home

Author Topic: a painting and modelling forum  (Read 1753 times)

Offline cheaky

• Melbs, Australia
a painting and modelling forum
« on: January 11, 2007, 01:50:35 AM »
I am sick of having my threads pushed away by dozens of threads where people don't bother to research or fail to use the search button or complain about GW or whatever.  I think it would be better to have a seperate forum for painting/modeling and the like as there are lots of threads based on this ect. More forums makes it easier to find threads.

Cheaky.

Offline offroadfury88

• Und die Vögel singen nicht mehr
Re: a painting and modelling forum
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:11:37 AM »
i agree, my post that want help with painting go completely unnoticed in the elector's forum. we have plenty of painting and modeling posts to make it a separate forum
Happiness never decreases by being shared.
 -The Buddha

An act of kindness surpasses a thousand prayers
 -Sa'di

Offline Kaiserjez

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 06:19:50 PM »
As a relative newcomer to the site I would like this too. The painting and modelling aspect of the hobby is the most appealing to me and it would be nice to have all these threads congregated into one area.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 11:25:56 PM »
I also agree... although I also agree about a few other forum structure changes. I think the extra structure would be advantageous due to all the extra members / activity I have been noticing in the EF. It could be a holidays thing and people have more time, or it could mean we have lots more people contributing...

The problem is it will have both good and bad effects, and weighing up the value that wil be added vs the detriment

PRO
- They all will be organised
- People who like certain aspects will spend more of their time in certain forums

CON
- Not as much action will occur - the EF is where people go for most things. People won't know where to go to post a thread if there are too many forums
- Harder to moderate

This is just to name a few, however I still believe that the extra structure would be advantageous. I'm not sure if the admins agree however. There is a lot of work to be done to the site at the moment, and I'm sure they would like to finish what they have started before they start making sweeping changes like that.

Also, the Imperial Office does have quite a few articles for painting etc, however I can see the difference between that and what you are asking...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 11:27:27 PM by Warlord »
Quote from: Gneisenau
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline James Hook

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:00:11 PM »
I know I'm new of the forum,but the first thing i noticed when I came to the forum was the absence of the paiinting & modelling forum :closed-eyes:.If the problem in the creation fo this new section is the lack of moderators,why not recruit new mods for it? :happy: I'm sure there are members who can use their time to  put an eye on the new forum( if it's needed I have very much free time :biggriin:)

Offline cheaky

• Melbs, Australia
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 06:37:49 PM »
Why would it take up more modding time? There would not be a large increase in the number of threads, just a better organization of threads.

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 11:41:57 PM »
Why would it take up more modding time? There would not be a large increase in the number of threads, just a better organization of threads.

Hey, I agree. I was just listing the common responses from the PTB. Although like I said, the site updates are imminent, and with this they may consider adding some... I honestly don't know.
I hate people who don't paint their armies, hate them with all my guts. Beats me how they value other things over painting, like eating or brushing teeth.

Offline Calvin

• Administrator
    • CalvinWinter.net
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 12:04:29 AM »
This has been discussed by the staff and is generally seen as a good idea. However, if this is made it will be sometime after the major changes that are planned for the near future.

In short: probably, but not today.
Quote from: Rufas the Eccentric
Remember this every one, when in trouble just screem, CALVIN!
Quote from: Eight
I'd pay an extra 15 points or so to be able to take the engineer out back and shoot him.

Offline Grutch

• Administrator
    • http://www.warhammer-empire.com
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »
You got it! - A Painting and Modeling subforum has been created.  Head on over to The Brush and Palette

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 11:26:50 PM »
What a nice surprise to wake up to.

Thank you Grutch and anyone else involved in this process  :-D

Offline cheaky

• Melbs, Australia
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 10:26:53 AM »
warlord, modorator, damnit. Now who can I insult? :(

(congrats)

and thanks for the dedicated forum :) Good work admin!

Offline Warlord

• Global Moderator
  • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 12:02:38 PM »
Its just temporary (as far as I am aware).

Its all thanks to our glorious Emperor Grutch. He has empowered me to move over some of the painting / modelling topics to help out.

Offline cheaky

• Melbs, Australia
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 08:19:06 PM »
And now I can make your life hell! :P