16, 2016, 01:17:05 PM
@Gankom:

"Oh me?" Armelan asks "Well I mostly deal with the basics; food, water, spices, weapons and the like..."

 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 17, 2016, 09:28:02 AM
"Ain't no Commissar ever tried to off me." says Icarus with a hint of savage pride. "Anyways, I was wondering what a man must do to achieve your position?" he adds with a sly smile under his mask. "I greatly respect those who can tore their way to the very top. That's the Prys way."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 18, 2016, 12:46:58 PM
'The standard rate for such commodities, I would think. To be quite honest, the first group doesn't concern me as much, so I am not particularly inclined to spend too much on acquiring them- as I said, any old group of wretches will do. For the second group, I am willing to offer you a better price per head, as I expect a higher quality of the product.'


[Made two rolls, 27 (first group) and 44  (second group). Profit factor is 36; with a +20 modifier on each roll that means I need to roll equal to or less than 56, so both rolls succeeded :).]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 18, 2016, 03:55:21 PM
"Good to know." Desmond says nodding. "Perhaps the results of tonight's... event, will see profits for both of us. Do you know much about these witches? I had never heard of such things before tonight."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 19, 2016, 02:58:37 PM
@Xath:

"Oh the means of becoming a Rogue Trader is an abstract thing. But most got there with either their charm, seductive prowess or ruthlessness. For me it was dumb luck as I said in my tale" Bitlz says

@DS:

"Wonderful!" The Provisor says with glee "That is a worthy price! I will have my Guards escort the wokers to your ship. I will have them be more... discrete... with your other purchase. We would not want rumors flying about now would we?" 

@Gankom:

Oh I just know the stories, stories that I am sure that your Lord has already told you" She pauses and leans, in giving you an ample look down the unbuttoned top of her uniform coat "But I hear that this little Foretelling will happen soon, and will reveal the location of something called the Dread Pearl. Me? I think that it must be some type of artifact"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 20, 2016, 02:36:05 PM
"How long have you been doing this? I've heard that the rivalry between Rogue Traders can be... savage" says Bane in a low whisper. "Have ther ever been any attempts at your life?" he adds with a keen interest?

[OOC: Perception check to see if he's lying.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 23, 2016, 03:38:10 PM
"Certainly sounds like some kind of artifact." Desmond replies with a grin. "Although whoever names these things clearly has a bit of an obsession with the dramatic. The dread pearl? Any idea what that could do?"

He chuckles. "Personally I can't wait for the day we search for the fluffy stuffed bunny of happiness. Dread pearl sounds rather... dreadful."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 26, 2016, 04:29:55 PM
@Xath:

"Attempts on my life? Oh yes many times" Blitz says "In fact..."

And once again the man starts another fantastic story of gun-play and explosions that is had to believe.


***

@Gankom

"Oh I'm not sure" Lady Armelan says "I would say that with a name a that it must bring great wealth of a horrid price, I suppose" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 27, 2016, 09:21:15 AM
A thin smile appears on Jace's lips. 'Perfect,' he says. 'I am sure the merchandise will be satisfactory.'

He hesitates for a moment, a pensive frown forming on his face. 'I must ask, however, what do you hope to gain from this evening? I understand how the mumbling of these witches might have some symbolic meaning for the population, and that the rogue trader captains assembled here must appear interested in such- mostly because their rivals are, and rivalry dictates that one must outdo the other in everything, no matter how inane. You, however, do not seem like a man interested in the inane.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 28, 2016, 12:24:07 PM
Desmond smiles at Lady Armelan. "Indeed, strange name or not I'm sure it will be worth a fortune. Well it's been a pleasure my lady but no doubt I should be returning to my captain. May the future bring us all good profits and sweet adventure."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 30, 2016, 12:15:21 AM
@DS:

"Oh I assure you that the Seven are indeed nothing but insane my friend" The Provisor says "However these mumbleing as you call then have made me... I mean Footfall, more then enough thrones over the years. When they speak, there is all most always money to be had."


@Gankom:

As you take yor leave of Armelan you notice that Sun Lee kisses Hasarian on the cheek, before he himself takes his leave.

He spots you and walks over.

"So..." he starts "How goes it Desmond? Find anything out?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 30, 2016, 08:17:06 AM
"One might think that a man of your status and... notoriety, would not want to show himself in public, in such place as this. Are you not afraid about your well being in this den of scum?" rasps Bane with a glint in his eye? "After all, an assassin might lurk in this very room. What's so important and precious about this meeting, that you're willing to take such a big risk?" he adds.

[OOC: I observe his face, especially his eyes, very closely.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 30, 2016, 03:49:08 PM
"Mostly idle chatter and casual greetings." Desmond responds to Hasarian. "The lady Armelan is just as excited about the announcement, apparently related to something called the Dread Pearl. Sounds rather exciting, if somewhat dramatic."

"Lady Armelan was most interested in your conversation with Lady Sun Lee. I trust you had a thrilling talk Captain?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 03, 2016, 09:45:36 AM
Jace nods in agreement. 'I suppose that, when the agenda of the multitudes of rich and influential is suddenly revealed, their paths become infinitely more predictable, and the correct path one must take to profit from the situation is revealed to those who care to look.'

He pauses momentarily, appearing to be in thought. 'One wonders if such might be intentional. After all, does the fisher not place his bait so that the fish will go where he can catch them? It would be a brilliant puppet show, to say the least.'

Catching himself, he chuckles. 'My apologies. In my profession, it pays to search for all possible paths, no matter how seemingly impossible. It is far more probable that the witches are, as you say, quite insane, and that nothing comes of this evening save a profitable sort of mass hysteria.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 05, 2016, 01:47:36 PM
@Xath:

Ah yes that is the question eh?" Blitz says "well rumor has it that a warp strom is about to clear or at least dissipate in a certain place, where I don"t know but there are supposed to be great riches involved"

@DS:

"Indeed" The Provisor says "All in possible tonight. From what I hear though is that there is to be some sort of auction"

@Gankom:

"Oh Lady Sun Lee and I always have good talks... and such..." he trails off "Wait did you say The Dread Pearl?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 05, 2016, 03:13:40 PM
"Oh yes, very good talks. I can see that." Desmond says happily. "And yes sir bossman, Lady Armelan said she figured this little shindig was about the location of something called the Dread Pearl. She figured it was an artifact."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 06, 2016, 08:20:40 AM
"Riches, eh? Some lost planet? A colony from forgotten age or just some old, Eldar port, full of nice and tasty alien tech? I reckon that you'd need a rather large ammount of muscle to dare something like that. Not just anyone is willing to brave the wilds of galaxy in search of lost treasures."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 07, 2016, 06:35:30 AM
'An auction, you say? Colour me intrigued. Tell me, would this event be open to all invitees, or is it intended only for the privileged few? I would certainly be interested in acquiring an invitation, should be latter prove true.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 09, 2016, 02:45:27 PM
@DS:

"Oh it's open to all from what I hear" The Provisor says "And I..." He glances over your shoulder

Hasarian is waving you over

"Seems you captain needs you" He says

With that he bows and you make your way back to Hasarian.


@Xath:

"Yes indeed" Blitz says "You need a special kind of man or woman for such a venture. Lucky for me, I have both of those in abundance. You also need..."

He trails off

"Looks like your Captain needs you" he says pointing


@Gankom:

You watch and wonder what is wrong enough for Hasarian to call everyone back.

@ Everyone:

"Right so"Hasarian starts "Tell me everything you have learned. Desmond you start first"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 12, 2016, 04:04:36 PM
Desmond rubs his hands together and glances around. "Not a great deal more then idle chit chat really. However the Lady Aremlan did mention that this strange meeting tonight likely had something to do with an artifact known as the Dread Pearl. Possibly even revealing the location of it. Judging from it's rather dramatic name, I'm sure there will be a big rush to find it. If it turns out to be what this is about anyways."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 22, 2016, 08:47:34 AM
'Dread pearl, you say? Sounds blasphemous. Why the local legends never speak of happier trinkets is beyond me- the Malachite of Mirth or the Beryl of Bliss seem far more desirable treasures, if only for novelty's sake.' He sighs, massaging his temples. 'I suppose we shall look for it regardless, based on whatever heretical filth these witches vomit forth? Or should we perhaps take this opportunity to pursue other endeavours, now that all eyes are fixed on this Diamond of Depression? The slaver told me that there is to be an auction at the end of this evening- perhaps something valuable can be gained there while all others scurry off to pursue the Pyrite of Pessimism?'

Jace then fixes his black eyes on the captain. 'Speaking of which, I have been successful in recruiting additional crew members. Something for the death cults in the Holy Venture's bowels to whet their blades on, I suppose.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 25, 2016, 07:07:32 AM
Hasarian nods.

"Well I assure you that the Dread Pearl is no artifact" he says

"It's a Planet. A huge one, covered in a warp storm. In fact we don't know much about it, we don't even know how old it is, who lived there, if any flora or fauna exist...."

He trails off and strokes his beard.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 27, 2016, 07:32:25 AM
Bane looks towards Hassarian. "In that case I'll better be going. You're crew must be quite exceptional. I look forward to meet some of them" he adds with a low, raspy chuckle. With that he leaves the pressence of Blitz and returns to the side of his master, scanning for threats all the time.

[OOC: I've already posted this reply twice and the damn thing didn't showed up. What a bummer. :( ]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 28, 2016, 05:34:45 PM
"A planet eh?" Desmond replies. "That could end up far more valuable, assuming it's not just some blasted rock. Although I have a hard time imagining the Dread pearl being a peaceful lost colony. I assume it's going to be far more... violent."

"Still sounds like a good adventure. Now we just need to hear what these witches have to say about it."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 28, 2016, 09:25:18 PM
Before Hasarian can agree with you are say anything more Liege Moross lumber up upon a platform

"My dear friends" He Starts with you all here I think ait is about time we get under way. The Auction will be located at the Obsidian Emporial. Please follow me to my shuttel." He asks

Everyone nods and files aboard the spacious craft. You watch the starts though the port windows as you go.

It take awhile to float toward the Emporial however once there and docked you end up coming to the entrance.

Passing through the frame of a massive arched portal that seems to be carved from black stone, you are struck by the vastness of the place.. The doors, which appear to be made of adamantium hull-plating, are open. At either side of the portal stands a hideous Mutant Abomination.

The two mutants are halting people as they approach the portal, using their great weapons to block the path. They look the prospective entrant over, before nodding, raising their great weapons and letting them past. The mutants, apparently, are really only looking out for anyone obviously likely to cause trouble, or those carrying really heavy weaponry. It is expected on Footfall that everyone carries at least a sidearm, but attempting to carry a lascannon into the Obsidian Emporial will result in trouble.

Not carrying anything more powerful than a plasma pistol you are able to pass.

Once within, you see that the Obsidian Emporial itself is indeed a vast space, its vaulted ceiling veiled in darkness. All the walls are obscured by row upon row of insanely high bookshelves and overly tall curio cabinets.  The main source of illumination is provided by a score or so of servo-skulls hovering overhead, each of which is topped by a guttering, wax-dripping candle.

The hall is strewn with all manner of technological junk on it's floors, none of it of any worth. The wrecked machinery are of no more use than to provide convenient seating, which is what the two hundred or so people crowded into the Obsidian Emporial are using them for. The place is already crowded with a wide range of people, from ragged beggars to resplendent Free Captains and their retinues. There are a couple of hundred people in the Obsidian Emporial at the time the Explorers arrive, and another hundred or so will enter over the next few minutes, until finally, the mutants at the door judge the place full, and the proceedings begin.

As the Obsidian Emporial fills, a silence settles upon the crowd, and expectant faces are turned towards a decaying wooden lectern that rears five metres into the air. The lectern is as yet unoccupied, but soon the Explorers spy a large, hunched figure shuffling across the floor towards it. Reaching the base of the lectern, the figure lifts back the hood of its ragged robes, to reveal a hideous face set with all manner of sockets, its flesh shrivelled and distended as if the underlying skull were somehow bovine in form rather than human.

"That man is called The Intercessor" Hasarian remarks to you quietly "and his is the task to act as auctioneer and determine who will earn themselves an item or in this case, a place at the Foretelling of the Seven"
 
Hasarian looks at you all and nods

Even as you look on, a dense, writhing cluster of cables and pipes descends from the dark ceiling above the Intercessor. Each cable moves as if under its own volition, its end seeking out a corresponding socket in the Intercessor’s skull, with which it couples quite obscenely. His head now haloed by a mass of pulsating tubes, the Intercessor is lifted into the air, to be carried by the cables to the pinnacle of the lectern, where he settles in with an animal grunt. Drawing back the ragged fabric covering his arms, the Intercessor reveals that his limbs are mechanical, constructed of rusted iron. His left arm terminates in an oversized gavel, which he brings sharply down upon the lectern. With the resounding report of hammer on worm-eaten wood, the auction begins.

The instant the crack of the hammer fills the Obsidian Emporial, the crowd erupts into a raucous cacophony. Over the noise, a merchant-factor standing next to the Explorers shouts, “Ten thousand thrones!” The crowd goes silent, and all look first to the factor, and then to the Intercessor. After a brief moment filled with tension, the Intercessor shakes his head slowly, and the crowd begin yelling again. A couple of armed heavies barge their way through the crowd, and roughly escort the merchant from the Obsidian Emporial.

"Fool" Hasarian whispers "Do your research before you start bidding"

For the next hour or so, dozens of similar bids are offered— currency and coinage in various forms, denominations, and values—but none are accepted, the crowd thinning as the guards eject the unsuccessful bidders.

"As you can see" Hasarian whispers to you "The Seven don't take just anything"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 28, 2016, 10:48:24 PM
As Desmond enters he casually examines the various tech and weapons the different people carry. More out of curiosity then anything else. However he also keeps a careful watch on the different people. Sizing them up as much as he can, and trying to judge their value and influence.

As they pass the mutants his eyebrow goes up slightly. When the auctioneer himself arrives Desmond has to chuckle. "Emperor protect, what a verse we live in. Ain't he a looker?" He say's as quietly as possible. However the amazing arcane technology that's essentially part of the man both fascinates and disgusts the young seneschal.

"I assume you have a better idea of what their after bossman?" He asks the captain. "Hopefully not your first born, or mine."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 29, 2016, 11:05:38 AM
As Bane approaches the mutants, his face is filled with disgust. He tries to hide his scorn, as they look him over, but once inside he mutters to Hassarian "First witches, now mutants? What's next? A Xenos orgy?" Clearly he's upset about their surroundings and the company that they're keeping.

"You know that I'd follow you everywhere my Lord, but this is just obscene and disgusting. The Holy Ordos should cleanse this place with fire and sword" he adds with a grunt, while fingering the hilt of one of his bolt pistols and looking around suspiciously.

[OOC: I want to roll for perception and see if anyone is following/observing us]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 29, 2016, 12:40:53 PM
@Xath: Perception check-20- Pass!


While you don't notice anyone following you, you keep your eyes open
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 29, 2016, 12:56:41 PM
"Hmmm so far, so good. I wonder where that snake Blitz is hiding..." whispers Icarus, while making his way with his captain.

[OOC: I try to look for Blitz and his retinue]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 29, 2016, 01:06:35 PM
@Gankom:

"Desmond, if any of my escapades bore me gets I assure you my father has murdered them all by now" Hasarian say chuckling "Grumpy old git would eat babies for breakfast if it would purge the galaxy of annoyances"

He pauses and looks up at the Intercessor

"As for what The Seven want..." Hasarian starts

"A phial of five-century-old, triple-distilled essence of Brain Leaf" Lady Sun Lee Shouts out

"Accepted" The Intercessor intones in a booming voice "Next Bid?"

"... they want... interesting items" Hasarian finishes, raising an eye brow at Sun Lee's bid
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 29, 2016, 01:13:06 PM
@Xath: Per check-51-Fail!

Though you cannot spot him you hear him shout

"The mummified remains of the Priest-King Jhan’tak the Immortal!"

"Accepted" The Intercessor booms again "Next Bid?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 29, 2016, 01:34:24 PM
"10,000 Blind Sl... Workers!" The Provisor Shouts

"Accepted" The Intercessor booms one more "Next Bid?"

Hasarian turns to you

"Seems like the real bids are coming in now" he says "What would you like me too bid?"

He begins to list off the items at hand with his fingers

"I have the brain of The Meritech Clan-General Collum Drax, preserved in 789 year old Fredonian Wine. I also have a 300 year old barrel of Grox liver mash or one of the severed hands of Great Prant of Metroth"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 29, 2016, 02:21:06 PM
"That bloody brain always creeped me out. I say that we get should be rid of it" Bane intones darkly, while playing with a concealed knife.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 30, 2016, 03:42:01 AM
Desmond shakes his head at the thought. "I agree with Bane. A fine enough trophy, but frankly I always thought it a waste of such fine wine. Let's bid the wrinkled head cauliflower."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 30, 2016, 02:37:46 PM
'I still have trouble believing anything these witches say will be of any practical value, much less lead us to a lost planet. However I also find myself not overly attached to a disembodied brain, nor a hand, nor particularly luxurious foodstuffs,' Jace says matter-of-factly. 'Still, if you desire to see the prattling witches, I would suggest considering offering all three trinkets.

After all,' Jace says, nodding towards a previous bidder, 'that man over there just offered a whole corpse, while we have only parts of several. Throwing in the Grox liver seems prudent if we are determined to match their bid.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 01, 2016, 04:34:01 PM
"That would certainly get their attention." Desmond agrees. "And I'm not particularly attached to any of those... wonderful items."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 02, 2016, 04:38:13 PM
"I'll take a chance and offer the Brain" Hassarian says

"The brain of The Meritech Clan-General Collum Drax, preserved in 789 year old Fredonian Wine!" He shouts with his commanding voice.

The Intercssor pauses be fore saying "Accepted, next bid?" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 04, 2016, 11:24:09 AM
"Soooo... what now? We wait?" asks Bane nervously. "We're really exposed down here boss. We should do this thing that we're doing and get the hell out of dodge. This place gives me the creeps" he adds in tense voice.

[OOC: safety's off on both of my pistols]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 06, 2016, 08:24:03 PM
"An Ork's Toenail!" shouts Lady Armelan

"Accepted" The Intercessor says

"With that last bid know that you have all won a chance at hearing the foretelling" He says "My guards will take you to it's location, The Cell"

"There's your answer Icarus" Hasarian says as you are herded out of the  Obsidian Emporial

You are all bundled on to another shuttle and are forced to endure another laborious, if short ride, through the void. Soon though you dock a a truly sinister looking rock.

As you file out it is obvious that the Foretelling is to take place in an otherwise abandoned area of Footfall, one shunned even by the assorted lowlifes that call the station home. The Intercessor's mutant guards point in the direction you are supposed to go and shuffle back on too the shuttle, fear on their faces.

As you walk you notice that this particular area is run down and crumbling, in such a state of disrepair that the stonework is decayed and the gravity prone to wild fluctuations. As the you approach hear all manner of disturbing noises as the stone construction groans, grinds, and shifts and feel sudden and disturbing drops and rises in air pressure. The darkness, dripping pipes and abandoned shop fronts, echo your footsteps.

The actual abode of the Seven Witches is known to the locals as “The Cell,” for reasons that soon become apparent. As you reach your destination, you hear eerie voices, punctuated by piercing screams from up ahead. You reach a barred opening, within which lurk a number of guards. Each guard is bedecked in off-white armour, which upon closer inspection is made of a padded fabric and is heavily soiled with blood, vomit, and other fluids. The guards, stocky males with shaved heads, maintain a resolute silence. In a heavily- gloved hand, each guard bears a staff tipped with a copper orb, around which are coiled heavy cables attached to a power pack at the guard’s belt. You are expected, and they do not actually have to do anything to gain entrance to The Cell.

As the lumbering, silent guards haul back the rusted gate, you step over the threshold and in too The Cell, you see why the locals fear it. . You find yourself at one end of a long, wide corridor, the walls lined with cracked and tainted ceramic tiles. The floor is littered with detritus, including discarded, soiled bandages and broken and barely recognisable medical ephemera. The guards lead the way, and as you follow, you see a number of armoured doors to either side. Though you see nothing through the tiny peepholes set in each door, you just know that there’s someone, or something, beyond each. The guards proceed down the corridor with a slow, deliberate stride. Reaching the far end, they haul open a second gate, and beckon you into the darkness within. As you step forward, you notice the guards do not enter with you. With a resounding metallic clang, the last gate is closed behind you. Darkness engulfs you, and your senses become alert to all manner of out-of-place sounds. The temperature drops, and your skin feels clammy as the air takes on an unclean, moist characteristic.

You are in the inner sanctum of the Seven Witches, a place from which none who were not invited have ever set foot and returned. The area is seething with barely- contained psychic energies

 Eventually, your eyes will adjust to the gloom, and the Explorers will see that they are standing in a wide, low-ceilinged chamber. A cold electric light flickers on, followed by in succession by a dozen or so more, the staccato flickering casting a cold, wan light over the scene.

Even as swirling, gibbering voices chatter incoherently in your ears, you begin to make out the scene before you. The inner sanctum of the Seven Witches is wreathed in shadows so deep they appear as wells of the stuff of the outer darkness. Against the flickering light of a dozen malfunctioning electro-lumens you can just make out the silhouettes of those others who are to bear to the Foretelling.

But for now, it is the spectacle at the centre of the chamber that holds your attention… “Welcome,” seven voices, each of a different pitch, say at once, “to our sanctuary.” The source of the voices appears at first to be a shadowed, tangled mass at the centre of the room. Upon looking closer, however, you see that the mass is actually seven separate figures, each somehow intertwined with the next. Each Witch has the stature of short humans, yet the wizened features of an impossibly ancient crone. Their teeth are blackened, and their eyes are rheumy. Their skin is gnarled as old leather, and their white hair lank and intertwined.


(GM Note: All of you are supposed to take a Disturbance +0 check, however I'm not rolling for all the Free Captains, Rogue Traders and other Characters in the room. If you feel your char would be scared feel free to roll.) 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 06, 2016, 09:03:00 PM
"Footfall just keeps getting better and better." Desmond quietly whispers to the others on the way in. "We need to spend more time on a paradise world somewhere."

Desmond is rather taken aback by the twisted appearance of the seers, although he doesn't expect anything less from psycher's found in a place like this. He finds the whole area rather nauseating, but he sticks close to the captain (and especially Bane).
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 07, 2016, 12:52:37 PM
"Filthy psychic freaks" mutters Bane with disgust and revulsion, his eyes narrowing as he looks at the seven figures in the centre of the room. "Stick close to me" he adds to the rest of the crew, muscles tensed and ready.

[OOC: Icarus knows that upon his shoulders lies the safety of his captain and his crew. He will not flinch from his duty, even in the face of these monstrosities.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 08, 2016, 11:58:57 PM
'Present company excluded no doubt, eh Bane?' Jace smiles smugly. The smile fades after he realizes no one laughs at his jest. 'Ah well. Abandoned hospital, aesthetically unpleasing hags, poor illumination and misshapen henchmen. Not the worst I've seen, although I suppose this is what passes for "terrifying" in these parts.'

He peers at the witches, squinting his black eyes at the seven forms in the center of the chamber. 'Theatrics do not interest me. Power does, and of that there is a sufficient amount present to be cause for caution. I wonder just how heretical the methods of these witches are...'

[[ooc: Psyniscience test, to keep track of the ebb and flow of the warp, how corrupted the witches are, and of just how much the veil between reality and the Warp is being lifted]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 09, 2016, 06:38:52 PM
Desmond keep an eye on Jace to make sure he doesn't have a bad reaction to the ambient warp stuff.

"You are high society Jace, especially compared to... this wonderful place. Just try not to start hanging out with people like this."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 10, 2016, 10:15:45 AM
'That is a rather... Broad interpretation of the concept "people",' Jace chuckles.

'I wish they would stop stalling, however- say what they have to say so we can be gone from here. I think we paid enough to be spared the overly long, theatrical and, most likely, annoyingly cryptic routine.' Pausing for a moment, he adds 'Then again, considering the admission, this might be exactly what we paid for'.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 11, 2016, 07:48:59 AM
"No worries Jace, you are my people and don't forget about that. Why this meeting could not took place in a nice enviroment, like a luxurious hab-spire or a governor's palace?" whispers Bane with just a hint of dark humor in his voice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 12, 2016, 12:26:45 AM
@DS-Psy Roll-42 Pass!

You sense that The Seven are not truly evil, but not truly good either. There is darkness but they do not seem to wish you harm.
***

@Everyone:

“Many have heard the call,” the Witches speak as one, their thin lips moving in unison. “Yet, how few shall reach the destination.” The figures crowding the chamber shuffle uncomfortably as the Witches unleash a low, gurgling, and entirely mirthless laugh. “Hush now,” they croon. “You shall have what you paid for”

At this, the Seven Witches join hands, raise their heads, look around the chamber one last time, and close their eyes. The temperature in the room drops once more, and the dampness in the air grows even more uncomfortable.

“We, who are more than Man, beyond the Emperor and unknown to gods, shall speak. You, who are born of flesh and beholden of dirt shall heed our words, and heed them well. We are that which stings the outstretched hand, the cry that defies love. We are known and unknown, standing before you, yet so far distant you may never reach us.” And then, quite suddenly, the Seven Witches open their mouths as one.

A distant moan emanates from the throat of each, a sound that does not come from them, but some terrible far-off place. Cold dread engulfs you, and you see that many of the other witnesses are equally affected. One bends double and vomits across the floor, earning disgusted glares from those nearby. And then, the sound coming from the mouth of each witch reaches a discordant crescendo, each a different note forming an impossible chord, the pitch and tone of the damned as they wail and writhe in the benighted depths of the empyrean. Reality collapses, and you are cast into a world of pain.

You are adrift upon the currents of a raging sea of boiling energy, liquid pain pressing in upon you and filling your mouth and lungs. The raw stuff of nightmare swirls all around, forming and reforming into nightmarish shapes suggestive of leering faces or screaming mouths.

Your entire consciousness is subsumed amidst a mournful wailing so unbearably loud you cannot even form coherent thought. For an indeterminate time you are sucked into eddies of despair and ejected through streams of desolation. You become slowly aware of the screaming all around taking on a new form, the voices coming together into seven separate strands to give voice to a single chord. The sound is not heard as mortal ears detect such things, but instead speaks directly to the soul, crystallising in the mind as hard, certain and terrible knowledge.

Into the memory of each of you is implanted a cipher, a time and a place. You see in your mind’s eye a raging, incandescent nebula, a storm in the depths of the Koronus Expanse. Even as you watch, or recall, this sight, the storm recedes to reveal an oval gemstone glittering against the black veil of space. You are consumed by an all encompassing desire to own this perfect gem, for you know with utter certainty that it keeps you safe from the touch of the boiling ocean of souls that still surrounds you. And then, the perfect gem fades. You know now that you must own that gem, whatever the cost. Without warning, reality crashes in upon your soul, and you awake with a start.

You now awaken to find yourselves back in the presence of the Seven Witches and the other witnesses. The Witches stand in silence, looking on coldly while the witnesses compose themselves following the shock of their experience.  As the witnesses to the Foretelling gather their wits and begin to depart, the Seven Witches make one last utterance. “It’s not a gem…it’s a pearl…a pretty, dread pearl!”
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 12, 2016, 07:57:56 AM
Bane grabs Hassarian by his arm and ushers him towards the exit, while making sure that his companions follow close. "Hurry my Lord, we must depart this dreadful place. I do not wish for you or us to remain in this devilish cesspool any longer, than necessary!" he barks with barely constrained fury. "I need a drink. Or better, a dozen drinks" he adds mirthlessly.

[OOC: I move Hassarian away from the witches and the crowd, while making sure that the boys are close by.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 12, 2016, 05:28:56 PM
Desmond follows along, trying to loo casual. He keeps an eye on the other participants, as much as he's able, to try and gauge their reactions.

"Drinks sound like a good plan." He agrees with Bane. Desmond sticks close the group.

Once their a safe distance away Desmond will pull out his dataslate and check that the ship is well supplied for a possibly long voyage. If anything needs to be resupplied he'll make a note of it.

[OOC: If possible I want to try and listen in on anyone we pass to see if I can overhear anything interesting or useful.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 12, 2016, 07:24:33 PM
Bane grabs Hassarian by his arm and ushers him towards the exit, while making sure that his companions follow close. "Hurry my Lord, we must depart this dreadful place. I do not wish for you or us to remain in this devilish cesspool any longer, than necessary!" he barks with barely constrained fury. "I need a drink. Or better, a dozen drinks" he adds mirthlessly.

[OOC: I move Hassarian away from the witches and the crowd, while making sure that the boys are close by.]


"Yes, yes, I think that is a good idea Icarus" Hasarian says "No telling what might happen"

You notice that he flips the safety off on his Plasma Pistol

 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 12, 2016, 07:43:13 PM
Desmond follows along, trying to loo casual. He keeps an eye on the other participants, as much as he's able, to try and gauge their reactions.

"Drinks sound like a good plan." He agrees with Bane. Desmond sticks close the group.

Once their a safe distance away Desmond will pull out his dataslate and check that the ship is well supplied for a possibly long voyage. If anything needs to be resupplied he'll make a note of it.

[OOC: If possible I want to try and listen in on anyone we pass to see if I can overhear anything interesting or useful.]

Perception roll-25-Pass!

You overhear the other witnesses

Lady Sun Lee is already staging plans for an all out invasion of the Dread Pearl. Lady Armelan is tight lipped and Blitz is obviously calculating his odds.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 12, 2016, 08:01:32 PM
@ Everyone:

After a number of grueling shuttle rides, you finally reach the Footfall Long Shore.

"While time is of the essence, I think that Icarus has the right of it" Hasarian claims "Drinks are in order"

You all file back in too the Amasec Bar where your little adventure on Footfall started. Hasarian orders four glasses, some sweets and confections and a number of cigars, before sitting.

"Right then, any thoughts?"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 14, 2016, 07:40:46 AM
'Back in the hall,' Jace muses, 'I took the liberty of casting my second sight upon the witches. While they are heretics to be sure, I did not perceive an active intent to commune with the denizens of the Warp. Despite their heresies, my informed opinion is that they did not seek to see us come to harm.'

'That being said,' he continues, his tone sharper now, 'while the warp storms have receded from this Dread Pearl, I feel obliged to point out that such does not in any way mean that the planet is now safe. Lingering pockets of Warp activity are almost a certainty- there is even the possibility of foul daemons running free upon the planet's surface. But even if there is no longer a direct Warp influence on the planet, the local population or wildlife, or even the landscape itself, may have become quite dangerous.'

'Even disregarding such, we are now in a race to claim the Pearl, and I am not certain we are the ones best equipped to capture it. At best, we will be up against a multitude of opponents, each of whom can match our ship's capabilities with their own. Therefore, I would deem an aggressive approach most unwise.'

'Instead, I perceive two paths before us.' He takes a short pause to sip his recaf, setting it down as the still hot beverage sears his tongue. 'One, to make haste with our departure, arrive at the planet before any of our rivals, explore and take what we want, then depart again before any other ships turn up. If we choose to do so, we should not waste time in this establishment and make for the Holy Venture.'

'Or, if pride can be set aside, we might attempt to negotiate a collaboration between ourselves and one or more of our rivals. This way we turn an obstacle into an advantage, even if it will cost us some of the profits. The viability of such a plan, however, depends greatly upon the willingness and trustworthiness of other captains, of which I confess to know very little.'

'Which path shall prove to be the most beneficial, I do not know.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 14, 2016, 09:18:15 AM
Bane removes his rebreather and takes a mouthful of amasec, before nodding towards Jace. "Aye, I agree with you friend Jace. We must find a way to play this one out cooly and with a clear head. Altough I always liked the "fast and furious" approach, I'm afriad that this time it could end badly for us." Icarus makes the characteristic thousand mile stare, which only those who fought in a war can truly make, and then knocks the rest of the drink in one gulp, wincing as the strong alcohol goes down his throat.

"Let's say that we'll get there first and plunder that Emperor-forsaken rock. Meanwhile our rivals will join forces and it will be three against one. We'll loose" he adds with a grim fatality. "I say that we should join hands with one of the other three, perhaps Blitz. He seems like our kinda scoundrel." Bane looks expectantly at the rest of his party and his captain. "What say you, fellow sailors?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 14, 2016, 11:00:15 AM
'Regrettably, I did not have a change to speak with captain Blitz- as such I will defer to your judgement on the pros and cons of working with him.'

'The lord Provisor seemed to be the pragmatic type, and we can use his greed to our advantage- as long as it does not cause him to turn against us. He would also have access to sufficient resources, I think.'

'But working with such a man might hurt our reputation, and while I appreciate that the universe runs on the sacrifice of those of lower station, I am less than keen on working with a man who makes the tragedy of others his sole trade for a prolonged amount of time. Of course, my personal wants are, in light of the greater scheme of things, irrelevant.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 14, 2016, 03:59:58 PM
Desmond scratches his chin, still going over lists of supplies on his dataslate. "I spoke with the Lady Armelan. She seemed friendly, and if truth be told a little interested in the goings of our dear captain. She might be open to an alliance of sorts."

Desmond leans back and picks up his drink. "I agree with everything Jace said as well. We only have the two options, and frankly I don't like the thought of racing there. We might be able to gather up some valuables, but ultimately we will only be driven away by other, stronger parties. Perhaps with an alliance we can actually claim it long enough to be truly worth while. Not to mention if we go seeking an alliance, perhaps we can use that same time to drive a wedge between other captains. Even if we merely suggest that some are considering working with us, it will make others less trusting in their own alliance."

he chuckles. "Paranoia is a classic trait to be found in places like this."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 14, 2016, 11:21:22 PM
"All good suggestions, all of you> Hasarian says "However I would have to agree with Icarus on this one." He pauses and takes a sip of Amasec

"While Sun Lee and I are on good terms, I knew from that start that we would be crossing blades this adventure. I am simply to big a threat to her. I can bring a up just as many soldiers as she can and I also have the backing of the Adeptus Mechanicus. She can't ignore that"

"And from what I hear Armelan's green is overwhelming for her. Something to do with family I think, she would turn on us in the end"

"As for the Provisor, I won't work with scum like him"

 He takes a drag on a cigar and blows out a smoke ring

"Right down to business" He says "Jace, I want you to try and decipher the vision. Perhaps a Navigator ritual of some sort?"

"Icarus I want you to take the strongest men and women from the people Jace bought and get them trained up and armed. We need as many gun hands we can get on this one. Just remember they are crew now, not slaves"

"Desmond your job is the hardest. Jace is right. Despite the Warp Storm clearing, there will still be pockets of warp energy and taint there. I want you too look around Footfall before we leave to see if you can find any weapons that a Missionary or passing Priest may have left behind. If not try the bowels of the Holy Venture. Emperor knows the ships old enough." 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 15, 2016, 10:05:30 AM
"As you command my Lord. And don't worry, after all didn't the Emperor led humanity to a future, where there should be no slavery and oppression? I will treat these people right, like fellow soldiers and I'll make sure that they'll learn everything necessary to stay alive".

Bane grunts with effort. "That amasec was strong stuff indeed. Anyway I wanted to make a proposal - we should look for priests and missionaries around this rock" he says with grim voice. "Any help from a holy man during a mission like that, will be invaluable. It's not only about life or death. It's about our souls". Icarus looks keenly at the rest of the party.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 15, 2016, 04:07:12 PM
"Emperor knows the death cults would like that, although they might have their own priests." Desmond replies. "I'll do what I can Captain in regards to holy weapons and what not. Maybe I'll find a priest in the process for Bane."

"Of course we should have plenty of gear in the Munitorium. Both for Bane's recruits and otherwise."

[OOC: I'll do a lore and underworld check to see if I can think of anywhere on Footfall that might have the stuff the Captain wants.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 15, 2016, 10:50:16 PM
@Gankom: Underworld check (Int)- 24-Pass!)

You recall that the best place to find anything remotely holy would be the market stalls that are situated near the entrances & exits to Footfall's Longshore.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 16, 2016, 01:14:16 PM
'With your leave, then, I shall accompany Bane and retreat to the Holy Venture. No doubt my research shall be most expeditious away from the ruckous of the city, and the shielding my chambers will provide should offer sufficient safety from anything... unforeseen.'

'Also,' he adds, 'might I inquire what you yourself will be doing?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 17, 2016, 12:18:24 AM
"Me Jace?" Hasarian asks "I'll be going with Desmond, It's always good to go in pairs here of Footfall. If that's alright with you Desmond?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 17, 2016, 12:54:11 AM
"Sure thing captain." Desmond responds. "Especially seeing as it's your money I'd be spending."

He'll finish his drink and put away his dataslate. "If we're splitting up then I figured I'd head to the market stalls. Holy weapons, bless trinkets, maybe even a priest, hopefully we can get it all in one place."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 17, 2016, 01:10:30 AM
"Very well" Hasarian says standing "Let us be off"

You take your leave of Bane and Jace and heard towards the market stalls.

After waling through the scrum you reach the stalls. Looking around you spot one two that look promising.

The first, run by some sort of psudo-missionary, bears a number of firearms and trinkets.

While the other, run by a grizzled ex-ganger, seems to cater too those with close combat in mind.

However a third stall catches your eye. It is little more than a large curio cabinet run by a well worn but still good looking woman. It has only a very small number of items but they are all of quality manufacture. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 17, 2016, 04:34:39 PM
Curiosity piqued Desmond will head for the third stall. Quality over quantity, especially when dealing with the warp.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 17, 2016, 11:37:03 PM
"Greetings travelers" The woman says and gestures to her curios

With in the curio cabinet you see  the following

On the first shelf, among various talismans and charms, a Lyndwyrm A-25A "Volcano" Autopistol. This one seems to have a red sword icon emblazoned on it's frame.

On the second shelf, in a velvet case, if a Footfall Pattern "Repentance" Hand flamer.   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 18, 2016, 02:45:21 AM
"Hmm." Desmond leans over inspecting the weapons. "I can certainly see Bane laying waste with a hand flamer."

{OCC: Can I get a lore check to try and recognize the icon, and get an idea of the power of the weapons compared to current equipment.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 18, 2016, 09:20:00 AM
'Well then, Icarus, shall we be off to the ship? I must admit I am looking forward to the comfort of its familiar halls after spending the day in this dreary place.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 18, 2016, 11:35:26 AM
"By all means comrade. This place gives me the creeps and I'd love to visit some familiar grounds. I need to start training our crew as soon as possible. Time is of the essence".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 18, 2016, 03:52:24 PM
'Quite. Speaking of the crew and, in particular, our new acquisitions, I should mention that I asked for a handful of... Shall we say, healthier specimens. While they can no doubt serve as the rest of the crew, I was going to offer them an opportunity for something greater. You see, information is as valuable a commodity as any, and no man is more trusting than in the presence of his closest confidantes. I intend to employ these few extra hires, or at least the willing ones, as such, in the hopes that they get close to our rivals and serve as our eyes and ears.'

'Naturally, such a task, and the necessary preparations for it, will exclude them from training as mere crew. I hope such can meet with your approval?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 19, 2016, 08:09:29 AM
"Hmmm that's a new. We can do this, but bear in mind that I'll need strong men and women to become our crew members. Weak ones are no use to me, not as fighting personell at least. How many do you need?"

Bane takes a long look Jace. "Also the thing you're talking about... It's going to be extremly dangerous. Not to mention there is a big chance that some of those people might defect to the other side" he adds.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 19, 2016, 08:33:18 AM
@Gankom;Lore Roll-5! Supper win!  :ph34r:

While you do not recall all about the icon, you do recall that autopistols with a red sword symbol like this one, were used by the very militant followers of the late missionary Genevieve Almace.

You also remember that Lyndwyrm Armoury, one of the largest munitions suppliers in the Calixis Sector, produces one of the most coveted autopistols in the segmentum, the A-25A "Volcano." Manufactured to an exacting standard rivalling that of the Lathes, the Volcano is renowned for reliably firing every time, its mechanisms so precise and well-calibrated that it almost never jams or misfires. A fire selector allows the user to quickly switch between semi-automatic and full automatic fire. Such is the reputation of this weapon that soldiers, Arch-militants, and bounty hunters in the Expanse pay exorbitant sums to obtain a Volcano to keep at their side.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 19, 2016, 11:35:43 AM
'True, loyalty is a concern... Which is why only those willing to serve will be assigned to the role. Mind you, we are doing them a favour- we have rescued them from a life of slavery, and are offering them three options- work as part of the crew, leave and take their chances in the Expanse- penniless, I might add- or live a life of luxury as an officer's friend or consort, their only obligation being to occasionally send us some information.'

He chuckles to himself. 'And of course, once they have volunteered for the job, they would be fools to blow their own cover in the hopes that their marks will be forgiving. But yes, I do agree a thorough screening process is in order.'

'As for numbers, I have requested less than two dozen for this purpose, leaving five hundred as standard crew for you to train. The Provisor ensures me they would be sufficiently able-bodied to work as part of the ship's crew.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 19, 2016, 12:24:18 PM
"Fair enough. Just remember that loyalty goes both ways. Those people need to know that we'll treat them right and will be there for them, when Grox-dung hits the fan." Bane looks expectantly at Jace. "You know well enough, that if those infiltrators will be discovered, then it's over for them. Not to mention Lord Hassarian will make some new, and powerful, enemies. We don't want that, do we?"

As Bane and Jace walk towards the ship, Icarus adds, after a moment of consideration. "Do you think a psychic screening would be feasible in current cirumstances? I've heard that it's quite effective, even if... unclean" he remarks with distate.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 19, 2016, 01:03:09 PM
Jace ponders the question for a moment. 'To be completely blunt, I am quite convinced that any psyker we might find in these parts would be no less heretical than those witches. Besides, I have studied the flow of the warp in this place since we arrived, and I've yet to uncover any psykers other than said witches- them, and the xenos this morning.' He shakes his head at the thought of the Eldar you found eavesdropping this morning.

'Either way, whatever this place holds in terms of psykers is likely either not powerful enough to be of any assistance, or powerful enough to hide from my sight- and psykers who hide are often of the blasphemous variery.'

He pauses, smirking. 'While we are on the subject of witches and blasphemy, what are your thoughts on what transpired in the seven's hall?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 19, 2016, 01:29:35 PM
"Fair enough. We'll just have to use our instincts then". Bane's face contorts with disgust, when he hears Jace's question. "I think that an imperial Navy bomb strike on this misbegotten place would be appropriate." Icarus shakes his head. "I hope that our captain knows what he's doing... and that we are not sailing towards damnation..." he adds with a rasp.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 20, 2016, 01:53:45 PM
'All I can say with certainty,' Jace says, 'is that the witches were no agents of Chaos, and will not send us to meet our doom on purpose... At least not in service to Chaos. Whether they might have another reason for doing so, or whether they are misled or mistaken, I cannot see.'

He pauses, hesitating for a moment. 'But ever since the witches' hall, I do feel a sense of urgency to reach this planet... An urge I cannot entirely explain, for common sense would dictate to stay far from this uncovered planet.' He chuckles, 'think of all we could achieve here while there were no rival Rogue Traders to hinder us.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 20, 2016, 04:12:37 PM
Desmond motions to the women in charge of the stall, then points out the two weapons. "Fine weapons you have here. My captain here wishes to gather more equipment before our next voyage. Your wares here have caught his eye sure enough, for a good price we'll gladly take them." Desmond is sure to draw her eye to the impressive figure of Captain Hasarian. "What will it take to acquire them?"

(OOC: For now he'll try for both.)

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 21, 2016, 08:28:48 AM
Bane looks at Jace sharply. "Are you suggesting that those freaks could be influencing us in any way?" he asks with a tension in his voice. "I will not be a plaything of some warp-spawned abomination, nor will I see such a fate befall you or Hassarian." He begins to march faster, one of his hands on a grip of his Bolt pistol. "As for your other... wish, I agree that if there would be no opposition, then our work would be a lot easier. Still, I don't know how we could "persuade" others to let it go and get out of here." Icarus once again begins to look around, searching for danger in every shadow, nook and cranny.

[OOC: Perception roll to see if we're not followed.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 21, 2016, 12:39:05 PM
'It is certainly a possibility. While an uncovered planet is certainly a worthy price, it is also a dangerous one, yet not a soul on this station stops to consider the possibility of simply not going... It seems a fever has gripped the captains of Footfall, and whether it is simple mass hysteria or something more malign, I cannot say.'

'On the other hand, you are correct; I see no ways of dissuading the good captain from setting out in search of this prize, short of either tending our resignation or disabling the ship. Neither of which are paths I am keen to undertake,' he adds with a sly grin.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 21, 2016, 01:35:34 PM
"Well, we are commited right now. No turning back for us" adds Icarus with a grim finality. "However I'd love to have even a small advantage over our rivals. Maybe a sabotage or something similar. Nothing too drastic, I don't want to needlesly get blood on my hands."

"We should discuss this with lord Hassarian" he says, looking expectantly at Jace.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 22, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
@Gankom: Weapon acquirement (Lyndwyrm A-25A "Volcano" Autopistol) roll- 5! Super success! :Ohmy:

Weapon acquirement (Footfall "Repentance" Hand Flamer) roll- 48! Fail!  ::heretic::

"I'll sell you that Volcano, but I don't thing you have enough for the flamer" the woman says "Would you like to keep browsing?"
***

@Xath: Perception Roll- 75! Giant Fail!

Unfortunately the hustle & bustle of Footfall's Longshore makes it had to focus on one's surroundings
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 22, 2016, 04:17:01 PM
Jace smirks at your suggestion. 'And you say I am being dangerous?'

'I am sure we can find someone capable of performing such a feat, or perhaps you yourself would volunteer? Mind you, if we are to do this, we should consult captain Hasarian in whom to target. No doubt he has certain opinions on whether he is comfortable with antagonizing his rivals- especially if he plans to cooperate with them at some point in the future.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 22, 2016, 05:47:34 PM
"A fine deal." Desmond replies, hiding his annoyance. The volcano was the real goal anyways he tells himself. Desmond hands over the thrones required and carefully grasps the autopistol. He checks it over, making sure everything is in order, then continues to browse the stalls for any other weapons that could aid the crew.

"Well captain, we're one gun up at least. A fine one as well."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 22, 2016, 05:55:46 PM
"Indeed" Hasarian says nodding "Would you like to keep looking or start our search for a missionary?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 22, 2016, 08:13:09 PM
Desmond will wander over towards the second, close combat oriented, stall. "I wouldn't mind looking at a few more weapons bossman. I know we should have plenty in the munitorium on board, but you can never have enough options. In fact, with your permission of course, I was thinking of looking for a batch of above average weapons. If Bane is going to train a few troops up perhaps it would be worthwhile for the junior officers to carry some good equipment. Not only would it make them more effective, but it could be a valuable morale boost for the former slaves and ship scum. Perhaps decent quality chain swords, shotguns or such."

"Not to mention weapons for us as well."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 23, 2016, 08:31:57 AM
"A sound plan" Hasarian says "I would select weapons that Icarus is familiar with though"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 24, 2016, 05:54:23 PM
"Of course Captain." Desmond replies as they head to the next shop.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 25, 2016, 10:46:25 AM
"That we should. I don't think that i could do such a thing. There is only one man of whom I know, capable of infiltrating and destroying an entire enemy ship by himself and he's far away from here. Anyway we should speak with the captain and ask him, who he wants to ally with. Then we can decide what to do with the others."

[OOC: I guess we can arrive at the ship, unless Jace wants to add something else. ;) ]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 25, 2016, 01:13:06 PM
@Gankom:

Most of the weapons that the Ex-Ganger is selling are handy in tight spaces and can be hidden in a coat pocket. Truncheons,  Weighted Memory-Wire, Knifes daggers etc. However there are a few swords, axes and a few chain weapons.

He also sells Stub Automatics, Pistols and Revolvers mostly with short barrels. A few cut down shotguns also make theirs homes upon his tables, a hand full of flamers of both the full sized and had-held varieties,  even a couple of primitive blunderbusses.



@Xath & DS:

Having reached the ship you settle in and start working
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 25, 2016, 02:01:58 PM
[[OoC: Before starting to work on what Hasarian asked of him, Jace will retreat to his chambers and look for the "special" slaves. Need to address them for a bit.]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 26, 2016, 08:54:51 AM
Bane gathers the rest of freed slaves and prepares to adress them in one of the ship's hangar bays.

[OOC: I ask a few ship's armsmen to help me with that task.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 26, 2016, 04:56:38 PM
"Well I think we can safely ignore the blunderbuss." Desmond says as he examines the weapons. "Perhaps for the junior officers we should stick to something simple such as swords and revolvers. They should be easy to get trained on, and still provide a nice little authority boost."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 26, 2016, 08:42:02 PM
@DS:

You gather the so call "Special Slaves" together and prepare to address them

@Xath:

The strongest and fittest male and female ex-slaves are ushered in too a rough formation by the Armsmen in the hangar. You notice that they all have heavy scaring around the wrists and ankles

"Do you wish to say anything before we start sifting through them for the best among them Sir?" Asks one of the Armsmen


@Gankom:

"Are you looking to order in bulk?" asks the ex-ganger turn merchant
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 26, 2016, 11:43:29 PM
Desmond considers the man and gives him a winning grin. "Probably a few dozen or so. Enough to be a special extra for some new officers, not outfitting the rank and file. We've got more then enough for that lot." He puts a bit of extra emphasis on the end part, letting the ex ganger know that this is a crew not to be trifled with.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 27, 2016, 07:56:57 AM
Bane walks on a shipping crate and takes a long, piercing look at the gathered ex-slaves.

"Men and women of Holy Venture! On behalf of Captain Hassarian I welcome you aboard our fine ship. Slaves you no longer are, but free sailors of the deep void! From now on you can make your own fate, your own fortune! And make no mistake, a fortune awaits you, if only you're brave and daring enough. Well tell me then? Are you? Or do you wish to go back to your old life, in chains and poverty?" Bane cries as hard as possible, to be heard across the deck, his rebreather adding an artifical snarl to his words.

"Look at your scars, those around your ankles and wrists. They are your badges of honour! They will remind you that never again, shall you be slaves to anyone. Hassarian is a fair captain and he only requires faithful soldiers and comrades in his ventures. In return he will provide you with freedom, riches and glory, all in the Emperor's name, may His eternal light shine forever more on this galaxy and all those beyond it!" Bane is ecstatic now, his times and memories from the Guard returning to him in a tide of righteous emotions, like a flood.

"You have a simple choice - be free, be really free and forge your own destiny or deny it and never truly loose those chains that they've kept you in for most of your lives! I know what I would do in your place and I hope that you do too!" he finishes, looking expectantly at them.

[OOC: I try to convince them that they're awesome and should join our little gang space-sailors.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 27, 2016, 10:37:10 AM
Jace takes the fastest way to the core of the ship, where his chambers are located- away from the outlying parts of the ship, so that in case of hull breach the ship's Navigator would remain safe. A position fitting the importance of the Navigator- for without a Navigator, the ship would be unable to perform the translation to the warp. Jace enjoyed the thought of being awarded one of the safest locations in the ship, even if he disliked having to walk through countless narrow halls whenever he went to and from his chambers.

Upon entering his quarters, Jace smiled for a moment- finally, after hours in the cesspool that was Footfall, he found himself in his sanctuary again. Unlike most parts of the ship, Jace had seen to it that his quarters were furnished- a deep red carpet on the floor, and plates of white marble covering the thirty feet high walls, so that no hint of the cold steel underneath remained. An extravagant silver and crystal chandelier hung from the black ceiling, casting its light from specially crafted lumen orbs which, without blinding whoever occupied the room, provided clear lighting across the sizable room.

Along the wall to his right were stairs leading to the second floor of his quarters- a vide of oaken beams and golden baluster spanning the length of the right and back walls, sporting grand automated doors which provided access to the rooms beyond- at least, to those who knew the unique password for each room. Behind those doors were Jace's study, his bathroom, bedroom, a small library, and several chambers containing personal artefacts; thropies and mementos of his past travels. Two chambers were empty still- for Jace had not been aboard the ship long enough to decide what he would like to keep there- although a sauna or swimming pool were high on his list of options.

On the first floor, there were several similar doors, leading to a dining room, a dressing room and a kitchen- despite the fact that Jace knew little about the art of preparting food. Each room had been furnished as lavishly as the hall Jace found himself in now- some found the decorations wasteful, but Jace, having spent much of his childhood in the spartan rooms provided to him by the Adeptus Mechanicus, felt he was entitled to a certain degree of luxury.

Art lined the walls, showing carefully depicted landscapes painted by some of the more successful artists of the Calixis sector. Calming beaches, quiet forests, majestic mountain peaks- several works had found their way into Jace's possession. Underneath them, Jace kept a number of potted plants- flowers, cacti and the like. Quite a bit of power was drawn to this ship in order to provide a suitable climate for the plants, but the presence of these living but ultimately silent companions brought some comfort to Jace.

Underneath the chandelier stood a large round mahogany table, a gift presented to Jace by the planetary governor of Thalessus VI after an especially lucrative deals. While Jace had long ago left the crew he served with then, the table had travelled with him. Rich with engraved imagery of Imperial symbolism- the Aquila, the two-headed eagle, prominent among them, it was one of his most prized possessions- perhaps not for its monetary value, but aesthetically impressive nonetheless.

Around the table, several low couches and armchairs of black leather were gathered, and upon these were seated the slaves Jace had requested. The room fell quiet as Jace entered, and frightful looks turned to the Navigator. Even with the armsmen present the slaves had been muttering among themselves, but now they knew the one who had purchased them entered.

'Good afternoon,' Jace began, pacing towards the table, refusing to take a seat even when one of the slaves tried to rise. Already some of the slaves were forced close together on the couches for lack of seats, and Jace wanted his purchases to be comfortable. Instead he leaned on the table with both hands, looking at each of the slaves in turn.

'My name is Jace Siegmund, scion of house Siegmund, and Navigator to captain Hasarian of the Rogue Trader vessel  Holy Venture, the ship upon which you find yourself currently. While captain Hasarian provided the necessary funds, I am the one who bought your servitude from the lord Provisor.'

He pushed himself off the table, standing up straight. 'One thing I am not, however, is your master. As of right now, you are free to leave.' He took a moment to let the realization sink in, and when he started noticing tears of joy in the slaves' eyes amid incredulous bursts of laughter, he continued. 'Captain Hasarian is quite opposed to the practice of slavery, and only accepts willing, hard working men and women as his crew.'

'As such, you may leave this ship right now, if you desire- the armsmen will escort you to the exit, and that will be the end of it. You will be penniless, unemployed, on a station where words such as mercy and charity are considered foul language, but at least you will have your freedom. I have not yet informed the captain of your presence here- no doubt he will not miss the paltry sum I paid for your freedom, and him not knowing about your presence here means that he will not protest you leaving, nor come looking for you.'

At this some expressions became more clouded, but Jace continued regardless. 'However, I would offer you a choice. The Holy Venture could use extra crew to keep us running- if you care for such things, I am offering you a paid job as a member of our crew. You will be expected to perform hard work for fair pay, and whenever we make port you are, of course, free to take your earnings and leave. In that case these armsmen will take you to my colleague, Icarus Bane, who will provide you with rudimentary training in both combat and working the ship.'

Again, Jace pauses to let his words sink in. 'Of course, there is a third option. While it involves an increased risk and some measure of secrecy, it is far simpler work, and far more rewarding. You will be relying on your social skills more than on your ability to perform manual labour. However, due to said measure of secrecy, I ask that any who wishes to forego my offer of work, either as part of the crew or in this more lucrative job, leaves now.'

'I will give you a moment or two to consider, while I bring out the refreshments.' He walks over to the kitchen door, entering the twelve character cipher required to open the thick, steel sliding doors. A pneumatic hiss confirms the correct code has been entered, revealing a well lit kitchen, seven rows of white ceramic tiles against the white walls surrounding a floor or dark grey tiles. A small but well-stocked wine rack stands in a corner.

Most of the furniture is not as lavish as that in the living room, but it nonetheless radiates an aura of cleanliness. Upon a pristine oaken table rests a silvery plate with a selection of high provender refreshments, enough to feed the former slaves. Jace cannot stop himself from picking up a slice of spiced grox meat wrapped around a white cheese, and popping the snack into his mouth. He savours the taste- it had been a while since his last dinner, after all.

Jace looks to one of the armsmen in the living room, gesturing towards the kitchen while picking up the plate. 'There is a seven-year old bottle of amasec in the wine rack, and a recaf machine on the counter. Take the orders of these people and bring them whatever they prefer- crystal glasses are in the left cupboard, and porcelain cups are in the right.' He then walks back to the living room and carefully places the plate on his precious mahogany table. 'Oh, and don't forget the coasters!'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 02:30:20 PM
@Gankom:

(OOC: Since the items your are buying are common I'll give you +30 to get them- Roll- 35 Pass! Had you some how failed I would have made us loose -1 profit factor as the merchant gauged us for money!)

"A fair price" he says "Very well" He snaps his Fingers and more Ex-Gangers begin to load up a heavy cart with the weapons requested

"Well" Hasarian says as you walk away and let your on station crew and the ex-gangers handle the rest "You are a good talker my friend! Now let's go looking for..."

"Excuse me?" asks a voice from behind you

You turn and see a haggard face, covered in tick grey-white stubble, save for a hedge like moustache on his upper lip. His head and face are battered and you notice a burn scar creeping it's way up his neck and marring his left ear.

You also notice the Ecclesiarchal robes, aquila pendant, sepulchre, censer and incense and various other trinkets of unknown manufacture

"... a priest?" Hasarian finishes

"Actually I'm a missionary" the man says "My Name is Petrus Lokhart"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 02:36:07 PM
@Xath

(OOC: Fel Roll- You rolled a 46. Your fel is 43)

While your speach did not have the effect you'd hoped for they at least seem interested

****

@DS:

While it won't take any more convincing they will need to practice their court skills
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 27, 2016, 03:53:41 PM
"Well that's a nice coincidence." Desmond say's happily, although he's careful to keep some rather suspicious thoughts hidden. "We were just looking for a priest or missionary."

He extends a hand to shake, and to get a feeling for the man.

"I'm Desmond Pyke, Seneschal for my Lord Captain Hasarian here. Were you looking for us? Cause it's very likely we were looking for you."

(OOC: Desmond wants to size up the man and make sure he's honest, or at least fairly honest. He's always a little suspicious when people come up to them. Especially after the earlier shakedown from the fake officials.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
"Oh I've been asking various ship captains all day! You are the 27th Captain I've talked too" Petrus says nonchalantly

Perception roll- 80!  ::heretic::

The man hinds his feelings well.

"Anyway, you are short a man of the cloth I take it?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 27, 2016, 05:19:37 PM
"Indeed we are." Desmond agrees slowly. "Especially in our line of work, it's always important to have someone tending to the souls. Very dangerous on board a ship. Between the local death cult, filthy aliens, the warp and Emperor knows what else it's an exciting life. What about you though sir, looking to go somewhere specific or just get off Footfall?"

[OOC: Desmond is watching to see how Petrus reacts. Both to the possible dangers, and getting off Footfall.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 05:53:24 PM
@Gamkon:

(OOC: Per Roll-32 Pass!)

You see that the man is indeed anxious to get off Footfall. The dangers don't seem to trouble him though he dose raise an eye brow a the mention of the Death Cult.

"A Death Cult you say? How interesting" Lokhart says

You notice that he fingers the hilt chainsword at his waist in anxiety

"I do not require payment and there is no need to worry about my accommodations, I'm used to sparse quarters"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 27, 2016, 08:43:11 PM
"Ah I take it your interested in a speedy exit from Footfall." With the look to the captain for permission Desmond will motion for the priest to join them as they go back to the ship. "Well we are looking for a priest so an arrangement could serve both of us. Although it would be imperative that we know a little bit more about you. We don't want to be inviting just any old stranger on board." He chuckles.

"I would also appreciate a warning if you expected anyone else to have a... problem... with your exit."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 09:35:25 PM
"Ah yes I understand" Lokhart says as you walk "Well let's see here..."

He pauses and strokes his moustache

"Well, I was trained at The Temple of Broken Chain on Garnache III, I spent time on board various pilgrim vessels after I... left..."

He trails off, then shakes his head sadly

"Most of my skills come from spreading the word of The Emperor on various ships and void stations.  At any rate I always try my up most to be ship hopping as much as possible. It's not that I don't like the crew I minister too, I do, but I tend to... leave something to be desired with most captains"

"I sense a story there" Hasarian remarks

"Maybe" Lokhart replies nodding "Just don't put me in charge of any crew. I don't enjoy it, matter of fact it's best if the crew avoid me if possible"

"Whys that?" Hasarian asks

"People have a annoying habit of dying when they get too close too me" Lokhart says cynically with a rueful smile "Sides which, there's no such thing a true friendship anyway, so what would be the point in getting close to anyone save The Emperor?"

He seems to collapse in on himself, as if a great weight is pushing down upon his shoulders, some terrible burden crushing his heart.

However this moment of weakness is gone in the blink of an eye and the hardy Missionary comes back out in full force.

"However I doubt that you care about I personal credo" He remarks "No you want to know if I have any people looking for me right? Yes I do but none that can follow us off Footfall without a ship I assure you. Just the usual scum. There are other but... if they followed me this far nothing can stop them"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 27, 2016, 11:07:54 PM
"Well I have to admit that's not the usual pitch from someone looking for a job." Desmond admits. "Well Bossman, it's your ship and your crew. What do you say? We were at least looking for a priest, and I doubt we'd find another such willing volunteer."

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 27, 2016, 11:23:50 PM
"I don't see any real reason not too let him sign on with the Venture. Almost everyone out here has something they are running from after all. Any objections Desmond?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 28, 2016, 09:25:20 AM
After he finishes his speech, Bane takes his time to walk to each of ex-slaves and share a few words with them. He asks them about their prior experiences, expertise, if they have any, and once again he insurse them that a new, brighter future awaits them.

[OOC: I try to learn as much about them as possible. I want to make sure that they know, they won't be treated as cannon fodder, but soldiers.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 28, 2016, 01:29:52 PM
'Splendid,' Jace smiles, before gesturing at the ones who indicated they would be willing to work as part of the crew. 'The armsmen will escort you to my colleague, Icarus, who will give you your assignment.' He nods at one of the guardsmen, indicating he is to lead the new members of the crew away. Deep inside, he felt a measure of pity for these men and women- most would not survive the next expedition, either due to workplace incidents, exhaustion, the death cult which had risen among the crew, or any number of other dangers.

Those feelings were easily buried however, courtesy of a childhood spent among the Adeptus Mechanicus, where life was cheap and human dignity was as nothing before the will of the Omnissiah. It allowed  Jace to keep smiling as the crewmembers were led out of his chambers, their eyes filled with hope- a hope that would, regrettably, soon turn to dust in service to captain Hasarian and, by extension, the God-Emperor.

Turning to those who remain- the ones who showed interest in Jace's suggestion of less strenuous work, he sat down, folding his fingers before him while looking at each of his guests in turn.

'It pleases me to see a number of you taking this opportunity,' he began. 'I am certain you will not come to doubt your decision. Before I explain what the job entails, I ask that you tell me a little bit about yourselves- where are you from, what was your life like before encountering the Provisor, anything you feel like sharing.' He looks around the table, before resting his gaze on the worker to his right. 'Let us begin with you, shall we?'

[[Trying to find out a bit about the ex-slaves; number, names, how many men/women, how aesthetically pleasing each one is, what their jobs and skills were in their life before the provisor, a general impression of how pleasant they are to speak with and so on...]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 29, 2016, 02:43:44 PM
@Xath:

(Fellowship roll-77 fail!)

The ex-slaves are tight lipped. However you can see where some of sword scars, most likely from pit fighting.


@DS:

(Fellowship roll-62 fail!)

They mumble replies that are too hard to make out. However you can tell which ones will be the most good looking with a little more meat on their bones.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 30, 2016, 01:16:25 AM
"None from me captain. We've all got a bit of history." Desmond agrees. "Although I had hoped a priest would be able to help crew morale and just generally keep an eye on the Death cult and anyone else."

He looks at Lokhart. "Think you'll be able to keep an ear to the ground for us? Pass on anything rumblings you hear from the crew?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 01, 2016, 08:52:49 AM
Bane let's them off for now. He instructs the Armsmen to take them to their quarters, where they'll get a chance to wash, eat something and prepare for the future voyage. "I want them in training hall 03-X7 in two hours from now" he adds. "Make sure that they'll be ready for the first batch of excersises. As for me, I'm going to speak to the captain now" he finishes, and then wanders off in search for Hassarian.

[OOC: I want to find the captain and talk with him about the Missionary.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 01, 2016, 05:46:26 PM
@Gankom:

"I don't see why not" Lokhart says as you walk through the final air lock and on too the Holy Venture "I hear just about everything from the crew after service"

"Very well then" Hasarian says "Desmond, take Petrus and get him settled in. I am going to the bridge"


***

@Xath:

You wander the ship for awhile before going too the bridge. Hasarian is standing next to his command throne going over ship's data.

He notices your approach.

"How goes it Icarus?" He asks as he flips to the next page
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 02, 2016, 08:48:42 AM
Jace feigns a smile, careful not to let his mask of kindess slip. He had never been very good at fraternizing with lesser personel- after all, why show kindness to a tool, no matter its value? Desmond or the captain could worry about them later. Until then, he wasn't going to tell them much about what was expected of them- not before they had proved themselves worthy of his trust, at any rate.

'Well then,' he says, 'I am sure you are exhausted- we can talk more later.' He motions to one of the armsmen. 'Escort our new employees to our guest quarters. I will inform the captain and the seneschal of their arrival.' He then stands up, directing his gaze at the employees. 'Now, if you'll excuse I have some work to do. We will speak again soon.'

He waits as his spies-to-be leave his quarters, then locks the door behind them. For a moment, Jace leans against the door, exhaling. 'By the Throne, lower personel is exhausting,' he exclaims to the empty room. Then he retreats to his library. If he was to uncover the true meaning behind the vision, his personal collection of hallowed dataslates on the topic of the Warp could be helpful.

Punching his libraries' password into the door's locking mechanism, the sober room beyond was illuminated by several lumen orbs. A number of curved mahogany bookcases formed three circles surrounding a comfortable armchair and a small table,behind which more shelves were fastened to the walls, containing even more dataslates.

The floor was covered by the same red carpet as the living room, but the walls were ebony and the ceiling silver. Jace paid the room little mind- this was his colleciton of more mundane dataslates- interesting, and quite valuable, but not what he was looking for. He moved to the opposite end of the circular room, making sure the door was closed behind him before entering the code to the second door.

As the second door opened, a pure white room behind revealed itself. The lumen orbs here provided a far more intense light, and elaborate silver linings covering the floor, walls and ceiling gave the chamber its own diminutive Geller field. Not as effective as the ship's field to be sure, but considering the contents of the vault, not a single precaution could be considered a luxury. These dataslates contained dangerous ideas, at best. While his position as a Navigator allowed him to study the information, any other poor soul would have been quartered, burned and excommunicated from the grace of the God-Emperor for knowing these titles even existed.

There was but a single feature in the center of the room- a pedestal containing a keypad and a display shedding a soft blue light. 'Where to start...' Jace muttered to himself, before punching in the words "heresy" and "vision". Hitting the enter button, several titles and authors appeared in the display above. Jace selected the third title on the list.

Immediately, a bookcase raised from the slick white floor, a small on one of the sleves indicating the location of the requested dataslate. Carefully, Jace took the device from its container and turned away, the bookcase already retreating back into the floor. Jace sat down on the floor beside the place where the bookcase had appeared- not a single line betrayed its location.

Hesitantly, he turned the dataslate on and began reading...

[[OoC: Forbidden Lore (Warp) test to study the meaning of the vision]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 02, 2016, 04:27:00 PM
{OOC: Jace needs a little mechanical cherub to follow him around and just go "Duh duh DUH" at appropriate times.)

Desmond nods to the captain and escorts the missionary to his quarters, and informs him on what few details about the ships temple-shrine that he would know.

Once Petrus is settled Desmond will lean again the door frame. "If you need anything else just come let me know and I'll get you set. Keep an eye on the crew for me like I asked and we'll take good care of you, even if whatever history you have try's to rear it's ugly head." Desmond turns to leave but stops and turns back. "One last thing though. When your listening to the crew and doing your sermons and whatnot, have a look into the death cult. I'm not worried about it, but I'd like to know more. The crew is very important to me, so I'd like to know what's going on with all of em."

Unless Petrus has any question Desmond will then excuse himself and start looking over the usual dataslates. Making sure they have the supplies they need, getting the ship set, the usual starting voyage stuff.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 02, 2016, 06:46:53 PM
Taking a moment from his studies, Jace plugs a micro-bead in his ear. 'Jace to Desmond and the captain. I am making progress with my research, but I will need more time. Meanwhile, I have selected a handful of former slaves which were in better condition than the others- it is my hope that, with sufficient training, we can employ them as spies on other vessels, or perhaps planetbound. I'll leave target selection to the captain, and I was hoping you, Desmond, could provide a touch up on their social skills. Copy.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 02, 2016, 07:19:13 PM
Desmond listen's to Jace and grins at possibilities. "Roger that Jace. I'll take a look and see what needs doing. I should be able to teach them a thing or two, make them useful to us."

Once they've had some time to settle in Desmond will have a look at the freed courtier types to get a feel for them. He will evaluate their character and skills, and judge their possibility as agents.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 03, 2016, 09:02:08 AM
"My Lord!" Bane salutes sharply, before getting to the meat of the matter. "I've reviewed our potential combatants. They will need some work, to trust us and make sure of their loyalty, but I'm confident that it can be done. We must assure them that we'll care for them and not abandon them at the first, possible opportunity. Like I've said - it can be done, but it will need time. Just thought that you'd want to hear this" Icarus finishes and hesitates a bit. He clears his throat...

[OOC: What mood is Hassarian in?]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 05, 2016, 11:33:32 PM
@DS: Forbidden Lore (warp) Intl roll-52 fail.

It seems that this slate is not providing answers


@Gankom:

"Yes I keep an ear to the decking as it were" Lokhart says with that he goes about getting a cot ready

Your regal moustache twitches in excitement. Intrigue and training others in intrigue like things is something you enjoy after all.

The ex-slave candidates are brought before you...


(Fel roll-54- fail! / Per roll-27-Pass! / Int roll-39-pass!)

While looking them over you notice a few things, even though they won't say a word.

Three of the woman and one of the men seem to be very interested in your gestures and in you speech patterns.

A forth woman and two of the men, despite their bodies having been thinned out from years of slavery, appear perfect for seduction purposes, once they return to their normal sises that is.

Lastly, the final five women and three men are perfect servant material. Good looking, but no where near as attractive as the first two groups. They also have a quite and unassuming demeanor that belies the fact that, they are closely observing everything. 


@Xath:

Hasarian seems amicable
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 06, 2016, 06:21:43 PM
(OOC: Sam Steele mustache for the win. It should have a Fel roll all it's own.)

"Hmm an interesting bunch we have here." Desmond say's eventually. "I understand you all must be having some rather... conflicted feelings. From a life in slavery, to a life aboard a starship. Let alone what we're essentially hiring you to do."

Desmond will pace in front of the group, acting friendly and rather flamboyant. "I understand you've already met with our fine Navigator, and that he's already given you some kind of an idea what that job is. Now I'll be working with you personally to get you ready for that. Social skills, spying, ciphers, whatever is necessary. I'll be blunt with you, we want you to become spies for us. To pass along critical information. In exchange we WILL look after you. As well as whatever family or loved ones you have. You will be protected and treated well."

"Now I intend to discover if you already have any particular skills in this regard, and you will be used appropriately. Captain Hasarian does not wantonly throw away valuable crew, and do not be mistaken we consider you a valuable member of our crew. Some of you may become courtesans, others hopefully trusted servants, all of you will be put in positions to come into contact with valuable information. Now let's get working on some basic stuff shall we?"

{OOC: Desmond will begin training them in intrigue and spycraft. At the same time he's working hard to build comradery and trust between them. He wants their loyalty as much as he wants them well trained. He also wants to know if any of them have particular valuable skills.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 08, 2016, 09:40:28 AM
Bane coughs and proceeds to the meat of the matter. "That missionary, Petreus. He appears on my data slate as a wanted criminal. There is a substantial bounty on his head." Icarus looks at Hassarian with intent in his eyes.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 08, 2016, 10:44:56 AM
@Xath:

Hasarian smiles and chuckles in too his beard

"Yes I suspected as much" He remarks "I don't think that he is any real threat too us, that's why I gave him the job after all. I must admit Icarus, I did not expect you as one to consider attacking or killing a missionary"

He pauses and pulls up a dataslate and begins scrolling through the pages

"Ah yes" Hasarian says "He'll do..."

He hands you the slate and you see a image of a large, bearded Catachan, along with a profile.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 08, 2016, 11:45:56 AM
"I did not my Lord, or at least not outright. After all there are crooked priests, who forgot the word of the God-Emperor. I didn't want to act without your knowledge on this." Bane takes the slate and gives it a quick look. "Who is that man?" asks Icarus with a frown.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 08, 2016, 12:58:00 PM
'So much for the scribbling of madmen to explain the blathering of witches,' Jace muses. While punching the command to store the dataslate away again into the terminal, he rubs his eyes and temples with his free hand. After putting the device away, he smiles. 'A more official source then, perhaps.'

Returning to the terminal, he enters another command into the terminal, this time searching for dataslates on the history of Navigator houses who have operated in the area. Perhaps one had taken the trouble of charting a route to an undiscovered world. Cross-referencing with more contemporary charts of known worlds, as well as records of warp-storms, might return data on a planet that was once discovered, but now unknown.

Another bookcase rose on the far side of the room, containing another collection of unmarked dataslates. Jace picked up the one indicated by a tiny, bright blue lumen orb. 'Collected history of the House Tarfalen,' Jace muttered. The first of many houses' slates to read through. He had his work cut out for him.

[Forbidden Lore (Navigators) to see if any Navigator house might know something about the Pearl]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 08, 2016, 11:16:37 PM
@Xath:

"That rather extra burly Catachan is Thamos Slayn. Used to be a guardsman like you. I decided to hire you, rather than him Icarus.

I did so because you have a sense of loyalty and honour, or at least I think you do."

Hasarian sighs and looks you straight in the eye, calm as Valhallan Ice

"I am ever so slightly disappointed in you Icarus, that you would even suggest such a thing. Have you forgotten the lesson that I tried to impart to all of you just hours ago on the Longshore? That the ex-slaves, no our new crew mates, are to be treated as any other?"

He pauses and puts a hand on your shoulder



"The same basic rule applies to ALL new crew. Their pasts do not matter and have no effect on our judgement. It is what they do going forward that matters"

He turns away

"I show you Slayn's profile as a gesture of good faith. I could have hired him and will do so if you ever think about betraying a new crew members trust ever again. Do you understand what I am saying?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 09, 2016, 12:44:04 PM
Icarus stares back into the eyes of his captain with eerie calm. "I understand my lord. It won't happen again and I thank you for your trust in me" he speaks with rock-solid voice, then turns around and walks out from Hassarian's quarters, heading towards the crew decks.

[OOC: Bane will continue with the training, overseeing it personally, while also looking for a trusted crew member.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 12, 2016, 11:40:47 AM
@ Gankom:

(Fel roll-31 Pass!, Per roll- 67 Fail!, Int roll- 7 pass!)

The trainees seem to be opening up

***

@DS:

(Nav roll-86 fail)

Still nothing to see. Perhaps another try?

***

@Xath:

(Fel roll-48 fail!, Per roll-54 fail!, Int roll fail!)

While they seem to be picking thingss up they don't seem to like you much.


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 12, 2016, 11:45:25 AM
Bane begins to loose his patience. He grabs a couple of armsmen and one more time tries to talk with ex-slaves... nicely.

[OOC: Can I spend a few more actions on my tests, to recieve some modifires?]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 12, 2016, 06:02:01 PM
Sure, go ahead.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 12, 2016, 06:22:17 PM
Desmond will make sure nothing else requires his attention, otherwise he'll continue training the spies.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 14, 2016, 09:14:42 AM
@Xath:

(Fel roll +20 - 28! Pass!, Per roll +20 - 24! Pass!, Int roll +20 - 62! Pass!)

At last you are starting to see results as the trainees finally take your advice.

***

@DS:

(WP roll- 38! Pass!, Per Roll -26! Pass!, Int roll- 66! Fail!)

After going through more Navigator lore and history, at last you begin to piece together an old Navigator ritual that might work. However you are having a little trouble as you still can not find anything on the Seven Witches or any other similar cabal. You still have no idea how their powers work.

Perhaps you could ask that new Missionary for help?


***

@Gankom:

(Fel roll- 82! Fail!, Per Roll- 71! Fail!, Int Roll- 91! Fail!)

You suddenly feel like you have hit a wall. You decide to call it quits for now and do something different to recharge
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 14, 2016, 08:51:01 PM
"Well we will leave it at that for today." Desmond tells the trainees, slightly frustrated at the lack of success. "You can retire back to your quarters. Rest up, get back in shape, and we'll continue another time."

He'll watch them all file out then shake his head sadly. More annoyed at his own lack of success then theirs. With enough training there could be some real gems in that group.

"I need to stretch my legs." he grumbles, cracking his knuckles and rubbing his neck. With that, he gets up and does a brief tour of the main sections of the ship. Chit chatting with crew, keeping an ear out for any morale problems and crew whispers, and getting to know some of the officers. More to build a good working relationship, he also is mindful to look for anyone who might be a good agent or informant in the crew itself. If knowledge is power, having knowledge of your own people must be paramount.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 16, 2016, 08:14:01 AM
"Good job men" barks Bane, satisfied at seeing his charges progress. "I see that your enthusiasm for the job is producing results. Keep it up and the Emperor will look upon you with favor. Now do that last lap three more times, and double time it!" Icarus looks around, searching for a familiar face amongst the armsmen.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 19, 2016, 04:13:14 PM
@Xath:

You spot a Armsman that looks Ex-Navy over at the other end of the bay. You recall his name is Rand.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 22, 2016, 08:56:15 AM
Bane aproaches the man, a neutral look on his face. "Rand is it?" he asks, extending his hand. "I was looking for you. Care for a small walk, and maybe a sip of some prime Amasec?" asks Icarus, with a calm and steady voice, while looking him sternly in the eye.

[OOC: I want to determine if anyone looks at us.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 24, 2016, 08:39:58 PM
@Xath: Per check- 0 pass!

You don't see or feel that anyone is watching

***

@ Gankom:

You decide to make your way to the armory.

(OOC: Is there anyone you are looking for, an adviser, a confidant etc?)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 24, 2016, 09:31:41 PM
(Like an informant. I'm interested in any news amongst the crew, what their thinking/feeling, and perhaps getting some information on the death cult or any other factions amongst the crew)

Desmond makes his way into the armory and takes stock of the situation. He casually makes his way around the inventory to make sure stuff is in good shape. Once he's done a professional inspection he'll look for one of his informants to get any news on the crew.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 27, 2016, 03:51:11 AM
While you inspect the weapon cash you notice one of your informants gesture too you. You watch as he disappears behind a weapons rack.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 27, 2016, 04:11:16 AM
Desmond will casually follow him while doing his best to avoid attention from others and make sure he's not followed.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 29, 2016, 01:43:14 PM
Jace taps the last line he read with his index finger, in a strange mix of frustration at his inability to solve the problem, and relief at the fact that he had found out why he wasn't able to figure out. 'House Talgar managed to do it,' he murmurs. 'Figures. Heresy-loving digraces to the Navigator gene, the lot of them. Nothing a Throne-fearing Navigator could hope to understand.'

Sighing, he places the dataslate back in its case, marking the document for later study before allowing the bookcase to lower into the floor again. He then leaves his library behind, retreating to the living room. After pouring himself a glass water as pure as anything found on a ship of this size and snacking on a roll of Tarvirr bacon wrapped around a slice of melon, he plugs his micro-bead back into his ear. 'Jace to staff,' he announces, contacting the captain, Desmond and Bane. 'After... quite some time, ' he says, realizing just now that he has no idea how long he had been studying in his library, 'I've found some information, but there is little that is of practical use. I did find information about another Navigator house which had apparently developed a ritual to find paths based on visions similar to those of the witches. Unfortunately, that Navigator house showed some less than devout tendencies, and each of its scions has since been granted the Emperor's mercy. Atop a flaming pyre, with a silver blade driven between each pair of ribs, if the rumours are to be believed.'

'And while I am always in favour of ridding the universe of heretics,' he continues casually, 'it does present us with a practical issue. Namely, that I do not understand how to make their ritual work. Mostly because it is the work of madmen, and would require an insane person to actually understand.'

'So, the question then is, do we know of any heretical madmen? I am sure this Throne-forsaken station is rife with them. Over.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 29, 2016, 11:58:10 PM
@Gankom:

You meet your man, a smith by trade, behind a rank of weapons.

"Not much too report on the crew he says. However a number of blades, crossbows and other silent weapons have gone missing"

Before you can reply to this startling info you hear Jace in your ear..."



@DS:

"Hold on..." Says an unfamiliar voice over you comms.

You wait a few minutes and you hear a knock on the door.

Upon opening it you are greeted by a burned scared hand.

"Petrus Lokheart" The man says "Missionary"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 31, 2016, 08:54:01 AM
Jace looks at the man standing in front of him, dumbfounded. Then he looks down at the extended hand, then back at the man's face again. 'I see,' he announces. 'Well, I have already paid tribute during my devotions this morning. Good day.' He then closes and locks the door again.

'Jace to Bane,' he speaks into his micro-bead. 'There is a man claiming to be a missionary standing in front of my door. I do not know how he got there, but I think I heard him speaking on the secure channel a moment ago. You may want to investigate whether he's just another stowaway, or if we have a more serious security leak. Over.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 31, 2016, 10:05:59 AM
@DS:

"Have no fear Jace, Desmond and I hired him" Hasarian says over the comms "I must admit that I did not expect him to jump to action so soon"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 31, 2016, 02:02:49 PM
'I see. Still, to have a new hire access the inner sections of the ship is... Troubling. Trust must be earned, after all, especially by the riff-raff that walks this station. Unless you and he have a favourable history, captain?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 31, 2016, 03:20:55 PM
Desmond snickers a bit. Enjoying the thought of Jace's horror as someone walks in on him unannounced and unknown. "Desmond to Jace, I'll make my way up there momentarily. If I'm no use helping with heretical madmen, at least I can mind the door for you."

He flicks on the miro bead and turns back to the smith. "Well that's rather worrying. At least it's nothing big, but still even silent weapons in the wrong hands makes me a bit nervous. Any more insight I should be aware of?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 02, 2016, 10:28:39 AM
'I shall have the amasec in the decanter to breathe, then,' Jace says to Desmond.

'However, captain, I trust you understand the sensitive nature of the documents in my library- some contain secrets meant only for the Navigator houses. Others are more dangerous still. Therefore I must decline access to anyone whoms history has not been thoroughly screened. Icarus,' he continues, while walking to his kitchen to fetch another bottle of amasec, 'would it be possible for you to pull the local authorites' files on this... ah... "Petrus Lokheart", was it?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 02, 2016, 02:22:45 PM
@Gankom:

"No sir, not much" the smith says "Save that people in the engine room are scared out of there wits. They say The Hands are after them. Ship board myth mongering if you ask me"


@DS:

Lokheart raises an amused eye brow and smiles lazily, showing several missing or battle damaged teeth.

He shrugs and simply leans up against the door frame of you quarters, not following you. Respecting your space. However he raises his voice so you may still hear him from your lofty kitchen

"I know a thing or two about madmen, Navigator. Seen 'em myself, many times"

He runs his right index finger along the burn scars of his left hand. You hear him give a heavy, theatrical sigh.

"However it seems that you are lacking in knowledge about the darkly insane. I wonder what other local Navigators would think it they knew? No doubt they would see it as a sign of weakness on your part, perhaps even grave incompetence?"

He snaps his fingers as though stumbling upon an ingenious idea

"But wait, it occurs to me that, I, am a Missionary, a priest of the God Emperor! What would the, well, what passes for authorities on Footfall, think about a Navigator, a group prone to mutation and even heretical tendencies, denying a Man of the Cloth in too his rooms? What could he be hiding, could he be a heretic?"

He suddenly starts laughing!

"Oh who am I kidding? No they are more likely to just murder me, then ransack your rooms for valuables and the oh so precious navigator lore! Tisk, tisk, that would not be good at all would it, what would your family think?"

He gasps

"They could disown you!" he says with a now mocking smile "How tragic!"

"Sad really" He states his lecture drawing to a close "If you get your attack dog to call those... people, then you would only have our good Captain standing in the way of a future rife with poverty and a vagabond life style"

His eyes shine

"You see Navigator? Calling the station's enforcers would be mutually assured destruction for us both"

He stands straight

"However, it would be very un-crew-mate-like of me to keep going with this line of thought or to go on arguing. So might I suggest a compromise?"     
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 02, 2016, 05:14:12 PM
Jace raises one eyebrow ever so slightly. The overly exited man-child before him bothered him much less than the fact that, apparently, his door was now unlocking and opening on its own accord. He'd have to have the enginseers look into the matter. He wondered if whatever was causing its machine-spirit to work against him was also the reason captain Hasarian's micro-bead had suddenly stopped working. Smiling inwardly, he considered that he had somehow managed to turn the machine spirits against him. If so, he was glad for it, for he had always disliked the things. Borderline heretical, this Omnissiah business, even if the Ecclesiarchy technically allowed it. Still, Jace took every time he earned the machine spirits' scorn as a sign that his actions were upsetting things which the God-Emperor only grudgingly condoned- a sign that his actions were, therefore, inherently good.

'No, you may not,' Jace said coolly. He returns to the living room and stands his ground directly in front of the uninvited man, looking straight into his eyes. His voice is cold, his demeanour calmer than ever- to many, a sign that very bad things were about to happen. His black eyes bored into the so-called missionaries', devoid of all emotion.

'I must confess that I have no talent for innuendo. I am a Navigator, and whether during navigation, conversation, or anything else really, I busy myself with seeing and revealing possible paths, not with obscuring them. So, despite the laughable vehemence of your quite honestly embarrassing attempt at making veiled threats, I will not retaliate in kind. Instead, allow me to do what I do best- look at possible paths, and distill from them the truth.'

'You may go to the authorities, if you wish. However I am highly skeptical of any scenario in which the Liege of Footfall, who seems to be more interested in bionics and prostitutes than ruling, and who hosts lavish parties for criminals, unsanctioned psykers and slavers, is sufficiently devout to send whatever guards he has against the ship of a respected Rogue Trader, one who very recently was a guest in his estate, on the word of a so-called missionary. Especially so considering the fact that he routinely leaves the governing of this station to the most powerful Rogue Trader captain present.' 

'You may, of course, try and contact another Rogue Trader rather than the Liege, hoping that in this insanely complex political system your choice proves to be more powerful than Hasarian and willing to go to war with him. I think you might have a few more hours before every Rogue Trader worth his salt will have left the station in search of this "dread pearl". Making captain Hasarian the most powerful by default, I might add. And if you do find a party willing to storm a Rogue Trader ship, I say they are quite welcome to try. I do not estimate their chances of entering the ship, much less the inner sanctum, to be very high. After all, anyone willing to be persuaded to do anything at the request of a lone "missionary" is more than likely not worth our time in the first place.'

'No, I expect that none of Footfall's "authorities" care at all about a self-proclaimed "missionary" complaining about someone refusing him access to documents that he, by all means, should know he is not supposed to have access to. I do expect them to care about a Navigator offering freely the secrets of his trade to any individual who's identity has not even been confirmed yet. Dangerous secrets he is sworn to safeguard, which would drive lesser men, such as yourself, insane.'

'And how do I know, at all, whether you are actually what you say you are? The possibility of you being a spy or saboteur, or worse yet, a cultist seeking forbidden knowledge, is, in my estimate, at least as likely. Especially considering both the vehemence of your reluctance to be screened, and your rather baffling stubbornness to access my library.'

'Now leave my chambers. Hasarian may trust you, for whatever reason, sufficiently to suffer you aboard his ship. But I need not suffer you here.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 02, 2016, 06:34:37 PM
"Wonderful. Just what he need right before a big endeavor into a warp storm laden expanse, problems in the engine room." Desmond mutters darkly, pulling on the end of his moustache.

"Keep your ear to the ground for me. Even if it is just a myth, it could be bad for morale. If stuff continues to go missing try and send me a message. Same with any more rumours about the Hands."

Desmond will slip a few thrones to the man for the information then start the long journey up to Jace's quarters. It gives him plenty of time to digest the information and make some plans. Both in regards to the courtesan spy training and now more mundane crew politics. Perhaps... perhaps at some point during the voyage it might be beneficial to arrange some kind of meeting with The Hand cultists. If their proper God-Emperor fearing men and women maybe some kind of arrangement or deal can be worked out with them. Something along the lines of not killing vital members of the crew in return for... well whatever such types want. Relics maybe. Of course if their not the proper God-Emperor fearing sort, well that will be a whole separate problem.

Oh well. For now Desmond just wants to get to Jace's small scale mansion and get some of that amasec. Some of the finest stuff on the ship, and if Desmond doesn't get there fast enough to help smooth things over with the missionary, Jace may be in no mood to share!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 03, 2016, 06:15:33 AM
@DS & Gankom:

Lokheart laughs again and simply raises his hands in placation and leaves.

Walking around the corner he waits for Desmond.

***


GM's Note: the following conversation is between Lokheart and Hasarian only. The reason I write it, is to give a bit of insight to Lokheart and Harahian's minds.

While he waits for Desmond, Hasarian chimes in over the micro bed.

"So... that went well..." Hasarian remarks

"It's about what I expected" Lakheart replies

"Ah I see. I must ask you Petrus, did you really mean to smooth things over with threats? Navigator Jace Seigmund is not the kind that that trick works on"

"Oh no. As a said I fully expected that to happen. I baited him and goaded him to see what kind of man he was" Lokheart says

"I see, how interesting, what do you think of him then?"

Lokheart mulls the question over

"A fool, My Lord. That's the first thing that comes to mind. I merely introduce myself and he losses his mind? That's a trait that will get him killed one day. Caution and distrust are one thing, but paranoia is another"

"You seem like a paranoid man yourself Petrus" Hasarian remarks

"I am. That's why I erased or burned most of my records and background information. 'Sides which, a smart paranoid person dose not reveal that hes paranoid by his actions. Unlike Jace."

"Ah so that explains why I can't find out much about you. Go on Petrus" Hasarian asks 

"Indeed. Another sign he is a fool. Pack-rats keep useful things, at least the smart ones do. However they also hide their treasures well. He might as well leave them out in the open! His own rooms!?! What a moron!"

"I think that's quite enough insults Petrus" Hasarian says   

"Of course Lord. The other thing I noticed, is that he may not ever come too an agreement with someone who he dislikes, nor even strike a mutually beneficial arrangement that would ensure both of us our survival. Also, hes not so great at politics. On any other world, ship, void station or village hall, I would have been seen as winning that argument "

"I am inclined to agree" Hasarian says "Anything else?"

"Other then the fact he just screams,
'slime ball of a sentient being' my Lord?"

"Yes" Hasarian sighs

"Well, hes is entirely untrustworthy and is only in it for himself?"

"We shall see" Hasarian remarks before cutting the link

***


@Gankom:

At last you turn a corner and see Lokheart waiting for you. He reaches in too his satchel and pulls forth a war ravaged data slate and makes too pass it too you.



 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 03, 2016, 04:18:54 PM
Desmond approaches the missionary and offers a wry grin, but he doesn't take the data slate just yet.

"I take it your initial meeting with our navigator didn't go quiet as well as the one with our good captain eh?" Desmond say's glancing at the firmly closed door.  "Like most navigator's he values his privacy. A great deal. I assume you think you've got something of value to offer him otherwise you wouldn't go bursting in like that. It may be best to avoid doing that in future. It could be a... poor way to make friends amongst the ships higher officers."

Desmond points at the data slate. "That barely looks like it will work, let alone be valuable. Care to tell me a bit about it?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 03, 2016, 06:20:28 PM
"Oh I got what I wanted out of our interaction" Lokheart says "I have no reason to bother myself talking to him again any time soon"

He glances at the data slate

"As for this, I rdecall you said there was a Death Cult yes? On board I also assume? If that is the case, contained upon this slate, is a list of all the various Death Cults and Death Cultists I have destroyed or killed in the past. It's a personal quest of mine that I take very seriously."

He pauses and looks over it flipping through the screen prompts

"There are over 1000 pages of notes and writings, I have made on various subjects. A generalization of any given Death Cult's small units tactics, though obviously these vary from Cult too Cult. A number of autopsies on victims and a number of augmented Cultists. A few weapons schematics, even a whole star ship"

He then holds the slate out again

"Perhaps it may help you Master Pyke"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 03, 2016, 07:03:55 PM
Desmond considers it for a moment before reaching a hand out to take the dataslate. "I guess we all need our hobbies after all. It's certainly convenient that you come forward with this I will admit. I'll be just as happy to admit that I appreciate the help. Please excuse the hesitation, someone in my position tends to get a bit distrustful about accepting random things from people."

Examining the dataslate, Desmond likewise flips through the first few pages. "I take it you'll assist in the death cult business we presently have then? I'm sure who are those who would prefer them off the ship, some no doubt would prefer them put out into the void more accurately, but it could be rather problematic for morale. Do you compromise with those cults that more closely follow the Imperial doctrine or are you against all of them as a matter of principle?"

Desmond does his best to appear cheerful and friendly, but he's careful to observe the man as well. It is rather convenient for the man to be such an expert as the same time as theres a spike in activity. He doubts Lokheart would be involved of course, but it pays to get a better feel for the man. Especially one who's gone ahead and antagonized certain officers before they even leave port.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 04, 2016, 07:53:05 AM
"I usually inform the local priests vabut such a cult. Sometimes a master of killing can be useful to the Inquisition" Lokheart says
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 04, 2016, 04:57:03 PM
"Excellent, I'll study this very thoroughly." Desmond responds hefting the dataslate. "I hope you'll pass on any additional information you might find out from the crew. If you need anything from the officers, just contact me and we'll get you sorted. Hopefully with a minimum of fuss. Now unless you have something else to add pleas excuse me."

He offers the missionary one last grin and motions towards the closed door. "There's a cranky navigator and a possibly long voyage to deal with."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 05, 2016, 12:00:27 PM
"Icarus recieving. I'm on my way to your position. As for that ritual... it stinks of heresy. I'm sure these navigators were offed for a good reason. We should not follow in their steps." On the way Bane looks for a couple of Armsmen to accompany him and checks his two bolt pistols, getting ready for a potential engagement.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 05, 2016, 01:55:22 PM
'I am inclined to agree,' Jace replies. 'I will see you both when you arrive, then.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 05, 2016, 06:45:01 PM
@Gankom:

"I understand" Lokheart says. With that that he nods and follows you. Stopping and waiting out side of Jace's quarters.

"I shall wait out here for you all Master Pyke."


@Everyone:

At last you all meet within Jace's quarters, save Lokheart of course who is standing guard outside.

"Well Let's get under way" Hasarian says

Jace after his spat with Lokheart, at last under stand what needs to be done.

This rather peculiar Ritual of Astro-Navigation, will involve all of you and will entail them entering a trance, guided by Jace, in order to decipher the coordinates of the planet they seek from amongst the tangled strands of memory planted in their minds by the Seven Witches. This may well prove a traumatic event, as the Jace well knows, but is essential none-the-less.

Jace asks you too follow and you leave his rooms with Petrus following behind. You all go up the the Navigator dome and Jace orders the rest of the Ship's Navigators to leave.

"Petrus, will you be so kind as to stand guard outside?" Hasarian asks

"Of course My Lord" Lokheart says

With that he bows his head and ducks  out. Sealing the door behind him.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 05, 2016, 11:04:27 PM
Desmond stows the dataslate away in a safe pouch. When the missionary is safely outside he'll nudge Jace and Icarus. "We should have a discussion a bit later about our new friend. Preferably in private. Not to mention a rather worrying event happening below decks."

Stretching his arms and tugging on the end of his moustache he'll then step back and let Jace lead them through the ritual. Desmond is a little uncomfortable at the thought of it. It was one thing to watch the witches do it themselves, but it's another to actually participate in warp shenanigans. However he's also fascinated at the thought of what will happen, as well what could be uncovered. What's a little traumatic events in the quest for profit.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 06, 2016, 08:09:42 AM
Icarus looks at him grimly and then nods. "Aye, we should. He's not who he claims to be. About those lower decks - what's going on?"

Bane is really uncomfortable with the whole ritual. Once again he asks himself if Lord Hassarian is perhaps becoming too... detached from the tenents of Imperial Creed in order to follow his growing ambition. First that "Missionary" and now induldgin in Warp-craft. None the less, Bane will follow his lead... for now. Mouthing a silent prayer to He Who Sits On Earth, Saint Drussius and Saint Dominica, he partakes in the ritual, praying for his soul and the souls of his comrades.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 06, 2016, 01:25:03 PM
'We indeed need to discuss those issues- later,' Jace whispers back. 'For now, we must focus on the task at hand. This will be no small feat.'

He approaches the center of the hexagonal chamber. There were only a handful of tiny blue lumen orbs, embedded in the metallic arches in each corner, which led up to the pointed ceiling. The dim light provided an eerie atmosphere, where shadows dominated the features of those within.

'I have studied the ritual,' Jace announced. 'While the renegade House Talgar, which developed the original ritual, was indeed heretical, I believe I have devised a way to circumvent its blasphemous elements. You see, the ritual requires the minds of others as anchor points, which is unusual but not in itself heretical. What made it heretical is that House Talgar used the minds of captive Xenos, and, under dire circumstances, of other entities of which you remain blissfully unaware, to anchor themselves.'

Jace pauses, allowing the gravity of his words to sink in. 'Fortunately,' he continues, 'it is perfectly possible to perform the ritual with human, non-psyker anchors. It seems House Talgar was also aware of this, but deliberately chose not to employ humans. Wish I could tell you why now, but alas- such knowledge could interfere with the ritual. Once it is over I shall gladly share it, if the ritual itself does not show it to you.'

The Navigator hesitates. 'Unfortunately, while the role of anchor is perfectly safe, it is far from pleasant. To your untrained minds, the experience might be traumatic- although by no means dangerous. Still, I thought that you should know, so that you might steel yourselves through prayer.'

Seeing that none of his companions made a move to object, Jace smiled. Then he walked over to the shoulder-high orrery in the center of the room, making several last-minute adjustments to the positions of several celestial bodies to take the passage of time into account. 'You may want to sit down for this,' he announced. 'Relaxing the body relaxes the mind.' Then he unwound the silk scarf tied around his forehead, revealing the large third eye above his brow. It slowly opened, taking in the orrery, seeing things hidden in spaces between spaces. Then he turned around, to face his companions.

'I need you to close your eyes, and breathe slowly and deeply,' he began. 'Let your thoughts drift through your minds, but do not hold on to them- let go, and see them drift away. You are but a spectator in your own minds.' Seeing that they complied, despite their obvious and understandable reluctance, Jace turned around again, to face the orrery. 'We will go on a journey, together,' he spoke softly. 'We will walk a path towards our destination. Along the path I will ask each of you, one by one, to remain in place, somewhere on our path. The rest of you will then follow me, until I tell the next person to remain in place. The last leg of this journey, I will walk alone.'

'You will be frightened. You will be lonely. Yet, you must not move from where I tell you to remain in place. This is what it means to be an anchor- I shall forge a path and leave you upon it as breadcrumbs- and when the path is complete, our minds will create a bridge between our current position, and our destination- the Dread Pearl.'

'As I said, there is no danger, but do not move from your positions, lest the ritual fails. Now, you know all you need to. Be brave. Close your eyes, and see through mine.'

With that, Jace closes his own two eyes, and opens the third wide, bathing the room in a bright yellow light before everything vanishes in a blinding flash...

Quote
You find yourself on a large, steel platform, well over a hundred feet in diameter. Most of the slab is covered in bronze plates, depicting the Imperial Aquila many times over. The platform is apparently suspended in vast nothingness- a nothingness filled only by yourselves, the platform, and a massive factory-fortress floating in the blackness. The ominous building is connected to the platform via a long bridge, consisting of a string of square bronze plates depicting the Aquila, much like the ones on the platform upon which you now stand.

'Captain, you must remain here!' Jace is clearly screaming at the top of his lungs, yet he is barely audible. Only now do you recognize the deafening storm raging around you, the harsh, freezing wind and the rain lashing your bodies. Or perhaps it only appeared when Jace spoke, as if this place protests against your presence and wishes to silence you. 'This platform represents the Holy Venture, the starting point of our journey. As you are its captain, you are tied more closely to it than any of us. The rest of us, we must go! Stay behind me, and stay close!'

You have little choice but to follow the Navigator, who makes his way to the bridge, treading slowly and carefully due to the heavy storm. The walk across the bridge seems to last forever, and in the darkness beyond the safety of the bridge, horrific shapes flit past- at times, seemingly growling at you. 'Pay them no heed, my friends,' Jace says- his voice suddenly clearly audible, even with the storm still raging. 'They are but your own fears given form- they cannot harm us while we remain on the God-Emperor's holy Aquila.' As if to underline his words, you can suddenly hear the metallic clanking of your own boots against the bronze plates, where the sign of the Aquila provides you with comfort.'

You then reach the entrance to the massive factory-fortress; an alcove hewn from dense, dark grey rock. The gate consists of two massive, dark oaken double doors, bedecked by writhing gold runes which hurt your eyes as you look upon them. 'Icarus,' Jace announces, 'you must remain here. While the platform where the captain remains represents the Holy Venture, this gate represents the less than literal gateway to the path which leads to the Dread Pearl. And as it is you who guards us in our reality, who better to guard the door to our path? Stay here- do not cross the gate, and do not cross the bridge. Remain on the Aquila, and all shall be well.'

He then turns to Desmond. 'Come now, Seneschal, through this factory which is the hell of my childhood. It represents the most dangerous aspect of our path- the journey itself. As you are the one who counts our inventory, our men, our lives, so too must it be you who now counts my nightmares.'

With that, Jace places his hands firmly against the double doors, and pushes. A long, dark hall reveals itself beyond. The walls and ceiling are covered by tubes, pipes, steam vents, painfully bright lights and blaring speakers producing nothing but gibberish. Yet the floor is bedecked by the comforting sight of the bronze plates, bearing the Imperial Aquila.

You follow Jace into the hall, and with each step the hall becomes more smothering. Vents of hot steam blow in your face, dark things with burning red eyes watch you from behind broken grids. Cut electrical wires dance wildly, angrily sending their sparks flying at you. Mechanized arms with mounted sawblades swing at you, each one stopping less than an inch from your face and neck. Through a filthy windows you see a room bathing in red light, where a screaming man's head is opened by foul machinery, and its contents replaced by wires and sparks. A menacing figure more machine than man observes you from behind that windows, inviting you to take the place of the lobotomized man. As you quickly move on in disgust, a stream of thick black liquid sprays on your chest, turning the fabric a filty grey. The heat becomes unbearable, as small rivets of molten steel now run down the walls and disappear into cracks in the floor, turning the plates of the walls and ceiling a bright red. To your horror, you see the bronze plates melting, the Aquilas losing their form. You realize that touching those metal surfaces, which now seem to close in on you, would melt the skin off your bones in an instant. Raising your hands you can already see blisters appearing on your palms and wrists, which pop open even as you stumble to your knees, suffocating on foul fumes, your vision fading, while mechanical arms appear from behind gaps in the walls- grasping for your flesh as you are too weak to defend yourself from being-

'Desmond!'

Suddenly you find yourself standing again, breathing clean air, your hands in healthy condition, and no mechanical arms or burning iron in sight. Before you Jace stands- his back still turned to you, but his posture clearly betraying pity and- perhaps- guilt?

'As I said, what you see here is but fear given form. Nightmares. You were never in danger. Unfortunately, this far along the path you needed to see my fear. The ritual requires it. And it needed real fear- hence I could not warn you before. No doubt this is why House Talgar used Xenos minds and daemons as anchors- whatever their fears were, they were more afraid of sharing them with their fellow men than of contacting the Enemies Without and Beyond.' He lets out a long sigh. 'I am sorry that you needed to see that- but need it you did. No matter. You have seen all this journey will confront you with. The journey- the tale- ends here.'

You then notice that the blackness before Jace is not the darkness of the tunnel, but another door. Jace pushes it open, revealing another alcove- similar to the one you left Bane in.  However here are the tools of writers and artists- a table with parchent and quill, a silver harp as tall as yourself, and a small wooden stage facing empty chairs.

Oppposite the heavy doors is another bridge, leading to a platform similar to the one where you began your journey. 'And here you must remain. You have counted my nightmares, Desmond, and so your task is done. Remain here in the alcove- as you tell us of the state of the ship, here you must take the role of the storyteller, who has seen the path and earned the right to spin a tale from his experiences.'

He then turns to the bridge. 'As for me? I must continue along the last stretch of the road. Alone- for a Navigator is always alone, always seperate from humanity, in order to serve humanity. That is the role I must fulfill- both here and in our reality. Remain here and rest Desmond, for as much as this place allows it. We shall see each other again soon.'

Jace steps on the bridge, and as he crosses it, a bright yellow light engulfs you, slowly fading into a dim, blue light...

'Open your eyes, my friends, as see the world as it is once more.' Following Jace's instructions, you slowly open your eyes, and are greeted by the dim blue light of a handful of lumen orbs...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 06, 2016, 02:29:57 PM
@DS:

At last you see it in you mind's eye. A foggy marble in space. You also know where it is.

@Everyone:

Before Jace can say anything however you hear a knock at the door.

"Petrus?" Hasarian says too loudly "Sorry..." He says sheepishly when you all wince

"Still returning to the real word" he says jokingly

The Door opens and you can't hep but notice that Lokheart has a worried look on his face.

"My Lord' he begins "I have just got word from one of the bridge's runners. It seems that Footfall's anti-ship guns ha..."

Suddenly the Ship rocks with cannon impacts!

You are all thrown to the floor, unprepared as you were for the surprise attach. The ship's hulls shutters due to the impact on it's shield and it's now blaring claxons pounds in your ears.

"... have gone active" Lokheart finishes as he rises to his feet.

"Too the Bridge!" Hasarian booms and he takes off, nearly bowling Lokheart over as he goes...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 06, 2016, 03:12:34 PM
Jace wearily gets back up, one hand on the wall. The battle between his vision of the Pearl and experiences in the World Beyond drove out his grip on reality, and the rude blast did not help at all. After a moment his head cleared. '... Interesting timing,' he mumbles to himself, hurriedly tying his scarf around his head again. Then he kneels down to offer Icarus a hand. 'Come on, on your feet. The ship is under attack, and your knowledge of tactics vastly eclipses any contribution I might make.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 06, 2016, 03:36:19 PM
Wincing in pain Desmond moves to follow the others. "If it isn't one thing, it's another. I bet one of our rivals is taking the sweet opportunity to get some punches in."

He winces again and rubs his head. "Emperor above Jace and you do this stuff often? My heads killing me."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 06, 2016, 04:06:57 PM
Despite the situation Jace manages a wry smile. 'I suppose that training since birth may make things less disconcerting. Try focusing on your breathing for a few minutes, that should help alleviate the headache.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 06, 2016, 08:08:50 PM
"I'm pretty sure there's one of the God-Emperor's own personal space marines trying to chainsword it's way out of my head." Desmond grumbles but he follows the navigators advice as they hurry to get to the bridge. Following the Captain's bounding steps.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 07, 2016, 09:20:21 AM
Bane takes the offered hand and then supports Jace in return. "Ollanius's Oath! My head pounds like an Earthshaker. I'm glad that it's over Jace. I've never been more terrified in my life" he admits shakily. A split second later Bane calls all Armsmen to battle stations as he follows Hassarian to the bridge, Bolt Pistols in hand. "Who could've been so bald and direct to attack us here? It dosen't make sense, they will not be able to keep their agenda hidden!" he roars above the dim of explosions to his captain.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 10, 2016, 06:38:36 PM
"None of my rivals would be dumb enough for this!" Hasarian bellows back

At last you reach the bridge of The Holy Venture.

Through the port windows you see that turrets blasting away.

"It's about time we left anyway" Hasarian booms "Pull away Master Ricker!"

He turns back and looks at you

"I assume none of you are opposes to a hasty exit?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 10, 2016, 06:43:18 PM
'The more lightyears put between us and this nest of filth, the happier I shall be for it,' Jace remarks. 'But why would Footfall's security attack us? Are we in violation of whatever passes as their laws? Unless... They want us to leave in a hurry. They might have something nasty lying in wait- is one of your enemies perhaps known to employ cloaking devices?'

Not waiting for an answer, Jace tears his scarf away hurriedly, closing his black eyes before opening the third. He then peers at the skies above, employing his Navigator's sight to see what might be hidden from human eyes.

[OoC: Void Watcher, checking to see what is hidden ahead of us.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 10, 2016, 07:41:13 PM
"Did we forget to pay a bar tab again?" Desmond complains trying to sound casual. He hurries over to an auspexs to try and get some more information on what's happening. He takes extra care in avoid looking in Jace's direction when he realises the navigators taking his scarf off. Somethings are way better left unseen.

"Should we attempt to hail them while fleeing Captain?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 12, 2016, 08:34:10 AM
"Ha, ha, fething ha, Desmond!" barks Bane, while scanning his surroundings with both pistols. "Whoever did this, must knew that we'd be caught by complete surprise. Master Hassarian, shouldn't we retaliate, at least in the localised manner? These guns will do us in big time, unless we do something about them!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 13, 2016, 08:17:20 PM
Hasarian sighs "Let's just go..."

Suddenly a hail comes over the comms!

"Think we should hear what they have too say?" Lokheart asks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 14, 2016, 08:51:18 AM
Hasarian sighs "Let's just go..."

Suddenly a hail comes over the comms!

"Think we should hear what they have too say?" Lokheart asks


"Bastards..." growls Icarus, but nods his head in agreement to Lokheart's proposal.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 14, 2016, 02:08:23 PM
Jace resists the temptation of asking who in Throne's name gave the new hire access to the bridge, instead peering into the darkness with his Navigator eye, scanning for what might be hidden from mundane sight.

[OoC: Still using Void Watcher ;). ]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 14, 2016, 04:35:21 PM
"Full speed ahead but still answer the hail I say Captain." Desmond responds as well. "LEast then we'll find out who's trying to take a hit on us."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 16, 2016, 11:22:32 PM
@Gankom:

You flip the comms on...

@Everyone:

Suddenly a harsh sandpaper like voice comes over you.

"Now I recall warning you that Footfall is dangerous Captain Hasarian..."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 19, 2016, 11:03:03 AM
"Who in all the seven hells..." mutters Bane, while trying to recognise the voice, coming from the speakers. Icarus also makes sure that the bridge is sufficiently defended and that a group of Armsmen is surrounding the captain's position at all times.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 19, 2016, 11:05:06 AM
'Clear skies ahead, it seems.' Jace carefully wraps the scarf around his head again, blinking his black eyes a few times to let them acclimatize to the harsh finality of realspace again. He listens to the coarse voice sounding over the comm, frowning. 'Anyone we should know? Perhaps an acquaintance of yours, captain?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 19, 2016, 03:34:30 PM
Desmond likewise tries to identify the voice.

"Permission to respond Captain?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 21, 2016, 06:08:26 AM
@Xath:

Per check- 92
You cannot identify the voice

@Gankom:

Per check- 61
You cannot identify the voice either

"You may respond Desmond" Hasarian says "but make it quick"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 21, 2016, 08:29:05 AM
Icarus glances at Hassarian with a tense look. "Do you know who's speaking my Lord?" he asks with a calm voice, tinged with an edge of fury. Bane dosen't like situations like this, he dosen't like being shot at by an unknown assailants who seem to know everything about him and his comrades.

This makes him angry. Really angry.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 21, 2016, 04:09:31 PM
"Don't wait for me Captain, we can get out of here and talk at the same time." Desmond replies to the Captain. He immediately flicks the controls to respond to the hail.

"Whoever you are you little blighter, you have made a great mistake indeed. By striking at Lord Hassarian you are striking at the Emperor himself! We are a duly appointed representative of his Majesties presence, and traitorous actions such as these will not be forgotten."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 24, 2016, 01:01:58 PM
@Everyone:

"Oh, I really don't think anybody cares about the gun crews of Footfall deciding too have a little fun target practice. Which is exactly why I spoke with you earlier, these thing happen here on footfall!"

The rough voice goes on

"Perhaps next time you will consider the Administratum Oeconomica's' offer of protection Captain Hasarian, in fact I would suggest that you don't come back until you do"

With that the link goes dead

"Seems like I was wrong" Hasarian remaks "The protection business isn't just alive an well on Footfall. It's thriving" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 24, 2016, 04:05:31 PM
"Throne damn them." Desmond swears thumping his fist against the console. "I was expecting those blighters to take a shot at us, in fact I was hoping to use it to our advantage. I wasn't expecting this scale."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on September 26, 2016, 05:59:12 PM
Jace raises an eyebrow. 'Who now?'  After thinking for a moment, he vaguely remembers something about a few men in a bar. 'The ones who disturbed us while we were being watched by the Eldar? I must admit, I paid them less heed than the Xenos. Did they ever actually state their intentions?'

Shrugging, Jace indicates he's done with the subject. 'Regardless, there is little use in trading barbs with these simpletons. Let us be off, before they damage the ship's paintjob too greatly. I would rather retreat from this pointless conflict, on this equally pointless station, rather than make any real enemies by firing upon Moross' turrets.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 02, 2016, 08:28:07 PM
"Agreed" Haasarian says "Everyone ready?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 03, 2016, 09:26:44 AM
"Those whoresons should pay for such affront!" Bane is barely able to contain his fury. "I suggest that we sent an astropathic message to the nearest body of law, informing them about this incident. This cannot go unpunished my liege" he adds with righteous anger in his voice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 03, 2016, 11:56:01 PM
"We'll get our vengeance in our own time." Desmond replies to Bane. "Beside's I'm sure you'd rather be able to take it out on them more... personally. For now we have this Dread Pearl to find before others do."

He snorts and starts doing whatever he can to speed the exit. "never liked Footfall that much anyway."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 04, 2016, 07:57:04 AM
Bane's fury seemes to diminish a bit. "Fair enough. You speak the truth of it Desmond, as always." Icarus nods towards his comrade. "But if I'll ever see even a single one of those Oeconomica bastards, I'll shoot first and ask questions never" he adds with a wet, animal growl.

[OOC: Bane organises the security detail to check if everything's ok on ship's decks and to quell any, possible panic related situations.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 08, 2016, 04:10:02 AM
"Right then" Hasarian says "let's get a move on"

You pull away from Footfall and in too the deep space around it. You are out of range, and the station seems little more than hand ball in you vision, but you are soon met with more dangers as, even though the anti-ship guns have stopped, you now see a ship being battered from seemingly nowhere.

"Desmond, would you kindly check for any cloaked hips?" Hasarian asks "I think that is Master Blitz' ship, being pounded in too oblivion"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 08, 2016, 05:12:41 AM
"Aye aye bossman." Desmond replies and moves over to start the scan.

"I don't know how often you can do your weird eye trick Jace." He adds, making swirling motions across his forehead in reference to Jace's extra eye. "But perhaps you'll be able to make more sense of this."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 08, 2016, 10:03:19 AM
A sheepish grin appears on Jace's lips, while he unwraps the scarf. 'That may very well be the first time anyone, other than an employer, has willingly asked me to employ the gift of my heritage.'

[OoC: Void Watcher again, please!]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 11, 2016, 07:23:39 AM
@DS:

Void Watcher- 28-Pass

You pin point the ship with your other-sight and it's location

Player prompt: Do you wish too tell the gunners or would you like too double check with Gankom/Desmond?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 17, 2016, 12:59:37 PM
@DS:

You sense that the ship is sleek with few or even no right angles of any sort. It cuts through space like a dagger or spear, like a thief in the night.

You can feel that the crew are most certainly not human.


Player prompt: Same as above.
***

@Xath:

After checking over the crew you find that few have any serious wounds. As for the Venture, only a section of Footfall's guns bombarded you so there is no lasting damage.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 17, 2016, 01:52:25 PM
Bane reports the status of the crew and the ship to Hassarian and then makes sure that all of the Armsmen are on high alert. Without disclosing any details about their mission, he warns them to be on the lookout for any possible boarders or infiltrators. After that he stalks off to find Jace and Desmond.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 17, 2016, 02:45:50 PM
"Captain, while we're waiting for Jace's psychedelic eye thingy why don't we open a communication to the Imperial ship?" Desmond say's using the scanner to try and identify said imperial ship. "Could be worth negotiating with them, and of course it would certainly help our hand to negotiate while their still having their... difficulty."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 17, 2016, 03:54:26 PM
Jace finally snaps out of his concentration, hurriedly wrapping the scarf around his head again. The bridge is filled with people, and there is always the threat of an accidental glance into his third eye. 'Right there,'  he murmurs, inputting the coordinates on a terminal.

'Whatever that ship holds, captain, it is not human. It is quite elegant- too elegant for Ork or Rak'Gol, by any means...'

[[OoC: Can I take a Forbidden Lore (Xenos) test to see what species the ship belongs to?]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 21, 2016, 05:34:27 PM
@DS:

FL roll- 14!- Pass

You are under the impression that it in an eldar ship but you won't be 100% sure till it uncloaks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 21, 2016, 06:54:40 PM
Desmond grunts when he hears Jace call out about the enemy ships elegance. "Well it might not be to elegant for long. I say we open a com to the Imperial ship and make sure they appreciate the help we could offer, then open up on the xeno craft with a good old fashioned broadside."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 21, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
Jace's face suddenly turns grim, when he finally recognizes the ship for what it is. '... Eldar.' He almost spits the word, as if the syllables themselves taste of spoiled milk and rotten eggs. Horrid memories of his past encounters with the vile Xenos flash before his eyes. 'Captain, their every heartbeat is an affront to the God-Emperor. I can advise but one course of action here. Turn their ship to ash.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 21, 2016, 08:25:00 PM
@ Gankom, DS and Xath once he arives:
a
"Huuuummm.... Yes I agree with both of you. Icarus did you kindly get some armsmen ready just in case and Desmond, would you please open a link too Master Blitz' Ship?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 21, 2016, 09:43:20 PM
Desmond scrambles to open the com link to the weakening Imperial ship.

(Does Desmond know the name of the other ship? I don't recall if we learned it earlier in the thread.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 24, 2016, 08:59:51 AM
"The Armsmen are ready M'Lord. If anything would happen, they'll be prepared, as will I" says Bane, readying his weapons. "What do you plan to say to Blitz?" he asks, rasping lightly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 26, 2016, 09:44:33 PM
"His ship is called the Ordained Destiny. As for what I will say, I was thinking about asking him about what his plans for the future are" Hasarian replies
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 27, 2016, 02:44:04 AM
"Sounds good to me bossman." Desmond replies and finishes flicking through the Com array.

"Hail Ordained Destiny!" He broadcasts. "This is the Holy Venture, captained by Lord Hasarian. Come in Ordained Destiny, do you read me?"

(Once upon a time I was trained in radio etiquette. Sad to say I don't remember a single part of it apparently.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 31, 2016, 07:58:51 AM
@Gankom:

A voice comes back over the comms

"Markus? Markus you getting your lads to talk for you now?"

Hasarian smiles and walks up the the comms console next to you.

"Aye, I have gotten rather lazy old friend!" Hasarian says "I see you are in a bit of trouble, need a hand?"

"I would but I know you Markus. You want something" Blitz returns

"Funny you should say that old boy" Hasarian replies "Tell me how to you see your future...?"

As Hasarian trails off in too negotiation mode you are left with several options...


Player prompt: You may start prep the bridge crew for possible action, ask Bane & Lokheart to ready the guncrews or assist Hasarian in negotiation with Blitz.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 31, 2016, 02:50:14 PM
Jace, recognizing Bane is the authority on strategy and Desmond the expert in negotiations, decides not to get in their way with either task. Instead he takes a seat at one of the consoles, and opens his mind to the Aethyr, keeping track of what remains hidden.

[[OoC: Jace will keep track of the enemy ship's movements in case it tries to flee, either with additional uses of the Void Watcher power or, if we're using the additional actions from the Navis Primer, he'll Scan the Aethyr with Psynisience tests]]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 01, 2016, 02:56:21 PM
Desmond will stay by the console to assist the Captain in his negotiations.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 02, 2016, 10:02:51 AM
Icarus will ready the boarding parties and make sure that they're prepped for immediate ship-to-ship action, if Hassarian will give the appropriate order.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 06, 2016, 09:42:52 PM
"Well I would like to too say that I see my future being without the cloaked wasp out there" Blitz says

"Indeed. I would hope that as well. Perhaps a trade then?" Hasarian replies

"Hummm... yes I agree. For your help I'll forfit a share of the spoils from the Pearl too you when I get there first" Blitz says

"Oh how thoughtful of you" Hasarian remarks "Desmond, what do you think?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 07, 2016, 02:13:54 AM
"Seems like we're letting him off very lightly captain." Desmond responds very theatrically. "If we let the xeno kill him we wouldn't have to worry about sharing with him at all. Of course as good Imperial citizens we should step in and assist, but frankly I believe your friend could... sweet the pot a little?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 08, 2016, 12:00:45 AM
@Gankom:

"Damn you Markus" Blitz says exasperatedly, you can imagine him running his hands down his face in frustration "Why do you always have to make things so hard"

You hear him sigh

"Fine. My Ship can turn that thing to slag in a few moments if you would just tell me where it is. So let's get this over with, I'll give you something better than riches"

"Oh and what's that?" Hasarian says in an amused voice

"I know the location of the Void Grifter"

"Deal" Hasarian says without warning or thought about your opinion

"Desmond, make sure Blitz live up too his end of the bargain" Hasarian commands softly so Blitz dose not overhear "Sorry about not..." Hasarian shakes his head "never mind. I'm sure you will have questions later"


@DS & Xath:

Hasarian whips around too look at you

"Petrus I want you prep the crew for battle with Icarus" Hasarian commands "And you two better get along" he adds with a growl

"Jace, keep you eye on that ship!"


@Everyone:

Hasarian quickly falls in too his command throne and starts barking orders of the bridge crew.

Your orders have been issued! Prepare for Battle!


EDIT: @ DS- Also, your Psy test failed, you rolled an 81
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 08, 2016, 10:58:28 PM
"Aye aye captain." Desmond reponds, pursing his lips and giving Hasarian a bit of a curious look. He glances at Bane and Jace before making his way back to a close monitor.

He'll work to monitor the other Imperial ship, leaving the Xeno ship to the others. At the first sign of anything suspicious he'll call out to the Captain.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 10, 2016, 10:50:02 AM
"As you command my lord" Icarus' tone could froze a blood of a Fenrisian, as he speaks his next words with a heavy rasp. "Come on if you're coming Petrus, we've got work to do". Without looking at the man, Bane leaves the bridge and goes to prepare the crew for battle.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on November 10, 2016, 04:12:10 PM
'The Xenos' movements are... difficult to follow.' Jace sighs, clearly frustrated. 'We should have taken the shot when we had the chance,' he mutters. 'Whatever this... "Void Grifter" is, let us hope it is more valuable than the deaths of these Eldar witches. I suggest we put negotiations behind us and focus on bringing down the enemy ship.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 13, 2016, 06:24:19 AM
@Everyone:

"Right" Hasarian says simply "Let's give them a headache! Master Ricker all in old friend!"

"Yes captain!" The ancient Void Master says

You feel the Holy Venture lurch under you as you go in too battle!


@Gankom & DS:

You both grab on too something as the Venture seemingly becomes over active. It's Trouble making machine spirit looking for danger.

@Xath:

Petrus simply follows you and begins to flip through pages in his tome, looking for inspirational scriptures for the crew no doubt.

"I suppose that the gun decks would be a good place too start Master Bane?" Petrus asks closing his tome and letting it hang by the book's chain over his shoulder "Or would you prefer to gather the arms men in the chapel? That would mean that we won't have time too go to the gun decks of course"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 14, 2016, 03:42:58 PM
Bane looks at the man coldy and thinks for a while. "Yes, perhaps we should..."

[OOC: Roll for which option would be tactically better.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 17, 2016, 04:02:43 AM
@Xath:

War roll- 97- Fail

TI Roll- 86- Fail

You dislike and distrust of Petrus is clouding your mind! Looks like you are going to have to wing it, or let Petrus decide.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 17, 2016, 09:27:17 AM
"Gun decks it is. Follow me!" without looking back, Bane heads towards the gun decks, swearing quietly under his nose. "Gun decks, report!" he growls into the vox. "This is Icarus Bane, coming to you know. Stand ready for full-on engagement of enemy forces".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 21, 2016, 08:26:12 PM
@Xath:

"Yes Sir!" the gun decks respond

@Everyone:

Meanwhile you all are getting a taste of what to come, when the Venture banks too the left sharply and you feel shields power up!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 21, 2016, 10:28:54 PM
"Well that feels exciting." Desmond calls to Jace happily while he monitors the various data banks and screens.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 23, 2016, 02:01:50 PM
As soon as Bane and his companion arrive at the gun decks, Icarus will request an optimal fire solution for enemy craft.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 30, 2016, 09:48:11 PM
@Xath:

Yourself and Petrus pound through the gun decks, barking orders and shouting uplifting words to the crew respectively.

You ask for a firing solution


Player prompt: You have two options. The first is that you inform Hasarian that you have a solution and wait for his orders to fire or just go ahead and fire yourself.

@Gamkom & DS:

Through the bridge port windows you can see the Eldar ship flicker in and out of sight like some sort of ghost.

Player prompt: You may try and identify what type of ship it is or... I don't know, just throw insults at it?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 01, 2016, 09:29:18 AM
Bane opens a channel to his Master and rasps heavily: "Captain Hassarian, we have an optimal firing solution. We can blow them out of the void on your command, just say the word". He looks at Petrus and growls: "we only fire of our Lord says that we should, understood?".

[OOC: I won't do anything without Hassarian's approval. ;) ]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 01, 2016, 04:15:40 PM
Desmond stares at the ship, a little bit of awe creeping into his voice. Forget about pants ruining terror, the thing looks amazing. "What is that thing? Are all Eldar ships like that?"

(OOC: I don't think Desmond would have much experience with Eldar stuff yet, so I'll leave it to Jace if he wants to try and ID it or do something else. Desmond will stick with the interested awe and scanning for any other issues that might arise.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 01, 2016, 06:34:16 PM
Jace's expression remains dark, his eyes fixed on the Xenos ship. 'I take it you have not seen their kind before? Pray, then, that it is your last. The cruelty of the Eldar is matched only by their arrogance, and both are hidden behind a form almost perfectly aping the human ideal- one more affront against the God-Emperor. They are treacherous, lying cretins, witches every last one of them, and if they all were to die an agonizing death this day, the galaxy would be a happier place for it.'

[Jace keeps using Void Watcher on the ship to track its movements, and will relay its coordinates to both the gun crew and whoever is responding on Blitz's ship.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 01, 2016, 08:57:51 PM
"I've heard of them yes, but never really seen them." Desmond responds, carefully noting the grimness Jace is displaying. "That ship just looks so... alien." He pauses before quickly remembering himself. "So obvious a blasphemy against humanity's greatness."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 06, 2016, 09:52:17 AM
Jace smirks, slightly amused at Desmond's "correction". 'I do not blame you for your fascination, Desmond- I once viewed the Eldar in much the same way. Then my erstwhile employer agreed to meet them on the surface of an uninhabited planet- his warrant sanctioned him to engage in the cold trade, you understand. Without provocation, they turned on us. Many friends died that day, and I was left to die in that Throne-forsaken place...'

Jace then wakes from his memories. 'So, a word of advise. The Eldar desire our deaths as much as the Ork or Kroot do- they are simply more subtle about it.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 07, 2016, 04:23:30 PM
@Xath:

Petrus simply nods and instead turns to converse and uplift the crew

@Everyone:

"Good" Hasarian remarks "fire whenever you are ready Icarus"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 08, 2016, 01:57:19 PM
Bane smiles under his rebreather. "As you command my captain" he snarls. "All batteries, for the Emperor and Lord Hasarian - open fire and blow those xeno bastards to hell!" he rasps loudly, while punching air with his right hand. "No survivors!" he adds, while looking coldly at Petrus.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 08, 2016, 06:14:40 PM
@xath:

"Yes My Lord!" the gun crews shout back

BS check #1: 43 fail

The Dorsal mounted Mars Pattern Macrocannons pepper the void around the ship!

BS check #2: 50 fail

Sunsear laser battery just misses the the craft!

@DS:

VW Check: 67 fail

With the ship fading in and out of sight and constantly jerking about you have trouble tracking it!

@Everyone:

"Blast it!" Hasarian shouts slamming his hand down on the arm of the command throne "Icarus I want these things firing again!"

He turns his head too you

"Jace keep doing what you are doing, Desmond take a seat at the fire control console, see if you can't get a better target with that thing, Ricker get us closer!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 08, 2016, 07:23:52 PM
Jace almost growls in frustration, his shoulders rising and falling in time with his accelerated breathing. Memories of friends lost haunt his mind, nightmares of years spent in the dark jungles where these horrid Xenos left him appear before his waking eye. These monsters had almost taken everything from him, and only the fickleness of fate allowed him to survive.

Well, Jace was not one to argue with fate- as a Navigator, he was intimately familiar with it. Peering into the Warp was the gift all of his kind shared- looking beyond that, at the strands of fate, was something even most Navigators could not, or would not. Only the nomadic lineages had learned to make the attempt- lineages like Jace's own. Even then, one did not play with fate lightly, but for the Eldar, the one thing Jace hated above all else, he would make an exception.

Leaning on the metal slab table before him, Jace slowly rose from his chair. The faint yellow light of his third eye changed in color and intensity, bathing the room in a deep blue light. Several of the crewmen who made the mistake of looking his way fell to the ground, twitching and drooling. Jace paid them no heed- his mind was focused on the threads of fate. The Eldar ship could hide in the Warp if it liked, but even that would not shelter it against his sight.

[OoC: I'm spending a Fate Point. According to the rules for a nomadic Navigator house,doing so that allows me to automatically succeed at a Navigator power- in this case Void Watcher, to pinpoint exactly where that Eldar ship is at. Doing so should also allow me to see whether the ship is bigger or smaller than the Holy Venture]

'Jace here,' the Navigator announces via his micro-bead through gritted teeth- though from strain or pure hatred, none could tell. He quickly taps the coordinates of the enemy ship into a terminal and sends them to everyone who has his hands on a trigger- Bane, the gun crew, Blitz, his gun crew. 'I cannot guarantee how long the enemy will remain in this position, and will probably not be able to say with such accuracy again. I suugest then, that you fire all weapons upon it now. These Xenos die today.'

As the light from his eye returns to normal, Jace slinks back into his chair. 'Captain, might I suggest we approach the enemy ship? It might increase the accuracy of our weapons, and perhaps it will open up an opportunity to either board or ram the enemy, if prudent.'

[Also, while I'm a bit late with this, can I still take a Forbidden Knowledge (Xenos) test to try and identify the ship's type?]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 08, 2016, 07:44:03 PM
@DS:

With your sight you can tell that the vessel is an Aconite Class Frigate. An small escort ship commonly used by pirates.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 08, 2016, 08:36:52 PM
Jace smiles menacingly. 'Yes. I recognize the ship now; its class is identical to one of the escorts of those Eldar who betrayed me. It is much like the Eldar themselves- fast and elegant, but frail. It can outrun us, but our armour is superior. I suggest we close with them, while it is not yet trying to run.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 09, 2016, 01:03:46 AM
"Aye aye Captain!" Desmond shouts as he rushes over to the targeting system. Throwing himself into the seat, he starts booting it up and targeting the filthy (but fascinating) xeno ship.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 10, 2016, 06:17:56 PM
@Gankom:

Tech Use test: 17 pass!

You are able to lock on to the target!/i]

@Everyone:

MPM test: 37 Fail
SSLB test: 27 pass

While your microcannons miss the Venturs Sunsear striks a direct hit of the Eldar craft!

You watch as the craft seems to falter a bit. Now faceing two foes the small craft has realized that it has bitten off more than it can chew. It turns and zipps off, streams of fire coming from Blitz's ship follow, the guns peppering the sapce around it.

"Well that's that I guess" Hasarian remarks

You all watch as he gets up from his throne and walks over to the bridge console.

"Still alive?" he asks Blitz

"Yes" comes the reply "thanks Markus. Here as I promised"

You here a faint buzz come from the console as the Venture receives the coordinates for the Void Grifter.

"Good luck" Hasarian  says

"May the best man win" Blitz returns

The link goes dead

"Well done everyone." Hasarian  says "Right then, Jace, you should get up to the Navigator's Dome. Take a rest, then help Master Ricker get us in too the warp"

"Petrus get too the chapel, Icarus get the armsmen ready for Warp Travel. Desmond you come with me. We need to talk as promised"

Hasarian claps his hands

"Alright let's gat moving we have a race too win!"

With that you all set about your work.

It dose not take long to get under way and you all settle in too the hum drum of preping for space travel. Checking supplies, ammo, weapons etc.


@Gankom:

You follow Hasarian to his quarters. Surprisingly unopulent, you notice that the walls are covered in furs of slain beasts, as well as old weapons and armour. Various display cases are filled with rare gems and the like.

"So you must be wondering what the Void Grifter is eh?" Hasarian asks as you both take a seat in the lounge area "Must have been ashok to hear me accept so fast"

He hands you a glass of wine.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 10, 2016, 07:03:35 PM
'Truthfully, I would have happily lended my aid for free- the death of the Eldar would have been reward enough. Pity they got away, but there is scant to be done about it, I suppose- to say the Eldar are fast is an understatement.'

Jace is silent for a moment, apparently lost in thought. The fact that the Eldar got away clearly weighs more heavily upon him than he lets on, which is saying something. Then he snaps out of it. 'But yes, since Eldar got away, please, tell us what this... consolation prize, this "Void Grifter", is.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 10, 2016, 07:30:03 PM
@Gankom  & DS (because Jace followed apparently *shrugs*):

Hasarian looks slightly put out that Jace did not follow his orders but he shrugs it off

"Do you want the long or the short of it?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 10, 2016, 07:45:02 PM
"If this thing was important enough to break off negotiations at its mere mention like it was, I'm assuming it must be pretty important to you." Desmond says as well, taking the wine. He's looking rather thoughtful himself. He's having some rather worrying thoughts about Eldar involvement and them attacking rogue traders like this. "I would prefer the long version, but considering we have a long voyage ahead I'll take the important bits now and you can fill us in more as we go."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 10, 2016, 07:53:25 PM
@Gankom & DS:

Hasarian nods

"My house is rather large see? So while I am the eldest, that dose not mean my siblings do not have pull their weight. I have... or had maybe, I dont know, two younger brothers, twins. Norris and Hanserik. The Void Grifter was their ship. They have been missing for at least two decades now"





Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 10, 2016, 08:05:03 PM
"Ah so this is a family matter." Desmond replies, sipping his wine. Meanwhile inside he's groaning Ah a family matter. Family matters, especially one's like this, can often get messy indeed.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 10, 2016, 08:24:45 PM
Hasarian pauses and nods

"You have heard of the Meitech wars yes? Well The Meritech Clans were an infamous rabble of Voidborn wanderers and scavengers, who came to reside in the border zone worlds of the Merates Cluster during the final years of the 40th Millennium. Initially content to forage for parts for their ramshackle fleets from ruined Space Hulks drifting into their territory, within a century they had embarked upon a lifestyle of piracy, and routinely attacked vessels passing between the Calixis and Ixaniad Sectors. In 211.M41 mere banditry gave way to the all-out conflict known as the Meritech Wars when Meritech raiders ambushed a trio of Battlefleet Calixis Sword-class frigates. Only one Sword-class vessel escaped. This is the conflict that mande my Great-grandfather and Grandfather their names and my family it's fortune"

Hasarian goes on

"See they had these things called Shrike-Class Raiders. Many of the deadly Raider vessels utilised by the Meritech clanfleet survived, sold to pirates and other rogues to ensure safe passage for the upper echelons of the Renegade clanlords. My Grand father was able to capture one."

Hasasrian takes a sip of wine

"The vessel was typical of the Meritech warships of the period, and indeed, helped form the main strength of its bandit squadrons. A lithe, incredibly advanced vessel, areal prize. However there was one catch. The Meritech Clans were hereteks, that utilised heretical technologies unknown to the Adeptus Mechanicus,  nobody on our holmeworld new how to run the damn thing. We needed to get that ship up and running though and that's where my brothers came in. Given it's bizarrely innovative heretech, my brothers, who were techo savants in their own right, were selected by my father to run the thing"

Hasarian drains his wine

"I fear the ship may have turned on them. If they are dead I may not be able... ahk it's a pain in the arse I know me dropping this on you but you asked so there it is"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 11, 2016, 12:18:51 AM
"Ah, so you want to find your brothers and reclaim the ship then?" Desmond says excitedly, thoughts of family messes driven out at the thought of never before seen tech. "Hoping to find them on the way to this pearl maybe?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 12, 2016, 02:57:04 PM
Bane, with Petrus in tow, checks the Armsmen and makes sure that they are ready for the jump. He gives them a few words of encouragement and assures them that the Emperor is always with them. He's making sure that Petrus is always nearby. After the full check, he voxes Hasarian and gives him an update on the state of the troops.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 12, 2016, 07:02:53 PM
@Gankom & DS:


Hasarian turns away from you

"Great work Icarus, meet us at the bridge."

He turns backk too you

"Right then, Jace help Wilhem get us out of here. Desmond, let's go"

You notice that Hasariams to have forgotten about Desmond's question.


@Everyone:

You all gather at the bridge and brace for a Warp jump!

Ag checks for Bane, Desmond & Petrus (I figure that Hasarian, Jace and Ricker will be sitting at their respective stations):

Bane: 43 fail!
Desmond: 57 fail!
Petrus:  56 fail!

Though the three of you brace you are all put off balance!

Your jump goes relatively smoothly, and you all settle in for the long haul.



@Gankom:

Petrus walks over

"Now that things ssem to be going smoothly, perhaps you would like to pick my brain about death cults?"



Player prompts: Note that you now have time to speak about events.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 12, 2016, 07:52:48 PM
Ricker snaps his fingers and one of the Servitors - familiar with the VoidMaster's whims - hurries over with his cane. Ricker refuses its offer of help and rises stiffly but easily from his acceleration couch. Leaning on the cane, he strides over towards Petrus. "Death cults - now I could tell you some stories! Most of them are just grown-up children playing games - rich kids experimenting. A spell in the Navy would have sorted them out, but . . . well, you can't expect discipline from the spoiled child of a Spire family. Heh . . ." His flinty eyes unfocus and it seems as if he is looking back over long years. "Necromunda. Now that's a pretty world in the spring, with the fungus-flowers. I remember this one girl, from a cadet family of the Helmwar. Must have been, oh, eighty years ago? I was a lieutenant then - young and foolish. We had such a spring . . ." He shakes himself. "Her father sent her to the Sororitas and I got a formal reprimand. She's probably a Canoness now and I'm here. Heh." He pulls himself back from his memories. "But I'm guessing you aren't going to tell us about wannabes, are you? You're talking about the real deal."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 12, 2016, 08:04:52 PM
"Indeed" Petrus says "Desmond was telling me you have one og board. I am hoping that I may be of assistance too him in tracking them down"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 12, 2016, 08:21:53 PM
"Tracking them down AND evaluating them." Desmond replies. "If they can be integrated safely and made use of, I want to know about it."

He clasps his hands behind his back and quickly looks over the bridge. "Indeed Petrus, we can have a chat now. It seems we have some time at least during the jump. Although I had hoped you might be able to actually make some kind of contact with them. First hand knowledge is always nice."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 12, 2016, 08:37:39 PM
"I understand. I just prefer being ready befor contact"

He shrugs

"Whats the deal with 'em? Who do they target, do you know how many they are?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 12:57:28 AM
"All good questions." Desmond agrees. "And frankly I'm hoping you'll be able to fill in more of the blank space for me. What I know is relatively little. They call themselves The Hand, and they've been on the ship for centuries likely. They seem to leave the officers alone, thank the throne, and instead target tech priests, servitors and generally people with bionics they can find around the lower decks or engine room."

Desmond also remembers his man in the armory telling him about the knives and crossbows going missing. At first he's not inclined to share that knowledge with the new priest, he'd rather speak with Bane about it first. Still, this is one of the reasons they hired Petrus in the first place.

"I don't know if it's connected with the cult," Desmond begins, speaking slowly. "But I've reason to believe some knives, crossbows and possibly other silent weapons are going missing from around the ship. As your looking into things for me keep an ear out for news about weapon stockpiling. I fully consider that a priority."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 13, 2016, 01:44:49 PM
"What?!" Bane speaks loudly. "When did you learn about this? This is serious Desmond. It's never a good sign, when a lot of weapons, even primitive ones, begin to dissapear. Have you never heard of mutiny?" Icarus is seething, as he voxes the highest ranking armsman and informs him about a possible group in the bottom levels of the ship, stockpiling weapons. "My Lord" he adresses Hasarian - "I ask for your permission to lead a couple of parties into the lower decks, to flush out those lurking scum" he proposes, while fingering the hilts of his weapons.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 01:50:04 PM
"Shortly before Jace's ritual." Desmond replies smoothly to Bane. "As you can imagine, before I could inform you we found ourselves have a rather psychedelic trip. Then a battle, and well the time gets away from you."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 13, 2016, 02:19:26 PM
Ricker steps forward and steps between the two antagonists. "Don't be so eager to descend into the bowels of these ships, Bane," he cautions. "I've been from the foot of the Throne to the lashes of the Eye and back, and I'd want more than 'a couple of parties' if I went to 'tween decks to 'flush out' a death cult. You might find yourself getting 'flushed out' . . . of an airlock, without an envirosuit. And it probably would have been as well for you to have reported this earlier, Desmond," he continues. "A knife's as good as a titan if it hits you in the heart." He turns to Hasarian. "Regardless, Sir - I tend to support Bane's suggestion. But I would want well-armed parties, and plenty of them, with good communications to the bridge. With an entrenched cult who've been part of the ship for centuries, this isn't a police action - this is an invasion of hostile territory. Guerilla attacks, improvised explosives, treachery and terrorism . . ." Something like joy crackles in his eyes. "Just like old times."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 13, 2016, 02:59:30 PM
Jace sighs, shaking his head. 'Deviants who hate machines, murdering deviants who love machines,' he mutters. 'Honestly, the things lower personnel get worked up about.'

'I agree with void-master Ricker, at least concerning the part where he said that taking armed men and sending them against a threat we cannot know the extent of, is perhaps a bit reckless. I don't suppose there is a simpler solution available than starting a civil war in the ship's bowels? If the Hand's activities have remained sufficiently isolated, then perhaps it would be worth considering simply identifying the portions of the ship where this cult has been active, and deactivating life support there for a spell? Or perhaps flooding them with gases? The collateral damage among the crew might outweigh the risk to our armed men.'

'Of course,' he adds, 'the most prudent course of action would be to learn more, first. We could send in spies to infiltrate this cult, and have them report back about its extent and ultimate goal.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 03:03:29 PM
"With respect Captain, I'd rather not move against them so quickly." Desmond responds with a sigh. "We know very little about them, and as I said we might be able to integrate them into the ships functions. It could be useful to have such fanatics on our side, not to mention then we'd have at least some idea of their power and where they are. I'd rather that then have ourselves in a guerilla war running from deck to deck against an enemy that looks like our own people."

Desmond flicks a finger towards the cold depths of space. "I hope we've not forgotten we're on a bit of a time sensitive mission as well. Fighting a war while also racing our rivals could prove lethal for us. I'll follow the Captain's orders, but I ask for at least a little time to look into this matter properly."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 13, 2016, 03:05:02 PM
"This sounds like your usual day in the Guard then!" replies Bane with a relish in his voice. "It was a long time, since I've marched in front of a unit of men, my trusty Lasgun in front of me, pointed towards the unwashed mass of heathens and xenos, who would dare to challenge the will of He who sits on Terra" adds Icarus with a glint in his eye. "If those "ladies" are as tough as you say Ricker, then we just need two things: more men and more guns". Bane turns towards Hasarian. "My Lord" he rasps, "I would ask you for permission to utilise our heaviest armaments in this noblest of tasks - the expunging of Emperor's foes" he finishes with a gleam of zeal in his hodded eyes.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 13, 2016, 03:13:24 PM
"I would have too agree with all of you" Hasarian remarks "However we might as well be carful about it, no point in getting killed uselessly and with no intel to boot"

He cups his great bearded chin in his right hand as he thinks.

He sighs

"Desmond, I hate saying this but you are going to have to down there. Petrus will be with you of course. Icarus, while I would much rather have you up here, coordinating the armsmen, I know how pissy you would be not being in the thick of it. So select some good armsmen and go with them, no more than 5 though. Ricker, would you be so kind as to send some of your bodyguard servitors? Perhaps 10?"

Hasarian looks over all of you

"Remember this is recon only, only start shooting in the life of a crew mate is in danger"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 03:41:43 PM
"Wonderful captain, I'll get it done." Desmond says. "Perhaps we can offer them some servitors as a good will sacrifice?" He adds a bit sarcastically, letting some of his annoyance show.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 13, 2016, 03:58:48 PM
'I must voice my concerns about sending servitors along,' Jace remarks. 'If the goal is recon, then best not draw unnecessary attention by bringing along that which the Hand hates and hunts. I suggest only sending only fully organic personnel.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 13, 2016, 04:12:56 PM
"I'm inclined to agree," says Ricker. "The presence of armed servitors might incite violence . . . and perhaps we can use that to our advantage. Here is my recommendation. We send down a couple of maintenance servitors to, oh, paint a bulkhead or whatever - right in the middle of the Hand's operational area. We get surveillance on them - spycams but also our people. Let's see how they operate, how they fight, what they do." He pauses and seems to think. "I might have another suggestion, too - Desmond; does the Hand's territory include a cargo bay that can receive a shuttle?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 04:38:15 PM
"I wish I knew." Desmond replies honestly. "So far I only know that they seem to hunt around the engine room and reactor. Setting up a sting, or an ambush, is a good tactic though. Although still, we don't even know if their hostile yet. Not to mention they've been on this ship for centuries but haven't been a problem before. Jokes about sacrifices aside, I agree wit Jace. Let's leave the servitors. Petrus and I can try and meet with this cult. Perhaps negotiate a more formal arrangement. Bane can come along to keep us from getting all murdered. Afterwards we'll have a bit more information and can choose how we want to follow up."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 13, 2016, 04:47:41 PM
Ricker leans in. "They're around the fething reactor?" he asks, aghast. "Desmond, I don't care if they've sent us care packages every Sanguinalia for the last millennium - we can't have a potentially subversive cult with weapons in such a key area of the ship. And I absolutely don't want to start a gunfight in the engine room," he adds firmly with a iron glance at Bane. "One stray lasgun shot and we're all singing with Saint Katherine, you get me?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 04:58:46 PM
"What about grenades?" Desmond say's, patting away at his pockets theatrically. "Grenades make everything better right? The bigger problem is finding out where they live. Just because their hunting servitors around there, doesn't mean they live there. I would think that's a priority to find out."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 13, 2016, 06:16:51 PM
"The traditional weapons for space board combat are shotguns and stub pistols, in case you didin't know" Hasarian remarks still lost in thought "At least thats what my old man used to say"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 13, 2016, 06:24:11 PM
Ricker smiles. "I am an old man, and I agree - but only a fool starts a firefight in the reactor. I think that is just one more reason, in addition to possibly being able to bring them fully into the Imperial fold, to start with diplomacy. With your permission, Sir, I'm going to start pooling intelligence assets in those areas. Bane, I'll have the tactical androsynths ready to go - but diplomacy first." He does not wait for permission, but moves to one of the rear pulpits of the bridge and starts his work.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 13, 2016, 06:38:53 PM
"Excellent, we are agreed then." Desmond responds happily. "Petrus do you need to get anything or are you ready? I believe I am as prepared as I'll get."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 13, 2016, 11:07:35 PM
@Gankom:

The battle scard missionary nods, patting the flamer he habitually lugs around.

"Aye, death cults tend to be hard too find though and when you do they are hard to spot individually. I am going to have to go with Maser Ricker's plan. Let's send out a few maintenance servitors first"

Petrus turn and marches to the bridge exit "let's go" he says.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 14, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
Jace sighs, turning his attention to Desmond and Icarus. 'Well, if you insist on dealing with this tedious matter yourselves, I wish you well. Unfortunately I myself must attend to the matter of steering this ship safely through the Warp. Do contact me if you require my assistance- I will be available on call.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 14, 2016, 01:09:52 PM
"I will select my men accordingly my lord. However I would ask your permission to bring a couple of flamers and to requisition additional stun and halucinogenic grenades" speaks Bane, clearly dissapointed that there won't be an all out assault. "I don't think that there will be a possibility for a "peaceful" talk with fanatics like that". Bane clears his clogged throat and continues. "As for the servitors, I would leave 5 behind, armed with heavy weaponry and send the other 5 forward, to scout the terrain a bit. To map the terrain and know what we're getting into" he finishes with a growl of anticipation of approaching bloodshed.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 14, 2016, 02:19:29 PM
Ricker leans back in his chair, using the move as an opportunity to admire the way the legs of the Adjunct Tacticana next to him stretch the uniform trousers in all the right places. "Just don't flame the coolant lines, Bane," he drawls. He lifts his cane and hefts it like a club, as if he were going to brain someone with it. "Take some hand-to-hand weapons if you want to get down and dirty." Next to him Lieutenant Bechensal kinks her blue eyes coquettishly and he taps her playfully on the tush with the head of his cane. You hear one of the junior subordinate steersmen mutter something that sounds awfully like "... old enough to be her grandfather ..."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 02:23:54 PM
"I would have to agree Wilhelm" Hasarian says "If you are going to fight Icarus, it should be close up. Also the noise of the lower decks should drown out the sounds of close combat"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 14, 2016, 02:50:15 PM
"But my Lord, getting close with those harlots is not advised from a tactical point of view. We should engage from range. The sound could dampen our shots. If we would also equip mufflers, we could take them out without them even knowing that we are there" protests Bane. "We don't know how many of them are there in the darkness belowe. We don't know how good they are in CQC. We don't know their full capabilities. Engaging them at range is the optimal sollution. Going up close is a potential suicide and the wasting of lives, that belong to the Master of Mankind" he states, while looking furiously at Ricker. "I'm not saying that we should not take a chainsword or too, but mark my words - shooting them would be much more optimal than trying to get close and personal with them" Icarus finishes with a tone of genuine irritation in his voice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 02:55:10 PM
Hasarian sighs heavly "I understand that Icarus, I am well versed in combat too you know. If you feel so strongly about it then go and pick up from shotguns from the armory" Hasarian says
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 14, 2016, 02:58:33 PM
Ricker stands, accepting help from Bechensal. "The optimal solution is no combat at all," he reminds. "Our lives belong to the Master of Mankind . . . and so too can those of those harlots" he adds with a grin. "You put holes in this ship, Icarus, and you've flown ALL of us too close to the sun. If you have to fight, then fight - but do so judiciously. As Hasarian says, shotguns are your friend." His eyes slide over the young lieutenant by his side. "I always preferred double-barreled and a big caliber."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 03:03:40 PM
"Shotguns certainly have a nice ring to it, although I also like Bane's suggestion of stun grenades if we can find some quickly." Desmond adds to the conversation. "I wouldn't mind getting some of both for myself. I'm still pushing to do diplomacy first, but it's always nice to be prepared for a back up."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 03:04:06 PM
"Agreed" Hasarian says "No heavy fire power, no punching holes in the engineering room. That's final. Also, Wilhem, if Icarus screws up and we are still alive, do what you like with him."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 14, 2016, 03:05:30 PM
"We will pick a couple of scatter guns then" Icarus grins under his mask, as he feels that he made his point. "I will meet my chosen men in the armory and brief them about the whole situation" he adds with a low growl. "What about those servitors? A few extra hands, even artifical ones, can be very... handy down there, if you excuse the pun" smirks Bane, as he's heading towards the door of the bridge.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 03:16:36 PM
"I'll come with you and get equipped myself." Desmond say's, hurrying to catch up with Bane. "Although I'd still prefer to keep the servitors separate from our main party. Either hanging back or scouting well ahead. We are trying to meet with a group that seems to hunt them."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 03:16:51 PM
"You will have two bodyguard servitors for close pertection. Just keep them disguised. You will also have to maintenance servitors for bait, keep them out in the open" Hasarian says

"We set then?" Petrus asks "Time is short"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 14, 2016, 03:36:01 PM
"Roger that. We'll keep the vat-grown close to us. I trust that Desmond will be successful in his "negotiations", much good they will do us" Bane snarls loudly, as he leaves the bridge, while voxing his men to meet him near the armory.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 03:37:33 PM
Desmond just nods happily and follows Bane to the armory.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 03:50:47 PM
@Gankom & Xath:

Petrus nods and follows

@Gankom:

You reach the Armory and meet with your armsmen and servitors. As you start to dish out shot shells, you notice the rack were the missing weapons once were. Now would be a good time to go over what was stolen.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 03:52:52 PM
Desmond will quickly move to do an inventory of what exactly is missing.

"Bane, I'm just going to do a check to see what all's been taken. Get everyone kitted out, I shouldn't be to long." Then he takes out his dataslate and gets to work.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 14, 2016, 04:30:28 PM
"Acknowledged Desmond" replies Bane, as he adresses his squad. "All right men, listen up!" he barks. "We are going down to the engine level. There are rumors of a Death Cult operating there. We need to assess the situation and act accordingly. If they can be reasoned with, we'll bring them into Emperor's light. If they'll turn out to be hostile - we terminate them with extreme prejudice" Bane speaks coldy and without any hint of hesitation. "Desmond here says that it can be done, communicating with them I mean. I trust him. He's a good man and a noble servant of the Throne" Icarus nods towards Demond. "However be advised - this can very well turn into a full-on engagement in the bowels of our ship. Since we're going downstairs, so to speak, and there are plenty of precious things down there, we need to look out for everything and I do mean everything!" he adds with a loud rasp, while looking everyone in the eye. "Watch where you're shooting because one stray bullet and it's game-frakking-over for the whole lot of us."

Icarus stands in front of each of his men and makes sure that their gear is preped and that they understand his words. "I want clear lines of fire! I want each of you to cover one another! I don't want stupid heroics because that's what gets men killed on the field, for no Emperor-damned reason!" he states loudly. "Those two vat-grown will stay with us, under the robes. They are armed but we'll only use them as a last resort" Bane points towards the two cybernetic slaves. "Now those two" he says, pointing to the other pair "will act as a bait."

Icarus places his hand on the shoulder of a thin, tall Armsman and adresses the rest of the squad: "Zuriel will be my second in command during this operation. He proved his worth and loyalty time and time again and I trust him with my life. I expect that all of you will treat him, as you treat me. Is that clear?" he finishes, while looking expectantly at the rest of his men.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 14, 2016, 04:39:23 PM
Several levels above, Ricker smiles as he watches the grainy video and hears the tinny voices from the picskulls in the armory. "I'm thinking Bane needs to listen to himself," he remarks to the Adjunct Tacticana. "If anyone's going to be being stupidly heroic, it's likely to be him."

"Wish you were down there, Will?" Bechensal asks. Ricker shakes his head.

"Combat's a young man's game, Katie. Although I could tell you some stories . . ."

"Tonight," she promises. "Afterwards," she adds meaningfully.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 05:17:15 PM
@Gamkom:

Per check- 23 pass!
Intel check - 3 pass!

You recall that the missing weapons were tagged. You look over the numbers and find the now empty weapon racks with corresponding numbers. You notice that the missing weapons all come from a stock pile of weapons you received as a gift from the king of a feudal world you visited last year with Ricker and Hasarian.

You go though the missing items:

Three hand bows, five flintlock pistols, two full sized crossbows, a dozen bolas, 7 knives, a sword stick cane and a falchion like Bane's.

You note two things: One, that the ranged weapons are powerful enough too kill, but not so powerful that they could cause damage and two, that besides the two crossbows and the falchion, all the weapons can be concealed.





Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 05:25:45 PM
@DK:

"Now, now, Wilhelm, no flirting on the bridge. What if was Icarus up here, you'd make him jealous!" Hasarian says absentmindedly. You notice that he is deep in a game of Regicide.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 05:41:53 PM
"I'm touched, I really am." Desmond mutters to himself when he hears Bane giving his speech. yet he's quickly distracted as he starts to compile the list of what's missing. "Hmm, all from the same source no less..."

Once he's finished to walks over to Bane and shows him the list. "Here's what's missing. For the most part all concealable, all from this same source and also all fairly primitive. Strange isn't it? If you were stealing weapons wouldn't you go for a different selection? Even if you needed concealable there are other choices. Certainly seems very ritual to me."

Desmond quickly grabs himself a shotgun and some stun grenades if he can find them. "Petrus!" he shouts as he gathers the weapons, "Have a look at this list. Tell me if anything jumps out at you about it."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 14, 2016, 06:15:08 PM
Zuriel, who had been standing in line with the rest of the squad, takes position next to Icarus after he's done with his speech. With a raspy yet loud voice, he addresses the crew.

'Alright lads, you heard the boss! Don't shoot until he tells you to, and keep your aim steady, or latrine duty'll be the least of your worries! Keep your wits about you- killing these deviants is a glorious thing, but it's not worth blowing up the ship over!'

He then turns to Bane, smiling. 'Honour to serve under you again, sir. But, ah, permission to speak freely, sir?' He hesitates a moment, weighing the words in his mind, then continues. 'While I love the shotguns as much as the next person- I mean, boom, and one less problem in the world, what's not to love- don't you think that we might want to bring something a little bit less scatter-prone? Wouldn't want a stray shot hitting something it shouldn't be hitting, right?' He weighs the weapon in his hands. 'Don't get me wrong, the men are good shots and all, but with these little beauties, you could hit one of them sickos spot on, and you'd still need to worry 'bout an errand pellet hitting a critical section of the ship.'

'Now if it were up to me, I'd favour an autogun over a shotgun under these circumstances- no spray, and these boys know how to handle 'em just as well as they do a shotgun. Single fire only, of course. Maybe even a hunting rifle or two, give 'em to someone in the back. Small clip size and the range is not really important in these confined spaces, but they're accurate enough to shoot the knees off a heretic at 150 meters.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 14, 2016, 06:31:02 PM
@Gankom:

"Interesting" Petrus remarks "could they be so adverse to the modern galaxy that they have reverted to a pre-industrial culture? no that can't be it. otherwise they would have destroyed the ship by now. A symbolic meaning perhaps? "
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 14, 2016, 07:17:57 PM
"Yes I had a similar thought." Desmond say's looking at the dataslate.

(Can I do a knowledge check on the feudal planet we acquired the stuff from? To see if it was particularly special in anyway.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 15, 2016, 09:06:22 AM
Bane looks at the list with a frown under his respirator. "Seems to me that this... cult" he spats the words, as if it were a poison "likes to do things the old style way." He frowns some more. "I would certainly take something like a compact autopistol or a hand flamer, or even a web gun, this dosen't make any sense..." he mutters frustrated.

Later he adresses Zuriel. "Good thinking boy, diversity won't be bad in this situation" says Icarus, and then grabs two autoguns, handing one to Zuriel and the other to another member of the strike team, while growling to him "single fire only".

Fonally Bane makes his way to Desmond and Petrus: "After a deeper thought, it might be for assassination purposes - the theft of these weapons I mean." He looks at them expectantly. "What do you boys reckon?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 15, 2016, 12:24:33 PM
Zuriel grins wolfishly as he fondles the new rifle. 'Remember boys,' he says turning to his squadmates, 'we have zero room for mistakes down there, so only fire if you have a clear shot. You and me,' he continues, indicating the member of the squad who also received an autogun, 'we focus on taking out any threat from range. The rest of you lot, unless told otherwise, only shoot if you can feel the enemy's breath on you. Just be sure to take down any hostile who comes within spitting distance.' 

'And remember, if all them sickos are packing is a couple of antiques, they'll be hard pressed to scratch the paint on our armour. That gives you some time before they can land a good shot, so use that time to take proper aim.' He then looks over his shoulder at Bane and the others. 'Looks like the higher-ups are still holding a committee, so do another weapon's check. I don't want any surprises down there.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 15, 2016, 12:31:17 PM
There was a crackle of static from above and the glass lenses of one of the picskulls lit up with a greasy gleam. The mouth clacked open out of sync with Ricker's voice. "If your commander feels you are ready, there is no reason for further delay. Mister Bane, the word is given. Start your parade."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 15, 2016, 03:29:01 PM
"I would be inclined to think that as well master Bane" Petrus says "Perhaps the theft of such weapons is just as much pragmatic as it is symbolic? I can only imagine that they prefer to be right next too their enemies"

Upon hearing the green light, Petrus stops talking and draws his chainsword

"Ready Desmond?" He asks.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 15, 2016, 03:38:26 PM
"Righty oh." Desmond replies, finishing loading his shotgun. "Let's get going."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 15, 2016, 04:14:50 PM
Up on the bridge, Ricker holds down the mute switch and turns to the Navigator. "Bottle of amasec says they get into a pointless firefight within thirty seconds of meeting a member of the Hand," he opines. "You wanna take the bet, Jace?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 15, 2016, 04:38:40 PM
'Eradicating a gathering of deluded heretics is never pointless, so I shall happily take that bet, voidmaster,' Jace grins. 'Besides, I am confident that Desmond, at least, will attempt to initiate a conversation. Which, I fear, shall be the pointless part of this exercise. Not that I lack faith in his abilities, mind you- but these cultist types never respond well to things like reason, or logic, or common sense.'

'Best to have followed my initial suggestion- simply deactive the life support systems for a spell. We are operating well above skeleton crew levels, after all.'

*****

'Right then,' Zuriel says, a grin of anticipation on his lips. 'Squad, move out.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 15, 2016, 05:10:34 PM
The head out. Bane at the front, Desmod & Zuriel in the center and Pertus at the rear. Two Armsmen flank the formation at either side.All the servitors remain disguised and follow behind Petrus.

You reach the lift, step aboard, and descend.

After a few minutes, the lift doors open, and you are greeted by the smell of the lower decks. Musk, rust and dampness assault your sense of smell.

Stepping off you notice that it's much dimmer down here than it is on the upper decks. The decking, creaks under foot. You can't help but feel cramped down here too. The few off duty crew you see give you a wide birth as you march.

The winding and sharp corridors take you deeper, past the crew quarters and mess hall down in too the deep passages that lead too Engineering & Maintenance. It is now nearly pitch black, only a faint dimness remains, the luminators on the walls are barely alive, no reason too keep them running, the Enginseers don't need them.

At last you reach Engineering.

You open the door and step inside.

A dozen heads swivel to meet you. You can see the green lenses of various augmetic eyes glint at you before turning away and going back too work.

However one Enginseer shuffles forward. You can just see him in the gloom, barely.

"Greetings Chief Armsman" Intones the Enginseer with his synthetic voice, calling Bane by his official title "And too you as well Seneschal. How may I help you?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 15, 2016, 06:38:05 PM
Zuriel looks about his, not at all interested in the Omnissiah's priest. He had lived his whole life aboard the Holy Venture- he did not share the planetborn's uneasiness around them. Rather, he kept an eye on his surroundings. This might be a diplomatic mission in principle, but when his opponent opened negotiations with an ambush, then he would have his counter-argument ready.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 15, 2016, 06:44:20 PM
"Greetings Enginseer. " Desmond replies politely. "We are investigating a matter important to the good running of the ship and our current information leads us here. Have you noticed any disappearances amongst the adepts or the servitors? Any other strange happening? "

Desmond stays polite and formal but also on guard. It's doubtful this cult would do anything here, but they might have agents or sources present.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 15, 2016, 07:45:43 PM
Apparently the Enginseer's augmetic eyes have a blink feature, as you see him do just that in surprise. The clicking sound catches you off guard, as the "lids", shutters really, close and open.

"I did not think anyone above deck noticed" he says "Yes, the Hand have been very active of late. Mostly servitors and the occasional Rating. However Enginseer Lek went missing this morning"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 15, 2016, 09:36:20 PM
"What all do you know about this Hand cult?" Desmond says urgently, glancing at his companion. "Any knowledge may be of use. We were concerned enough with servitors, but to hear they've moved up to an Enginseer is worrying indeed."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 15, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
"I am afraid I know little about them on an ideological level" the enginseer says "However when we have rocovered the remains of the servitors that were destroyed, they have clearly had thier augmetics removed. All of them"

He pauses

"We have recoved a number of lost parts from these servitors if you would like to see them"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 16, 2016, 03:29:44 PM
"Yes we would" growls Bane and then turns around towards Desmond and Zuriel. "Maybe we'll be able to determine how they died and why do they need those augmetics. Perhaps there is something going on deeper, than we have previously expected" he adds with a growl. "Zuriel - have your men cover all the angles at all times, especially when we make stops and having chats. I don't want a surprise crossbow bolt flying towards us from the shadows" Icarus instructs his subordinate.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 16, 2016, 04:06:22 PM
"Agreed, lets see what's been left behind." Desmond nods. "Perhaps this is a fanatics purity of form thing, and they don't like anything that changes the human body?"

He looks back at the Enginseer. "Where was your fellow enginseer taken from?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 16, 2016, 09:10:10 PM
The enginseer leads you over to an even darker room. Once within , the enginseer hands you a number of laminators. With a start you notice that many of the parts are burned byond recognition. Some are even fused together.

"Looks like a ritual burning too me" Petrus remarks

The enginseer nods

"We fear that Lek might a suffered a far more grizzly fate" the enginseer says he looks as desmond. "I sent Lek to the engine room, last I heard from him was a repot that everything was optimal"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 16, 2016, 10:10:41 PM
With a sigh, Desmond examines the pieces. "Well this isn't a good sign. Bane can you have an armsman light up? We could probably use it from this point forward."

He then moves around to get a good look at all the recovered scrap. "How long has Lek been missing? We'll move as fast as we can, but it might get... rough."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 16, 2016, 10:26:48 PM
"Lek has been missing 19 hours, 57 minutes and 37 seconds" the enginseer responds
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 17, 2016, 04:49:38 PM
"Right then. If there's nothing else we will move to the engine room and continue our investigation there."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 18, 2016, 06:29:54 PM
You all gather together and head out in too the darkness, your luminators flashing. The pathways are even tighter and claustrophobic, you notice the bend ahead you be the perfect place for an ambush.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 18, 2016, 08:18:03 PM
Hundreds of decks above them on the bridge, Ricker squinted at the auspex screen. The text was small and fuzzy, hard to read - the machine was ancient, of course, but Ricker had to admit it was HIS age that was more a problem. "Damnit," he muttered, fishing in his pocket for a set of glasses which he fitted on his nose and struggled to make out the text.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 19, 2016, 08:46:15 PM
'Eyes open,' Zuriel says, cursing himself for not requisitioning an auspex or two- although he doubts they would've been useful in these hot corridors with their countless moving parts. He indicates two of the armsmen bearing shotguns. 'You two, check the bend for anything suspicious, and be sure to cover each other- no telling what might be waiting for us there.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on December 20, 2016, 10:20:17 PM
Ricker pressed the comms rune. "Bane," he said. "The auspex isn't clear, but there is a body just ahead of you - and what looks like it might be a figure. Stay sharp - that could be who you are looking for, or it could be an ambush."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 20, 2016, 10:58:12 PM
"Well Bane, I feel like situations like this are under your jurisdiction. Yours and your armsmen." Desmond nods, sidling back towards the middle of the pack. "Although perhaps rounding the corner and yelling to surrender would help diplomacy, more so then turning and shooting anyway."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 21, 2016, 03:52:59 PM
"I got your meaning Desmond" Bane speaks in cool, precise rasp. "Allright, we'll do this as subtly as possible. Zuriel - take two guys and slowly check that corner. The rest of you - cover the remaining angles and stay sharp". Icarus shoulders his weapon and quietly checks the slide. "Oh and I'll be going with you, just in case" he adds with a wink and a mirthless smile.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 22, 2016, 02:06:35 PM
Zuriel doesn't say anything, but nods, indicating two armsmen to follow him. He carefully approaches the corner, weapon not raised but at the ready.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 27, 2016, 11:54:34 AM
Bane carefully follows Zuriel, placing one hand on his shoulder, while holding his gun in the other, as they traverse the corner. The gun is slightly lowered, its strap placed tightly around Icarus shoulder, ready to be sprung up in a blink of an eye. Bane's muscles are tense, his breathing shallow and quieter. This is it...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 31, 2016, 05:51:33 PM
As you round the corner you hear the sound of metal on metal. The sounds of a blade sliceing meat can also be heard.

Suddenly, a dark shape moves in the gloom! It makes to run!


Player prompt: You have three options. The first in the most simple, just blast the space in front you with lead. You can let the shape run away or you can try and capture it.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 02, 2017, 04:13:23 PM
"In the Emperor's name, stop or we'll open fire!" bellows Bane, as he aims his weapon towards the runnig target. He quickly speaks to Zuriel: "let's get after it! I want the target alive, for Throne's sake." He quickly adresses Desmond: "Desmond, take three men and see what is the thing, that our tango was slicin' and dicin'". With that said, Bane rushes after the fleeing target, with his gun pressed to his shoulder.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on January 02, 2017, 04:43:38 PM
"We're one itchy trigger finger away from a bottle of Amasec, Jace," murmurs Ricker. "Katie, what intel can we get on whatever Mister Bane is blundering into?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 02, 2017, 05:14:18 PM
"Good hunting." Desmond mutters to Bane, giving them a moment to clear the corridor and get after the target. "Right! Petrus, and you three!" he points out three of the troopers. "We're checking out whatever the target there was doing. Keep Petrus and I covered, but not jumping at shadows."

Then Desmond will carefully move up to check out what was going on. Cautiously, just in case there's a second or more accomplish waiting around.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 02, 2017, 06:30:16 PM
Zuriel wastes no time with doubt or consideration- he has his orders, and acts accordingly. Feeling confident knowing that both his squad mate and his commander are there, he wastes no time in initiating pursuit, although he remains vigilant for any unseen threats. He also takes care to keep his weapon pointed low- if there's any firing to be done, it will be aimed at the target's knees. Bringing a quarry in alive does not necessarily mean it gets to keep its legs.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 02, 2017, 08:44:56 PM
@DS & Xath:

Intimidate check (from your yelling commands): 74 fail

You run after the target after it fails to comply

***

@DK:

Per roll (I'll just use yor perception): 48 fail

Your old eyes are having trouble seeing the pic screen!

***

@Gankom:

As he runs off in too the darkness, Petrus, yourself and the two armsmen Bane left with you, stop to examine what you have found.

"Body" Petrus says nonchalantly, he calmly kneels down and runs his fingers though the spreading pool around the body. Getting blood... and oils & lubercants all over his fingertips .

"Looks like we found our Enginseer"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on January 02, 2017, 08:48:22 PM
"Auspex coverage is . . . unreliable, Bane," Ricker says. "Be cautious."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 02, 2017, 09:13:48 PM
"Well this is a rather grisly find. I was hoping to find him alive of course." Desmond responds grimly, squatting down to get a good look at the corpse. "Can we confirm he's dead? How do you even tell with a mechanicus?"

He tries to find a pulse, or at least make sure he's dead, fully expecting to find nothing of the sort.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 02, 2017, 09:47:54 PM
"How do we tell?" Petrus asks "Well, judging by the fact that he was not fighting back, as you no doubt would if you are about to be cut in too select bits, would suggest that he is thoroughly dead"

"Also" Petrus starts, you watch as he pulls back the Enginseer's robes, reavealing the spilled ropes of his intestines "it's kind of hard to still be alive when you are tripping over your own guts"

"Have any medice experience?" Petrus asks looking over the the body "If so we could do a more through field autopsy"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 03, 2017, 03:15:04 PM
"Roger that Ricker" snarls Bane, and then mutters to Zuriel something about a useless, old Grox. Pursuing his target, he takes aim at its lower half of the body and issues the warning one more time. There will be no more of them, after that.

[OOC: Take aim action at the target's legs.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 03, 2017, 04:34:30 PM
"Not me." Desmond shrugs. "Bane might have a bit, otherwise we'll lug this back to the adepts at some point."

Desmond will quickly over the body one last time to see if there's any other clues or things of interest. Then he'll quickly scan the floor for the same.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 09, 2017, 07:30:20 PM
@ Xath:

Fellowship roll: fail 60
BS check: pass 13

(I shall safely assume that with your aiming you wish to kill/maim/whatever the target)

Damage roll: -9 wounds = Death

The boom of your shotgun signals the end of your encounter with a stark finality. The shape crumples to the decking.

Upon running up to it you can see he was a Rating. Bleed out has all ready taken it's toll. He is dead as Grox burger.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 10, 2017, 12:00:12 PM
"Curses!" snarls Bane with anger, while rushing to the corpse and making sure there are no weapons within its reach... just to be sure. "This is Bane" he voxes the bridge, while making signs to Zuriel to secure the immediate area. "Target is down, checking him now. Stealth attempt unsuccessful. I'll keep you updated" he sighs with a deeply felt irritation.

[OOC: Check the body for possible booby traps and then a full search.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 10, 2017, 12:35:17 PM
Zuriel makes some quick hand gestures, indicating to each of the armsmen which corner or hallway they are supposed to cover, before he himself slowly advances towards where the ratling was headed. 'Good shot sir, if I may say so. Are we still to try and capture the next one peacefully, or may we fire at will? I reckon the enemy will be less likely to come peacefully, now.'

*****

Jace looks at the pict-screen, showing the events unfolding in the ship's bowels. Resigned, he pushes a button on the arm of his chair. 'Navigator Siegmund to serf personnel. Bring a bottle of Palthax red from my personal stock to the quarters of void-master Ricker. The twelve year vintage.' He nods at the void-master, then returns to his own screen.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 10, 2017, 12:44:38 PM
"Nothing good about that shot, Zur" growls Bane. "Wanted to take him alive, alas I've failed" he looks around, searching the shadows for signs of danger. "Order the men to be on their toes. Our marks must've heard the shot, they will be on alert from now on. If we manage to get a drop on a next one, we'll try to take him in. If not, it's weapons free from now on" adds Icarus, while slowly and carefully searching the corpse, looking for anything important... or suspicious.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 10, 2017, 01:00:58 PM
'No worries, sir. These cultist types probably weren't open for conversation anyway- not right in the head, the lot of them. As likely to chew their own faces off as to give a straight answer.' He then turns to the men. 'Try and catch one if you can, but if you can't, show them the God-Emperor's mercy.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 10, 2017, 07:07:21 PM
Desmond's head snaps up when he hears the gun fire. He tenses, waiting to hear if a firefight breaks out. When there's no other sound he sighs heavily. "Well I hope that's going well. One of you bring the body with us." he points at the armsmen still with him.

"Otherwise everyone stay on guard. Let's go meet up with the others."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on January 10, 2017, 08:34:51 PM
"A man of your word, Jace," Ricker smiles. "Katie - help me read these damn auspices . . ."

(OOC: Ricker will try to use the various sensors etc. to find any more useful intel - particularly information about more enemies coming towards the party)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 12, 2017, 01:55:44 PM
@DK:
Intell roll/Ricker-57 fail
Intell rolp/Katie- 62

Fail!

While your partner helps you the damned fuzzyness on screen makes it hard for both of you too see.

***

@Everyone:

You all gather together and look over the body. No traps or anything out of the ordinary on the body.

"Nothing" Petrus says "Allthough, we could head back up early and do some autopsies, or we could stash the bodies for now and keep going"

He looks at Desmond

"It's up too you and Master Bane, Desmond. The first option would be the easiest of the two of course, but we will obviously learn less. As for the second, the bodies may be stolen no matter how hard we hide them"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on January 12, 2017, 07:23:05 PM
"Fething thing," mutters Ricker, and administers the Sacred Rite of Percussive Maintenance to the console with his boot. "Auspices are unclear, Bane," he murmurs.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 12, 2017, 07:51:09 PM
"We should buy Ricker a decent servo skull to tag along with us." Desmond mutters to himself as he looks at the mangled mess on the ground. "And perhaps some... less lethal guns while we're at it."

He glances at Bane. "Although I'll give you this, you certainly stopped him running. What do you think Bane? Want to go do some autopsies or tromp around a bit more in the dark? We might find some more lively folk."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 13, 2017, 12:05:09 PM
"Acknowledged Ricker" growls Bane, with obvious frustration in his voice. He looks at Desmond and Petrus. "We'll continue the hunt, try to take at least one of them alive. Close combat protocols from now on - shoot to maim, not kill, if at all possible." Bane looks at two of the Armsmen. "You two, stash this corpse in the safest place nearby. You have 5 minutes. The rest of you" he addresses the remaining men under his command "preapre to move out and be on guard. They know we're here now, and hunting for them" adds Icarus, with a grim finality, before heading out into the gloom, his weapon in his hands.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 13, 2017, 04:50:38 PM
"I agree with you." Desmond say's looking further down the hallway. "We only just got here, I'd rather not turn around so quickly. We'll just have to hope that nothing grabs the bodies. Maybe Ricker can keep on eye on the location using his console. If something does come for the corpses, we might have some advance warning. A nice little ambush without having to use the other 'bait' we had planned."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 14, 2017, 02:57:58 PM
'Sir, if I may?' Zuriel kneels beside the body, inspecting the wounds. He was no doctor, but he knew about bladed weapons, and their effect on bodies. Added with some classes in field medicine he had taken, he might be able to tell something about weapons used, number of assailants, strength or height of the attacker...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 16, 2017, 12:57:11 PM
@DS:

Med/Int roll- 28- pass!

Honestly, at first glance, you have no idea which wound killed Enginseer Lek. His half augmetic, half flesh body, is riddled with bullet holes, punctures and cuts.

However you suspect that the gaping gash in his lower abdomen is the one that did him in. He most likely exsanguinated. It is doubtful he though bleeding to death would be his end.

You note that he body head had fled. Meaning that the man your boss killed has only been here a short time. The chances of finding his true killers on your own are slim to none.

You would have to capture a cultist and interrogate them to track down the culprits.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 18, 2017, 02:16:31 PM
After a few moments, Zuriel gives up. 'Honestly, sirs, I'm having trouble what this-' he raises what appears to be a mechanic arm, but might as well be a leg, '- is supposed to be. My training covered humans, not scrapheaps.'

'This is interesting, though.' He points at a couple of wounds. 'Bulletholes. Seems we'll be up against more than just crossbows.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 19, 2017, 11:23:10 AM
"Right, so these heretics just stepped up their game" rasps Bane heavily. "Ricker, please do as Desmond suggested and keep an eye on our bodies". He continues to move down the corridor with the rest of the team. "Our hostiles are almost certainly more heavily armed then previously believed, so everyone stay frosty and cover each other. I don't want any, unnecessary deaths here, kapish?" he finishes his sentence with a strangely sounding word.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 19, 2017, 04:47:10 PM
Desmond has his own doubts after looking at the body, but doesn't say anything. This is Bane's operation until they find someone to talk to, and he trusts the hulking warrior. Far preferable to getting killed in the dark anyway. He rests the shotgun in the crook of his arm and joins the rest of the men in moving deeper.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on January 20, 2017, 11:40:52 AM
"I had no idea Mister Bane was so . . . cosmopolitan," murmurs Ricker far above. "Armsman!" he orders. One of the smartly-dressed junior officers on the bridges comes to crisp attention. "Divert your gaze from Lieutenant Bechensal and concentrate on those readouts - keep an eye on the bodies. Katie and I will continue to provide intel for the investigating party."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 28, 2017, 10:07:53 AM
@Everyone:

Walking even deeper you can feel even more darkness creeping in. It's almost oppressive in nature, you can feel the sewat and toil that goes in too keeping the ship working as you go deeper down the corridors.

After a short while the darkness seems to simply blanket you. You almost forget why you are here momentarily, until you hear a clanking sound.

The noise appears to be coming from up ahead of you!


Player Prompt: I would like you all (save Ricker and Jace) too roll fear checks/saves, as I imagine the darkness has freaked you out a bit.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 01, 2017, 08:15:09 PM
The sound sends Zuriel over the edge. Ever since he examined the unnatural body of the enginseer, he had felt his fear puller ever tighter around his throat, like a noose being pulled by unseen hands. He was accustomed to battle, but this uneasiness, this not knowing what had killed the Omnissiah's priest, was starting to play tricks on his imagination.

Zuriel's uneasiness had already grown while exploring the corridors, the darkness creeping at the edge of his vision sending an almost painful shiver down his spine. He realizes with some surprise just how tense his muscles are, the gun shaking in his trembling hands.

He swallows hard, trying in vain to blink away the brightly colored spots before his eyes- spots which take horrific shapes in his mind, echoes of nightmarish xenos encountered during failed missions. He hears the screams of squad mates long dead ringing in his ears, the guilt of surviving them pressing down on Zuriel's shoulders. His face contorts into a snarl, the mouse of his hand pressed hard against his temple in a futile attempt to push back the images. A whimpered sob escapes from his lips when he finally remembers to breathe.

Zuriel then finally buckles, falling to one knee as his legs go weak. His head pounding, he stares ahead, eyes wide open. The fear overtaking him, he reacts instinctively- fight or flight, and he chooses fight. Leveling his gun at the darkness ahead, Zuriel screams savagely as he opens fire, emptying the clip, a mixture of terror and bloodlust in his eyes as he tries to regain some measure of control in the only way available to him.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 02, 2017, 07:02:54 PM
Desmond turns swiftly when he hears Zuriel start screaming and firing. He hefts his weapon just in case, but otherwise looks around. The darkness is uncomfortable and claustrophobic but he has other things on his mind to keep him distracted.

"Well whatever it is, Zuriel has given it one hell of a welcome." He responds, about to clap the man on the back before thinking better of it.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 06, 2017, 04:36:05 PM
Zuriel's random blasting- 59 Fail!

You watch as a mass of blubber and muscle charges out from the darkness!

Player prompt: Combat!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 06, 2017, 04:48:09 PM
Well Desmond will smartly step back a step to let a few more armsman get closer, then fire when he has a clear shot.

"Petrus, keep a good eye out behind us! I don't want any surprises."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 06, 2017, 06:34:49 PM
His hands still trembling, Zuriel stands back up and opens fire on the now visible threat. Have a tangible threat- something he can kill- restores some of his natural confidence, but his heart is still pounding from his breakdown.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 13, 2017, 02:36:54 PM
Bane's combat instincts kick in, as he lifts his weapon and begins to fire. "All elements, engage, engage, engage!" he roars, while unleashing a punishing hail of lead into the oncoming freaks. "Weapons free!"

[OOC: Icarus wants to create a sort of firing line of Armsmen and himself, while also making sure that his colleagues will remain behind them, for their safety.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 15, 2017, 01:44:59 AM
@Xath:

BS roll-98


Your shot goes ridiculously wide!

@Everyone

Armsmen BS rolls- 97, 10, 88, 93, 3

You watch as the shotshells empty thair payloads in too the hall way.

Only two strike the massive man before you however! The rest go wide!


@DS:

WS roll-77

Now covered in his own blood, the big man swings his crowbar at your head! Only for it too whoosh above your head as his vision blurs!  [/i


OOC: Gankom's turn!]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 15, 2017, 03:10:31 AM
Keeping a good distance Desmond will carefully aim his shot so that he wont hit any of his comrades.

"In the name of the Emperor himself cease this and surrender!" He bellows over the gun fire.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 15, 2017, 08:07:47 AM
Filled with more adrenalin than good sense, Zuriel is too caught up in his own fear to hear Desmond's words calling for restraint. He drops his bolter and grabs his chainaxe, hacking away at the mutant with fast, ferocious strikes.

[OoC: Swift attack to attack twice in the next round]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 20, 2017, 01:28:28 PM
@Gankom:

Intimidation roll-66

The burly man dose not heed your command!

@DS-

BS roll-27!

You swing your chain axe two times and cut two holes in the burly fellow's chest!

@Everyone:

Armsmen + Xath BS rolls- 5, 79,  36,  25,  91, 100.

You all watch as the next volly of fire tears the giant too bits!

OOC: Combat over!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 20, 2017, 01:47:40 PM
Zuriel revs up his chainaxe one last time and hacks the head clean off the mutant's body, before kicking it down the hall. 'Filthy mutant,' he mutters, staring after the head disappearing into the darkness.

He turns to the others, still panting, more from the rush of adrenalin than exhaustion. 'You alright?' Then he puts the chainaxe away again and starts reloading his autogun while looking at his officers and squadmates, expectantly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 20, 2017, 11:23:50 PM
"Wonderful, mutants now." Desmond adds dryly, stepping up to view the body. "We come down here to chase death cultists, roam around in the dark awhile, now we're fighting mutants. Just an average day at work..."

He'll squat down to examine and search the body. Looking for any connections to the cult their after, or other markings.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 21, 2017, 01:57:58 PM
"It dosen't matter who they are" rasps Bane. "What matters is their plan. No one cared who they were, until we've came down here. Now it's up to us to clean this mess" he adds with a shrug, loading shells into his shotgun's ammo chamber. "Ricker, are you getting this? We've got muties down here. We'll need at least one more squad of men, before this mission's through" Icarus growls into his micro bead, before looking appreciatively at Zuriel. "That was some fine wet work there soldier. I'm glad to have you by my side. The Emperor has clearly marked you for great things" he finishes, before signalling his men to move out.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on February 21, 2017, 02:03:49 PM
Ricker softly shakes his head. "No report-discipline, these young fellows," he mutters to Bechensal. "I am, indeed, 'getting this', Mister Bane," he says into the vox. "I shall have another squad of armsmen dispatched to your position. See to it, will you, Katie?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 21, 2017, 02:16:41 PM
"Much appreciated" Bane replies, while scanning his surroundings with the barrel of his shotgun. "Desmond, try to keep up. We can't stay too long in one position. There's a very real chance, that they'll try to box us. And they know this decks better than us" he adds with a low growl.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 22, 2017, 05:56:18 PM
"Sure thing Bane." Desmond replies to Bane, taking one last good look at the corpse. "Although if the mutant's associated with the death cult, that could be an important tidbit. I still want to talk with these cultists if possible. They could be a valuable resource, and if not, they'd be an utter pain to deal with given our current priority mission with this pearl thing."

Desmond say's it all casually, well aware this is an old argument everyone's heard repeatedly. It's just as much to help him think, as actually be useful.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 23, 2017, 09:21:01 AM
"Time is of the essence. We must keep moving" Bane moves forwards with shotgun pressed tightly to his shoulder. "If they'll box us, we're as good as dead. And don't worry Desmond" Icarus shoots him a backwards glance. "I will try to take one alive. Maybe."

[OOC: Bane scans all of his surrounding and orders his men to stay frosty, looking out for potential ambushes.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 23, 2017, 01:55:16 PM
'Thank you, sir,' Zuriel answers in response to Bane's praise, although he seems less than pleased. Now that the panic and his surge of adrenaline have passed, he cannot stop cursing himself for the total lack of discipline. It turned out less disastrous than it could have, but acting out of fear was unacceptable.

Still, one less cultist to worry about. If the man- for now Zuriel's recognized his attacker as just a man, not a mutant- was in fact a cultist. Might've been just an unfortunate bystander looking to defend himself from Zuriel's ill-timed barrage.

No matter, Zuriel admonished himself. What's done was done, all that mattered now was the mission. He advanced cautiously towards the darkness, taking the lead in case any more nasty surprises popped up.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 27, 2017, 07:08:02 PM
@Gankom:

Though you can only get a quick glance at the dead man, it is obvious that, while not a mutant there is something off about him.   

@Everyone:

However this is no time too stop, as you can hear more footsteps!


Player prompt: All of you must roll another fear check!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 28, 2017, 07:59:48 AM
Zuriel stops in his tracks, looking at the halway ahead, eyed wide. 'Back, back! There are too many of them! Take up overwatch positions!' He raises his weapon, ready to open fire on whatever comes out of the darkness.

[OoC: Overwatch (Supressing Fire) action, marking the hallway in front of me as the kill zone- as soon as an attacker comes out of the darkness, Zuriel fires]
[OoC: Also yes, Zuriel failed his fear check again, though not enough to gain insanity]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 28, 2017, 09:25:52 PM
(Desmond has likewise failed his fear check by a measly two points! Luckily he isn't losing any sanity.)

Desmond's head whips up at the sound. He was so totally focused on the corpse that he forgot the danger they were in. The sudden action unbalances him, and for a moment he feels his heart thunder. He stumbles up and tries to ready his gun.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 01, 2017, 11:04:09 AM
"Targets sighted, open fire!" roars Bane, as he raises his shotgun and begins to blast away at the corridor. "Desmond, get the hell back!" he adds, while trying to score clean, efficent kills.

[OOC: Rolled a 6, so I'm good. Bane makes aimed shots, to maximise his combat efficiency.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 07, 2017, 03:54:03 AM
@Gankom & DS:

You both start as Bane sends a slug down the hallway!


@Xath:

BS roll-84-fail!

You hear the lead from the shell hit somthing metalic and not at all fleshy!

@Everyone:

You all watch in horror, as hulking people, for you have no idea what gender thay are covered head to toe in armour & carrying heavy shields, march out of the darkness! You all see where Banes shot hit, mearly scoring a gouge in the plates of the one in the middle.

"Well I think we have overstayed our welcome" Petrus says simply
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on March 07, 2017, 11:34:16 AM
Ricker leaned back in his chair and looked up at Bechensale. He held up two fingers. "Maybe two squads, Katie," he murmured.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 07, 2017, 01:42:12 PM
'Should've brought some man-stopper rounds,' Zuriel mutters at the sight of all that armour. He then roars with laughter. 'The God-Emperor tests our devotion, boys! Knives at the ready, but first bestow upon them the blessed gift of the frag grenade!'

He then revs up his chainaxe again, preparing to lead the charge once the dust settles. 'Oh, and uh,' he adds, casting an apologetic look at Desmond, 'try to take one alive, if you can.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 07, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
"Affix bayonets!" rasps Bane, as he prepares to lead a glorious charge against the enemy. "Throw some frags amongst them, pin them down!" he adds, while checking the edge of his blade, with his thumb. It drew blood, and so it shall do the Emperor's work just fine.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 07, 2017, 02:51:15 PM
@DS:

BS roll-93 fail!

As the armoured warriors stalk out of the hallway you fire your shotgun and watch as the lead just bounces off one of the sheilds!

Grenade roll- (OOC: I can't actually remeber what said roll is based off of but it was a 71 so that's fail any way)

@Everyone:

Grenade roll #1- 48 fail
Grenade roll #2- 20 pass
Grenade roll #3- 37 fail
Grenade roll #4- 92 fail
Grenade roll #5- 51 fail

Three out of the 6 grenades just fail to even detonate, while the pin on another is rusted in place. The fith grenade sail through the air only for it to explode prematurely. The sixth grenade how ever dose find it's mark and you watch as the armoured hulks stagger slightly!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on March 07, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
Far above, Ricker strokes his beard pensively. "This will not end well," he opines.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 07, 2017, 04:41:09 PM
"By the Emprerors mercy." Desmond mutters as his fellows start roaring in bloodlust. He'll stay near the back and take careful, aimed shots with his shotgun until combat gets to chaotic to safely aim.

"This was not exactly the diplomatic mission I had in mind." he mutters to Petrus as he takes aim. "Although I'm also not happy to discover a force such as this on our ship!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 13, 2017, 01:37:35 PM
@Everyone:

The armoured figures march ever so slowly move forward maintaining their formation. You notice there appears to be two men behind them, holding chains. Chains that seem to be taut with tension. 

Petrus moves to the left of you and raises his flamer


BS check-100!

You watch as the tanks on his back blow a their gaskets and start hemorrhaging promethium!

You hear Petrus curse under his breath as he quickly shrugs off the tanks.

"Right well there goes the one advantage we had in this confined space" He remarks "Damn thing has always been trouble"


@Gankom & Xath:

He looks over his shoulder at you

"Thoughts on what to do here Master Bane?"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 13, 2017, 05:34:51 PM
@Darknight:

You, despite your age, rise from your command chair with speed. You stride over too the servitor control console and activate a number of combat servitors.

Player prompt: Are there any special orders you would like too give the servitors?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on March 13, 2017, 05:43:22 PM
"Katie," Ricker calls, "are our men wearing transponders? Or an identifiable uniform? Maybe some kind of distinctive hat? I'm trying to program the threat / foe matrix and the parameters are . . . lacking."

"Oh, they must have transponders." Bechensale's chipper assurance seems somehow out of place on the incense-shrouded bridge. Ricker fixes her with a withering stare. "At least I hope they did. I'll check," she adds, scrambling to tap runes on the tac console.

"Oh, look!" exclaims Ricker, hitting a few control knobs. "They have a 'piety' filter for the T/F matrix. There - they will shoot anything that isn't chanting an Ecclesiarchy-approved devotional."

"Best hope they're all singing from the same hymn-sheet," Bechensale murmurs.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 14, 2017, 11:04:16 AM
"My armor is contempt! My shield is disgust! My sword is hatred! In the Emperor's name, let none survive!" howls Bane, as he orders a full-frontal charge against the enemy, swinging his sabre above his head.

[OOC: We charge the bastards and dismantle them in CC.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 14, 2017, 11:51:55 AM
Revving up his chainaxe, Zuriel prepares to take down the biggest of the armored figures or die trying. Hearing his superior recite a prayer to the Emperor, he decides to add his own voice to the chorus.

'When the people forget their duty, they are no longer human and become something less than beasts,' he intones, revving his chainaxe for dramatic effect. 'They have no place in the bosom of humanity nor in the heart of the Emperor. Let them die and be forgotten!'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 14, 2017, 04:16:07 PM
"Sure, we're singing now." Desmond mutters to himself, before joining in. It doesn't do much good to go against the flow when the flow is all hyped up on blood lust and swinging weapons. "For the Emperor protects his people, and his people follow the will of the God Emperor!"


Desmond will sidle around to the side, staying away from the combatants, and try and take some shots at the figures in the second row.

(I don't believe Desmond is actually carrying a close combat weapon, so shotgun pot shots it is.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 14, 2017, 11:09:39 PM
@Everyone:

Petrus starts chanting a low and slow dirge. You suppose that it must be a hym from his home world, judging by the unfamiliar version of Low Gothic he is singing in.

You all hear the sound of chains hitting and suddenly draging across the decking!

From beind the the armoured figures, four massive, hairless, pale fleshed wardogs bound forward! Their muscles ripple and flex as they charge.


Dog attack roll one- 25 pass
Dog attack number two- 47 fail
Dog attack number three-  27 pass
Dog attack number four- 93 fail

@DS:

The lead dog misses with it's bite to your leg but the second one dose not as it goes for your arm!
4dmg

@Xath:

You dodge the first dog but the second lashes out and bites down on your wrist!
0dmg

But thankfully the carapace stops the theeth from biting in!

@Everyone:

However the wardogs are not alone and you see their handlers have followed!

Handler roll number one- 45 fail
Handler roll number two- 34 pass

@DS:

You can't help but watch as the Handler's sword swings for your head!
10dmg

You world goes red & black as the blade sinks in to your skull!

@Xath:

As you see your comrade's head nearly get split in half, the handler facing you swinf with the crude axe in his hands but it spangs off your chest plate!



Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 15, 2017, 10:50:05 AM
'Someone get this mangy beast off of me!' Zuriel cries out while the dog clamps down on his arm. Despite the beast's teeth not getting through his flak armour, having a big animal hanging from his arm is not ideal, and Zuriel starts smacking the beast with his weapon.

[OoC: Since I'm being grappled, I can only respond with a half action to escape the grapple- Zuriel will make an opposed strength check to break free, hoping one or more of his squadmates will assist. If he escapes the grapple, he'll use his other half action to smack the hound with his chainaxe.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 15, 2017, 04:37:22 PM
Still singing along with the rest of them, Desmond will take careful aim and shoot at the easiest dog. He's extra careful not to shoot any of his teammates.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 15, 2017, 09:29:50 PM
@Everyone:

Suddenly a number of crew duck out from the shadows.

"Leave the two of them" referring to Zuriel & Bane "there is more on the way!" You hear one of them shout he has a commanding voice. This is someone use to giving orders, someone in command.



Player prompt: roll fellowship
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 16, 2017, 07:45:13 AM
[32! Actually succeeded on a test for once!]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 16, 2017, 09:24:12 AM
Bane howls with fury and rage, as he drives the edge of his falchion over the beast's snout, while yelling: "fall back, fall back, damn you!". As he hears the voice, he tries to remember if he'd ever heard it before...

[Fel. roll of 24. Not bad!]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 16, 2017, 04:06:11 PM
(Desmond has squeaked by with a 41!)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 16, 2017, 06:47:06 PM
@Everyone:

Three of the armsmen start and with their nerves already shot, run! Petrus and the other armsman try to stop them but they bolt off in to the darkness!

@Xath:

Str role to break grapple, with +20 because of the blade strike-  72 fail!

You struggle but you only succeed in pulling the dog with you! Feeling this the dog reacts by biting down harder!

Dog str check- 36 pass!

Suddenly, you hear a sharp crack and feel pain in your arm. Looking down you eyes widen as you see that the dogs jaws have sheared through the carapace bracier on your left forearm!

Player prompt: role fear!

@DS:

Opp str check (the strength of the dogs is 40 btw) - 100!

You use every bit off your strength...

D100 role for outcome- 94!

... and you pull so hard you nearly dislocate your right arm!

-1hp

@Gankom:

BS check- 57

You over compensate and end up sending a slug just over the dog biting down on Bane!

@Everyone:

Following Desmond's lead, the remaining armsman takes aim at the dog attacink his boss...

BS roll- 35 (I think that's fail but I will let it pass!)

the shot goes and strikes it in the shoulder,  dislodging the dog!

(You are now free DS!)

Petrus runs up and moves to bury his chain sword in the spine of the dog grappleing Bane...

WS role- 95 fail

.. and misses!

"Oh for the love of Saint Bran!" you hear the voice shout

Suddenly the bolt flies from nowhere and stikes the dog grappleing Bane causing it too let go!

"This way now!" The voice says and you all move in it's direction


(You are now free Xath, just remember to role fear)


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 17, 2017, 12:20:59 AM
"Fall back in an orderly fashion." Desmond barks, firing again at the dog. "Quickly now!"

He'll try and cover the others as they retreat.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 17, 2017, 11:50:31 AM
Zuriel does as Bane commands, slinking backwards while brandishing his chainaxe, keeping himself between the threat and his companions in case the armored men or the dogs make another attempt to attack. With his left hand he rubs his shoulder, cursing the mutt who managed to hurt him. Part of him wants to jump right back into the fray, but with both his superior officer and the seneschal calling for a retreat, duty wins out over passion.

'Whereto, sir?' he asks Bane, wary of this stranger calling out from the darkness. Glancing over at his superior commander, he adds, 'sir, are you alright to walk? Looks like that mongrel did a number on your arm. I can put a bandage on it once we're clear, but I need to know where we're going first.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 27, 2017, 05:19:20 PM
You run for your lives through the dark. You can hear the blood pounding in your ears and feel that air drying your throat.

After the few moments you reach a dark hall and you stop. The man leading you turns too look at all of you.

"Alright, who are you upper deck morons?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 28, 2017, 08:51:12 AM
"I'm fine Zuriel, nothing to it. Check out the others. They might need your help more." Bane turns towards the leading man and appraises him coldly. "We are here on the command of captain Hassarian, master of this ship" he rasps with barely contained fury. "Now who might you be?" Icarus asks with a hint of danger in his tone. "Also, who or what, were these fething things?".

[OOC: I'm checking this dude from top to bottom, looking for any markings, tattoos, weapons etc.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 28, 2017, 12:26:29 PM
Zuriel nods to Bane, then goes to check on the seneschal, priest and armsman. 'Are you alright? Any wounds requiring immediate attention?' He then looks over at the one remaining armsman, taking him to the side.

'Good on you for standing your ground, armsman, especially considering your comrades abandoned their post. Tell me your name and ID- I'll make sure a note of your conduct exemplary conduct will be attached to the debriefing report.'

He then looks around, frowning. turning to Desmond, he whispers, 'permission to speak freely, sir? We still have those servitors incoming- with the enemy momentarily gone and us no longer singing, you might want to consider contacting the bridge to call them off.'

Finally, if nobody requires his aid, Zuriel will tend to the wound he suffered.

[OoC: Medidae test to perform first aid on himself]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 28, 2017, 06:55:08 PM
Desmond steps back to let Bane deal with these new arrivals first. He'll step forward if things start to get sour and someone needs to calm things down. As he does he listens to Zuriel. "A good point, I'll deal with it." he whispers back. While Zuriel moves off to heal Desmond taps his microbead.

"Desmond to bridge, looks like we're clear for the time being. You can shut them down for now, but might want to keep them handy. Just in case."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 03, 2017, 03:06:31 PM
@DS:

Med role-59!

You fumble, the blood being in your eyes and all, dropping your med kit

@Xath:

Per role-8!

You can see in the gloom enough to get a good look at the man before you. He is an older man, most likely in his 50s. The heavy white beard and the silk ribbon covering his missing let eye all point too this man having been on this ship for far longer then you.

"Ah, the old man sent you?" the fellow starts "No, that's not right, it would be his boy now. Wonder if Ricker is still Void Master?"

He pauses before getting back on topic

"As for me, I am Soral Thrant. Crew Master for this section of deck" he looks you up and down and studies your uniform "You must be the Arms Master"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 04, 2017, 02:51:55 AM
When he hears the man is a crew master Desmond takes his finger off his microbead and steps forward. "And I am the Lord-Captain's Seneschal. Greetings and well met Crew Master. You certainly have impeccable timing, things were starting to get a bit... kinetic in there,."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 05, 2017, 09:03:44 AM
"I am, Icarus Bane's the name" Bane presents himself to the old geezer, looking him up and down. "How long have you been here, old man? Also - how safe is that area?" asks Icarus, while signing his men to establish a perimeter.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on April 08, 2017, 11:19:01 PM
Up on the bridge, Ricker leans forward and peers at the grainy image from the camera. It certainly looked like Soral . . . "Katie, have the servitors stand down from combat protocols. Bane!" he said into the microphone. "Remember me to Thrant. Ask him if he remembers the Cadian twins in the back of the RH1N0."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 10, 2017, 08:40:30 AM
Icarus rolls his eyes, muttering something about a lascivious, old geezers, then proceeds to ask the man, standing in front of him, about the twins. "You know" he says, looking at Thrant. "The Emperor really looks down upon such things".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on April 10, 2017, 09:42:32 AM
Ricker laughed. "They were Kasrkin, Icarus - combined Navy / Imperial Guard operation. Amazing women - we ran an continent-wide campaign from the back of a troop transport. They held the whole front in their heads. Prettiest violet eyes."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 10, 2017, 10:01:09 AM
Bane chuckles quietly, letting the tension get off him. "Humph, perhaps I should be less of a hardass" he admits over the vox. "Then again, heresy grows from such things" he adds, after a minute's notice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 12, 2017, 11:05:08 AM
@Xath:

The Crew Master scoffs and starts laughing

"So Ricker is still around eh? You know, hes about eight decades older than me!" he remaks laughing again "As for your questions, I think the Deck Mistress might be able to answer you better than I can"

He pauses and looks about.

"My post is close by though. Might as well head that way"

He turns and starts walking in to the blackness.

"Also you better hope that those troopers that ran have no augmentations. They are most likely dead men anyway though" he says looking over his shoulder at you.

He waves for you to follow. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on April 12, 2017, 11:50:34 AM
Up on the bridge, Ricker laughs, shaking his shoulders. As fate would have it, he twitches as a muscle in his shoulder jerks. "It's not the years," he mutters, "it's the millage." Next to him, Bechensale fastens strong fingers around his deltoid and massages firmly. "Thank you, Katie - I'll pay you back."

"I am keeping a running tally," she agrees.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 12, 2017, 12:04:36 PM
"Very well, lead on old man" Bane signals the rest of his team to follow suit. "We'll have a couple questions for you, and not about whom Ricker shagged or did not shag" he adds with a growl. "But we'll need to find a good, defendable position first. How many troops do you have? How many armaments and supplies?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 12, 2017, 02:53:48 PM
"And this cult," Desmond interjects. "We need to know all about this cult. It's vital for the smooth running of our glorious vessel."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 17, 2017, 10:39:36 AM
@Everyone:

"First my lads are just crew. We can fight but we prefer to leave that to the troopers. We number... maybe thirty of us. It's hard too say, due to the ever changing orders and the replacing of dead comrades. Armaments tend to be wahtever comes too hand. As for the good defendable position, well, the nature of ship board fighting is always to attack. So no, there are none"

He looks back over his shoulder at you as he walks

"As to The Hand, I don't know much about what they believe or what they think. All I know is that they have numbers and the skill to fight. You'll have to ask the Deck Misstress if you want more. We will be headed to her command center after we stop and hunker down. Night cycle will be starting soon"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 18, 2017, 08:18:19 AM
Bane activates his vox link. "Ricker, can you find me any info on a organisation called "The Hand"?". Icarus checks every corner as he follows the old man's lead. "Also, we'll need more men down here. These civies will be next to useless in a straight-up fight... which they've actually admitted to anyway" he adds, with his signature growl. Looking at Thrant he asks about the Deck Mistress. "How long has she held her position? Is there anything we should be aware, before speaking to her?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on April 18, 2017, 09:52:37 AM
"Absolutely, Mister Bane." Touching runes on the control altar in front of him, Ricker patches himself through to the dusty library-cells of the historo-savants. "May I have your attention, nerds," he says, using an ancient and formal term of address for a savant rarely used in these latter millennia. "This is the Void-Master. Praise be to Him-On-Earth, now and forever. I desire information on an organization known as 'The Hand'. A death-cult of some kind, operating on this ship and perhaps other ships elsewhere in the fleet. Make your report to myself and the Arms Master."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 24, 2017, 08:08:20 PM
@Everyone:

We will use Gankom's Int for the savant role- 32 so that's a go.

As you successfully get the info you requested you walk and talk.

"Well she is a bit of a hard ass" Thrant starts, answering Bane's question "I would say she has held the post for about fifteen years now"

As the man talks you notice that the info you requested is very sparce in it's reading. Almost as if much has been erased.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 25, 2017, 01:56:07 PM
"Ricker why the hell is so much of this info gone?" Bane asks, highly irritated. "As for your mistress" - he adreesses Thrant - "she still owes her fealty to Captain Hassarian. I hope she understands that" adds Icarus with a growl.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on April 25, 2017, 02:01:18 PM
"Nerdmaster, is there any evidence of data-tampering? Deletion or damage to the memory cores? Avuu-trytern-ingitovfen-bakona-gin?" Ricker finished, chanting the ancient - and no longer understood - litany against computer failure in the hope it might have an effect.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 25, 2017, 02:55:07 PM
"Wow, it's almost like we should have someone looking into this cult." Desmond say's rather sarcastically. "We should form up a team and go down there and have a look."

He chuckles darkly to himself. "Who's the deck mistress?" He asks the crewman, then tries to remember if he knows about her in anyway. "Part of why we're down here is to see if this cult is a problem, or one that can be used for the glory of the Emperor."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 01, 2017, 04:31:08 PM
@Xath:

"Oh she knows" Thrant says "In fact she makes a point about it to the Troop Commander on this deck"

***
@Darknight:

You hear back from Desmond's Savants that the data deletion took place over 30 years ago. Long before Hasarian took command of the ship.

***
@Gankom:

Intel role-35 pass

You recall from your orientation too the ship that Deck Mistress Malik is just as Thrant described her. A hard ass who runs a tightly controlled crew. Her word is law and the only persons who she takes orders from is Hasarian and yourself. She often butts heads with Troop Commander Garruss over various issues. Thrant covers all  this again as he talks too you. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on May 01, 2017, 05:15:05 PM
"Thank you, nerds. Mister Bane; the deletion occurred a generation or more ago - a long time for you youngsters. Before Hasarian took command. I suspect that trail may be as cold as a Valhallan's tit."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 01, 2017, 05:32:19 PM
"lovely imagery Ricker, thank you for that." Desmond voxes through the microbead. Well then Thrant lets go meet your deck mistress and we can get underway with this cult business."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 05, 2017, 10:25:19 AM
"Thanks Ricker, appreciate your help" voxes Bane, and then turns towards Trant. "Lead the way old timer. I'm anxious to meet that mistress of yours" he adds with a slight sneer.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 08, 2017, 10:17:03 PM
It takes you over an hour to reach deck hq. The darkness seems even more oppressive now, as you realize the troopers who ran are even more worse off then you, most  likely dead.

Stepping in to the hq you are met with a bustle of activity,  with crew running about and calling for supplies, barking orders and the like.

Standing in the middle of this, is a tall woman with dark hair. Stand next to her, is a burly man in a Troop Commander's unifrom, red in the face.

"You moronic which!" The man shouts "We need to..." he trails off when he catches sight of you.

Collecting himself he stands straighter

"Seems we have visitors" he remarks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 08, 2017, 10:49:33 PM
"Indeed you do." Desmond say's breezily, striding in. "Desmond Pyke, the Lord-Captain Seneschal. My associates, especially the large man with the weapons, have been investigating matters in this area."

He pauses and considers the current chaos that seems to be happening. "Although it seems like you're all rather busy as well. What's happening here?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 11, 2017, 01:11:32 PM
"Icarus Bane, Lord Hassarian's Master of Arms." Bane growls with barely suppressed fury. "Which one of you morons is responsible for a bunch of nutjobs running around our Master's ship, doing as they please?" he adds, while looking at the man, dressed in Commander's uniform. Bane's hand slowly falls to his blade.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 16, 2017, 03:50:57 AM
@Gankom

"My Lord" the woman replies "I am Deck Misstress Tresa Malik"

"We heard of you little encounter Master Pyke, I must admit that I did not expect The Hand to strike at unaugmented crew. They don't do that often if at all"

"I am deplying my repair teams to fix whatever damage may have been done to the ship during that last battle & any damage from your interaction with The Hand"


***

@Zath:

"My Lord Bane, I am honored" the commander says with a deep bow "I am Troop Commander Hensult Garruss"

"As for your question, you can blame the stupid bitch next to me. She refuses to work with me in culling these insane radicals!"


***

@Everyone

"That is because a dog such as you can not be responsible for itself vat scum" she says without raising her voice "How can I expect for you to work with me when you are in a constant sate of rabid idiocy?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 16, 2017, 07:55:14 AM
"Enough!" roars Bane, and his mask turns the sound into a grating, rasping cacophony. "I don't want to hear anymore accusations, at least now now. You'll be facing Hassarian's ire for your incompetence later, but for now we shall work on fixing this damn mess." Bane looks at the gathered crew members. "Tell me about that Hand cult. Who are they, how many of them are there, where are they stationed?" he pierces them with his steely eyes. "I. Want. To. Know. Everything" he adds, emphasising each word with a punch to on the wall.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 20, 2017, 05:50:13 PM
"I'm in agreement with Master Bane." Desmond adds calmly. "If this cult can be reasoned with, I want to know now. If it must be dealt with, permanently, then we need to do it immediately. I will not have these events endanger the whole ship."

(Desmond will try to use his fellowship to get them to stop arguing and focus up.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 22, 2017, 04:19:58 PM
@Gankom:
Fel-22 pass!

Both people stop and look at you, before looking back too each other and nodding. Seemingly agreeing on something for once.

"Master Pyke, would you come with me? My quarters are this way" Malik says and gestures for you to follow

"Desmond" Petrus whispers from behind you "Should I stay with Master Bane?"

***

@Zath:

"Master Bane" Garruss starts "I have information on the Cult tactics and movements over here" He leads you over to a command console "Though I could just give you a quick run down if you wish?"


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 22, 2017, 07:14:31 PM
"Sure, I'm sure Master Bane would thoroughly enjoy your company." Desmond replies to Petrus. "Pay attention to the information and see if it matches the knowledge you already have."

Desmond will follow Malik, but will be cautious and careful.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 24, 2017, 01:28:33 PM
"Give me everything on these blasted heretics and let's devise some strategy to counter their vile efforts of causing havoc" Bane looks expectantly at Garruss. "It better be good" he adds in a lone, menacing tone, while drumming his fingers on the cogitator board.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 30, 2017, 08:41:38 PM
@Gankom:

You folow Malik to her quarters and stand patiently as she takes a seat.

"I am going to be honest with you Master Pyke. I don't think Garruss and I will ever see eye to eye on anything, least of all this issue"

She folds her hands in front of her

"Yes, I think The Hand can be reasoned with. My observers tell me that there is no apparent outside influence working on them, be it Xeno, Warp or even Human. They act entirely on their own, with their own brand of faith guiding the way"

She pauses and offers you a seat

"I'm sorry, where are my manners. Would you like some tea?"

***

@Xath:

While the info you receive is full in truly interesting info, two anecdotes stand out. 1, that The Hand only seem to move or carry out missions during the day cycle. 2, that their unit structure seems to draw from the Imperial Guard.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 30, 2017, 09:35:19 PM
"No, thank you though." Desmond replies, still sounding friendly and diplomatic. "It's been a rather hectic day and if I stop for tea it would take a titan to get me up again."

He puts his hand behind his back and considers the woman. "It seems they have certainly ramped up their assaults on the mechanicus. Not just in volume, but targets with authority. Do you know the cause of this? No doubt my comrade out with your security officers is getting similar information, but where are they based?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 30, 2017, 10:09:53 PM
@Gankom

"They don't have one. It's just number of out posts and weapon stashes. It's like a resistance movement, you know, like the cells that fight tyrannical governors?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 01, 2017, 07:45:09 AM
"Interesting" mutters Bane. "Looks like our heretical friends chose to do their raiding during day time". He wheezes through his rebreather. "That gives us an opportunity. Ricker, we shall prepare a raid of our own, at night, when those fething bastards will have their guard down" Icarus looks around, assessing the strength of his men. "We will, however, need more men. Seems like that Hand cult utilises militarum tactics. Perhaps some of them are ex-Guard. We'll need a bit of support, if we want to see that one through".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on June 01, 2017, 08:56:44 AM
"A night raid," murmured Ricker, up on the bridge.

"I do some of my best work at night," quipped Bechensale.

"So you do, Katie, so you do - let's see about drawing up a list of forces for these hoary-chested men of action to lead into the bowels of the ship and then maybe we can see about broaching that fine bottle I won from the Navigator."

(OOC note; Ricker will begin assisting Bane in drawing up a list of forces, handling logistics for materiel etc. and generally just co-ordinating so it goes smoothly).
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 01, 2017, 03:58:05 PM
"Resisting Tyrannical forces eh? That sounds a bit ominous." Desmond replies rather grimly. "My fellow officers currently lean towards trying to exterminate this hand. In your opinion, can they be reasoned with at all? Or should we be preparing for an insurgency?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 05, 2017, 12:43:46 PM
@Gankom:

"With you and me at the head, yes I think so" she says "However that meat head Garruss will no doubt get in the way. While they are no doubt dangerous, I do believe that they could be put to good use. I see no reason they should not be parlayed with"

***

@Xath:

"Yes they do have interesting tactics" Petrus remaks looking over your shoulder "I wonder how or why they have guard training?"

He strokes moustache

"I fear we may be getting more questions than answers"

"Who cares priest, they are something to kill and thats good enough for me" Garruss says
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 11, 2017, 03:42:04 PM
Desmonds interest flares again, although he tries to stay rational with it. "They certainly didn't seem up to negotiations when they attacked us just recently. Do you have any method to send them a message and request a meeting?So we're not stumbling into their lair or another ambush."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 13, 2017, 12:23:42 PM
"Do we know who their leaders are? In my unit we had a saying about cutting of the head of a fenks-wyrm and its body will die" Bane chuckles grimly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 14, 2017, 06:36:48 PM
@Gankom:

"They attacked you outright?" Malik says slightly alarmed "What happened? What did you do, did you kill one of them?"

***

@Xath:

"No I am afraid that their leaders are scattered about the ship. We know that there are at least 5 of them, two seem to be in the upper command structure but thats it" Garruss remaks

"In the Imperial Navy officers ranks are often hereditary, perhaps they folow a simlar ethos? If so that means that they have throughly infiltrated the command structure of the ship. We could use that to our advantage" Petrus whipers to you 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 16, 2017, 12:31:49 PM
"Are you suggesting that a bunch of heretics have successfully infiltrated the high echelons of Master Hassarian's ship?" Bane looks incredulous at the man. "This is a very serious accusation. Do you have anything to back it up?" he speaks with a heavy rasp, then turns towards Petrus. "How do you plan we do that?" asks Icarus. "Whom can we trust? Ricker?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 19, 2017, 07:17:44 PM
"We came across someone murdering one of the tech priests. Doing a real number when it came to cutting them up. My security comrades out there attempted to stop him, but after the murderer attempted to flee he was gunned down by mistake. It was soon after that we ran into that a much larger, more heavily armed force." Desmond considers the woman carefully. He wants to make sure she's showing the proper loyalty to the ship and all.

"It's vital that we attempt to defuse the situation. Before Commander Bane back there, or the cult, is forced into more open conflict. It would be a sin against the Emperor to waste valuable resources. So tell me, how can we find them and arrange a meeting?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 26, 2017, 12:35:22 PM
@Xath:

"Well let's think about it for a moment" Petrus says "If we can find these officers, none of them would want their secret exposed now would they?"

He clears his throat and goes on

"From the basic info we know they seem to have a great respect for the Captain of the ship. Perhaps we can force then in to negotiations if we capture one of the officers and bring them to Hassarian?"


***

@ Gankom:
"You... you killed one of them?" Malik asks aghast. She springs from her desk and grabs her coat, which is not to different from yours, brown with silver trim, rather than gold.

"We need to act fast then" she starts she reaches in to her desk and removes an cut down shotgun, which she stuffs under her coat "We need to talk with one of my observers"

She takes your hand and rushes out the door, pulling you along.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 26, 2017, 12:51:07 PM
"Aye, that is a good plan. However finding these scoundrels will not be an easy task. Any ideas hoiw we could do this?" asks Bane, with a heavy wheeze. "I don't want to endanger the captain in any way, nor do I want to bring chaos to the bridge" he adds, with a slight scowl.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 26, 2017, 08:20:59 PM
Desmond will follow the woman where ever she plans on going, but he keeps track of if their heading to or away from where they originally came from.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 04, 2017, 06:37:11 PM
@Xath

"Nothing says that we have to be on the Bridge Master Bane. Matter of fact it would be better if it were in a cargo hold or somthing. Draws less attention" Petrus says quietly

"As for the captain's safety, I'm sure that he would be safe, he can handle himself I think. If his fighting skils are not enough reassure you, we will be there as well, at least that's the way I have it planned out anyway" 

***

@Gankom

Observation (Per) role-42 fail
Intel role-83 fail

Within the darkness it is impossible to tell where you are going. Eventually Malik leads you to a whip thin, man with a bald head and dark skin, odd considering that there is no sunlight down here. You realize that soot and oils are painted accross his flesh, giving him camouflage.

"Master Pyke, this is Corlin, he is one of my many trusted crewmates and one of my observers"

"How do you do Master?" he asks in a very quiet voice 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 05, 2017, 11:53:14 AM
"I would think that such shady buisness would occur in one of the hangars or in the bowels of the engineering section" Bane muses, while adjusting valves on his archaic rebreather. "As for Lord Hassarian - I am oath sworn to protect him, and tis I shall do, until my last breath" he adds, his ice glinting coldly in the artificial light. Bane takes a glance towards Petrus. "What do you have in mind? Tell me about that plan of yours".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 05, 2017, 02:51:37 PM
"Well aren't we just diving into intrigue here." Desmond replies drily. "I am Desmond Pyke, Seneschal to the Lord-Captain. We're here looking into the cult known as the Hand. We had a bit of a skirmish with them. What can you add to the picture?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 10, 2017, 03:49:19 PM
@Xath:

"Well that's the hard part. We are going to have to draw them out and capture an... officer? They seemingly use a standard ranking system so it seems likely that by using one of these captured officers that we could set up a meeting or infiltrate one of their... what should we call them, companies?"

He shakes his head

"Regardless, that may mean a fight. That means House Troops, we should draw them from the upper decks where The Hand has less influence. No use having a leak after all. Perhaps Master Pyke will come back with more info"

***

@Gankom:

"Depends on what ye want to know, there is a lot me and my fellow Observers 'ave gleaned" the man says "You must be in a hurry so ask away"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on July 10, 2017, 03:53:08 PM
"Are you hearing this, Wil?" Bechensale asked in a harsh whisper.

"Umm-hmm," the Void Master murmured affirmatively.

"What do you think of it?" she demanded.

Ricker chuckled. "Oh, Katie, Katie, my sweet summer child. You don't get to my position by thinking about things. That's why I have you."

"I think it's going to be a bloody disaster."

"You had to think to come up with that?"

Bechensale's sculptural face kinked and her eyes narrowed, but there was a smile lurking at the edge of her lips. "If you weren't such a handsome son-of-a-bitch . . ." she muttered.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 13, 2017, 04:26:41 AM
Bane loosk suitable irritated. "We don't have time for that "infiltration" nonsense. Let's just find out where they are, bring a shit ton of our troops and maybe a few cog boys, with their automata, and hit those bastards like the mail fist of Rogal Dorn himself" he rasps, visibly pissed off. "Ricker!" Icarus barks to his vox system, "can't you run a full scan or something. I'm not a bloody spy master, or some kind of infiltration specialist. We don't have time for this crap" he finishes, with barely controlled rage.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on July 13, 2017, 05:53:53 AM
"I have one of my headaches coming . . ." Ricker murmured.

"I definitely won't have one tonight," offered Bechensale helpfully.

"Tonight is not know, regretfully. Mister Bane," the Void Master said, pressing down on the communications rune, "I assure you that we are doing everything we can to locate the Hand. Might I remind you that your presence in the lower decks is, in fact, the 'full scan' we are running. As you have been told, the Hand has clearly infiltrated the crew of the ship. Now, I realize that you do not have time for such nonsense, but they clearly do - and have likely spent years if not decades of it making sure they are infiltrated. In this context, that word means 'they look just like everyone else unless you look really hard'. You are my 'full scan', Mister Bane. If I had a servoskull or scrying auspex which would locate the hand, I assure you I would have sent it and kept your charming presence on the bridge where I would have encouraged you to amuse me with a spirited rendition of 'Three Little Maids From The Progenium Are We' with you taking the contralto part."

"I sing a mean soprano, Mister Bane," Bechensale put in.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 13, 2017, 06:35:39 AM
"Whatever the hell that means" mutters Icarus to himself. "Right then, change of plans. You!" he adresses Garruss. "Give me the most possible location of their meetings, drinking places, hell - even a latrine that they'd most likely use. We need a start, something that we can use to launch our investigation and try to..." he clears his throat "infiltrate their ranks". The word "infiltrate" had been said with a healthy ammount of disgust.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 13, 2017, 12:47:07 PM
Desmond rubs his head for a moment. "Yes a very big hurry. My comrades are ready to rip the ship apart for this Hand. I need to know everything. Starting with how we can contact them and negotiate a meeting. We need to know where and who their officers and leaders are. Lord-Captain Hassarian runs this ship, and I will not see resources such as theirs wasted, but we are all losing patience with this matter. If we don't settle this with them now, peacefully, then it will end very poorly indeed."

Desmond then taps his microbead to open a channel to the others. He has a feeling that Bane might be getting a bit anxious. "Bane, Ricker, I'm moving as fast as I can on this. These fine... folk seem to think these fanatics are not disloyal. They could perhaps be made to serve Hassarian, but we need to try and arrange some kind of meeting. Preferably one that doesn't result is a dead body this time."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on July 13, 2017, 01:05:48 PM
"I must admit to liking the idea of a cargo bay or hangar for the meeting - somewhere that can be immediately opened to the void. I agree with Mister Bane that presenting the Captain himself is far too dangerous. Desmond, Icarus; I am relying on you to locate an individual within the hand with whom we can negotiate - someone they will respect, who can speak for them."

Ricker sat back in his chair and stroked his beard thoughtfully, glancing over at Hassarian playing his game of regicide. "Depending on who this individual is - and how familiar he is with the captain - I will either present myself as Hassarian, or as his designated representative who can speak for him."

"And if we have to vent the compartment, Will?" Bechensale was aghast.

Ricker shrugged. "Then we vent the compartment, Katie."

"You've been listening to those tall-tales the midshipmen spread about you, Will!" she exclaimed. She tapped him on the temple with a long forefinger. "Astropathic transmission from the Throne to Commander Ricker!" she chided. "You can't actually breathe the void!"

"You'd be surprised."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 14, 2017, 02:49:35 AM
"That we shall do Ricker" growls Bane. "Petrus! Any idea on how we can actually locate any of these Throne-forsaken heretics? I will not bear the presence of foul traitors on this ship and I will definetly NOT allow them to reamin here any longer!" he croaks with barely contained fury, while fingering the pommel of his sabre.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 14, 2017, 09:01:22 AM
@Everyone:

Taken aback lightly by your tone and demeanor Petrus steps back slightly 

"Well, it would have to be a place that thy feel safe..." it's almosr as if you see a spark go off behind his eyes

"That's it! So we know that The Hand are totally against human augmentation  right? So they must have a central location that is free of most tech so they can worship no?"

He scratches his chin

"Perhaps a uninhabited deck or maybe a nest of old shipping containers? No that's to obvious..."

He reaches up the combed

"A Mechanics Shrine would be a good place to hide. Right in plain sight"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 14, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
Bane looks around the assembled people. "Where is the nearest one?" he asks quietly, a storm brewing behind his eyes.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 14, 2017, 07:08:29 PM
Hearing the chatter, and the forming plans, Desmond turns back to Corlin with a new sense of urgency. "It seems matters are snowballing rather quickly. I need whatever information you have on the cult NOW. Do you have any information on their leadership? Or where they might be based? My comrades suspect they might be hiding at or near a Mechanicum shrine. Does your information confirm this?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 18, 2017, 03:45:06 PM
@Gankom:

"There is a shrine near here. Although, I have only ever seen it used by the same Enginseers time and again." Corlin responds

He raises an eyebrow

"Enginseer Lek's superior, Phobis uses the Shrine quite a bit. You probably met him when you first came down here, you know the one with the wierd eye augs,  he always likes to get the new comers, oddly friendly of him, being a son of mars and all"   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 21, 2017, 09:37:15 AM
"Well that's ominous." Desmond say's cheerfully. "Talk about hiding in plain sight."

He'll quickly vox the others to let them know the theory before continuing. " Well perhaps we should go have a talk with him. Do you have any idea about their numbers? And I asked your mistress this previously, but do you think this cult could be reasoned with?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 24, 2017, 01:47:06 AM
@Gankom:


"That would depend on who has the Silver Tounge Master" Corlin says smiling "A brute is unlikely to reason with them. Though they do use honour duels to settle disputes. I supose a brarbarian may come in handy then"

Corlin pauses and seems to zone out for a minute before coming back to reality.

"I supose that The Hand may well have over 1000 members total, but I think no more then handfull are at the shrine at any given time"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 26, 2017, 10:18:11 PM
"Right then, lets get back to my fellow officers." Desmond replies, looking at the deck mistress. "I'd rather we try and keep things peaceful, but we're running out of time regardless."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 28, 2017, 09:28:39 AM
"Any luck Desmond? asks Icarus with a slight scowl on his face. "I'm having a feeling that we're walking in circles. We really need to get to the bottom of this shit show" he adds, with a slight growl under his breath.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 29, 2017, 03:08:13 PM
"Possibly, but nothing concrete." Desmond admits. Then he'll fill the others in on what he has leanred. Especially the possible meeting place at the tech shrine, as well as the general feeling they can be negotiated with. "The desk mistress' intelligence also suggested they use honor duels to settle matters, perhaps we can arrange something that allows you to take your anger out on them while also helping bring them back to the Captain's service."

He rubs his chin and sighs. "We just have to actually make contact of course, but perhaps this Tech priest Phobis knows more then he originally told us."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 31, 2017, 08:51:05 AM
"So let's not waste any more time and contact this Phobis! I want this situation to be done with as swiftly as possible" Bane is clearly getting impatient and angry. "I'm still not convinced about the whole bringing them back thing. They are heretics after all..." he adds with slight growl in his voice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 31, 2017, 05:27:35 PM
"Ah but the Emperor wishes redemption for his people. I'd rather they die for the captain, then die fighting the captain." Desmond replies happily, slapping the hulking manner on the shoulder in a friendly manner. (Or at least as high as he can reach.) "Although your right that we've wasted enough time on this venture. We still have that dread pearl thing to find, and Jace's booze to drink.'

"Lets go confront this Phobis. We can get Ricker to start monitoring communications in the area, hopefully, or at least keep an eye on the tech priest."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 31, 2017, 06:36:41 PM
@Everyone


"Alright then" Malik says "I supose I'll lead the way"

With that she waves you after her. Garruss stays behind in order to rally some house troopers, he will catch up later.

You all descend back in to the darkness, the warm, now very home like glow of the deck center long behind you. You can feel the shadows pushing in again, but with Malik as a guide, you don't feel that intimidated.

Soon enough to pass by the spot where you have your engagement with those Hand members. There is still blood all over the floor and walls especially where the grenade detonated.

"This where you got in to that scrap?" Malik asks as you walk.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 01, 2017, 09:40:21 AM
"Aye, it is" mutters Bane, holding one of his bolt pistols tightly. "They had those muscled, armoured freaks... Damn me, for I never wish to meet such monstrosities ever again" he adds darkly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 01, 2017, 04:24:22 PM
Desmonds nods along as well. "And dogs. I'm normally quite fond of dos, but these ones were a bit excessive."

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 02, 2017, 08:57:38 AM
"I hate dogs, especially ones that are more fiercer than an Arcadian Carnodon" mumbles Bane, while scanning his surroundings and treading lightly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 07, 2017, 05:24:20 PM
Malik nods "I have heard reports of strange hunting dogs and hulking warriors but I never put much stock in them" she says simply

"Supose I'll have to have my Observers take a look at their holfings once we find them"


You all round the final corner snd at last come face to face with the Maintenance Hub. The place where your jurny in tge Lower Decks began.


You have three choices. You may wait for Phobis to leave on his own, to either ambush him or follow him. You may storm the Hub and take him directly. Finally, you could choose to lure him out. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 12, 2017, 06:23:41 PM
(Ooc: sorry for the slowness guys. Been having some technical issues.)

Desmond would still prefer a fairly peaceful Avenue. Perhaps luring him out by saying we've found something. I know we left the engineers body but what about saying we have it and it has some interesting evidence?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 14, 2017, 11:08:45 AM
With no objections,  you all wait for the man himself to come out. Seen enough you see a red robed figure exit the Hub and start walking away from you.

Player prompt: Make an observation (per) check
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 14, 2017, 11:41:12 AM
"Let's tail the shady bastard" hisses Bane through his rebreather. "Let's see where he'll lead us, eh?". With that he begins to move slowly after the man, while also taking a cautious look around.

[Per. roll: 43]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 15, 2017, 02:31:14 PM
(Roll 46)

Desmond nods and quietly follows along.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 21, 2017, 09:14:04 PM
@Everyone:

"I wonder why he didin't see us?" Whispers one of the remaining House Troopers "He has augs for eyes right, surely....?"

Before the trooper is able to finish his thought Petrus hushes him by covering his mouth with a burn scared palm.

You all watch as the supposed Enginseer stops and looks about for a moment before continuing on his way. You folow for what seems like forever, until finally you see him enter a small alcove. You pause and wait in the darkness. Soon enough, Phobis now robeless and...

Almost entirely fleshy! Matter of fact he is entirely human from what you can see. He has switched from his robes to tge sleeveless bodyglove of black and brown leather. What you percived to be an augmented head was rather a, seemingly, a mask, as Phobis' head is nearly bald.

You watch as he starts to walk onwards.   


Player prompt: Make another Per check
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 23, 2017, 02:29:06 PM
"What in the..." mumbles Icarus, while rubbing his eyes. "Wasn't he supposed to be heavily augmented? What in the Warp is going on here?" Bane's voice cleary betrays his disbelief at what he saw. After a few seconds he clears his throat. "Dosen't matter. We follow him. Stay alert, check your corners. Safeties off" he growls, checking his own Bolt Pistols.

[Per. roll: 63]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 23, 2017, 03:46:59 PM
[Rolls; 52]

Desmonds eyes gleam. "Finally! We're getting somewhere!" He replies to Bane, quietly. He'll then continue to stalk forward and attempt to follow the man.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 24, 2017, 06:26:44 AM
"Yeah, deeper into the shit pit" mumbles Bane, following Desmond into the dark.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 29, 2017, 03:13:54 AM
@Everyone:

You stalks the man. As you pass the alcove, you notice there is a panel of sheet steel that looks roughly like a door

Player prompt: You have three options; you may enter and investigate, keep stalking or spilt up.   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 30, 2017, 01:34:40 PM
"You three" - Bane points to a trio of armsmen - "check that room". He looks at them intently and adds: "quietly". With a quiet command he signals to the rest of his party to move forward.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 03, 2017, 05:12:08 PM
Desmond is sticking with Bane. He'd rather take the man alive and make sure he doesn't get riddled with bullets again.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 05, 2017, 10:12:53 PM
GM Note: Everyone failed their per rolls! Just so we are clear that's 8 rolls!

@Everyone:


The House trooper at the front opens the door...

*Click*

Suddenly, all your ears are ringing, most of you are doubled over in pain, save Bane who is merely reeling.

As your vision clears you see a horrible sight. The first House Trooper who opened the door a is a shredded, very dead mess on the floor. Sheared in two at the waist, his organs are in tatters and various bits are scattered all abound the decking, his legs are about two feet away from the door but his torso is on the other side of the hall.

The rest of you are and riddled with shrapnel,  thankfully all of you are safe thanks to your flak or mesh armour. Bane is fine as is Carapace deflected whatever blast killed your friend. Though you are all showered in his blood!   


Player prompt: You all have -5 wounds, also roll fear (Will)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 06, 2017, 09:08:48 AM
Bane rushes to aid Desmond, while calling out to the rest of his team: "everyone, reporty warp-damn it!". With one hand on Desmond's shoulder, he points his bolt pistol at the smoking entrance, expecting a gang of maddened cultists to burst out through it at any time. "Ricker, we've been hit. They've booby trapped the doors, I've lost a man" Icarus rasps into his vox. "Can you scan the corridor ahead of us for any radio signals?".

[Roll: 95. Craaaaap]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 06, 2017, 04:28:57 PM
(Roll 24! It'll take more then an explosion and dead people to frighten Desmond!)

Desmond coughs and picks himself up off the floor. "I am getting really tired of trying to be friendly down here." He say's dryly, leaning on Bane a bit. "If we don't get some answers soon, I'm going to start supporting Jace's idea of venting the whole thing and finding a new crew."

He'll make sure his gun is ready and focus on the hallway to make sure nothing sneak attacks from that direction.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on September 08, 2017, 10:04:20 AM
"Scanning now, Icarus!" Ricker spun to face Bechansale. "Katie, can we get more auspices online?"

(Can someone make appropriate roll for me to do the scanning? And then report what I see to Bane and the others?)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 12, 2017, 04:46:47 PM
@Xath:

You feel like you have returnd to a time you would rather forget entirely. Your ears pound and you feel yourself shaking slightly. For the first time in a long time, you actullay feel a little frightened. How many more bombs are out there? How many men do they have? All questions you have asked many times before when you were in the Guard. 

***

@Gankom:

Per check: 91 fail

All you see down your sights is darkness

***

@DK:

Katie's Tech Use roll: 26 pass

Sometimes you remember why you have a love hate relationship with your job. And looking at the Auspices you can't help but feel some what useless. Though the devices are turning up nothing, you can help but feel you be down there with them. You would have been in the old day...

You gently grip Katies shoulder. It's frustrating being old.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 13, 2017, 01:21:21 PM
Icarus stumbles, muttering to himself, trying to get a grip. His hand is shaking, the bolt pistol clutched tightly in it, in danger of an early discharge.

[OOP: I'll try to get a grip on myself.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 13, 2017, 03:22:24 PM
Desmond puts a hand on Bane's shoulder to help steady him, but he's careful the massive man wont turn on him in his... issue. Still holding his gun at the ready he scans the hallway.

"Come on comrade! We're still in this fight!" He say's to Bane before turning to the others. "Form up men! Lets stay together here."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 20, 2017, 08:50:55 PM
@Everyone:

The House Troopers are still munb from the blast and don't hear their Seneschal's words, nor dose Bane, to wraped up in his own bad memories.

***

@Gankom:

Petrus breaks the silence

"Well Phobis must have heard that" he remtaks "Desmond I think perhaps with one dead and others fled perhaps we should investigate the room here?" He says pointing at the now bloody entry way. You notice that he seems unaffected by all this. "While catching him is paramount, running in to more of Phobis' traps is not idea."

Petrus scratches his stubbled chin

"Side which I think we are going to need bigger guns"

Your mind drifts back to the armout hulks and you cant help but agree. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 21, 2017, 01:14:19 PM
"Right, we shall consolidate, then move on" wheezes Bane, as he shruggs of Desmond's hand. "Follow me" he adresses his men, as he gathers his bearings and enters the, previously boob-trapped room, pistol in one hand and sabre in the other. "Keep it tight and check your corners" he barks to his team.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 21, 2017, 03:14:41 PM
Desmond nods to Petrus. "Agreed. Keep your eyes out for more traps troops. Tripwires and the like. We don't want any more deaths."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 23, 2017, 07:54:06 AM
@Everyone:

Much to your surprise the samall room is bigger that you expected. Though it still is only 15x15 square.

Though in reality there is only ten feet avaliable as a larget cabinet occupies the far corner. A small cot in the other. Thpigh dirty you can't help but think that it's rather hard to keep clean as Phobis keeps the room tidy. Everything is neatly stacked and out of the way.


Player prompt: Role Perception
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 25, 2017, 04:51:33 PM
(I rolled a 76! I'm counting on everyone else to be effective.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 28, 2017, 01:25:14 PM
(Rolled 59. This is going swimmingly...)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 28, 2017, 06:19:22 PM
(We are da best investigators Xath!)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 29, 2017, 10:02:41 AM
(We are da best investigators Xath!)

(Dat we are, ya Zog. WAAAAAAGH!!!)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 02, 2017, 03:12:58 PM
@Everyone:

Still stunned by the blast you don't see much. A chest sits against the far wall, a small portable writing desk and stool sit next to it.
across from it is a cot. upon it sits a mask.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 04, 2017, 11:22:14 AM
"Desmond, check out the chest. You there" - Bane barks towards one of the Armsmen - "Go and check that mask. Carefully". Icarus scans the room for any potential hostiles.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 04, 2017, 04:47:38 PM
Desmond just nods and moves carefully towards the chest. He likewise carefully examines the whole thing, especially for traps, before opening it to investigate the contents.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 05, 2017, 11:32:42 PM
An 84 for the house trooper and an 81 for Desmond! ::heretic::

@Gankom

You reach the chest and start looking it over and find the latch...

@Everyone:

The House trooper holds up the mask "Take a look at this..."

@ Gankom:

Before the hose trooper can finish you hear a sprang and suddenly fall! Looking at your leg you see a crossbow bolt plundged right up to the fletching in you left knee cap!

Gankon you are now immobilized and you take another 5 points of damage. You are lucky I rolled so low it was a d6 plus a d8!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 06, 2017, 09:08:17 AM
"Take cover!" - roars Bane, as he plunges towards Gankom and covers him with his body. "Contact! Check your targets!".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 06, 2017, 05:28:23 PM
@Xath:

Now that you are looking about you see a small hole in the chest right about where Desmond's knee would have been.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 06, 2017, 05:55:55 PM
"Bugger." Desmond swears as he topples over. "This is not turning out to be a good day."

Once things stop hurting him he'll take a look at himself and see what he can do about bleeding less.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on October 07, 2017, 12:11:43 PM
"I might go start on that bottle, Navigator . . . "
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 07, 2017, 01:21:45 PM
"Desmond, keep your head down" barks Icarus, as he trains his pistol on the chest and fires three bolts towards it. Just in case.

[BS roll: 98]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 16, 2017, 03:38:33 PM
@Xath:

You pepper the wall with bolt rounds...

@Everyone:

When things calm down, you all look at the chest. It seems like this Phobis really dosen't like people spying on him.

Petrus boldy walks up and opens the chest!

Nothing happens...

He rummages about the chest and stops short.

"Well this ain't good" Petrus holds up a simple lapel pin. It is in the shape of a shield, upon which, it a crest. That of a pair of crossed las rifles over a scales with laurels.

The symbol of The Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis.

"This you explains how they found you so quickly once you arived on Footfall" Petrus remaks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 17, 2017, 08:40:00 AM
"Bastards have their grubby, little fingers in all manner of rat-pies" grumbles Bane, while coming to the asistance of Desmond. "Ricker, these guys are affiliated with the Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis! This is getting serious. Do you see anything on a ship-wide scan? We're walking into more and more traps at every moment" Icarus spurts, frustratedly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on October 17, 2017, 08:26:11 PM
Bechensale turns to Ricker "Did he just ask for . . . ?" she gawped.

"Hmm-hum," affirms Ricker.

"Does he know how big this ship is? What it is? Does he know he is in the Void, Will?"

Ricker shrugs and waved his fingers vaguely. "Do what you can, Katie."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 18, 2017, 10:57:46 AM
@DK:

Tech use role for Katie-54 fail, Tech use role for Ricker-68 fail

Neither of you get anything on the ship scans

"Will" Hasarian starts "Would you kindly send a message to Icarus that I think it's time they come back. With the AOI on board we need to form a battle strategy"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on October 18, 2017, 10:15:34 PM
"Playtime is over, Mister Bane - please come home. Captain's orders."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 19, 2017, 02:04:00 AM
"What a wonderful job we did diplomatically." Desmond adds rather sarcastically. "Really solved this one eh?"

He shakes his head and limps over to the door. "Well lets get on with this. We've got a bigger problem now, but at least we have something more then when we started."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 19, 2017, 10:11:18 AM
"Son of a grox" mutters Bane under his nose, and then sighs heavily. "All right men, we're RTB. Captain's orders. Move out, standard defensive formation. You two - grab what's in that box". Icarus shoulders the body of his dead armsman and goes out into the corridor.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 19, 2017, 12:23:29 PM
@Everyone:

It takes you, what feels like an eternity to get things sorted. You take your dead comrade to the morgue. A small room detached from the deck's HQ and the decks medice assure you the remains will be taken care off.  Before Malik departs she says she will keep you updated on the Hand's movements and you all breath a sigh of relief as you finally step foot on the upper decks some time later. You return the shotguns to the armory and make your way to the bridge wehere Hasarian and Ricker are waiting for you.

"Whats this then?" Hasarian asks as the two house troopers set down the chest.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 19, 2017, 01:14:38 PM
"Desmond, would you mind?" mutters Bane, clearly still sour from all the failed engagements that they've partook in. "I think you'll be able to explain this better than me" he adds, with a slight rasp.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 23, 2017, 09:03:42 PM
@Everyone:

"Perhaps I should go over what we found?" Petrus asks at Desmond's silence

"It you would please, Petrus" Hasarian says

Petrus hands Hasarian the AOI pin and starts puling items out of the box.


Role perseption!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 23, 2017, 09:32:05 PM
(Oops sorry. I really thought I replies to this! I rolled 33 this time.)

"My apologies Captain." Desmond say's, exhausted. "It was a trying expedition. Especially considering it was my own efforts to make it a matter of diplomacy which seem to have led to... issue."

He motions towards the items Petrus is pulling out. "We do believe we have a suspect, or at least someone possibly involved in the death cult. Worse, it appears they may be linked in some way to Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 26, 2017, 12:27:47 PM
[Rolled 9. Pretty good, eh?]

Bane looks at the items with sharp eyes, analysing each and every one of them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 26, 2017, 09:47:09 PM
(If only we could have rolled like this before things starting exploding. I miss my kneecap.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on October 26, 2017, 10:13:23 PM
(Could the GM make a roll for Ricker?)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 26, 2017, 11:10:08 PM
(And someone make sure Jace is still alive and hasn't drunk himself to death in our absence.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 27, 2017, 12:00:06 AM
@DK:

Per role: 84

@Gankom & Xath:

Various items are removed, including one of the AOI's miss matched uniforms, a combat knife of Guard issue, a Navy revolver & a box of large bore ammo for it. Basic shaving kit, rations, make-up, Phobis' Tech-Priest disguise, everything a spy would need.

What is odd is that the chest yields no clues on how he got on board. 


@Everyone:

"Here is the mask" one of the house troopers says

Upon closer inspection, the mask is so well fitting that it is no surprise that, if worn under a hood in tje dark, that Phobis would be mistaken for having an augmetic head.


@Gankom:

You notice something about the mask. It possess a jack for a mind implus unit! A thing like this is far more high tech then what you have seen the AOI use. But then you have only encountered them once.

You show everyone and feel slightly embarrassed that you know so little of the AOI.

Petrus comes to your rescue by saying "From what I recall of the Administratum Oeconomica Imperialis, what you have there seems a little out of their depth. They are a paramilitay crimanal gang that deals in Guard and Navy surplus. What they have in terms of augmetics is mostly of the replaceable limb variety"


@Everyone:

"So then how did they get somthing like that?" Hasarian asks "Any ideas?"


Edit: Also with DS running the campaign over at OGB he won't be back for a while so...


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 29, 2017, 04:41:03 PM
"Well it certainly raises more questions. This death cult, the Hand, supposedly hates augmetics. So this man running around with an MIU raises a few eyebrows."

Desmond frowns and rubs his chin. "Perhaps this isn't just a cult or gang problem. Perhaps a rival rogue trader is using both as cats paws to work against us."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 31, 2017, 04:24:58 AM
@Everyone:

Hasarian sighs and walks over to the chest and starts going over the items that Petrus is pulling out.

"Only people out here who know about the Cult are my two younger brothers. Norris and Hanserik, they are supposed to be missing or dead. Desmond. Would you kindly write up a list of all the items in this chest..."   

Hasarian pauses looking at your wounds

"Never mind. Let's get you all patched up first"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 31, 2017, 01:14:55 PM
"Well this certainly looks suspicious" mutters Bane, under his nose. "Where can one get his hands on that kind of tech? I thought that the cog boys are rather strict about not letting their secrets out of their grubby, little hands" he adds with a mirthless chuckle, toying with the pommel of his sabre.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 01, 2017, 09:43:03 PM
"It's just a scratch sir!" Desmond replies bravely. "I'd rather get this over and done with sir. We need to figure out whats going on and start taking steps to stop it. I'll get patched up after our meeting here."

Desmond will take out his private data pad and start making a list and description of each item found.

"We should also perhaps keep an eye out for our fake tech priest and take him into custody if possible. Perhaps between us we have some... agents who could do so quietly?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 02, 2017, 08:55:32 AM
@Gankom:

"A scratch eh?" Hasarian asks "The fact that you haven't passed out from blood loss is solely based of Icarus not pulling that bolt out of your knee cap.  So I am puttihg my foot down.

@Xath:

He turns to you

"Icarus, would you help me with Desmond?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 02, 2017, 12:07:35 PM
"Yes sir!" Bane replies sharply, as he moves to help with tending Desmond's wounds.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 02, 2017, 09:10:23 PM
"Fine, fine! Heal me up." Desmond grumbles as if its ruining the fun.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on November 06, 2017, 11:03:59 AM
"And quit bleeding on my nice clean bridge!" Ricker exclaims. "I just had the servitors polish the rivets."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 06, 2017, 03:45:37 PM
@Everyone:

You all help get Desmond settled in. You all wait anxiously as the medices and their servitors star repairing Desmond leg.
***

@Gankom:

Medice role: 56 fail

There are some complications with your surgery...

Player prompt: Role Toughness
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 07, 2017, 02:12:59 AM
(Sigh. 79. It was a good leg. I'll remember it fondly.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 09, 2017, 06:19:12 PM
@Gankom:

During your trip below the would became infected. Though the Medics were able to save the leg, you will feel the effects.

Player notice: From now on you must always re-role for jumping, climbing & sprinting. You must always take the the worse of the two roles.

***

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 09, 2017, 06:48:12 PM
"Well that was unpleasant, but not complaining." Desmond replies, gingerly stretching his leg. "So what now captain? Do we start venting the ship and hope for the best or send Bane back with more troops?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 09, 2017, 06:56:31 PM
@Gankom:

"Well you are going to rest for a while Desmond. We shouldn't get you out of bed yet" Hasarian says

@Everyone:

"Matter of fact I think that goes for the rest of us" he orders "We have a long warp travel ahead. Besides which there is no hope of infiltrating The Hand now. Phobis has most likely gone to ground and honestly I would rather have the Hand below in case we are boarded, so no venting for now"

@Gankom:

"That said I still need those items logged, Desmond. I'll have some troopers bring Phobis' chest here so you can work from the comfort of your own rooms while you recover"

@DK:

"Will, would you kindly assist Desmond?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Darknight on November 09, 2017, 07:14:33 PM
"With pleasure - there's nothing more that an old voiddog enjoys than examining a good chest."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 11, 2017, 07:39:23 PM
Desmond will keep grumbling but follow the Captains orders. He will pass some notes along to his own agents to keep an eye out for any suspicious activity or sightings of Phobis.

"Wonderful. Got to spend my time doing paperwork with a man old enough to be my father." He adds sarcastically. "Assuming of course that he isn't actually my father. Some of the stories have rather a scary sequence of coincidence to them..."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 13, 2017, 01:37:28 PM
"Affirmative!" barks Bane. "With your permission I'd like to strengthen our defenses on the lower decks, in case The Hand would try anything... funny" he adds with a slight weeze.  "I will also prepare my men for immediate warp entry!".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 13, 2017, 09:57:54 PM
@Xath:

Hasarian chuckles "You must have taken some shrapnel Icarus. You already did that"

"Still it won't hurt to double check"

***

@Everyone:

Hasarian, Petrus, Bane and the house troopers file out of the room and head towards the bridge.
***

@Gankom & DK:

Soon a number  of troopers file in with the chest and it's contents

Player prompt: Both of you role Per & Int.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 13, 2017, 10:54:03 PM
(23 and 52! Take that stupid high rolls)

Desmond, trying to keep to much weight off his injured leg, settles down to catalog anything they pull out of the chest.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 14, 2017, 11:06:14 AM
"Better safe than sorry" mumbles Bane. "After all, a mind without purpose will walk in dark places" he adds, with a saged sigh.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 17, 2017, 03:36:00 AM
@Gankom & DK:

It takes you both over an hour to go through the items that you find. All mundane, save for the odd pice of obvious clothing ment for a disguise or other.

It it quite apparent that Phobis is very experienced at spying and infiltration. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 18, 2017, 06:58:31 AM
@Xath:

At last you finally get a chance to relax. Hasarian and Petrus are, along with you, are in the briefing room.  Ever thing is powered down at this moment.

You all seats as a servant brings a plate of Grox buns and Recaf.

"So Icarus, I thought you might wish to know a little bit about our rival's respective armies. Ask me anything you like."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 20, 2017, 06:53:32 PM
"Damn." Desmond curses, tossing an old shirt on the table. "We've got spies and death cults on our ship, and we're trying to go off on a grand space adventure."

He sighs and leans back. "Perhaps we need more agents among the lower crews. Maybe I should stop in with our in training courtiers and see if someone wants a job. Bah, they need more training first. We don't even know if their loyal yet."

Desmond will pull out his datapad and do a few searches, trying to see what he can find out both about this possible enemy organisation and to send some messages to his various agents and workers. See if anything new has cropped up, or any new leads. He'll also contact Malik and arrange to send them more gear and supplies from the armory. Not only did they help out, but he wants to make sure they stay loyal to the captain. Keeping in contact seems like a good idea.

(I'm assuming I can do such things from my datapad of course. If not he'll wander over to a terminal but will try not to do to much by public coms.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 21, 2017, 12:20:41 PM
"Force disposition, specialists, types of weaponry that they're using" Bane begins with a rasp. "I'd also like to know who's their field CO and anything about their armor and air capabilities" he adds, after a moment's consideration. This is one of the few times when Bane takes off his mask to enjoy the light meal. "Within what kind of theatre are our enemies especially profficient in operating? This can be extremly important" he adds, while massaging the mass of scar tissue around his lips.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 22, 2017, 01:33:13 PM
@Gankom:

It dose note take you long to get the datapad set up and ready to transmit

Player prompt: What is the message that you wish to send?

***

@Xath:

Hasarian nods

"I know the most about Sun L... Lady Ma'Kao. I have already mentioned that she is warrior bred and more than just a pretty face. She has trounced me in the dueling ring on a number of occasions... among other things."

"However I should mention that Her flagship is the light cruiser Nihontu, and it is accompanied by three smaller escorts. She is a  Dauntless class light cruiser and is 4.5 km long, .5 km abeam at fins. It has a crew of 65,000. It's armed the gills with Port & Starboard Ryza Pattern Plasma Batteries and has a Prow Mounted Dragon’s Breath Lance Weapon

Furthermore, the Nihontu carries an entire regiment from House Ma’Kao’s private guard. The Jade Serpents. Each warrior bears weapons and armour equal to those carried by the elite of the Imperial Guard. Honestly, I think that they give the Kasrkin a run for their credits. Hellguns, plasma weapons, bolters, battle tanks of all shapes and sizes. You name it, they have it.

However, there is good news for us. The Good Lady prefers that her loyal guards remain on her vessel, only to be called upon in the direst of emergencies. It is this sense of honour that defines Ma'Kao. She won't attack us out of turn."

He scratches his beard.

"Your thoughts before I go on?" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 22, 2017, 03:03:34 PM
"She dosen't like fightin' dirty, but I as hell do!" rasps Icarus. "If it comes to it, we should hit her on the weak spots, try to target the plasma batteries first. With a bit of luck on our side and by the grace of the Throne, a full-on hydrogen leak could prove disastrous. As for ship-to-ship boarding action, I'd advise against it". Bane rubs his chin a bit and then continues. "All of her pretty toy soldiers will be for nothing, if they won't get a chance to fight. We need to make sure that they won't." he adds with a slight growl.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 23, 2017, 06:02:26 PM
Making sure everything is properly encrypted for his agents;

Attention Agents. Keep an eye out for any strange happenings or events, especially related to the ship board cult known as The Hand. We have reports of possible enemy agents may be trying to get on board for reasons unknown. Pass along any such reports to myself or one of the high officers only. This is a priority matter, and the good of the ship depends on it. We cannot fail the Emperor in this.

Can Desmond arrange to send additional supplies to Malik from here or does he need to go talk to someone? He doesn't need to send much of a message, really just sending whatever goodies they might find helpful as a bonus reward.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on November 27, 2017, 09:41:11 PM
@Gankom:

You send your message just fine.

Player prompt: Would you like to get some rest or...?

***

@Xath:

Hasarian goes on

"I know little of Lady Armelen or her ship, The Grace of Sopha. I don't even know what class it is. However, I do know that she employs a Kroot Kindred and some Ogryn bodyguard, can't remember his name. Whatever the case, she also has a number of hired guns and mercenaries that form the bulk of her personal retinue and armed force. Why no house troopers I don't know. They say her family are down on the rocks so..."
 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on November 27, 2017, 11:17:38 PM
(Yup unless something that comes up needing his attention he'll get some rest and recuperate.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on November 28, 2017, 01:21:52 PM
"This one's should be easier" mutters Icarus. "Altough hiring Xenos... disgusting. Simply disgusting. I almost wish for a confrontation with that vile vixen" he chuckles mirthlessly. "Mercs and hired scum are easy to break, especially when the pay is shit. I wouldn't worry too much about them".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 01, 2017, 10:21:03 PM
@Gankom:

You rest

Player Note: All of your lost wounds return

***

@Xath:

Hasarian nods

"What you say is true"

He goes on

Jeremiah Blitz is, as I have said before, a man of action who relies first and foremost upon his own, personal resources. His inner circle are mostly confidants from his former two-credit criminal days. They are a hard bunch, mostly of the "I'll beat you to death" variety but a two or three are a step above that, the remainder of his forces tend to be Ex-Navy armsmen of a lower grade.

Not as skilled as the Jade Serpents, numerous as Armelen's Hired Guns or as experienced as House Hasarian's Shock Corps, Blitz' armsmen are still a threat.

The Ordained Destiny is a heavily modified Lunar class cruiser. It is 5 km long, 8 km abeam abeam at fins approx. 27 megatons approx. It has just about 80000 crew, with 2.5 gravities max sustainable acceleration.

Honestly Jeremiah’s vessel is a grand affair and impressive to behold. Some say beneath its gilded battlements and carved hull plates it is no match for a real cruiser. Those who have faced it, however, beg to differ. Emperor's balls, I've been on the receiving end myself!

Jeremiah—having won the vessel along with his Warrant— has never seemed entirely comfortable with the level of ostentation, but also treats his vessel with a certain back-handed affection"

Hasarian pauses and takes a sip of his recaf

"I know nothing about it's guns. Jeremiah constantly swaps out the ship's weapons so his foes never know what he is armed with. It adds an element of risk when attacking him and always keeps you guessing"

Hasarian grabs a Grox Bun

"Jeremiah and I have known each other for a long time, just over a decade as a matter of fact. In that time we have been friends and foes on a number of occasions. No hard feelings though, we both know it's just business. In this case we seem to be allies or at least working under a unspoken, non-aggression-pact. I doubt we need to worry about him.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 05, 2017, 01:47:37 PM
"Then we should keep it that way" barks Bane, while lifting his rebreather and helping himself to a piece of grox meat. "We need to keep our allies close to us, especially if they're dangerous. All the same, my Lord, I would advise caution when dealing with that man. A scum is a scum, even if he owns a fancy ship" growls Icarus, with mouth full of meat. "My top priority will be to watch out for that xeno-loving bitch. I can't stand heretics, and those of xeno-loving kind especially". Bane's face flushes red with anger, as he says these words.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 05, 2017, 08:52:13 PM
Groaning against the stiffness, Desmond will get up and join the others to figure out their next move.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 06, 2017, 03:09:20 PM
@Xath:

Hasarian nods.

"Yes. A person in her lack luster position will do anything to win."

You chat for several more hours before getting some sleep.


@Everyone:

After a few days of no eventful happenings on board  you drop out of the warp.  Hasarian calls you all to the bridge. One by one you all file in. Bane and Lockhart arive first, followd by Jace. Pyke hobbles in last. Of course Ricker & Bechensale are always on the bridge.

You all stare out the viewing ports in shock. Before you is a blue-green marble floating in space. No Warp Storm!

This is not the planet you're looking for.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 06, 2017, 09:08:26 PM
Frowning, Desmond will move over to the proper console and begin scanning the area and planet.

"This is... not really what I was expecting. It's a pretty looking planet for one." he say's wryly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 07, 2017, 12:44:10 PM
"What in damnation..." mutters Bane, his jaw almost slack behind his rebreather. "Where are the Warp Storms? What trickery is this?" he asks with shock in his voice.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 11, 2017, 02:02:50 PM
@Gankom:

As you scan the planet a blurb of text appears on your screen. It appears to be from an Explorator vessel that stopped here over a century ago. You relay the info to your friends.

"This star is now catalogued by the abbreviated astrographical reference Quppa-Psi. The world is the twelfth of twenty-one major stellar bodies orbiting the star, and is therefore referred to as Quppa-Psi-12."

Quppa-Psi-12 appears to be a verdant, green planet from orbit, its surface dotted by innumerable large lakes and small, what seem to be, inland seas. Obviously sufficient water is to be found in the subsoil to support the verdant plant life that covers the majority of the planet’s surface, although the equatorial regions seem noticeably dryer scrublands and the poles have small ice caps. The remainder of the planet’s liquid reserve may very well be found in a light cloud layer, which is concentrated in gentle belts around each of the tropics. Lacking as it does any major surface water features, Quppa-Psi-12’s weather system seems remarkably stable, with only slight variations in weather patterns across its surface.

The vegetated areas of the surface are most dense at the tropics, and consist of sub-tropical forests. These are largely dominated by a range of tall, fern-like trees, many of which reach heights in excess of twenty metres. Where these are especially thick, the forest floor is devoid of other plant life, it should make the going easy beneath the shade of the thick canopy above."


***

@Everyone:

"So that's it's geography eh?" Hasarian remarks "Certainly seems like we have the wrong place"

He glances at Jace

Jace shrugs "Don't look at me"


***

@Gankom:

You press on with the Explorator's report

"Quppa-Psi-12 teems with fauna, the vast majority of it insectoid. A high proportion of oxygen in the atmosphere has allowed many of these species to attain an impressive size, with the largest of their kind, a sinuous, wasp-like creature with three separate sets of wings along its thorax, so large it could pose a threat to a lightly armed shuttle. Although broadly classifiable as insects, such creatures exhibit a wide range of features; multiple sets of wings, hundreds of legs, and even more than one head.

A staggering variety of amphibious life can be found near the lakes and seas, most of which eats the insects. These range from tiny, blood-sucking frogs to gargantuan, newt-like beasts with prehensile tongues used to capture the largest flying insects. The most common forms of animal life the we have encountered are described in the following column. Note, that none of these beasts have been given proper names, only handy nicknames, because none of us has ever been in a position to catalogue them up close:

Crimson Stingers: A swarm of bright red, flying insects, each about the size of a clenched fist, with a vicious proboscis. These creatures are encountered beneath the fern canopy, and are attracted to their prey by scent. 

Dragon Hornet: A single, almost luminous, green flying insect the size of an Aquila shuttle. Although the beast is slow and cumbersome in its flight patterns, it has sufficient bulk to crush an Explorer caught in the open or to inflict damage on a vehicle. 

Whippers: Packs of fast, ground-based insects, with a dozen legs, twice as many eyes, and barbed stingers at the ends of their whip like tails. They are well-camouflaged amidst the dried leaf litter of the forest floor and will lie in wait for their prey, leaping from their hiding places in a well-coordinated ambush.

These creatures pose a threat to any who step foot on the planet. Any future exploration undertaken by this vessel shall be done with servitors only from this point on.

There is nothing further to report.

-Magos Fenk 821 M41"


***

@Everyone:

Hasarian gets up and walks over the the view port to get a better look and the planet with his own eyes.

A smile splits the his massive black beard

"So virgin territory?" Hasarian seem to be bursting with excitement, almost like an overcharged Las Pack "Please tell me that we can go down there Desmond. Please tell me we can find a landing site?"

You all realize at this moment, that this, the exploration of the unknown, may be Hasarian's purpose in life.


***
@Gankom:

Going over the scans you do find a sparse patch of land that you could land an shuttle.

Player prompt: Role Int.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 11, 2017, 02:39:42 PM
"I'll gather some men, make sure that we'll be ready to drop, as soon as we'll be in range" barks Icarus, while grabbing the nearest vox-communicator. "I will also speak with the armory. We'll need to make sure to go there as heavily armed as possible and be ready for everything" he adds, while pressing runes on the ancient machinery.

[Bane will now gather 2 squads of 20 men each, arm them, make sure that the vehicles are propped and ready and do whatever else needs to be done, before making a planetfall.]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 11, 2017, 07:36:09 PM
Hasarian isn't the only one lighting up with excitement. Desmond tries to stick to his job and think of the profits, but exploring unknown territory is even more exciting.

"Good be a good location for a colony chief!" Desmond shouts out, still reading every scan he can. "Just need to find some settlers, and maybe kill off some of the bigger beasties."

His eyes gleam. "Although speaking of the beasties, why not get a few specimens while we're down there? Some magos pay a fortune for them alive or dead!"

Desmond does intent to be prepared for this expedition this time. He makes sure to grab half a dozen grenades or so and clip them onto his belt or stuck in a satchel. Also a med kit for when things inevitably go terrible.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 16, 2017, 02:56:24 AM
@Xath:

You hand select the 40 men you are taking with you. You could equip them all and standard Guard kit and power up 5 Chimeras to act as your transports.

However you could equip your units with Navy style equipment and use Rhinos instead.


Player prompt: Which would you prefer?

*** 

@Gankom:

It is left to you to gather the needed suplies. A months rations, prefabs to set up a command post, cogitators, etc.

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 18, 2017, 12:03:40 AM
While preparing Desmond will also do scans to look for any landmarks of interest, especially an initial site to set up. Once he's got his grenades and medkit, he'll set up a dedicated link between him and Ricker then join Bane in the hanger with the supplies and troops.

(How many grenades can one carry at once without overloading? I want to be prepared this time.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 18, 2017, 12:14:15 AM
@Gankom & DK:

Much to your surprise, a gnarled old hand slaps you on the back!

You turn and see Ricker's grinning face. Fully geared up too!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 18, 2017, 02:10:12 PM
Icarus will arm his men in navy gear and choose Rhinos as the preffered transports. After all, they are better all-terrain vehicles for a mission like this.

Bane wants to make sure that for every 10 men, one has a flamethrower or a thermal weapon of some sorts. Also med kits, survival kits and extra rations are a must. Spare grenades (especially krak) are also needed. Rhinos will have stormbolters and HK missile launchers, if possible. We'll also need 2-3 snipers, 2 medics and 2 demo-experts with breaching charges and melta bombs.

After that Icarus walks to Desmond and Ricker, and consults with them all the necessary details of the mission.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 23, 2017, 12:02:34 AM
@Gankom:

Tech Use/Inr role: 23 pass!

It is a little hard to find a landing site, however you do find one with enough open ground to set up a base camp.

***

@Xath:

The transfer of equipment goes well and soon enough you have all your men and equipment onboard.

***

@Everyone:

You all go over the plan

Player prompt: Now would be a good time to brain storm
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 23, 2017, 01:40:30 AM
"Captain, comrades, I suggest we get the base camps et up and defensible first and foremost. What little information we have suggests some dangerous wildlife, we need to be prepared for that. Once basecamp is arranged we can begin sending out expeditions. Looking for valuable resources, noticeable landmarks, etcetera."

Desmond taps away on his datapad for a few moments. "Although it does leave us with another question as well. Those witches and their visions led us here. It must be for some kind of reason. Whatever that reason is, it means we might not be the only Imperials in the system. Our fellow rogue traders are just as likely to be here snooping around."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on December 25, 2017, 09:48:46 AM
"I will take care of the perimeter security" barks Bane. "My men will clear a patch of forest and we'll create a defensive cordon with our Rhinos. We'll erect some haphazard guard towers for snipers to use. We'll also need the cogboys to install some early-warning alarms around the edge of the forest" he adds, while rubbing his chin. "I've armed our team with a mix of flamers and shotguns, so they'll be really handy in a CQC-type of firefight and also great for clearing out the jungle. Anything tougher than your ordinary saurian will get a breaching charge to the face."

Icarus looks at Ricker expectantly. "We will need some eye in the sky. I'd much rather know about any potential hostile activities, before they'll hit us. And gentlemen..." he pauses for a second "they will hit us eventually. We need to be ready and on alert at all times".

Bane looks at Hassarian. "My Lord, I suggest that you'll wait on the ship, before we'll clear the area and make sure that it is safe for you to land".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 31, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
@Everyone:

Hasarian roles his eyes

"Alright Icarus, if that makes you feel better. The Rhinos may be a bit crampt, we have fewer of those than Chimeras. Do you think we will need armour support? I'm sure there is a an old Malcador languishing in the hold somewhere."

He pauses

"Yes indeed Desmond, sound thinking. Make sure things are ready for quick deployment of the pre-fabs"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 31, 2017, 06:19:40 PM
"Rodger that captain!"

Desmond will work closely with the crew to make sure all the prefab structures are ready. He'll also keep a close eye on the supply list to make sure everything Bane wants is delivered prompt and on time.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 09, 2018, 06:06:19 AM
@Gankom:

It is easy engough for you to keep track of suplies. The pre-fabs are somewhat of a pain in the ass to load, but you get it done.

Hasarian glances at Ricker

"Kat's going to be handling coms yes?"

Ricker nods

"Right then. Desmond, would you kindly set up a line of communication with her please?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on January 12, 2018, 03:07:22 PM
"We will take the tank M'Lord. More firepower is always better than less." Bane, checks something on his data slate. "Do we have any spare Valkyries or Vendettas? Some CAS in that kind of scenario would be very helpful."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 12, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
Desmond will step back a few paces so that he can hear clearly, before setting up communications with Katie.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 15, 2018, 04:10:52 PM
@Gankom:

You find Katie soon enough. How a young woman like this is Ricker's girlfriend you still have no idea.

It takes you a moment but you are able to set of a line of communication.

Before you leave Katie grabs your hand

"You'll take care of him right? Hes getting up there in years"


@Xath:

It takes a bit but you eventually find the old Malcador Defender. Fortune smiles upon you it seem as the venerable pattern Tank still runs.

While a bit of a Grox to get it loaded, you do so without to much trouble.

"Ever seen one of those old girls before Icarus?" Hasarian asks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 16, 2018, 12:04:54 PM
While Icarus, Bane and Hassarian prepared for planetfall, Jace retreated to the holy Venture's observation dome. Peering at the stars through diamond panes  and armoured glass, he wondered how in Holy Terra's name they had ended up here. The ritual had been performed correctly- of that he had no doubt. True, the witches might have given him false information, although he doubted it. For one, there was nothing stopping Hassarian and the other rogue trader captains from simply returning to Footfall and eliminating the witches, as retribution for the wild goose chase, which was something the wretched creatures no doubt would've thought of.

So, he assumed the witches had provided the proper intel, and was confident the ritual had worked as intended. That meant there was something about this planet, something important. But what? It was a fine planet, he supposed- Jace had been double-checking his calculations rather than listen to the Explorator's report with more than cursory attention, but from what he remembered, it was a perfectly inhabitable, if unremarkable planet, with some sort of verminous Xenos infestation. Not the sort of thing you'd expect to find at the end of a witch-granted vision.

He spent his time studying the stars, using the terminals in the center of the cold steel room to perform his calculations. Getting here by vision was all well and good, but he wanted to be able to simply follow a chart here as well. He made periodical returns to his Navigator's hub, using his equipment there to determine the location of the Astronomican, before visiting the observatory again and calucaltion their position from the stars surrounding them. Using both as reference points, and consulting the information in his Almanac Astrae Divinitus, he tried to plot a course between Footfall and this newly discovered planet. If Hassarian wanted to colonize this planet, then he'd need to be able to find it more easily than by following a witch's vision.

His curiosity satisfied, Jace went to find Hassarian. 'Captain, if I may,' he began. 'With the ship in orbit, I feel there is little I can contribute here. I therefore request permission to join the landing party and investigate the planet first-hand. ' His jaw tightened at the prospect of walking undeneath an open sky. ' Distasteful, I admit, but it might produce valuable results. Perhaps I can discover why the witches' vision led us here, or perhaps even find a clue as to how we can use this planet to locate the Pearl.' He draws closer, adding, 'I remain confident that this is where the witches intended for us to end up, I just can't figure out why.'

He shrugged, half-smiling, 'Well, other than assuming the lot of them was stark raving mad, and they sent us here because they felt it would be funny. But let's not assume that just yet.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 16, 2018, 12:53:43 PM
@DS:

"Alright Jace, you can come. Just be careful" Hasarian says "We could use and extra gun anyway. You'll be working with Icarus and Ricker"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 16, 2018, 04:41:54 PM
Desmond does his best to console Katie. "Have no fear Katie, he's going planetside with some of the finest men in the Imperium. Even discounting my remarkable self, we also have Bane and I pity the xeno that tries to mess with him. Ricker will be back in no time, with even more stories to share endlessly over the vox."

He'll also spend time triple checking the vox link to make sure they can contact the ship at all time.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 17, 2018, 08:28:03 AM
'Then with your leave, captain, I shall go and join the landing party.' He bows his head in deference, and goes to find the others.

Coming across Desmond and Katie, the corners of the Navigator's mouth curl upward somewhat, although his eyes remain emotionless as ever. 'Miss Bechensal, Seneschal Pyke. My apologies for not checking in with you earlier- guiding the ship through the warp with only the ritual's outcome to go on was... Taxing. I wanted to inform you, however, that I will be joining the landing party- I have no idea why we ended up at this planet, but I will not find out aboard the Holy Venture.'

Turning to Katie, he continues. 'I may require the ship's computers from time to time, however, to perform some of the more complex calculations. Since you are in charge of comms, I would appreciate you helping me out in this regard.' He smiles reassuringly. 'Nothing too taxing- I will simply need you to enter some numbers into a computer, and tell me what the machine spirit spits out again. If you are up for it?'

'Also,' he continues, 'it seems odd to me that this planet has not been claimed by the Imperium yet. It seems bountiful, does it not, seneschal? Regardless, I am curious whether the Imperium has established a route to this planet, and if so, why it has not bothered to colonize it.'

'Either way, exciting times ahead,' Jace says, rubbing his hands together. 'What do you think we will find down there, mister Pyke?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 17, 2018, 02:41:25 PM
"Hey Jace, good to see you out of your room." Desmond replies somewhat less formally, smiling. "You missed a hell of a shindig down in the lower decks. Prior surveys of the planet suggested a variety of alien lifeforms that could be dangerous. The Captain's already lighting up, thinking about a new colony and exploring the real unknown."

Desmond adjusts his belt and gun holster before continuing. "However, both Bane and I are concerned about more intelligent danger. The witches vision led us here, which I believe means we can expect more rogue traders. The Emperor alone knows what else. Pirates maybe? If they catch the scent of the chase, and Footfall no doubt leaks like a sieve, we could find lots of hostiles."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 17, 2018, 04:01:31 PM
'Of course,' Jace sighs, 'because if it isn't some mindless beast, we need to look out for our fellow man, waiting to drive a knife in our backs. Well, best get started as soon as we are ready. The earlier we set up our operation, the more we'll be prepared with the arrival of our competitors. By the way, did you ever get around to further training those ex-slaves we picked up at Foorfall? They might come in handy should we come across, ah... intelligent dangers, as you say.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 17, 2018, 05:28:07 PM
Hi guys,
I had an invite to join the party. I have no real experience with this type of game but I’ve been reading it for a year now. If you give the thumbs up, I can join in your group as the priest Petrus to give some spiritual uplift (😸). Let me know what you think. I won’t be insulted if the lack of experience nets me a thumbs down ☠️
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 17, 2018, 05:58:10 PM
(I am glad you could make it AG. If you have any questions or thoughts that are not "In Character" Ie not as as yourself not Petrus, please post them in this thread.

Link: http://warhammer-empire.com/theforum/index.php?topic=51435.575

In short responses as Petrus here and as yourself in the thread linked above.  :happy:)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 17, 2018, 06:44:35 PM
Righto! I realized my gaff as soon as I hit post lol
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 17, 2018, 10:29:46 PM
Petrus has come in quietly and unobtrusively. Listening to the ongoing conversation, he tunes into Jaces question about the ex slaves.
‘What is the spiritual fortitude of our new comers? Perhaps they should be reintroduced to the light of the emperor before we arm them. We may be surprised at their talents’. His thoughts momentarily drift to his beginnings as he scratches at his stubble.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 18, 2018, 09:34:35 AM
Jace regards Petrus for a moment, an emotionless look on his face, without saying anything. Finally, he replies, 'we saved them from a life of slavery and gave them the opportunity to leave. I imagine they are thankful for that, at least. As for their spiritual fortitude, I would imagine you to be better suited to judge such matters.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 18, 2018, 01:15:36 PM
‘The Emporer saved them through our souls,  you mean to say’ the same mask of emotionless returned. ‘When there is time, I will attend to this flock and see how they may repay their gratitude. Till then, preparations must be attended too.’
His chainsaw strapped to his back and his volcano oiled and blessed, he moves to the party.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 18, 2018, 07:04:03 PM
Desmond will smoothly step between the two and help guide the little party back to the hanger to meet with Bane. "I'm sure the poor soul's could use some proper ministrations Petrus. We are afterall training them to take on a complicated job that requires absolute loyalty to us. No doubt you can help with that."

"Still, thanks to Jace's negotiations we did save them from being sold off to someone else. Life under Captain Hassarian will be far better then some of the other options." He sighs theatrically. "I'll need to continue their intrigue training, I got distracted trying to deal with that Hand business. Perhaps if the planetside search starts to drag I'll come back to the ship to work on it."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 18, 2018, 07:56:24 PM
‘Indeed, I will make myself available to that end....and Jace should be commended for allowing these souls the opportunity to bathe in the emperors light.’
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 18, 2018, 10:36:41 PM
'My pleasure,' Jace replies matter-of-factly. 'No doubt they will be more useful serving the captain, and by extension the Imperium, than by doing whatever menial task the slaver's clients had in mind.'

Turning to Desmond again, a subtle frown appears on his forehead, making him seem almost concerned. Almost. 'I had heard your dealings with the Hand did not go as expected, but I've not had a chance to review the full debrief,' he admits. 'I trust you both and master Bane returned unscathed?' A hint of a smile played on his lips. 'Perhaps simply switching off life support for that section of the ship would have been more prudent after all?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 18, 2018, 10:45:26 PM
"Well my knees going to ache more then it use to, but we got out more or less. Got a few more leads, including an imposter tech priest, but otherwise we've had to move on to more important priorities." Desmond grimaces and rubs his injured knee. "I'll admit, venting the damn levels certainly would have been quicker. We did make contact with some loyal ships crew that I'm hopeful could be useful."

He waves his hand vaguely downward. "Now we get to go planet side. The Hand's probably lying low right now, but I don't think I'll sleep better just because things are trying to eat me instead of stab me."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 19, 2018, 08:22:01 AM
Jace nods thoughtfully. 'I... Have to admit, dealing with voracious fauna is something I had hoped never to have to deal with again. I did so once, and... Well, it was not an experience I wish to repeat. However, if suppose that if we want any answers about why we are here, we will not find them in orbit.'

He smiles then, putting the subject aside. 'But such is for me to worry about. There is a whole planet down there, ripe for the taking, if only we reach out to take it. Do you imagine it will be a valuable asset? Extending the God-Emperor's reach is its own reward, of course, but valuable minerals would certainly sweeten the pot, as they say.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 19, 2018, 03:19:34 PM
@Everyone:

You gather together and embark on the shuttles.

At first everything goes smoothly however, what begins as a seemingly routine atmospheric insertion soon turns out to be a very rough ride indeed. As the shuttle descends, the formerly-serene atmosphere churning around the shuttle as it penetrates the ionosphere. The clouds darken and you feel the hair at the back of your necks stand up. Matter a fact you feel like you did at the foretelling! This now very unnatural storm about you forces Ricker to make a hard landing, all the while buffeted by gale force winds and lightning!

You feel the shuttle hit the tree tops and feel the now severed bits of wood bouncing off the hull.

You hit the dirt with a meaty smack of metal on mud and slide to a stop. Other impacts near you tell tale that the rest of the shuttles mad it.


@Gankom:

Katie's voice comes over the coms, slight distorted.

"Pyke, you guys okay?" he says "You veered off course. You are 50 kilometres away from your landing zone.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 19, 2018, 03:42:13 PM
'And you complained about the ritual,' Jace remarks, his voice indignant. 'This is why I normally prefer to remain on the Holy Venture.' Turning to Ricker, Jace takes a moment to recuperate before asking 'what do the readings say, master Ricker? Is the air breathable? It would be rather embarrassing to step outside and suffocate on whatever passes for atmosphere on this planet.'

Closing his eyes, Jace will let his consciousness momentarily slip into the reality between realities, hoping to find anything that will provide a clue as to why the ritual sent them here.

[OoC: Psynisience test, please! Interested in finding out what we just felt making planetfall, if there's any disruptions in the immaterium, whether there's anything on the planet shows up as psyker...]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 19, 2018, 03:49:16 PM
@DS:

Psynisience 89!  ::heretic::

There is a very high level of of psy energy here but it's like a fog for you at the moment and you can't sense much
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 19, 2018, 05:32:01 PM
"yes, this seems like a normal day at work." he replies to Jace before tapping his microbead. "Katie, we're alive. For now anyways. Some kind of storm brewed up and we came down a bit harder then expected. What's our current location look like?"

He turns to the others. "Katie say's we're 50 klicks off from our planned landing. That uh, didn't feel like a normal storm to me."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 19, 2018, 05:42:01 PM
A ghost of a smile passes over petrus’s face as he looks from Desmond  to Jace. ‘Tainted?’ He says to Jace.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 19, 2018, 06:09:03 PM
Jace looks straight ahead, wearing a frown on his face, before he slowly starts to nod. 'I... Think so. This place... It is definitely unnatural. Very much so. But it is difficult to say exactly how tainted it is.' He looked up at his companion's faces, realizing he wasn't making much sense. 'Imagine falling into a large body of water at night. Everything tells you that you are submerged- the temperature, the water's pressure, the fact that your lungs are burning,' he explains. 'But you cannot say with certainty which way is up, or how deep the pool is or how far beneath the surface you are... Or what else is in the water with you.'

He shrugs apologetically. 'I'll have to meditate further on this, later. Right now my mind is still reeling from the rocky descent.' He turns to Richter, asking 'is the shuttle's machine spirit still willing to transport us? Can we simply lift off and fly to the correct location? I can't imagine a fifty kilometre stroll through untamed woodlands being beneficial to our health.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 19, 2018, 06:41:37 PM
@Everyone:

Ricker shakes his head

"Looks like we are hoofing it" Hasarian remaks
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 19, 2018, 06:50:15 PM
"Well at least I'm enjoying Jace get poetic about our situation." Desmond adds. He'll getup and see what can be scrounged from the crashed shuttle that's worth taking on their soon to come hike.

"I suppose we'd better tell Katie to hold on sending any others. Don't want our forces all crashing down across the planet just yet."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 19, 2018, 07:53:00 PM
‘I had planned to use my chainsword to cleave unholy flesh, I suppose I can use it to clear tainted vegetation.’ Petrus mutters to know one in particular.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on January 22, 2018, 05:28:31 PM
@Gankom:

Observation role: 73 fail

You Find nothing worth taking

@Everyone:

You exit the shuttle and take a look around.

You find yourselves amidst verdant fern forests teeming with insect life and resounding with their strange calls. You explore your immediate surroundings for a short time, but soon you hear the sounds of a million buzzing wings. Suddenly a large insectoid ceature swoops down from the trees! It seems that your shuttle has attracted the attentions of a  massive Dragon Hornet, the apex predator on this planet. The beast obviously sees the shuttle as some form of prey (or perhaps a mate), you see it impale the shuttle with its massive stinger!

You have a few moments at least, before the creature realises that the shuttle is not edible and turns it's attentions towards you.


Player prompt: You may fight the creature, or flee in the jungle.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on January 22, 2018, 07:39:46 PM
Jace's eyes go wide at the sight of the beast, his face a mask of fear not borne of the creature itself, but of his memories of similar beings. Quickly he draws his pistol, stepping back, away from the creature, subconsciously putting as much distance- and armsmen- between it and himself. 'Captain,' he whispers urgently, his voice trembling, 'I suggest we attack the creature out in the open, rather than risk dealing with it among the trees- where it no doubt has the advantage over us.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on January 22, 2018, 08:09:12 PM
"Ah yes, fighting the apex predator. Who doesn't like a good hunt?" Desmond adds, more then a little sarcastically. He too takes a step behind the closest armsman and draws his pistol.

"Gah, I'd almost say run for it, but that thing likely has more experience hunting around these parts."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on January 22, 2018, 08:28:57 PM
Taking their lead, he draws his volcano and begins his prayers and aims for the creatures eyes. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 02, 2018, 02:53:57 PM
"In the Emperor's name, open fire!" roars Bane to his men and comrades. "Full saturation, aim for it weak points for massive damage", he adds, as he unholsters his twin bolt pistols and starts blazing away with them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 02, 2018, 03:45:55 PM
Combat!:

Initiative order:

Icarus & House Trooper #1

Desmond & House trooper #2

Petrus & Jace

House Trooper #3

Dragon Hornet (your foe)

Hasarian

Ricker with House Troopers 4&5


@Xath:

Icarus sprays the nearby area with bolt pistol rounds but hits nothing as the Dragon hornet, now detached from the shuttle, simply buzzes out of the way!

@Everyone:

The House Trooper next to Icarus opens fire with his shotgun just a milliseconds later, but misses!

***

Player prompt: what would you like to do Gankom & co?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 02, 2018, 04:19:45 PM
Desmond will get ready to dodge if it comes his way, but otherwise carefully aim at the creature. Especially aiming towards any weak points.

[ooc]Full aim for now.[/ooc]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 02, 2018, 04:49:55 PM
Shoot! Pray. Shoot! Pray. For its eyes
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 02, 2018, 07:03:04 PM
No clever remark comes to Jace's mind, his eyes foxed on the filthy, bestial xenos. Jaw clenched, he levels his hellpistol at the creature, takes careful aim, and fires.

[OoC: Actions]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack: fire pistol at the bug (half action)
[/OoC]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 05, 2018, 02:12:33 PM
@Everyone:

You all open fires of the creature, even as it dives down to attack.

Thankfully it's stinger just misses Icarus!

Soon all your numbers seem to have effect as Jace and two House troops make solid hits of the beast!


Player prompts: Next round of combat!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 05, 2018, 10:07:49 PM
Desmond, having carefully aimed and lining up his shot, will fully attack! Firing at the creatures ugly face.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 06, 2018, 01:00:40 PM
Cursing at the creatures's unwillingness to simply die, Jace will once again take aim and shoot the blasted Xenos.

[OoC: Actions]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack: fire pistol at the bug (half action)
[/OoC]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 06, 2018, 01:15:48 PM
Another round with the volcano following suit.
If it gets closer he will rev the chainsword.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 09, 2018, 06:31:27 PM
@Everyone

While the Dragon Hornet still attacks without actually hitting anyone with it's stinger, the make cannot be sad for the party. Petrus, Jace and a nearby House Trooper blast the thing, bringing it to the ground with a spatters of gore!

Player prompt: Combat over! Well done lads!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 11, 2018, 05:37:18 PM
Desmond will holster his pistol with a flourish and a grin. "Well that was exciting! When we claim this planet and start building a colony, we could probably make some profit offering a safari or two for big game hunters. Good shooting lads."

He'll have a look at the corpse, more due to his natural interest in exotic creatures then anything else. "It's a shame to waste anything, but I don't think we should bother carrying anything with us. We already have what we can salvage from the shuttle and we should probably get out of here."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 11, 2018, 05:40:15 PM
If that’s the worst that can be thrown at us, life will be good. Is there a venom sac that would be worth taking?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 11, 2018, 08:19:50 PM
"Or maybe the stinger? Worth cutting it open and having a look I guess."

Desmond will do a knowledge check to see if he can identify anything interesting on the corpse.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 12, 2018, 10:20:48 AM
Jace shudders in revulsion at the dead Xenos. 'As long as you are taking samples,' he offers, 'perhaps the creature's brain might provide insights.' He makes no effort to start dissecting the creature, however, more than happy to leave the dirty work to the household troops.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 12, 2018, 11:54:43 AM
My blade is at your disposal.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 12, 2018, 08:30:09 PM
@Everyone:

You take a number of interesting samples from the Dragon Hornet, for the Ventur's Magos to study later.

It takes a while but you unload the Rhinos and the Malcador. Off loading the tank's vast amount of bolter ammo takes much longer and coupled with getting the loaders with their heavy pre-fab cargo of the shuttles, you find that that you are working well in too the night before you have everything ready to move.


Player promt: How do you wish to organize your marching (or in this dase, rolling on tracks) order?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 14, 2018, 01:56:52 PM
Icarus plans to take the creatuer's stinger to later fashion it into a sword!

I will also ride in the front tank (Malcador), sitting in the cupola, coordinating the entire column, lending fire support with the heavy stubber, if the need arises. I want 4 men each on both sides of the convoy. Icarus wants vox comms with Hassarian at all times, no exceptions.

Everything's hostile. If it moves, kill it.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 14, 2018, 05:19:36 PM
Desmond will man the vox so that the more skilled soldiers can do more useful things. He'll certainly ride along in the front.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 16, 2018, 07:57:17 PM
@Everyone:

With the Malcador in front and and the Rhinos in single file you set out. The six of you, along with two House Troopers, are cramed in to the Defender like canned ration meat. The blazing heat generated by the venerable tank's engine is nearly unbareable. The mass of bolter ammo and Demolisher Rounds only add to the discomfort.

You role through the jungle and at times blast some nasty creature. For the most part however, it's an easy trip.


Player prompt: Now would be a good time for some in-depth RPing or conversation lads.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 17, 2018, 06:25:26 PM
Desmond, keeping a close eye on the vox and making sure everyone can hear by microbead over the roar of the engine, still can't help but grin.

"Who doesn't like being lost on the surface of a hostile world, possibly unknown to mankind for Emperor knows how long?" He say's over the microbead. "That big bug thing was just the start! Who knows what other excitement we'll come across."

He'll pause for a minute and happily imagine the no doubt disagreeable faces on some of his companions. "Although that bug does make a possible colony look like more work. I bet it'll be worth it in the long run but we'll have to find some bug zappers or something. What do you think Bane? Think we could set up some decent perimeter defence for a colony? Maybe something like the catachans have..."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 19, 2018, 06:39:24 PM
Jace does not share Desmond's smile. 'It is all well, when you have colleagues, equipment, troops and vehicles at your disposal,' he says darkly. 'I've spent time in a jungle like this one, without any of those. Just the creatures and myself. It was not a pleasant experience, and I escaped only by the God-Emperor's will. Pray you will never experience such yourself.'

Scowling, he looks around the inside of the tank. 'Truth be told, I am only here to discover clues towards finding the pearl. If the planet's surface does not contain precious biological agents, I would recommend virus-bombing the planet from orbit and returning once it is naught but a ball of rock and ore, ready to be mined bare.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 19, 2018, 08:11:27 PM
Thinking back to his earlier days on his home world, his jungle was concrete but much the same. For a moment his distrust finds a link of empathy for Jace. He swallows that and nods at Desmond’s enthusiasm. ‘There is hope in new beginings’
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 19, 2018, 08:20:32 PM
"You've got no sense of romance Jace!" Desmond chuckles, fiddling with the vox. "Think of it this way. Last time you were on a jungle world, it was a horrible life or death struggle. This time you're riding in a big ass tank, with a ship above ready to level anything that looks at you wrong. Time to confront that fear and kick it's ass."

"My homeworld was pretty empty all things considered. A couple of hives here and there, but most of the planet was still tundra and forest. Heck I was a hiveboy, but spent most of my time out in the wildlands as part of the Explorer Core. I AM looking forward to finding out what this planet has to do with the pearl. Those warp visions led us here for some reason, and I don't like the way the atmosphere responded to our shuttle coming down. There's something here that's for sure."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on February 20, 2018, 03:03:55 PM
"Quit the chatter fellas" barks Bane over the vox. "Idle chit-chat is what makes people dead and heresy grows from idleness!" he adds with a dark smile on his scarred lips. "As for your question Desmond, I wouldn't compare ourselves to Catachans. If they'd land here, they would merrily take a stroll into that jungle, butt-naked, singing "Terra's marching on" and chomping on cheap cigars... and they would still be the most dangerous motherfuckers on this entire rock. You boys ever heard of Marbo?" he asks, casual like, while clearing a jam in the heavy stubber, still keeping a close eye on the wall of greenery, surrounding them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on February 24, 2018, 03:49:06 PM
@Everyone:

The trip takes much longer than you at first estimated as the jungle mud is like oil slick and your treads become bogged up! It takes you hours of constant digging and repair, all the while covered in mud. Night has fallen.

Just as you were beginning to think the endless tracts of dense fern forest would never end, you slog into the wide clearing.

You have reached your destination at last, but what you see shocks you!

Before you a gigantic alien temple rears out of the earth, multiple, delicate towers stretching gracefully into the sky. Part way up the gargantuan structure, you can see a prominent platform extending from the rest of the temple and surrounded by Wraithbone arches.
You feel an immediate sense of your own mortality, as if the builders of this place were akin to gods, and your own soul utterly insignificant.

It seems someone was here long before humanity.

The Eldar.

"Well things are far more interesting than I'd hoped!" Hasarian says smiling "Let's go!

You set out for the temple and soon tare apart the earth with your treads.

Upon reaching the temple you notice that it is strangely silent. Like Spooky Silent.

As the troops disembark you here a loud female voice shout out!

"Hold it right there Markus!"


Player prompt: role perception.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on February 26, 2018, 01:47:19 AM
(22! Go Desmond! You be effective for once.)

Desmond will groan somewhat to himself and scan the auspex, as well as see who's suddenly yelling at them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on February 26, 2018, 02:04:25 PM
The temple sends a shiver down Jaces's spine- he was familiar with the Eldar, familiar enough to both hate and fear them. He quickly checked his pistol, making sure it was ready to be drawn at a moment's notice. Then he closed his eyes, allowing his psychic senses to wash over the temple and the surrounding area. Eldar meddling seemed like a perfectly valid explanation for the strangeness Jace and his companions had experienced during their descent, and he wanted to be sure there'd be no surprises.

At the sound of a woman's voice, however, he snapped his eyes open. 'What in the God-Emperor's name- we are not alone on this planet?'

[OoC]
- Perception roll: 65- Woman?
- Psynisience roll: 3- any strange psychic things going on around the temple?
- Forbidden Lore (Xenos) roll: 18- does Jace know anything about the temple's purpose?
[/OoC]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on February 27, 2018, 02:51:19 PM
Perception : 73
Doesn’t sound good 😾
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 01, 2018, 10:56:11 AM
Perception: 44

Hmmmm...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 02, 2018, 06:17:09 PM
@Gankom:

On your toes of late, you find the origin of the voice and pivot in that direction.

You see Lady Sun Lee standing prepared but not overtly hostile. Her green power armoured frame is indeed impressive and you have no doubt that she could take anyone of you in a fight.

The battle scared woman seems more amused then anxious about your arrival


Player prompt: What do you with to do Gankom?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 04, 2018, 10:48:20 PM
Desmond will climb partially out of the tank and offer a bow to the other Rogue Trader.

"My lady, I can't say I'm surprised to see you. I trust your journey from orbit was not as... eventful as ours."

Desmond will scan the area and have a look to see what forces if any she has with her. "I'd offer to give you a ride on our tank, but I'm afraid we have business to attend to. Captain Hassarian has claimed this wonderful planet, and now us, his loyal servants, must be about the business of doing so."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 10, 2018, 12:29:21 AM
@Gankom:
Lady Sun Lee laughs

"Yes that sounds like something he would do"

Sun Lee strides towards the tank and stops just close enough to look you in the eyes.

"I have no interest in this planet. Markus can take what he wants from it, I care not. However, I got here first so the prize is mine, whatever it may be"

You notice up close that, despite the facial scar that marks her left cheek, she is still quite beautiful.

"That is not to say that I am adverse to working together however. Having more guns would certainly be of great help"

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 12, 2018, 04:10:30 PM
"In my experience my lady, it's not who gets there first but who gets there last. Whatever it is, it has to be secured first before we fight over it's fate."

Desmond looks around the area. "It seems you are a bit under gunned yourself."

While he's looking around he checks with the others to see if they have anything to add, and sends a message to Hassarian to see what he has to say.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on March 12, 2018, 11:19:43 PM
Petrus joins Desmond beside him. ‘Seems a little coincidental to wind up in the same area as another trader. What are we up against that requires us all to work together?’
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 13, 2018, 02:45:57 PM
Icarus voxes Hassarian, while also hand signalling the gunner of the tank. "Perhaps we should just smoke the bitch?" he snarls with barely contained anger. "I hate arrogant cows like her, I really do."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 13, 2018, 05:18:41 PM
"Now now." Desmond say's quietly. "If the lady rogue trader is here, then she has a ship in orbit as well. I'd rather not get blasted to atoms because they didn't appreciate our welcome."

He scans the trees again for any movement. "Plus she wouldn't get rich being stupid. I bet there's more guns around us then we can see. of course I thought diplomacy with The Hand was a good idea to..."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on March 14, 2018, 03:34:39 AM
‘Being atomized is not desirable. Carry on. ‘
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 15, 2018, 04:59:42 PM
'I must concur with my colleague, my lady,' Jace says. He raises a hand to point at the structure. 'That temple is, as you've no doubt gathered, of Xenos make. We must first ascertain that it poses no immediate threat, before we begin negotiations regarding ownership.' His words sound genuine- clearly the presence of an Eldar temple has rattled him more than the rival captain's sudden appearance. 'I sense psychic energy in the area- quite possibly emanating from that very structure.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 20, 2018, 02:16:09 PM
"Forgive me boys, for a split second I thought that we were top carnodons on this planet. I must've been mistaken. Perhaps ask the lady if she'd fancy a fucking glass of Amasec. I'm sure that our Lord Hassarian won't have any objections. After all, it is her planet now, right? We must do what she says" laughs Bane in a mocking, rasping voice. "Our rival is in the open, and we can contact our ship in orbit to intercept her vessel, while we smear her arrogant ass all across the jungle." He signals the gunners to ready their weapons. "Just send the word sir, I'll handle the rest."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 22, 2018, 08:33:39 PM
@Xath:

You hear Hasarian bark in laughter

"If you want to loose your balls to that power sword of hers be my guest!"

He laughs again

"Me? I'd prefer to have children some day"



@Gankom:

Lady Sun Lee smiles in an affable manner

"Then I suppose we have very different experiences!" She says

From inside your coms you hear Hasarian's voice

"She probably out numbers us Desmond. Sun never goes anywhere without the Jade Guard. I'm sure there is a complement of them in the trees around us, I would bet a couple Leman Russ too"

A pause

"Also I think that the whole Hand thing is an outlier. Sun and her family are not blood thirsty"


@DS:

"Very well Navigator. I suppose you are right." Sun Lee says "Who would you like to send for recon?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on March 23, 2018, 12:06:05 AM
Petrus will volunteer to join the recon. The elder abomination may grate on the nerves of the troops and they may need some imperial faith to bolster them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 23, 2018, 12:45:46 AM
"If we are to make an alliance of convenience," Desmond calls to the lady rogue trader, "Perhaps it is best to leave the squabbling over rewards until we have properly secured the prize. I have no doubt we are the only Captains to have come this far. Our navigator suggests these ruins are elder, and we encountered a ship from the same race as we left Footfall. I expect we will see more of that kind as we travel. There is strength in numbers lady Sun."

"Of course that would require that we have some trust in each other." he stops and looks around the empty forest expanse. "That's hard to have when we don't even know how many guns are pointed our way. Perhaps a show of good faith then. You can ride on our mighty steed here, and in exchange we properly introduce our forces."

(Desmond is trying to be a bit more wordy then he needs to. A bit of blathering, a bit of diplomatic confusion. Plus he wants to see if he can give Bane a better estimate of Lady Sun's forces. in case things get... kinetic.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 23, 2018, 02:44:33 PM
"I'd love to see her puny power sword go through this tank" mumbles Bane under his breath. "Lock the weapons, boys" he says to his crew. "We're sitting this one out, it seems. For shame..." he adds, while adjusting his rebreather.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 28, 2018, 04:36:37 AM
@Gankom:

"I'll accept your terms" Sun Lee says "only if one of you rides with my men"

***

@AG:

You gather some hpuse troopers together for the scout and await further inctructions.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 28, 2018, 04:02:26 PM
Desmond will check with the others to see if they have anything to add, but otherwise he'll volunteer himself to ride with Sun Lee's men. He'll keep an open vox connection with his party the whole time.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 29, 2018, 09:00:38 AM
"No way in the Warp that we're letting any of us go with that wench!" Bane's fury is barely contained, as he voxes his companions. "Why should we even bow to her request, this is disgraceful. Desmond, get in the fething tank. We don't have time for this charade" rasps Icarus, as he, once again, signal his men to prepare their weapons.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on March 29, 2018, 09:21:46 AM
‘Shall we proceed to the temple?’. ‘ we are ready’. Feeling a mounting tension, Petrus pushes for an action.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on March 30, 2018, 02:46:47 PM
Jace stared at the temple, only half listening to the conversation going on around him. 'Master Bane,' he spoke quietly over the vox. 'Under normal circumstances, I would defer to your judgement in decisions regarding our safety. However, this temple... It troubles me. To me, it would seem prudent to agree upon a truce with lady Sun, however temporary, at least until we have determined the threat posed by this temple.'

He frowns, massaging his temples to assuage the psychic pressure in the area. 'The Eldar are a race of psykers, and I cannot see the presence of their craft on this Warp-wracked planet as mere coincidence. Any hostilities between us and lady Sun's forces should be considered trivial, compared to what that Xenos structure might throw at us, and as such I would advise you not to bloody our forces, nor hers, when they might be sorely needed against the Enemy Without.'

He cracks a half-smile, and after double checking that lady Sun cannot hear him, he adds 'we can always do that later, if deemed prudent.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 30, 2018, 03:42:01 PM
Desmond agrees with Jace. "Besides Bane, if the worst happens I'd bet some of the finest amsac that you'd pull me out of the fire in time." He grins at the massive man.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 31, 2018, 01:29:38 PM
"Very well" says Bane, as he gives his crew an "all clear" sign. "Go with her, but be extra careful. Also one of her servants should go with us. It's only fair, I think" adds Icarus in a grim and determined voice. "Jace, can you at least speculate on what we can find inside that temple? I need to know if we should be ready for a infantry-heavy situation, or maybe an armored duel".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on March 31, 2018, 03:40:26 PM
@AG:

"Yes you may go ahead Petrus" Hasarian says "I have sneaking suspensions that those pointy eared lunatics are around here somewhere. Beware, the Eldar out here in the tend to be of the pirate verity. They prefer the slice 'em up approach. Just fill them full of holes if they spot you
***

@Xath:
Hasarian turns in his seat to look back to you.

"Sun Lee is an honourable woman, she won't go back on the deal. I've known her since we were children. That being said keep your eyes open, her men may be another matter entirely. I don't know much about the Jade Guard's disposition so..."

He mimes the turning the safeties off motion.

"Also send a few of the lads with Desmond"


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on March 31, 2018, 05:40:07 PM
"As you say, Sir" Bane replies, as he gives four of his men signals to accompany Desmond. "Strikes me a bit odd, that such a dangerous and well known Rogue Trader would not have absolute control over her men" he adds with a doubt in his voice. "Then again, it's a hard work, earning the respect of your subordinates".
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on March 31, 2018, 09:40:17 PM
Petrus nods an affirmative. ‘Head out’ he says to the troops and draws his Vulcan and makes for the temple.
He lets the squad take standard recon position and follows their training. He is not on point.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on March 31, 2018, 11:42:29 PM
Desmond will take his assigned men and head over to join Lady Sun Lee. He'll try and chat up everyone. Doing his best to ferret out information while giving little away.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 02, 2018, 10:16:57 PM
Jace thinks on Bane's question for a moment, before giving his reply. 'I have little insight in military matters, master Bane, yet I shall endeavour to shed light on the possible paths ahead. The Eldar are few and fragile, yet each more deadly than any man when fighting one on one. They are stealthy, and they are deceitful. Do not expect to fight a fair battle against them, with clearly drawn lines. Their most dangerous aspect, however, is their psychic prowess. Indeed, they might not need to be bodily present, if they can work their foul influence through this temple.'

He shrugs before realizing Bane can't actually see the gesture. 'I would advise extreme vigilance, commander,' he concludes, 'and overwhelming force against any threat which does show up. It might be necessary to turn the tanks' guns against the temple itself and bring the structure down, should anything happen. I shall keep monitoring psychic activity in the area, and warn you when necessary.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 03, 2018, 09:53:31 AM
"Roger that Jace" barks Bane into his vox horn. "All elements, be on your guard and get those safties off" he instructs his men. "Gunners, target the temple. If worse comes to worst, I want you to saturate it with maximum fire." Icarus calls Desmond on a private channel. "Desmond, if dung hits the fan, get down, take cover and try to get back to the tank. Do you read me? No stupid heroics" he adds with a snarl.

Bane turns towards Hassarian. "My Lord, if the Xenos do attack, we could use our rivals as a distraction against them. Sacrifice Lee and her men for our tactical advantage and a potential counter attack. What say you about this plan?" he asks, watching his leader closely.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 06, 2018, 02:06:23 PM
@Xath:

Hasarian sighs

"I dislike such a dishonorable plan. However, I will amend it and say that if we must take such a despicable path that it be for the sake of the crew. Our lads always come first. A tactical retreat. Then we regroup and attack from the rear, cutting off one of the Eldar's means of escape and crushing their forces on two sides. An hammer and anvil as it were"

He scratches his beard.

"I would also inform Sun of the plan should we need to use it. She'll understand... I hope. No need pissing off one of the most powerful dynasties in the Sector."

"But I doubt it will come to that" Hasarian says "Eldar avoid open conflict if they can. Likely it will be a small squad on squad skirmish, in which they will flee"


***

@DS:

Psy Test: 28 pass

The feeling you had when you first set landfall on the planet it stronger here, even more so atop the tower.

***

@Gankom:

With your bodyguards in hand you are led through the dense bush by a Jade Guard who had suddenly appeared by your side

Player prompt: Role perception

***

@AG:

With your detachment of House Troopers you start your scout of the Temple

Player Prompt: Anything in particular you are looking for? Tracks, various other sign, etc?
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 07, 2018, 01:05:18 AM
(Perception roll: 41
Tech Use: 37)

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 09, 2018, 12:42:49 PM
'Bane, I would advise you to keep an especially keen eye fixed on the temple's top side,' Jace recommends. 'Whatever disturbance plagues this planet seems be strongest there.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 11, 2018, 12:43:37 PM
"Roger that Jace" says Bane and instructs his observers to keep an eye on the top of the temple. "These xeno bastards won't know what hit 'em" he murmurs with gleeful anticipation. He does not respond to Hassarian's idea about informing his rival about their fall back plan, since it would probably end badly for him.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on April 12, 2018, 10:43:22 AM
Petrus has his troops scan for paths, debris if any and checks for possible outposts on the temple or firing positions.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 13, 2018, 08:36:56 PM
@AG:

While you find scattered bits of wraithbone and other detritus you find no signs of out posts or such encampments. However you do find a number of good firing positions.

***

@Xath:

As per the agreement with Sun Lee, you hear her power armoured frame climb the side of the tank before coming to a rest atop it.

You wonders what it's like riding atop a Malcador. You have only ever ridden atop a Leman Rus with a number of comrades and the was pretty damn uncomfortable.

You hear a number of Jade Guard climb up next to where you last heard Sun Lee.


***

@Gankom:

Looking over your Jade Guard escort, you suspect that their Crapace armour incorporates some sort of stealth tech. You are just not sure how it works

***

@DS:

You sense nothing new as of yet


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on April 16, 2018, 11:59:19 AM
The troops split up into 3 2 man teams. 2  cover the firepoints while their other mates move up to closer positions. Petrus and the 5th move towards the main opening.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on April 20, 2018, 08:48:03 PM
"So where do you hail from originally?" Desmond asks his escort, trying to be friendly while also getting a better look at his armor. He keeps a hand on his holstered pistol while they hike through the jungle though, and listens intently to his vox for any sign from the others.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on April 25, 2018, 01:50:38 PM
"Damn bastards" mutters Bane under his breath, while semi-conciously fingering the strap on one of his holsters. "You'll try anything stupid, and I swear to Throne..." he adds under his breath, while at the same time keeping an eye on auspex and making sure that his men are prepared for anything, that could be coming their way.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on April 28, 2018, 05:40:06 PM
@Gankom:

The Jade Guard doesn't answer

***

@AG:

You cover the entrance and prep to enter the tower.

***

@DS:

You sense that there are multiple beings atop the tower. At least five.




Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on April 30, 2018, 11:26:51 AM
A chill sense of dread rushes down Jace's spine as his eyes snap open. 'There's something there,' he says, confused, slurred, his mind still partly reeling from the experience. Then he gets up and makes to leave the vehicle, shaking his head to clear his mind before speaking into the vox. 'It appears an entity has manifested upon the temple's roof,' he states loudly. 'This is something I must investigate. I would appreciate an armed escort,' he concludes as he emerges from the tank, hellpistol in hand, before striding towards the Eldar building.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on May 01, 2018, 03:06:03 AM
Petrus starts for the entrance but stops to look back on an urge. He sees Jace determinly heading for the temple. He hand signal the squad to take cover and watch for movement at the firing points. He signals Jace that he will wait for him to catch up.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 01, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
"Weapons at the ready boys." Desmond say's happily to the Jade Guard, drawing his own pistol as well. "Remember to focus on any aliens and not Hasarians men. Not with your Lady riding with them."

He'll keep an eye on the Jade Guard to make sure there's no funny business.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 04, 2018, 01:18:14 PM
"We can lay a curtain of fire on top of the temple" suggests Bane with a light tone. "That way we'll give our troops and allies some much needed cover and they'll be able to advance towards the top in relative safety." He looks back at Hassarian with an intense look on his face. "I'd advise against sending a party to the top, without laying down a lot of covering fire. These are the Eldar that we're talking about. Getting toe to toe with them is a very bad idea, sir" finishes Bane with a slight rasp in his breath.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 05, 2018, 01:00:04 AM
@DS & AG: 

The two of you, with House Troops in tow, begin to recon the entrance.

Player promt: Role perception
***

@Gankom:

You at last reach a small clearing with a number of green armoured Jade Guard standing at the ready. At least 40, along with three Leman Russ battle tanks at the ready.

Player prompt: Role Tech Use and Int
***

@Xath:

"Very good Icarus" Hasarian says nodding with approval "Carry on"


Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on May 05, 2018, 02:10:26 AM
11! Couldn't be better or worse   
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 05, 2018, 04:15:33 PM
Tech Use: 50

Int: 22 (Huzzah!)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 08, 2018, 12:59:33 PM
"All elements, this is Icarus Bane. We'll provide covering fire for our advancing troops... and our allies'. Gunners! On my mark, prepare to fire at the top of the temple!" Bane issues the orders, while observing the top of the temple through one of the Malcador's ocular sights. "I want everything we have, fired towards the top of this Throne-forsaken Xenos rubble!" he roars into the vox.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 10, 2018, 02:15:18 PM
Perception: 94. Jace has gone blind. Again.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 14, 2018, 12:27:38 PM
@DS & AG:

While Jace has little luck seeing anything in the dark entry way, Petrus however has more luck. The missionary finds a number of strange crystal, disk shaped objects embeded in the walls or floors on the entry way

***
@Gankom:

You notice that a number of the tanks are rarer models. One even appears to mount a plasma cannon! You can't remember the names of these tanks though

***

@Xath:

The guns of every man-served weapon are unleashed. It's mostly mortor and heavy bolter fire but it seems to be getting the job done before a number of House Troopers are literally shreded by return fire from the tower!



Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 20, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
"Sounds like we've got contact." Desmond mutters, loud enough to be heard by the trooper. "Shouldn't you get in there and help your boss?"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on May 20, 2018, 11:52:02 PM
Petrus sets up firing zones in the entrance way and covers Jace as he gets in. He takes a minute to study the crystal pieces imbedded in the architecture. Somehow they seem to have a power about them. They might have some control over the elder if they had them.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 22, 2018, 09:03:50 AM
Jace, oblivious to the crystal disks, will continue onward, stopping only momentarily when the temple he's in is bombarded by his allies. While the weapons of their opponents are far more stealthy, Jace deduces that his comrades are experiencing return fire when the screams of House troopers reach him over the vox. With a prayer to the fallen on his lips, Jace readies his hellpistol and advances, more cautiously now that he is in the belly of the beast, but nonetheless steadily making his way towards the roof.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on May 25, 2018, 02:09:25 PM
"Locate those bloody snipers, blanket fire the top-most levels of the tower!" roars Bane into his vox. "Find cover and return fire. Marksmen - take aim and cover. Do we have air support?!" he frantically communicates and gives orders over multiple channels. Finally he turns towards Hassarian. "My Lord, we should call in fire support from orbit. Perhaps Lady Lee's ship could do the same. With that much counter fire coming down from that building, we won't be able to advance efficiently!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on May 26, 2018, 01:36:08 AM
@Gankom & Xath:

The amount of  the Eldar's return fire is nearly drowned out by the fire support from The Jade Guard. The armour's big guns start pounding the top of the tower!

***

@DS & AG:

Player promt: roll agility

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on May 26, 2018, 01:50:05 AM
34!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on May 28, 2018, 10:17:15 AM
98  :icon_eek:!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on May 28, 2018, 01:33:29 PM
(Well it was nice knowing Jace.)

Desmond will throw himself into cover but wont bother opening fire with his pistol. He'll scan the tower and area to see what's going on and try to convince a squad or two of Jade Guard to move up to support Petrus and Jace.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 02, 2018, 04:43:13 PM
@AG & DS:
As you start for your climb up the tower, Jase it almost imediatly best upon by the Eldar warrior! Fortunately it apperaps that the Warrior has not noticed Petrus or the troopers yet!

Player Prompt: Combat!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on June 02, 2018, 05:55:17 PM
Mouthing a blessing, Petrus unholsters his eviserstor and lunges for the elder. He yells to concentrate Fire on the heretic and shoot if they get a clear shot.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 04, 2018, 11:19:20 AM
Jace is startled as he unexpectedly comes face to face with the hated Xenos. There is no time for words, no time for thought. Hellpistol at the ready, Jace squeezed the trigger, sending a blast of las energy into the creature at point blank range. The action was instantaneous, subconcious- his mind could only approve moments after the shot had been fired.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 15, 2018, 11:22:56 AM
@DS & AG:

Shotguns boom loudly in the darkness, their muzzel flashes blinking in and out like the lights in a dive bar. The Xenos is shockingly agile! Even after taking two slugs full on from the house troopers weapons, it still manages to worm it's way out of the roaring arc of Petrus' chainsword and then dodge out of the way of Jace's hellpistol!

Player prompt: Round two!

***

@Gankom and Xath:

The bombardment goes on!

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on June 15, 2018, 12:14:51 PM
"Keep firing! Give 'em everything You've got!" roars Bane and then looks back to Hassarian. "Sir, what about those mass drivers from orbit? Any chance for us deploying them as a CAS?" he asks with intense frown on his grizzled face.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 17, 2018, 01:42:10 PM
Acting less on impulse now, Jace nonetheless doesn't change his strategy- he raises his pistol again and squeezes the trigger. This time, however, he takes more time to aim his shot, trying to predict where the agile Xenos will bounce to next and hit it there.

[OoC]
- Aim (half action)
- Standard attack (half action)
[/OoC]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 17, 2018, 03:02:37 PM
"Come on boys! Let's get in there and lend a hand, otherwise their going to rip us apart!" Desmond say's to the soldiers around, trying to rally them and get them to charge in and join the inner fight.

Just to add some weight to it, Desmond will then open a vox link to Lady Sun. "Lady Sun, we have hostile contacts on the inside. We need to get more men in there and deal with it. Would you order some of your soldiers in with me to lend support? If we can get to the top and silence those guns, then we can all move in and claim the structure."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on June 17, 2018, 07:11:00 PM
Frustrated with his miss, Petrus aims again and swings. His chainsword itching for xenos  blood
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on June 21, 2018, 05:19:24 PM
@DS & AG:

A flurry of blows with a screaming chainsword and the booming of shotguns, followed by the crack of a hellpistol, mark the next moves of this strange seven on one fight.

The Eldar dodges Petrus' chainsword practiced ease, all the while merely swatting Jace's pistol out of the way, causing it to discharge harmlessly in too the ceiling!

The House Troopers who are waiting behind you have no clear shot and thusly hold their fire.

***

@Gankom:

Player prompt- Role fellowship
***

@xath:

"Perhaps, but if we bring in that much firepower we might as well be signing Jace & Pertus' death warrants. It will bring the tower right down on top of them" Hasarian remarks "Besides which, if I hear what I think over the comms those two are having a hard enough time alrady" 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on June 25, 2018, 12:37:25 PM
When the foul Xenos knocks his pistol from his hand, Jace cries out in equal measures of surprise and frustration. He angrily tears the scarf from his forehead and stares at the Eldar, opening his third eye and subjecting the creature to the madness of the Warp...

[OoC="actions"]
- Lidless stare, aimed at the Xenos and hopefully not at Petrus or the soldiers!
[/OoC]
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on June 25, 2018, 02:25:29 PM
[OOC: Fellowship roll 44]

Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on July 04, 2018, 09:42:55 AM
@Gankom

You know little about what is going on in the Jade Guards head, nor can you read him with the full mak on his face. However by his body language, you can tell he is not amused with you truing to give him orders.

***

@DS & AG:

The xenos, now ready once again is caught off guard by Jace' gaze but before anything happens, the Navigator crumples to the floor! The berobed figure jerks and spasims!

The eldar twirls and swings it's sword at Petrus, however the battle hardened preacher brings his chain sword around and blocks the strike! Nor caught in a bind and seemingly offended that a mere human could match it in swordsmanship, the creature is to distracted to notice the House Troopers rack their shotguns' slides and fire again.

This time, a pair of slugs smack in to the xenos' side and seem to punch through the armour and hit something important, as the figure collapses in a pool of blood!


Combat over!

Player prompt: DS you rolled over 100 so... ::heretic::
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 05, 2018, 01:42:06 AM
Seeing his efforts failing and no return message from Lady Sun, Desmond sighs. "Well contact your Lady yourself. Maybe if we get into that tower soon we'll actually take it in one piece instead of leveling it."

Drawing his own side arm he'll turn to get ready to get in, but not leave just yet.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 06, 2018, 09:49:01 AM
'Gah!' Jace cries out, the backlash of his ability wracking his body with pain. One moment everything goes black, the next, he finds himself on the floor, his limbs moving against his will. As if in a dream, he witnesses Petrus firing at the Eldar and killing it, yet the elation of that victory is lost on the navigator as his body convulses on the floor. He should have known that a witch-race like the Eldar would not be affected by his sight, but that seeing the true nature of an Eldar would cause a navigator plenty of harm.

It takes quite some time for Jace to regain control of his body, and even when he does he is left bruised and panting on one knee. Finally, with the aid of one of the troopers, he gets to his feet, and walks over to the slain Eldar. He casts a hateful glance at the creature, before kneeling down beside the carcass. His fingers probe the Xenos's chest for a moment, and then Jace retrieves what he was after- a polished gemstone, the "spirit stone" of the creature. To no one in particular, he explains, 'I have studied the Eldar, ever since that faithful night in which they hunted me and stranded me upon that deserted planet. The Imperium's libraries are extensive, if one knows how to look. And that I do. I've learned about their race. Learned how to hurt them.'

'This,' he announces, 'is what their kind calls a spirit stone. The Eldar believe that in death, their souls go into these stones, to keep them from falling into the hands of the Dark Gods. The stones are then transported to their home planet, to be added to a hive mind of sorts.' Jace scoffs at the superstition. 'I do not know if there is any truth to that claim. But I do know all Eldar weep when one of their stones is lost.' He tosses the gemstone unceremoniously on the floor, then retrieves his hellpistol and fires at the stone, shattering it.

As he reloads, he calmly states, 'where one Eldar roams, more might go unseen. We must hurry to the roof- we might still be in danger.' Before leaving, though, he removes the Eldar's helmet, and picks up its sword. Then he brings the weapon down on the Eldar's neck, decapitating it. Lifting it by the creature's long hair, he smiles at it thinly. 'This shall make for an excellent trophy.' Then he puts his grisly totem away, along with the helmet and sword.

Jace then looks at Petrus and each of the troopers in turn. 'Let us go hunt for more Eldar, shall we?'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on July 06, 2018, 09:57:38 AM
Petrus nods with grim satisfaction. Jaces retribution sits well with him as he holsters his weapons. He follows making sure he crunches the shards underfoot as he goes.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 10, 2018, 01:41:01 PM
"Entry teams - report" barks Icarus, as he checks the various readings on his tank's rune-filled screens. "What's going on out there? Petrus, Jace? What's your status?" He scopes the temple's exterior through the view slit, while also commanding the driver to slowly start moving the vehicle forward.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on July 11, 2018, 12:20:09 PM
Jace needs a moment to realize the voice in his ear was Bane talking over the comm beads, before rousing himself from gathering his grisly trophy. 'Jace to Bane,' he states solemnly, 'resistance encountered and eliminated. Suspicions were correct; we are dealing with the Eldar. One of their kind is dead, although I suspect more will be encountered on our way to the top of the temple. Reinforcements would be...' he says, halting to look at the household troops, who had the greatest difficulty putting even one Eldar down, '... prudent.'
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 12, 2018, 12:21:16 PM
"Bloody xeno bastards" mutters Bane to himself. "All right Jace, I'll try and send some of my guys your way. Stay put!" Icarus checks his remaining men, who are available to reinforce the forward elements, while also calling Desmond and asking about his luck in negotiating with Lady Sun, about sending some of her men. He's sure that the whole ordeal is still hanging dangerously on edge and that without proper cooperation between everyone involved, it can turn into a catastrophe, very, very quickly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on July 12, 2018, 09:02:42 PM
Desmond responds to Bane. "It looks like I'm not getting far here. Lady's Sun's men are less then willing to advance without her word, and she has yet to reply to me."

Desmond will unholster his pistol. "I'll vox her again and if that fails I'll move up to meet the reinforcements myself."

Pausing to switch vox channels he'll try and raise Lady Sun again. "My Lady, the battle has begun inside. We need to advance with all our forces or we risk this whole thing being smashed asunder."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on July 13, 2018, 10:12:00 AM
"Driver, full throttle! Take us forward!" Bane issues an order to tank's driver, while looking back at Hassarian. "My Lord, perhaps You could speak to Lady Sun about her being less useless and actually participating in this battle. If we'll loose more troops, she will have numerical superiority and you know what that means" he adds grimly, while carefully scrutinising his leader's face.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on August 03, 2018, 10:07:25 PM
@Gankom:

You hear Sun chuckle

"Yes you are right ofcourse Master Pyke, we might as well get on with it"

After a few moments you feel the rumbling of the tanks through the earth as the engines start up.


***

@Xath, DS & AG:

Your new house troopers arrive, with Hasarian and Bane in toe . Lady Sun and a number of her Jade Guard make up the final members of the strike party. Soon you are ready to advance again
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on August 06, 2018, 01:02:01 AM
"All right boys, it's go time!" Desmond will say happily, drawing his pistol and moving up into the building.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on August 09, 2018, 02:20:25 PM
"All elements, move in!" orders Bane, while looking through his tanks' range finder. "Spotters, check the upper floors. I don't want any nasty surprises waiting for us."
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on August 09, 2018, 03:59:06 PM
Petrus holsters his chainsword and draws the volcano and moves to join the troops
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on August 20, 2018, 11:06:21 AM
Jace calmly observes the reinforcements approaching. 'Welcome,' he starts, his voice even. 'We have slain one of the Xenos,' he continues, indicating the decapitated Eldar at his feet, 'but I expect we will find more on our way to the rooftop.' The faintest hint of a smile appears on his lips. 'More thropies,' he adds darkly.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 11, 2018, 03:19:57 AM
@Everyone:

The steps of the tower seem warm under your feet as you ascend to the top. You notice too that there seems to be little in the way of guards at this moment
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 11, 2018, 08:09:39 PM
Gun drawn, Desmond will join the others in advancing up the stairs. He's careful to stay in the middle of the pack (where it's somewhat safer) and behind the bulk of Bane.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on September 19, 2018, 11:11:30 AM
I'm still in the tank Gankom. ;)

"All elements, report." orders Bane, while making sure that his tank is ready to fire or accelerate towards attack speed, at a moment's notice. "Give me a sit rep, what do you see out there?" he asks calmly, while scanning his surroundings, using the Macharius's periscope.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 19, 2018, 02:25:05 PM
(Are you trying to tell me we're NOT trying to have the tank advance up the stairs?! I thought we were eccentric adventurers!)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on September 28, 2018, 12:11:06 PM
@Everyone:

As the tank tries to smash it's way in to the tower the rest of you notice that the air seems to be growing colder, your breath mists in the air.

Odd, considering it was blazing hot a moment ago. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on September 30, 2018, 08:27:11 PM
"Filthy alien magics!" Desmond calls out warningly, and keeps his finger on the trigger. "We must be getting close. Keep advancing men!"
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on September 30, 2018, 11:51:37 PM
‘Keep hold of your faith! It will be sorely tested - Advance and purify!’
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 01, 2018, 01:48:26 AM
"Gird yourself in the Armor of Contempt." Desmond agrees, advancing beside the missionary.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 01, 2018, 07:15:23 PM
'More Eldar,' Jace says, his voice colder than the air around them by far. 'Retribution is a fine thing, and I shall have it in spades this day. The Emperor is kind indeed.' Looking back over his shoulder at the tank forcing its way through the narrow halls, his voice loses some of its vitriol. 'Is... Is that a common tactic for the armoured division,' he inquires with a great deal of doubt written on his face.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Xathrodox86 on October 17, 2018, 01:39:00 PM
"The Emperor protects and we obey, over the hiiiillss and faaaaar awaaaaaay!" sings Bane, urging his crew to drive faster so that he can hit the enemy with his sword. "Have a little more faith Jace, we're fighting unorthodoxily. Thus our enemies won't know what will hit them!" he adds with a guttural laughter.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on October 25, 2018, 12:20:57 AM
@Everyone:

The entire Temple trembles with ancient, arcane power! A psychic shockwave explodes outwards from the platform atop the structure, striking all around it to the ground and shaking the fern forests to their core!

The power washes over you and as some fall unconscious, you all feel your vision darken.

Suddenly, you are adrift in cold night, uncaring alien stars glaring malevolently from the impossible depths of interstellar space.

 Across the black vista sweeps a line of celestial force, a thread perhaps of the very fabric that binds the universe together. Your mind’s eye follows that etheric strand as it describes the weft and weave of reality, converging on a single star lost to the depths of night. The star is blazing so brightly it nigh blinds you, yet you meet its celestial gaze without blinking. Across its seething face passes a small, black orb, which in a moment more has expanded to fill your entire field of vision.

 Upon the surface of the orb, now revealed to be a verdant world beloved of the ancients, lies a rune. It is a thing of utter beauty, yet it shatters even as you watch, shards splitting off as if in slow motion to careen across space. Each shard of the broken rune comes to rest far away, each upon the surface of a different world to lie, undiscovered, for eons.

With a start you return to the real world. 
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on October 25, 2018, 04:15:08 AM
"By the God-Emperor himself." Desmond gasps, trying to keep from retching. "That was... not what I was expecting. What have the Eldar done? Some kind of ritual? Did we just experience the backwash of it?"

Remembering the Eldar, Desmond tries to straighten up in case their suddenly attacked in their time of weakness.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on October 30, 2018, 12:14:29 PM
Almost cross eyed with head splitting pain, Petrus resorts to bellowing battle hums to gyrd himself and the house troopers. Words of faith and strength resonate in the space.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on October 30, 2018, 02:27:17 PM
Reeling from the vision, Jace leans against the wall with one hand, and clutches his head with the other. 'Eldar trickery,' he snarls as dizziness gives way to indignation, then outrage. Panting, he turns to his fellows. 'Whatever that was,' he pants, his vision still hazy, his body wracked with sudden fatigue, 'I surmize it is nothing good. I suggest we move up, and eliminate these wretched Xenos witches once and for all.'

Then, without waiting, he continues his ascent to the temple's roof, very much looking forward to killing more Eldar...
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Captain Dob Van Dwi on December 17, 2018, 03:24:44 PM
@Everyone:


You climb with determination and soon reach the portal that can only be the top of the tower.

Hauling yourselves over the final step and on to the platform atop the temple structure, you see before you a wide-open space, its surface inscribed with arcane sigils and runes. Standing in the centre of the space are six humanoid forms, each clad in flowing robes and wearing a graceful yet decidedly alien helmet.

The aliens are poised as if entrapped in amber, their arms raised in invocation. All about them swirls a vortex of witchfire, linked, so it seems, to the runes engraved in the surface of the platform. You see that the aliens are beginning to fade, their forms becoming transparent. And with them, the very temple structure on which you stand is flickering in and out of reality even as you watch.

What you assume are the wytch's bodyguards whip around as if surprised that you still draw breath.
 


Player prompt: Combat!
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Gankom on December 19, 2018, 04:35:10 PM
Expecting this, Desmond opens fire on the nearest bodyguard.

"Fire away men! Clear a path for our specalists to go after the witches!"

(OOC: If Desmond is still carrying some grenades, which I think he wanted to get back when they were on the ship, he'll lob one of those bad boys into the middle of them.)
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Artobans Ghost on December 19, 2018, 04:43:12 PM
Petrus joins in the shooting of the guards. 1 hand aiming, the other reaching for the chainsword.
Title: Re: Dark Stars Game thread IC
Post by: Demonslayer on December 20, 2018, 09:16:13 PM
Jace's face contorted, but he remained quiet. His fist tightened in the face of the hated Xenos daring to approach him, crumpling the silk scarf dancing in this unnatural wind. His memories threathened to take him back several years, to those horrific nights where he had been hunted. To when he had been prey to these witch-xenos, their terrifying cries echoing beneath the dark forest's canopy. Jace trembled at the memories, but pushed them back. He would not allow himself to be distracted. Not now.

Not when he could hurt them.

Slowly, he opened his third eye, his natural eyes blinking as reality and the Warp formed a nightmarish composite before his mind's eye. He held on to reality for a little while longer, hesitant as he was to see only the Warp despite a lifetime of training. Then he closed his eyes and saw only the Warp-signature of each being, a malevolent shadow copy of what was...

… and those who looked back would have their minds shattered by what they saw lurking behind his eye.


[OoC]Standard Action: Use Navigator Power (Lidless Stare)[/OoC]